Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

14 37.84%
  • Good!

15 40.54%
  • Regular

8 21.62%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fairy Tail 279 Discussion/ 280 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 279 Discussion/ 280 Predictions

Awesome chapter is awesome. Who cares if nothing moved forward in the story?

Like seriously.
    My review consists of this:

This manga is the king of teases. I swear.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it seems like arcadius or whatever may be doing something behind the kings back...

its gonna be interesting to see how they kidnap lucy now that ft is waiting on it to happen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Well, that's a bummer... Now we know that they will fail.
    It was stated that they needed to kill Lucy to open the gate, and we already know that she won't die...
    I don't think they need Lucy as a sacrifice more like. They gonna drain her magic power to open the Gate. Like summoning the 12 golden spirits same time. Which she kinda did before (Not all), but most of her spirits when she saved Leon...There is a possibility a mage could die when his magic power get drained, but Makarov survived from this, and recently also Wendy....

Maybe her magic power has nothing to do with it, and Lucy will simply remember a song her mother used to sing to her when she was young, and this is why Charlie said Lucy looked like she is singing something...maybe the lyrics of this song is needed to open the gate.

So keeps your hopes up. I think they will succeed in opening the gate.
    Dreyar Style

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I don't think they need Lucy as a sacrifice more like. They gonna drain her magic power to open the Gate. Like summoning the 12 golden spirits same time. Which she kinda did before (Not all), but most of her spirits when she saved Leon...There is a possibility a mage could die when his magic power get drained, but Makarov survived from this, and recently also Wendy....

Maybe her magic power has nothing to do with it, and Lucy will simply remember a song her mother used to sing to her when she was young, and this is why Charlie said Lucy looked like she is singing something...maybe the lyrics of this song is needed to open the gate.

So keeps your hopes up. I think they will succeed in opening the gate.
    Hmm, I think that guy specifically states that one girl's life was a cheap price to pay or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure they intend to sacrifice her.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it probably has something to do with her forcing the gate open so they can steal power or get some powerful.spirit from the spirit world, but this type of gate opening is too much for.the stellar spirit mage to survive

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, that's a bummer... Now we know that they will fail.
    It was stated that they needed to kill Lucy to open the gate, and we already know that she won't die...

That's what I hate about plot-shield stuff like that...
    It kinda ruins the drama and the suspense...
    Who says that someone else can't be sacrificed in place of Lucy? Or that the plan will even fail? Levy was the one narrating back a few chapter. So it could be that team Natsu and team Gajeel from the tournament might end up getting sucked into wherever the gate leads to. Then again the castle was collapsing and Lucy was crying her eyes out while singing.

Just because the villain ultimately fails at the end doesn't mean you have to ruin it for yourself by assuming you know how things will work out.

Otherwise all manga series would be boring to read.
    Last edited by crimsonlink310; April 15, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Average chapter. The gate was the thing. And I'm not against fanservice, but took many pages. I guess Mashima had to fill the rest to avoid showing more of the things to come. Doesn't matter to me, anyway, so I just skipped these pages until the armored suits. Which looks so damn cool. I applaud Mashima because the designs are always so perfectly drawn.

And I think they will open the gate, for sure. But I'm certain that they THINK the Stellar Spirit has to die when in reality what happens is something else. Probably Lucy will be saved or revived by the Zodiac King.
    ...And let me say this now: This gate opens the world of the spirits. All of them. Yes, like the kind of the ones who died. The king surely lost someone, Arcadias probably wants to open it to bring something to Zeref or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    So she doesn't used the strongest satan soul against Azuma? Interesting. Did she just learned it during 3 months training or something?
    Erza knew it, so it's very likely that it was previous than the timeskip.
    She probably didn't have enough magic power back then.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And I'm not against fanservice, but took many pages. I guess Mashima had to fill the rest to avoid showing more of the things to come.
    Sure, but that was the second chapter with more than 20P in a row to promote the FT movie. Last week were fan service of martial arts, this week was fan service of posing bikini girls. ^_^

The plot itself wasn't actually slower than last week - not that I wouldn't be running out of patience, too... But I think that the battles of day 2 won't be disrupted. When the night comes, Arcadios/Raven Tail might try and snatch Lucy - but I'm actually expecting Acnologia to appear and attack Crocus rather than Lucy actually being sacrificed. But in fact, Charle's teaser was too random for any prediction ...
    Last edited by hoeru; April 15, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4