Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Genei's Avatar
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

The end of Claymore? I don't believe. I loved the machinery part though and I liked the appearance of dragon-kin. For me, to end Claymore this way... I don't believe... This kind of ending is kinda similar to ending of 'Veritas' manga. Where I was expecting an epic battle (there were antagonists in that series, like in Claymore where we have Clare & Pris, an I had expected that Gangryong will be fighting with Vera, like here I had expected Pris vs Clare). Both of endings seems kind of rushed and uncompleted. Still, I liked that bitter, uncompleted ending in 'Veritas', while I can't accept that kind of ending in Claymore.

PS: Vera is like Teresa +badass lvl 10 Or maybe Vera is similar to Pris rather than similar to Theresa? I don't know.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    so does that mean the whole sequel story is a fake then?
    Not sure about that part; I'm just saying the new title that was provided in 2ch is possibly a fake.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Genei, Claymore is not over...

Whether or Claymore will be re-named, is speculated at this point, but rest assured, that the story is not ending.

You could argue that their is no proof otherwise, but new info is popping up with time, and more and more, all the worst-case scenarios are looking more and more false.

What I'm hoping for is that the story will continue, and will not be renamed...why then the chapter didn't say anything about Next month, was because maybe somebody forgot that part XD

--

Negative Syndicate, I think we can agree now that it was fake

I didn't honestly catch it too, until you said it - then again, I'm oblivious to that sort of stuff
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 28, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Not sure about that part; I'm just saying the new title that was provided in 2ch is possibly a fake.
    what is the site they got their information on a sequel from? the guys on 2ch

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Genei, Claymore is not over...Whether or Claymore will be re-named, is speculated at this point, but rest assured, that the story is not ending.
    I really hope you're right though I still have doubts because there were no confirmation
    Last edited by claremore; April 28, 2012 at 05:01 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

If Claymore title does change, I don't think it will be anything drastic.
    It will probably be like:
    Claymore X
    Claymore Evolution
    Claymore The Hundreds Years War

Rubel have always planned to have the organization destroyed itself. Now that organization is done for, I think the existence of Claymore is still consider a threat for the Dragon kin and their partners. An invasion from the main land into the island is highly possible to eliminate any future threats that the Claymore pose and to posssible gain information and war potentials that would benefit them in the war. Dae is a mad scientist who live for his experiments. If Rubel kidnap the "Blob" with Clare and Priscilla in it to the main land, then Dae will gladly continue his experiment, it doesn't matter to him which side he is working for. If Clare in the "Blob" is kidnapped, the ghosts will surely go to the main land to rescue her. There is a reason why Yagi sensei have that many warriors alive along with all the trainees. Of course if the dragon kin does invade there will be many Claymore casualty and some will likely be kidnap for study and experiment. The remaining Claymore force will seek to rescue their friends and revenge for their fallen friends.

One more interesting thing.

Consider how almost all Claymore (damn you Clarice ;P) have blonde hair and silver eyes despite what originally color they had.
    The Dragon Kin before they "awaken" most likely have the appearance of human with blond hair and silver eyes too since they are more or less ancestor of Claymore.
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; April 28, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

8. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire and the Priscilla blob being captured is definitely the best pretext I've ever heard for anybody needing to go over there
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

that sounds good .. was going to ask how but that may be Cassandras next use

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claremore View Post
    that sounds good .. was going to ask how but that may be Cassandras next use
    Almost forgot about Cassandra, may be she will be use to measure how strong the Dragon Kin awakened form is.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fraktur's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Claire and the Priscilla blob being captured is definitely the best pretext I've ever heard for anybody needing to go over there
    although i agree shiekh, i'm not sure i could stand the whining about clares abscence any longer. and a kidnap arc would just delay her return even further.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, just because the blob is captured, it doesn't mean we won't necessarily see Claire and Priscilla...we can still delve inside the blob and have all sorts of mental battles, revelations and what not....heck, along the way, maybe they escape the blob together and go off doing things on their own and, the Ghosts don't know that while chasing after the blob and getting mixed in their own battles.

The obvious issue I have with all this is...what about Cassandra? What about the Island? Or everything?

It's just too too much...really, despite all my speculating, I'm still holding out that all of this won't even come true....that we won't go to the continent, no dragons, no new title, no new nothing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haeger compared me to Twilight (the character, not the books >_<) ages ago when I had no idea what that even was, I blame him
    I have no recollection of ever commiting such attrocities, in fact, I couldn't possibly have done so as I try and stay away from that brony shit as far as humanly possibe. Merely being forced to think and write about it here is quite the ordeal. Shieky, you WILL pay for this

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I agree let us blame Haegar instead.
    I can see how you would say tht considering Shieky was blaming you in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
    le'ts hope claymore doesn't also take an extreme quality drop.
    I doubt that actually. If the sequel story turns out to be true it opens up SO many possibilities with the new pretext this chapter offers:

1. Raphaella "you made a huge mistake" + DODs cannot revert -> the whole morality angle about staying human would shift. The ghosts would have to redefine the way they conceptualize their identities. They might not venture to the mainland to join either side, but rather to find out about their ancestors/forefathers/ or wahtever you wanna call it. They would have to find their place in this world as "monsters" ... or lern to see things differently.

2. A new arc at this point would leave it to the ghosts to "finish" the island revolution's aftermath. Surely stray Yoma and ABs still roam and need to be delt with. Ties with Rabona could be deepened, the power vacuum left by the org has to be handled somehow etc pp

3. Dae didn't get it. Fear not, Dr.Frankenstein is still at large to breed more monstrosities

4. The whole Clare/Prissy blob thing could get a whole new dynamic with this background

Well, that's just some points,sure we'll find more of interest over the month.

As for title, I find benelori's "chicks with swords" quite charming

though "awakening" has a nice ominious ring too :
    Last edited by haegar; April 28, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you aren't getting away that easy

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=874

BAM! Haha! Their's my proof....you poisoned my mind with all that love and tolerance
    Spoiler: offtopic show

On another matter, I overread that post suggesting the blob might get stolen, presumably by Dae or such. that's a nice idea, I like

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is truly the end, then I'm quite disappointed. Like many of you, I'm sad to see the Manga end but I'm even more critical of the manner by which it ended. The Organization has capitulated and there remains but to kill any yomas or AB left on the continent. In addition, we're left with Clare and Priscilla at each other's throat, locked for eternity within the prison of that cocoon. Anyone remember Lazarus from Star Trek TOS? Seems like an identical ending. Perhaps Yagi is a bigger Trekkie than I am.

Hoping God Eye Galatea is right and the last phrase implies the end of the organization making Claymores. Also, the end of the Organization is Miria's story!!! Clare never cared about the Orgnization. She cared only to avenge Teresa. Like Clare's obsession with killing Priscilla this is Miria's ultimate goal that drives her actions. She didn't do it to avenge Hilda. She did it to save her fellow warriors as she realized that each of them was doomed to die, either at the hand of a warrior as a result of a black card event or as the pray of a hunt for a newly emerged Awakened Being.

I'm ridiculously angry at the prospect of this wonderful story ending in such a miserable manner. However, I do appreciate Miria's sense of irony. She afforded Rimulto a Claymore's death. She should have taken out her black card, thrown it at his feet and then cut his head off. Yu Aida had better not do this to the only other Manga that I follow and it's near its end as well.
    Last edited by wickedsmile; April 28, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    my bad...just commenting on haegar's sig....
    notice how I tagged my blah as OT but did not do that with my SNK link, this beauty cannot be brought to people's attention enough

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    [...] we're left with Clare and Priscilla at each other's throat, locked for eternity within the prison of that cocoon. [...]Also, the end of the Organization is Miria's story!!! Clare never cared about the Orgnization. She cared only to avenge Teresa. [...]
    being a troll one might of course argue that Clare and Prissy being stuck in there IS an end to the revenge plot-line, albeit an awfully moralistic one: raph: making a big mistake, you are. to the dark side, revenge leads. being locked in a blob of shit for all eternety, the true fate of the sith is.

Quote Quote:
    However, I do appreciate Miria's sense of irony. She afforded Rimulto a Claymore's death.
    nice point, didn't think of it like that
    Last edited by haegar; April 28, 2012 at 09:50 PM.

New Reply
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast