Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Phantom Priscilla explained?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Phantom Priscilla explained?

In chapter 125 on pages 27,28, and 30 Daae is discussing the three number ones and how they are basically being used to lure the owner of the left. I am not sure if the arm is embedded in pieces of those that awakened or close by but, it would kinda make sense that it is embedded in those awakened ones because for some reason when Roxanne is remembering Teresa of the Faint Smile, she has this burst of an UNFAMILIAR YOKI and manifests herself into an incomplete Priscilla. Daae says that the former number ones' appearances are basically shells so who knows exactly what he did when he recreated them. Maybe the supreme regeneration powers that Priscilla has were able to reconfigure their bodies. And when that phantom Priscilla was whispering something, Cassandra did the same thing and then she left. Maybe going to rejoin Priscilla's body in that black mass. I dont know, thoughts anyone

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phantom Priscilla explained?

Quote Originally Posted by cprimm View Post
    In chapter 125 on pages 27,28, and 30 Daae is discussing the three number ones and how they are basically being used to lure the owner of the left. I am not sure if the arm is embedded in pieces of those that awakened or close by but, it would kinda make sense that it is embedded in those awakened ones because for some reason when Roxanne is remembering Teresa of the Faint Smile, she has this burst of an UNFAMILIAR YOKI and manifests herself into an incomplete Priscilla. Daae says that the former number ones' appearances are basically shells so who knows exactly what he did when he recreated them. Maybe the supreme regeneration powers that Priscilla has were able to reconfigure their bodies. And when that phantom Priscilla was whispering something, Cassandra did the same thing and then she left. Maybe going to rejoin Priscilla's body in that black mass. I dont know, thoughts anyone
    I guess you meant Hysteria remembering Teresa and not Roxanne, Roxanne was eaten whole by Cassandra.

Not sure if "..........." meant they whispered the same thing, but it is a possibility.
    Where is Cassandra going is one of the big question from this chapter.
    Perhaps she is the key in freeing Claire and Priscilla, or just bringing the story back to them.

There is lots of theory as to where is Cassandra going:
    -She reacted to the ghostly Priscilla, and is heading toward where she is
    -Dae planned that if one of the ZAOs dies, the other would track the same yoki that rest inside them to the original owner's place
    -Roxanne is taking control of her, and going out chestbuster style soon
    -Raftela was mindscrewing her into leaving
    -She is full and she going to take a nap
    -She ate shitty Roxanne and get a stomachache so she needs excuse herself (bad case of diarrea lol)

Edit replying the wrong thing before lol.

Priscilla's ghostly form is probably resulted in her obsession with Teresa, so even in her yoki rest the obsessive thought of Teresa. So when Hysteria remembered Teresa's face, Priscilla's pressence took over and took her own form probably because she thought Teresa was there and wanted to fight and kill her again.

What Priscilla whispered might be, "....what... the...hell?...where...is....my...body... wait... you... are...not..Teresa....be gone!..." "....huh..where..are..my...long..fingers..oh..yeah...not..real.. body...my..body...where?"
    Cassandra whispered "Go...find..body...now" lol
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; April 06, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I am certain that when Hysteria was reminiscing about Teresa, it definitely was Teresa and not some other grinning warrior. Second, it definitely was a switch from Hysteria's mind to Pricilla's mind afterwards. Pricilla's character is essentially a champion of justice, and the words spoken by the flesh-mache Pricilla were in line with Pricilla's character, not Hysteria's.

I doubt that this Pricilla doll means that there has been some change in the Yoki Wad. I do accept that that is possible, but I think it's more likely that the Yoki Wad is in tact and will be a plot motivator for chapters to come. By keeping Clare and Pricilla on the side-lines Yagi is free to develop some of his newly introduced characters and address some more pressing issues, such as.
    1. Capture MiB's
      Heal & introduce current generation Warriors
      Organize the new system between Warriors & also Civilians
      Eradicate the continents Yoma & AB's
      Then untangle the Yoki ball.

Cassandra was depicted be responding attentively to the spot the Pricilla flesh-mache doll appeared, examining the area silently, taking a frame to think, then leaving. I would guess that Cassandra noted something about it familiar & went off to contemplate the meaning of her new existence in light of that and other events. I think that as the only surviving AO in all the land, as as basically the undisputed strongest thinga-ma-bob active, she isn't in any rush to act. Perhaps more important, she needs be an available measuring devise for the plot. When or if one of the half awakened slashers begins to be able to do a reversible awakening, they will need Cassandra to measure up against first, & Pricilla later. So i expect both Cassandra & Pricilla to be shelved kinda till the appropriate time.

The back ground plot that has always been there, since the Slashers met in the Slashers arc, has always been a slow progression toward a controlled awakening. Now with the Twins & Dae introduced to the slashers & ghosts, that plot motive should take another baby step or two. I'm also willing to bet Dae will have something to do with the Yoki Wad untangling.

It wouldn't shock me if we don't get around to seeing Clare again this year. I miss her too, but I think that may be for the best. There is alot of story to be told in the meantime. I think it would be wise of Yagi to take his time.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah i did mean Hysteria. I dotn know exactly where this story is going but maybe we can finally see how yoma and claymores are actually made and possibiy the people in control of the Organization. I just wished the manga was at least twice a month. Oh well, ill stick to Naruto and Awesome Bleach in the mean time

New Reply