Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Discussion / 127 Predictions

Since "Claymore" ended is there any news on a spinoff? Seems kind of open ended.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seska View Post
    Oh, shit.. this is the Exit of our Manga Dreamland... So no more Anime/Mange.. except your living in Nippon/Japan....

OMG!!! What will i do. i can't survive without my Weekley Animes and Mangas... It's grown a part of me...
    Generally it does not bode well but I am not sure if such a law would stay alive all too long even if they get it through. The way it is drafted creates a whole lota pressure points between author and publishers. They don't just do that so they can better prosecute copyright infringements on part of the fans or what they see as such. It would also mean that cashflow gains a lot in weight when it comes to decisions. Like an author not wanting to continue his work after a suitable ending point but they then being able to just go over his head and move on to milk it for more profit with some half-assed extra season or such ...

It's a slap in the face of mangakas I feel, I mean let's face it, except for a very few exceptions income isn't exactly high anyways, and now they want them to give even more rights to publishers, allowing them to make more money? I doubt this would benefit mangakas much. And they try to sell it with the argument of crackin down on infringement would boost sales. But wer heard that one before didn't we?

Anyways, my 5 cents, if this passes, a number of upstanding and daring authors might go and say "well F*** you then, in that case I find my own way of publishing - or maybe I get a publisher outside of Japan or whatnot", wheras fans might very well seriously boykot if the whole doujinshi realm gets shut down.

---
    but still, for the moment kinda OT here as we don't know about Yagi. It's a topic one should follow though
    Last edited by haegar; May 02, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Yoma are just parasites, huh. Kind of strange. And What Miria said about them not actually being shapeshifters is contradicting to the things that we learned at the beginning of the series.

Quote Quote:
    I don't agree that the Dragon Kin is actually "100% monster." Sure, they may have monstrous appearances but it doesn't mean they are monster. Afterall, they are ally with the humans who are against the organization factions in the main land. They must have some type of intelligence if they are able to ally themselves with humans, and going to battle against the other side without harming their own allied forces.
    Yeah, the Organization could be the aggressors in that war and could have possibly started it to try and gain more land. So if Claymore ever goes to another island, i wonder on what side the warriors will Fight?

And is there any more news on the continuation of Claymore? Because it doesn't seem like this could be the end.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Since "Claymore" ended is there any news on a spinoff? Seems kind of open ended.
    There's no official news yet about anything, yet...the only clue we have is from the manga...there's never been any statements, yet...not from the author, nor the magazine

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, let's wait until we have some official information on this "ending" before discussing anything about a spinoff\sequel or anything else.

As for the neighboring copyright law - lol. Yagi(and not only him) might wanna try going on the net and be the one to unite manga writers in creating start-up offering manga online. It's pretty clear that this is one of the easiest ways to move from this publisher-slavery thing. Not to mention that they can hire translators and release manga in several different languages at once. Not an expert here, but for me it seems like a pretty nice way out. I'd be glad to pay moner directly to authors\editors\translators, instead of waiting for my fav. manga to be licensed here.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Someone has provided on my blog very disturbing news and a possible reason for this abrupt ending:

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/201...eason-ken.html

That would also explain why there isn't any news from Jump Square and why we weren't noticed earlier about Claymore having the last chapter. Yagi just said to them f**k you motherfathers and they were as surprised as we were (the difference is they've deserved it). Seriously, this SOPA, ACTA, PIPA and things like that have to stop. Soon we will have more rights in the North Korea...

http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...l#comment-form
    We keep getting publishers and copyright holder trying to push through all these laws so they can "protect their properties" but are we getting any laws to protect the consumers? And this law, sounds like it would just be a matter of time before some company abuses it to steal a lucrative property from the creator. I may help a friend move in his new couch, but that does not mean I get to claim ownership of the couch.

We'll have to wait and see at this point what is going on with Claymore though. We really don't have the information to know what's going on with it.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say something quite simple: it's impossible that Claymore has really ended,at best there will be a sequel,maybe in another magazine........but seriously, this doesn't feel even a little bit like an endin,only an arc-ending (or maybe "part one-ending",considering that the freedom from the org on the island is quite a big event in the story).

I'm aware that i sound like someone in denial (LoL),but i really can't imagine an author to give his masterpiece an ending like that,it's so incomplete that it can't even be considered a rushed ending.

If i don't hear SOON some news about a Claymore's sequel/continuation i think i'll go crazy,lol.....i have to wake up from this nightmare!!!!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This ending looks odd, it's too open, there still lot of unfinished threads... soo i hope i will see sequel (Claymore Z XD)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with the discussion about the laws - It's certainly a possibility, but don't forget that we don't know exactly what's going on....the story may indeed be going for a hiatus...

No, stop for a moment - just to clarify: Are we or are we not getting next month's issue?

Gooral said no, and that it doesn't say next July (June), but returning to that I think would be the next step to do.

As for the Yoma, I'm glad that people notice how funny it is...some people can say to just cut him a break because so much data is so old and inevitable conflicts are necessary if Yagi is to push forward....but that just feels like an excuse - Yagi has always been very methodical and analytical, and while he indeed isn't perfect, and definitely makes things up as he goes...

If this was a 'lesser' manga, I wouldn't care, but this is Claymore - I understand that things change overtime and we get new info all the time, but their is no excuse for a lack of consistency. Maybe we aren't just thinking about it the right way or not, when the answers should be obvious...but letting mistakes go shouldn't be the right answer.

At any rate, what are my honest thoughts if their is a sequel?

Again, I don't like it and I tried to understand why....It's the same story, but I guess I just don't like the feeling that comes with it -- I mean, by all accounts, if their truly is a seperate story, then that means people could technically review Claymore as is, and I don't like that at all.

A seperate story...maybe it doesn't mean anything, but it sure doesn't feel that way - it just feels unnecessary, even if big events have taken place....really, unless the story truly is over, or has/is going to deviate so much from what it used to be, that it's necessary to create a "new" story from scratch...

I don't know, the idea just feels distasteful to me right now....very unnecessary; It's one thing if we were going to get entirely new characters and a brand new story set in the same world....but this is just picking up right from where it left of.

Really, if their is some sort of "political" problem going on, that's probably the only reason that would justify a "new" Claymore story...because Yagi has no choice if the story is going to continue at all. Not the most ideal situation or response, but if that's the only way to continue, so be it.

==

To say something that actually sticks....where was it that said that Yoma could reproduce asexually? That would have ridiculous consequences, but I can't remember that ever even being said, unless my memory broke again.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember after the Cathedral arc Rubel stated that what Claire fought was not a Vorcious Eater after all, but merely a Yoma eating additional food in preparation for dividing/reproduction. I do not remember the translated word off the top of my head, but I could have sworn it implied Yoma reproduce asexually/divide.

It has been so long that I do not remember who did that translation.

edit: Cannot find the chapter online or on my PC. It had to have been at the beginning of the Slasher's arc where Miria, Helen, and Deneve were first introduced.
    Last edited by Nixl; May 02, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I'm looking at that chapter right now -- Rubel talks alot; about Claire's attitude, Priscilla, adding Claire to the Slashers....nothing whatsoever about yoma reproducing.

Maybe you are thinking of when he says that, "it's better to let the masses think Yoma lived long enough to evolve", which is apparently what the people think "Voracious Eaters" are.

Again though, nothing about Yoma reproducing.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember an entirely different line though. I am not going to fault the translation version, because that is too big of a difference.

Either I am thinking of the wrong scene, the anime had a different line/translation, or my memory has failed me totally.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Again though, nothing about Yoma reproducing.
    Yeah, I have never seen or heard anything about Yoma reproduction. I just thought that they jumped from Human to Human.

Wait, if the body of a yoma gets weak after a while then how long was that yoma holding Clare hostage when she was a kid?
    Last edited by Claymore1; May 02, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claremore View Post
    As of right now, I'm taking that last sentence literally until anything changes. Claymore is over and we learned nothing of Claire since the almost two years she got put "on hold".
    While its certainly possible it's the end of the story, I'd wait till there is at least official word. If you watched BSG all the way through , youll remember they killed off starbuck part way through season3. They even went so far as to remove Katie sackoff's name from the credits for several months. Then, at the season finally, she reappeared. The stunt had been planned all along. This could be a similar situation. If official word has come out, then please ignore.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just popped up in my mind... Didn't someone (out of the manga, of course) state that Clare's only purpose in the blob was to "keep Prissy hostage" no matter who or what was trying to change it?

New Reply
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast