Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Discussion / 127 Predictions

Quote Quote:
    like the idea that Raki and Priscilla left because Isley sent them away....we have no idea about the circumstances that caused them to split up
    That is something that i would really like to hear about. I hope Raki will give us some insight on that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    That is something that i would really like to hear about. I hope Raki will give us some insight on that.
    The idea they left on bad terms has always been my main theory for the longest time (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...al#post3114661)....

Mind you, that post is ancient now, but I've written so much on Isley/Raki/Priscilla over the years that it's hard to find a concensus post - that one still does the best job however.

And of course, lest we forget...aside from a tearful reunion, Raki undoubtedly wanted to find Claire in hopes he would help Priscilla revert back the same way he saw Claire do in the cathedral....of course, he's totally unaware of the relationship between those two.

I find it very unlikely that Isley knew about the AE's before the break-up....the guilt and the likelihood of them breaking up over, say, coming against eachother, feels greater to me...it feels more likely that he didn't face them until after the break-up, which pushes more so for the pitiful remorseful state he was when he died.
    Last edited by Shiek927; May 17, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    he would help Priscilla revert back the same way he saw Claire do in the cathedral
    Now i don't think that was ever his plan. Raki knows what she is and probably accepted it (or was just to afraid of being killed to do anything about it). She is fully awakened and there is no going back when your mind has gone to the other side. Clare and the others were able to revert back because they still had their human minds. Priscilla does not. She has the mind of a monster and even when she regressed it was only a fallacy and she didn't stay that way forever. Her "true self" appeared when she abandoned Raki and then again when she got her memory back.

But I know that you want the story to end on a happy-disney forgive-the-enemy kind of thing. But i just really doubt that, that was his plan.
    Last edited by Claymore1; May 17, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Now i don't think that was ever his plan. Raki knows what she is and probably accepted it (or was just to afraid of being killed to do anything about it). She is fully awakened and there is no going back when your mind has gone to the other side. Clare and the others were able to revert back because they still had their human minds. Priscilla does not. She has the mind of a monster and even when she regressed it was only a fallacy and she didn't stay that way forever. Her "true self" appeared when she abandoned Raki and then again when she got her memory back.

But I know that you want the story to end on a happy-disney forgive-the-enemy kind of thing. But i just really doubt that, that was his plan.
    It's all speculation Claymore1...we're plainly not in agreement when it comes to much concerning her as you don't see much that doesn't place her as anything but the ultimate evil....we simply don't know how much Raki knows about her, or about Claymores, Awakened etc etc...I imagine Isley may have told him information, but we don't know how much, if anything....I would hope though, by this point in time, that he knows basic truths that we've always known.
    Last edited by Shiek927; May 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Not when he started after a very long while he started to feel this as he stated when he died "During the time Raki matured with Priscilla by his side" so matured is different that met! Which is my point. And even at death he didn't deny that he wanted to "Rule EVERYTHING"! which by this I can say indeed he hated groups but loved to rule so yeah he wanted Riful dead but couldn't.

That's true if you take the statement to mean that he "previously" cared about power. At the time of his death he most definitely "did not" care about power.

"Strange to begin with, all I ever intended was to use Priscilla to bring everything under my control. Somewhere between
    that time and watching Raki mature with Priscilla by his side, I found myself being contented with the barest minimum of
    meals (Isley P. 24 Chapter 89)."

Isley openly admits that power drove his initial actions since he considered Priscilla a means to obliterate all that stood before him. However, the latter part of his statement shows a different side to him. He no longer sought power and was satisfied by just going through his daily motions, eating just sufficiently enough to sustain himself.

"I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to some day fall apart. I so
    wished, so wished that it could have lasted even the tiniest bit longer (Isley P. 25 Chapter 89)."

From his last thoughts, as the AF devoured him ,he did not mourn the loss of his power status. He lamented he loss of the family he had created with Raki and Priscilla.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Dae, who never cared for the organization's cause to begin with, would care about Rubel's agenda. At most he'd be angered over Rubel's manipulations hindering his research. For the next arc I'll stand by my prediction that the memories Clare received from Rafaela will play a very important role.

As for the Raki/Isley/Priscilla thing my interpretation might be a bit different. My interpretation was that the last thing Isley wanted was for Priscilla to revert to her awakened form, lest she regain her complete memories and turn on him (she did regain her memories later but I'll get into that in a bit). His enemies would not know this much to his advantage so Priscilla made for an excellent deterrent, a nuke that you never actually want to use. For this reason he would not want Priscilla getting involved in a skirmish with the feeders or else she’s definitely shift. It’d be a lose-lose situation for everyone. So this leads Isley to parting with Raki and Priscilla for their own safety. During those years of torment Isley might have hoped that one day he could completely defeat the feeders and reunite with his makeshift family and go back to how things were similar to how Raki thought reuniting with Clare would mean a return to the good old days unaware of Clare’s ambitions (this is just my speculation).

I don’t think Raki ever harbored any ill content toward Isley even after learning about everything. When speaking with the twins he warmly referred to him as a swordmaster and their sempai, an instructor not a monster. Now as for the thorny issue of Priscilla having used Raki I can’t see that having happened immediately but rather over the course of their travels together with her slowly regaining her memories of the time before she met Isley and realizing why she was so attracted to Raki’s scent. At some point she developed more malicious ambitions regarding Raki but never completely lost the affection she had for him.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yomaslayer 95's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure isley wanted to rule the lands with prissy as his nuke (nicely said The Based) at first.
    But as any human he went soft. (People may disagree with the fact i just called isley human...)
    After all these years of building up his army and planning attacks, in the end he just wanted to be with his makeshift family again...
    That sounds pretty human to me

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I am more interested now in how will Miria explain all what happened to the ordinary population.
    -"This is what happened, we rebelled and destroyed the Organization because they were bad guys from the start. They were actually creating Yoma and sending them to feed on you so that we could kill them and gather money for them. Oh, they were also using you as lab rats to develop powerful weapon to use it in world war that is happening on a mainland that is some 2 days sailing from here."

But joke aside, I really wonder how will she explain what happened to ordinary people. They will surely start asking question on why did Claymores rebelled in the first place, not to mention that they didn't trust them in the first place and how will they react now when they turned against their masters?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think she will explain it at all, she has other things to worry about, like hunting down the rest of the organizations men, and freeing clare from the blob.
    She probably knows the normal population won't believe her anyway.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good that normal people have been brought up...man....it's still amazing seeing everything played out like this - for such a long time, I always thought the Org would actually get attacked by ordinary people - that Miria would start spreading "propaganda" and revealing key truths, like about Claymores and Yoma, to the public and the they would go into a frenzy and march on Staff's front doors and the filters couldn't do anything because the rule says they can't kill humans....oh some probably would but the more compassionate warriors wouldn't stand for it.

And of course, by then, the Ghosts would have already collectively gathered quite an army again....I never imagined the Org would lose their power-based just because Carebear Miria decided to act like a one-woman-army......goes alongside all the theories of Isley/Riful joining the Ghosts, Riful surviving and Alicia joining her, etc, where they ended up being totally wrong. Guess that's what fanfiction is for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that there were people who learned the truth (some of it at least) by themselves by going somewhere they weren't supposed to but in that case I'm sure they haven't lived long enough to tell others about it. MiB would prefer to keep this a secret so that people wouldn't panic when they would learn they're just lab-rats that can be easily killed at MiB's whim.
    As for Miria telling humans about Org's biggest secret I think she also didn't do it for the reasons above. The "cardinal rule" thing was a farce and Miria knew it so there would be no "let's use humans as living shields since they won't be harmed". ABs/AEs/mindless AOs/ninja would do the job for them anyway.

I seriously wonder what Miria is planning to do now, it's not just Priscilla problem, there is also Cassandra and most importantly a whole continent (or more) where are at least two big factions that could want them all dead. Organization so they could reset the project or not allow their enemies get their hands on the results of years of their research and OE (Org's enemies) who wouldn't want Org to have anything left to start with.

Of course, now with the fall of the Organization on the island it's quite possible she will tell everyone the truth (people in Rabona will probably be first ones to know).
    Last edited by Goral; May 18, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i don't know alot...but he died because of the AFs(because he was about to pawn helen and deneve)... deitrich mentioned it had been just a little while since he last encountered them(had nothing to do with luciella or riful...both were scared of priscella).alicia and beth were no doubt trump cards...but we have seen how that right there would have turned out(especially if priscella hadn't reached the south yet...they would have been dealt with probably even in a harsher/rasher sense)
    even riful succumbbed to the contest harrassment of being injuried without rest...so they all have their limits.rest is a necessity to recovery...which the AFs do not allow.
    i think isley was driven mainly...by the fact that he did not want to upset/rile/or even lose priscella as his so called ally...knowing he couldn't do a damn thing if she chose to.look at how she treated raki after she caught a whiff of clare/teresa.
    priscella was the driving factor in all his decisions once she awakened and because obviously she was the alpha...he was always looking on her and not the reverse(if that means anything).
    "ah...that's where you ran off to"...sounds like a subordinate to me...
    I agree with you in that Priscilla was the more powerful of the two, but Isley actively worked at manipulating her (which wasn't hard given her child like state). At first, his manipulations were for his own ends, but with time, the manga made it sound like he genuinely cared about her and Raki. At that point, his decisions became about what was best for them. He stopped consuming human flesh as much as possible, he sent Priscilla away even though she was his trump card, etc.. He did these things knowing full well it may cost him his like.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not exactly sure why isley sent prissy away, raki i get but priscilla? It sure wasn't about her safety because she can probably destroy all feeders without even taking a scratch... Maybe he did it to keep raki safe?
    Just speculating here
    Last edited by Yomaslayer 95; May 18, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yomaslayer 95 View Post
    I'm still not exactly sure why isley sent prissy away, raki i get but priscilla? It sure wasn't about her safety because she can probably destroy all feeders without even taking a scratch... Maybe he did it to keep raki safe?
    Just speculating here
    Because Isley and Riful realise Priscilla is to powerful and was no longer under his control
    read chp 71

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Because Isley and Riful realise Priscilla is to powerful and was no longer under his control
    read chp 71
    He controlled, or at least manipulated her, her just fine for the campaign....considering however that he didn't further his campaign after conquering the South, I find the whole idea of wondering if he controlled her pretty moot, considering that he gave up his notions of ruling the world steadily after that point anyway.

At any rate though, would love to hear more from people on their ideas about what will happen next...I don't think we'll see her, but Claire will definitely be brought up next chapter and we'll hear more of her...who knows, maybe we'll get an abrupt scene change to another area entirely, like Rabona - curious what's going on over there.
    Last edited by Shiek927; May 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

New Reply
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast