Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    16 32.00%
  • Good

    22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

    9 18.00%
  • Poor

    0 0%
  • Horrible

    3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 638

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

  1. #166
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Seska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    41
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    If Claymore have to end, and Yagi wants to bring out "Claymore 2". Then i predict that we will see a Hybrid of Pricilia and Claire. Remember where the "3(or 4)" are right now? a melting thing of Flesh. Claire used to force control the Awakened body of these 2 Sisters melting Yoki (and mind i bet) to chain Pricilia inside the Flesh something. And if your Will are strong enough (i am Claire!!), you can be reborn again (when we saw, when Claire was sucked inside in the beginning, before Pricilia get the scent of her)

    So, Raki is in searching for Claire. But what will he find? Claire? a Claire/Pricillia Hybrid? or a Claire alike body with the strength of the 4 Minds melted as one?

    But, then with the Origination gone. Wheres the Bad Guys now? Why fighting the War for a dead Origination? Its this the staring point for Peace between the Island and Mainland? If Claymore will continue, they need now a new "Fresh" Bad Guy/Girl. Where they bet their Lifes on...

    Yagi, let this open. Nice move

    p.s. As i said it in Animesuki Forums. The Origination must have some kind of DNA Samples to reproduce Claymore, with different skills... Looks like i was quite right..
    Last edited by Seska; April 29, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

  2. #167
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Quote:
    And who will be Raki's gf?
    Gf? Gf can't be singular. The right way to say it is "who will be Raki's Girlfriends"
    But I would say Clare, Helen, or Cynthia.

  3. #168
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Gf? Gf can't be singular. The right way to say it is "who will be Raki's Girlfriends"
    But I would say Clare, Helen, or Cynthia.
    I knew someone would answer that question ^^
    But I daresay Clare is not that likely, since she is part of a pile fo meat right now - and we have no hints of that fact changing anytime soon. And if that fact changes, Priscilla and Clare will fight over his love, Priscilla will win and eat him as soon as she's tired of him. Or something like that.

  4. #169
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Szczecin
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    - The last chapter of Claymore is reason to my premature registration. Btw, Hello every one ^.^ Anyway, the legend of claymore end is true? Did Yagi have no-mood to this series? Do you have some informations about this?
    I have some problems with writing in english, but I'm trying do that best I can. So forgive me readers, if I make some mistakes.

  5. #170
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    It's in my opinion more likely that he is either just ending this arc (what would made sense) or that he actually is ending the manga and is going to publish a follow up soon. Whatever it is, ending the manga completely at this point is simply nothing any author would do if he's not dead or something. There are tons of unanswered questions, so I guess there isn't that much need to worry.

  6. #171
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Szczecin
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Quote:
    I guess there isn't that much need to worry.

    Yeah, i hope so - i want to see the true. I counted on filler with Irene's earlier life, or something.
    So, i still belive in that.
    I have some problems with writing in english, but I'm trying do that best I can. So forgive me readers, if I make some mistakes.

  7. #172
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    I'm slowly becoming a fan of the time skip theory. Whether name will be changed or not, the org is gone so there are no more generations of Claymore to be made. Also, I've been seeing this whole arc as a redemption of the war in the North. If that is true, it also makes sense that a little time skip would follow it.

  8. #173
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I have heard the raw is already out, but I can't see it.
    Can someone post it and make a summaries.
    Thanks.
    Chinese scan is out, you can check the OP for more info, I updated it with the link to the chinese scan...

  9. #174
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    how come this series end like this? hiatus can happen i hope this series will survive 2012
    and FMA was ended in june isn't it . so we can hope for 2 more chapters?

    Deleted link to the raw, because of virus threat - bene
    Last edited by benelori; April 29, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

  10. #175
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    I appologize for being too lazy to go to the trouble of multiquoting a number of interesting posts, I'll just address some mention aspects in a roundabout way:

    1. DODs being "creations" like Claymores (mentioned by ryus among others) It might of course be the case but I feel this is still one of the further stretched speculations: There could be various ways in which the DODs abilities could be explained as natural. One of the reasons I would think this more likely is that IF there is a spinoff involving the DODs, having them 'likewise' be the results of experiments would kind of repeat a part of the old claymore plot. As I suggested in an earlier post in this thread, a spinoff would offer the opportunity to "shift" many old topics into a new direction, amongst those, I feel the ghosts having to deal with the fact that they aren't merely the results of some crazy experiment and thus "made to be monster" but rather have to slowly acknowledge that they are some sort of descendants of another "race" would offer a huge realm of character options for them as they have to learn to see themselves in a new light.

    2. the notion that as there are 2 specimen of DODs the ORG based their work on, one of them was used to create offensive, another to create defensive warriors.
    Again, might very well be true - but there might be some points against it. It was always suggested that this was related to the human psyche of the warrior. As Shieky phrased it very eloquently one does get the feeling that what the ORG is doing is but a "crude emulation" of the real thing. The original DODs might very well possess both offensive and defensive skills.
    Another fact that might be tied into this is the suggestion that DODs look homogenous, whereas awakend warriors each have their individual awakend forms. If true, that likewise would suggest that it is the fact that the ORG is splicing/diluting/merging the DOD DNA with human DNA introduced a sort of 'variable'. One might suspect that varrying human body's can integrate the DOD flesh/blood to varrying degrees of effectiveness. As it likewise is heavily implied that the human mind plays a large part in controling and shaping the claymore abilities on several occasions the fact that Claymore are either offensive or defensive might not have to do with the way the DODs are, but rather with the way how transplanting the DODs powers into a human body limits the original range of said powers.

    On that matter, interesting angles for looking differently at gifted high tier warriors like Teresa, Prissy, Clare, Miata or Galatea arise:
    Uberhax warriors such as Prissy/Teresa might be what they are for the simple reason that their bodies are genetically more compatible to integrate the DOD parts. Singularily gifted warriors excelling in individual disciplines might be able to do what they do as their genes make them compatible to partial DOD abilities. Thus, Galatea and Miata might both have an affinity for the sensing skill genes of the DODs, albeit in two slightly different ways. Teresa and Prissy would by this logic be the two "best" specimens so far, in coming closest to the phenotype of the original Desendants of Dragons they can best incorporate a nearly complete range of the DOD powers ...This would also offer a new aspect for looking at Clare, if things are like this it would (partially) emancipate her from Teresa's shadow: Clare might not only have the hax abilities she displays at times because she has Teresa inside her, she, likewise might be a good "host body" for a complete DOD skillset/powerlevel. (Granted, that clashes with the fact that she seems so weak at times)

    Thirdly, I would like to introduce an aspect to the DOD discussion that I believe has not yet been mentioned: Soullink / Mindmeld

    As a number of warriors have shown capabilities in that direction, be it Clare, Jean, Raph, Lucy or just the simple fact that regeneration types can heal others better by somewhat linking up with their yoki, I feel it is highly likely that this ability to link telephatically is also originally a DOD ability. This might be turned into very interesting plot options.

    There is also the question if possibly the mother creature is/was capable of tapping into the offshots' mindlinks and influence them. This however is highly unlikely as if so, we should have seen more coordinated behaviour by any awakend creatures. It(her/it having that ability but not having used it I mean) still might be a possibility though as probably, as mentioned, both the original specimens would have been highly dosed on surpresant medicine. In fact I suspect that the tubes Miria cut from their bodies were constantly supplying surpresants to their system.

    Well, this last musing of mine doesnt amount to much, but I guess the point I wanted to raise is simply "what if the mindlink is a DOD trait too?, Where might that lead us?"
    Last edited by haegar; April 29, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

  11. #176
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Ajman
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    After reading God Eye Galatea and Ryus' response last night, I am starting to wonder whether the DoDs are actually ridiculously powerful. If the organization did reverse engineer the flesh then said flesh would be diluted by the time it reached the Claymore. If we are to assume that the purity of the flesh has anything to do with power then these DoDs should be noticeably different.

    Descendants of Dragons (100% pure) > Yoma (1/2) > Claymore (1/4) >Claire (1/8)

    If this is how it works then all Claymores are merely 1/4 DoDs.

    What I do not understand is how ABs or the Abysmal Feeders work into the equation.
    DoDs (100% pure) --> Yoma (1/2) ---> Claymore(1/4)----ABs (???) -----> Feeder(???).

    If Awakened Beings are the result of yoma flesh (1/2 DoD) becoming dominant then in a sense ABs would generally still be inferior to DoDs. Furthermore, if implanting AB flesh into people creates Feeders then are traits typical in feeders (ultra regeneration, heightened senses, type of soul/mind link) natural abilities of the DoDs? Then again, DoDs must also have a human component with the exception that they skip the yoma phase, thus containing a purer strain of flesh within their bodies.

    If this is correct then in terms of powerlevels I would fully except DoDs Claymore(1/2 flesh?) > Our Claymores (1/4 flesh).

    That also means that Priscilla and Teresa were empowered by only 1/4 DoD flesh and they were super freaks. Does that mean the DoDs have super super freaks? lol


    edit: Just had another thought, DoDs also have a problem with awakening. The MiBs partial answer was to use women instead of men, because they would last longer. It is also possible that the DoDs have found the same answer. Thus, the DoDs could also use mostly female warriors, meaning their females warriors versus our female warriors.

    Oh. My. God. Girl on Girl action. Destination Claymore 2! All aboard the harem/les train.


    edit 2: I do not remember where I heard this from, but didn't Yagi use to work with the author of Rosario/Vampire? That series had RV 1 and RV2, so maybe it would not be surprising if Yagi followed along with Claymore 2.
    Last edited by Nixl; April 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

  12. #177
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Verilance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Ikeda Akihasa was an assistant to Yagi I believe

  13. #178
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    After reading God Eye Galatea and Ryus' response last night, I am starting to wonder whether the DoDs are actually ridiculously powerful. If the organization did reverse engineer the flesh then said flesh would be diluted by the time it reached the Claymore. If we are to assume that the purity of the flesh has anything to do with power then these DoDs should be noticeably different.
    Would the purity of the flesh influence the talent of the warrior? For example in Priscilla's case, she was very very talented, and because of that talent, when she awakened she became ridiculously powerful...at least from what we know...

    Also doesn't Awakening transform the body completely? Meaning that it doesn't matter if it's only 1/2 or 1/4 DoD flesh, after awakened it should be completely pure...

    I dunno, just throwing out some ideas

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #179
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    @ Nixl

    That only holds true if we believe that the original is the best which I doubt. As i stated in an earlier post, there are already some traits of hybridization that cannot be achieved by either parent specie. In the natural world a hybrid creature can show more resilience then a pure bred one and not just in wild animals. Even humans with mixed parentage tend to greater resistance to genetic diseases from either parent race which can be seen as an improvement on the genetic level. So when we think about the testing the organization is doing the design is to create a creature that is more powerful then the original, not less.

    The purpose of the human hybrid is to produce a creature prone to genetic mutation by destabilizing the genetic code of the "Dragon Kin". (Sticking with this term, don't care, look up the definition of kin if it's confusing). The organization only seeks to guide these mutations and progress them in a manner that creates warriors and there in awakened beings that surpass the parameters of it's parent specie. Awakening itself is like an artificial mutation stage that comes with the hybrid creature reaching its adult phase; if the original's are considered stable, natural creatures they probably lack the ability to awaken. It would explain why normal Yoma don't awaken, because the initial hybrid is not as prone to mutation.

    The Org is playing at Biological warfare on a macro scale. Even If we assume that the parent creatures are also subjects of similar genetic tinkering it will come down not to how much original monster you have in you but more simply whose method of cultivation is best.

    My best guess is that the Organization has matched there enemies when it comes to standard awaken beings and possibly surpassed them entirely with awakened warriors in the upper digits but most especially Abyssal ones and Priscella and the Destroyer. That would explain why Rubel would do everything to keep Priscella a secret, lest she become a mass produced product. It would also make sense as to why he wanted to keep them from ever reaching a stage where they could mass produce controllable awakened beings, especially if they were at the levels of Alicia and Beth. Had any of those things happened there's a good chance the war might have ended with Rubel's faction losing.


    Now whats a scary thought you say? Rubel flipping Dae to his side and getting a hold of all his knowledge in the production of Claymores and awakened beings. With more test material who knows what that crazy bastard could come up with, lets hope he's loyal to king and country.

  16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #180
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

    I don't think the direct mathematics way is viable. I think we might have to take into account that if the DOD side is thined down ALL TOO MUCH powerloss might be an issue to some extent - maybe that might account for colorheads such as Clarice? But generally I do think there aren't any direct analogies here, and why should Yagi conceptualize the power levels that way? He would limit his character development options if he were to restrain their powerlevels in such a way. Also, in a way Clare herself might disprove this as her being strong despite 1/4 might not be ONLY due to Teresa.

    Now actually going back a page to pick out one quote from Ryus on the awakening of DODs and what that means about their nature:
    Quote Originally Posted by ryus
    I state they where created since how could a naturally evolved race of beings exist, if after x point they went full monster and couldn't revert.
    DOD awakening might be a once in a lifetime defensive mechanism that is not used by all of them. To give a crude RL example: the blind worm, little creature looking like a snake, but infact it is a sort of lizard. When in danger, the thing can "throw of" it's tail. Like when a bird has the tail, it seperates, and then it can flee. However, unlike with normal lizzards, the blind worm cannot regrow the tail. Now lets equate the tail to reproductive organs: Maybe the awakening DODs kinda form into a warrior caste at times of need. Normally, DODs live and reproduce in human form, in times of crisis, some of them sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the group by giving up on reproducing and awakening into their warrior form once and for all.

    And that is just one way of looking at it that is already somewhat biased in sticking to the assumption "awakend DOD cannot reproduce". They are DRAGON kin. for all we know it might be the big awakend ones that lay the eggs that keeps the tribe alive

    let's face it, we know SQUAT. it's very frustrating but at the same time it makes me ridicolously hungry for v2.0. I predict should there be a sequel, ratings will **** skyrocket and this will go down in history as one of the best PR stunts in manga history

    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    My best guess is that the Organization has matched there enemies when it comes to standard awaken beings and possibly surpassed them entirely with awakened warriors in the upper digits but most especially Abyssal ones and Priscella and the Destroyer. That would explain why Rubel would do everything to keep Priscella a secret, lest she become a mass produced product. It would also make sense as to why he wanted to keep them from ever reaching a stage where they could mass produce controllable awakened beings, especially if they were at the levels of Alicia and Beth. H
    ^this - making LOTS of sense
    Last edited by haegar; April 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts