Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Even after all the discussion, I still see Yukimura defeating Oni. Yukimura is the kind of person that you know you're fucked up when he gets serious.
    I think Oni is just as dangerous, I just require people to give justifiable reasons before they put down any character in the series.

Back on topic,
    Has anyone noticed that Yukimura and Sanada are yet to comment on Mouri?
    Yuki commented on Ochi but he and Sanada go on like theyve never met Mouri lol and its like a totally one-sided rivalry.
    This match is missing the traditional flashback during the match like all the full matches have.

Konomi carried it on to SPoT doing flashbacks in every full match.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why Konomi have Yukimura's character design to look like a b**ch. I mean Yukimura is supossed to be bad ass and the final boss in PoT but my god man that guy looks like a wuss. Niou and Shiraishi look more like final bosses. If anything Shiraishi's character design should have been for Yukimura and Yukimura's should have been for Shiraishi. I can picture that long purple hair, headband wearing Yukimura saying "ecstasy" more so than the bandage armed Shiraishi.

I'm not a Yuki hater I just wish he looked cooler (I like jacket over the shoulder look but the head band and the hair screams... um it's screams... the word I'm looking for is a part of the female anatomy)
    Last edited by Kalel; April 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
    I don't understand why Konomi have Yukimura's character design to look like a b**ch. I mean Yukimura is supossed to be bad ass and the final boss in PoT but my god man that guy looks like a wuss. Niou and Shiraishi look more like final bosses. If anything Shiraishi's character design should have been for Yukimura and Yukimura's should have been for Shiraishi. I can picture that long purple hair, headband wearing Yukimura saying "ecstasy" more so than the bandage armed Shiraishi.

I'm not a Yuki hater I just wish he looked cooler (I like jacket over the shoulder look but the head band and the hair screams... um it's screams... the word I'm looking for is a part of the female anatomy)
    I agree he looks much softer than the other top players yet he can kick their asses. Its something that mangakas do in Shounen though not always as extreme as Yuki lol. If you read the following you would know:
    Naruto had Kabuto who looked pathetic... Look at him now.
    Reborn had Irie Shouichi first appear pathetic... Look at him in the Future arc as he was a main boss
    Fairy Tail and that Guild of Young romantic type men called Blue Pegasus who turn out to really strong.
    Fuji Shusuke in the same show being the best comparison to Yukimura as well.

Although yeah, due to the female seiyuu and feminine look you expect him to be weak against any strong shot or something lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuki is bad ass cause of his tennis style. I hope Konomi doesn't make him a stepping stone for other characters. So far he barely has any screen time on SPot.

Don't let me get started on Tezuka lol his design is ok but I can't stand his character.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
    Yuki is bad ass cause of his tennis style. I hope Konomi doesn't make him a stepping stone for other characters. So far he barely has any screen time on SPot.

Don't let me get started on Tezuka lol his design is ok but I can't stand his character.
    What dont you like about Tezuka, and who DO you actually like as a character lol.
    This isnt the right thread for this btw. Continue here

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone can translate all BG Texts of 3 chapters in the beginning and in the ending pages? PM me, tks!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think Oni is just as dangerous, I just require people to give justifiable reasons before they put down any character in the series.

Back on topic,
    Has anyone noticed that Yukimura and Sanada are yet to comment on Mouri?
    Yuki commented on Ochi but he and Sanada go on like theyve never met Mouri lol and its like a totally one-sided rivalry.
    This match is missing the traditional flashback during the match like all the full matches have.

Konomi carried it on to SPoT doing flashbacks in every full match.
    About Mouri, I suspect he has to have some high skills, or else konomi messed this plot all up making him a 1st year Highschooler.. According to renji,
    mouri skipped alot of practice and renji has no data. That would be werid because imagine you are a first stringer on a team
    and you skip practice. I'm not sure if the rikkai leader ship would allow someone to stay on the team and miss out practice unless it was very special circumstances and if no one knows your abilities, why would they risk putting you in first string lineup? In a school where the defeat
    is frowned upon, mouri must have won rikkai's verson of tennis tryouts. Not even kirihara calls him senpai yet or the other rikkai jrs.

also yay or shin pot manga being licensed! ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    also yay or shin pot manga being licensed! ?
    What?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

opps i meant yay or nay.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    opps i meant yay or nay.
    Nay. PoT isn't very popular in the U.S.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT sort of never really made it anywhere in the West. I mean, the volumes are all available in English, but PoT just never had popularity in the West in the same that way that a lot of lesser series did.

Walk into your nearest manga selling bookstore, or whatever place, and you'll notice that you just won't find PoT volumes. You can usually find stuff that ended even before PoT, but for one reason or another (which includes the terrible first movie), PoT never really made it.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    PoT sort of never really made it anywhere in the West. I mean, the volumes are all available in English, but PoT just never had popularity in the West in the same that way that a lot of lesser series did.

Walk into your nearest manga selling bookstore, or whatever place, and you'll notice that you just won't find PoT volumes. You can usually find stuff that ended even before PoT, but for one reason or another (which includes the terrible first movie), PoT never really made it.
    This is so true.
    Less and less manga's make it to the west nowadays anyway.
    I can remember when the decline in anime's arriving in UK, it began when 4Kids began dubbing the big series when I was a kid or something.

I can confirm that currently no good new anime's currently air in the UK. Inazuma 11 had 26 eps over here last year. and Digimon Series 5 does re-runs (I saw one ep. and was devastated that my childhood show has been ruined lol), Bakugan and that's it.

I dont think a Sport's anime made it to the West properly besides Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman). I dont know if Slam Dunk aired in the US.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This is so true.
    Less and less manga's make it to the west nowadays anyway.
    I can remember when the decline in anime's arriving in UK, it began when 4Kids began dubbing the big series when I was a kid or something.

I can confirm that currently no good new anime's currently air in the UK. Inazuma 11 had 26 eps over here last year. and Digimon Series 5 does re-runs (I saw one ep. and was devastated that my childhood show has been ruined lol), Bakugan and that's it.

I dont think a Sport's anime made it to the West properly besides Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman). I dont know if Slam Dunk aired in the US.
    PoT's anime came to the US, but I was busy at the time. The dub was cancelled after like 50 episodes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the dub aired on Toonami years ago.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Yeah, the dub aired on Toonami years ago.
    Only the original's best, I can't watch POT dubbed here in Spain or in USA, it doesn't feel the same way as watching it with original voices.

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast