Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 230

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    No, if you have the right technique, you can return anything. Yukimura effortlessly returned Rai with the racquet butt without the need for much power.
    Not quite. That was exclusively Yukimura's ability to be able to see through special shots. Konomi made it that way.

    Like how Shiraishi never wastes energy when playing.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 10, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Man, that was awesome on Kabaji's part. It was nice to see development for him, and Niou was pretty awesome in these chapters as well. Definitely a strong month for the series. I'm not really sure where this match can go from here, though.

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    if the spoiler script is accurate... wow This match is over. Even though atobe can probably go on 2v1, the referee might not allow 2v1, since its a doubles match and if one player is injured or can't play no more ( as per Niou's current condition) , the Match will automatically go to 1st string. Also I speculate that's why
    Ochi tells teh ref to give them that point, because they know the match is practically over and kabaji was going to be KICKED out before the ref stated it (as I assume they know the rules). SO out of respect and being nice, give the losers some accomplishments.

    Good for Niou, and Atobe. Atobe overcame/evolved his self doubts from ochi's technique, for the sake of Niou's personal sacrifice. Niou sacrificed for the team because He didnt want to lose and give Atobe some mental recovery time. One's actions inspired the other. And as for Kabajji , he couldn't let his master be hit in the FACE!

    I dont know if the coaches will allow other juniors to sub in the same match, there's still possibly 1 more set for Ochi Moura pair if they allow sub ins. there seems to be so many jr highs left and only the genius 10 to fight perhaps.
    Last edited by ashore; April 12, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Since it is an official match, they may allow for a 15 minute break. In this time, Niou may recover a little bit and turn into a right handed player. Since his left arm is no good for a good amount of time he can switch over to his right arm which is in perfect condition.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  5. #35
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Since it is an official match, they may allow for a 15 minute break. In this time, Niou may recover a little bit and turn into a right handed player. Since his left arm is no good for a good amount of time he can switch over to his right arm which is in perfect condition.
    This is not the anime where Tezuka plays right handed. If your dominant arm is injured, and Niou's left handed, there's no way you could perform the techs to the same level of ability with the non-dominant arm. Yes, Niou can use both hands, and even does the power shot right handed as Kabaji, but a normal stroke is far different from using Zone, Phantom, or ZSS.

    Now, there could be an injury timeout, and then they sacrifice the second set, and then win the third set. However, the more likely situation is that someone, possibly Kabaji, gets subbed in for Niou, but Niou still gets the spot.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; April 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

  6. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    This is not the anime where Tezuka plays right handed. If your dominant arm is injured, and Niou's left handed, there's no way you could perform the techs to the same level of ability with the non-dominant arm. Yes, Niou can use both hands, and even does the power shot right handed as Kabaji, but a normal stroke is far different from using Zone, Phantom, or ZSS.

    Now, there could be an injury timeout, and then they sacrifice the second set, and then win the third set. However, the more likely situation is that someone, possibly Kabaji, gets subbed in for Niou, but Niou still gets the spot.
    I also imagine this to be the case.
    Although Niou should be able to survive the set maybe not win but definetely survive now that I remember he and Yagyuu are ambidextrous and played equal/above Golden Pair w/ non-dominant hands. I Miss Yagyuu playing....... Oh well...

    But can Konomi make Atobe/Niou win without making the readers feel that they shouldnt have won? Since Ochi is freakin amazing. I reckon his Singles Abilities are above that of No.s 12-20.
    His serve is near unreturnable, and with eye contact he makes his opponent fault as the game goes on.
    (Not Fuwa as he has Closed Eyes making the eye contact thing useless but I doubt he will return Mach Serve so yeah).

    What Im saying is Ochi is awesome and Mouri has been laughing and smiling and whenever he's shown he hasnt shown a stressed out facial expression like Niou and Atobe have. So I think its kinda fair to say that he his holding something back maybe? And weve seen everything from Atobe and now Niou's left arm is done, unless Niou becomes Nationals!Sanada or Nationals!Yukimura who were the only players who were better than Nationals!Tezuka, its over imho.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I also imagine this to be the case.
    Although Niou should be able to survive the set maybe not win but definetely survive now that I remember he and Yagyuu are ambidextrous and played equal/above Golden Pair w/ non-dominant hands. I Miss Yagyuu playing....... Oh well...

    and weve seen everything from Atobe and now Niou's left arm is done, unless Niou becomes Nationals!Sanada or Nationals!Yukimura who were the only players who were better than Nationals!Tezuka, its over imho.
    The Yagyuu/Niou pair was probably one of the best ever shown. Yagyuu is a flat out genius, and Niou can do whatever the hell he wants. That pair is amazing.

    As for who Niou will change into next, I'm hoping he just breaks out of this roleplay crap and just plays as Niou and actually show some original shots. That would be awesome. But turning into Sanada is fine too.

    As for how to beat Rai, you can't with just power. Why do you think Yukimura had to use the butt of his racquet? You can NOT return Rai with the gut or else the strings will break. If somehow you manage to predict the random pattern of the shot (Which I still don't see the logic in Yukimura/Echizen doing that. Random by definition means you CANT predict it) then you have to use the frame or butt of the racquet. Though one could argue, like Airgrimes, that Yukimura was able to return it only because that is his ability. To which I reply, "Then how did off-screen Echizen return it?"

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #38
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    As for how to beat Rai, you can't with just power. Why do you think Yukimura had to use the butt of his racquet? You can NOT return Rai with the gut or else the strings will break.
    I'm not so sure about this anymore actually. Bakyuun also breaks the strings, but Momoshiro could return it with BJK, the same might be possible against Rai.

  10. #39
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I'm not so sure about this anymore actually. Bakyuun also breaks the strings, but Momoshiro could return it with BJK, the same might be possible against Rai.
    A possible explanation is Bakyuun is one certain spin. Let's say Topspin, but BJK is Backspin which is stated in Pair Puri Vol 1, So the BJK Backspin + Illogical Power = Strings Intact against Bakyuun.

    Although I cant use this theory with Lightning. Since the way in which Sanada hits Rai is illogical. To actually hit the ball with a downwards Kendo strike makes no sense so guessing the spin is something we cant do unless Sanada trolls us and says ''Any spin I feel like''.

    If Niou doesnt become either half of Sanada Yukimura then the match is essentialy over. Atobe struggles against Mach Serve and Ochi's eye contact.

    ---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The Yagyuu/Niou pair was probably one of the best ever shown. Yagyuu is a flat out genius, and Niou can do whatever the hell he wants. That pair is amazing.
    So glad Im not the only one who thinks that Yagyuu/Niou was a beastly Doubles pair!!
    They played around against Golden Pair, both can hit Laserbeam and are ambidextrous, they are shown to be best friends so they understand each other's moves and capabilities, Honestly I dont know how Konomi could leave Yagyuu behind. He deserves improvement to be not too far from Niou. Would love to see them pair up again.
    (Im not counting Curving Laser as improvement since he could use it prior to camp training and used it in the tie-break.)

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I also imagine this to be the case.
    Although Niou should be able to survive the set maybe not win but definetely survive now that I remember he and Yagyuu are ambidextrous and played equal/above Golden Pair w/ non-dominant hands. I Miss Yagyuu playing....... Oh well...

    But can Konomi make Atobe/Niou win without making the readers feel that they shouldnt have won? Since Ochi is freakin amazing. I reckon his Singles Abilities are above that of No.s 12-20.
    His serve is near unreturnable, and with eye contact he makes his opponent fault as the game goes on.
    (Not Fuwa as he has Closed Eyes making the eye contact thing useless but I doubt he will return Mach Serve so yeah).
    Just to clarify, his eye contact isn't what's making his opponent fault. Yes, it's shown that when he made eye contact with Atobe he started losing his game, but it's not literally his eye contact.

  12. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    It's all in the technique guys, Black Jack Knife is not just about power.

    There is a reason why Momoshiro's BJK was able to return Bakyuun. Jack Knife keeps the ball on your racquet longer than a regular shot which can absorb some of the shot's power (slightly similar to Fourth Counter). However, that is not the main reason. The main reason is the swing. The swing is actually very slow. When the ball meets the racquet in BJK, since for JK you wait for the ball to be close then you swing and the racquet pushes on the ball, more than hitting it.

    When Tezuka attempted to return Rai, he used a massive swing. The speed of Tezuka's swing combined with the ferocious power of Rai, easily made the ball break through the racquet gut. It was similar to the time when Ishida Tetsu used 2 continuous Hadoukyuu's. When he went for the second one, the speed of his swing combined with the power of the ball from Kawamura made the ball break through the gut. JK uses a swing that is still accelerating so it can return gut breaking shots. The trick to returning Rai and Bakyuun is not to take a massive swing at it, you need to absorb the power and take a gradual swing at it.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  13. #42
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    The original explanation Sai gave us made it sound as if Bakyuun worked on the same principle as Rai, but as a weaker version, so take that as you will. Kaoz has never been convinced that BJK will definitely break Rai, but using Mifune's explanation of "If you don't have 10 at Once, you can't stand on the court with people who do," BJK should definitely break Rai. Echizen also smacks Rai out of the park as well.

  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Techniques do not counter other techniques. The people doing them counter the other people doing them. No way in hell is Momoshiro returning Rai even with BJK, because Momoshiro is so far below Sanada it is a joke. Oni on the other hand might break Rai with it because he is a much better player.

    As for that "You just gotta swing better" solution for breaking Rai, I am not buying it. Tezuka would have tried that if it were possible, he isn't a moron.

  15. #44
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Just to clarify, his eye contact isn't what's making his opponent fault. Yes, it's shown that when he made eye contact with Atobe he started losing his game, but it's not literally his eye contact.
    Then what is it?

    ---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    It's all in the technique guys, Black Jack Knife is not just about power.

    There is a reason why Momoshiro's BJK was able to return Bakyuun. Jack Knife keeps the ball on your racquet longer than a regular shot which can absorb some of the shot's power (slightly similar to Fourth Counter). However, that is not the main reason. The main reason is the swing. The swing is actually very slow. When the ball meets the racquet in BJK, since for JK you wait for the ball to be close then you swing and the racquet pushes on the ball, more than hitting it.

    When Tezuka attempted to return Rai, he used a massive swing. The speed of Tezuka's swing combined with the ferocious power of Rai, easily made the ball break through the racquet gut. It was similar to the time when Ishida Tetsu used 2 continuous Hadoukyuu's. When he went for the second one, the speed of his swing combined with the power of the ball from Kawamura made the ball break through the gut. JK uses a swing that is still accelerating so it can return gut breaking shots. The trick to returning Rai and Bakyuun is not to take a massive swing at it, you need to absorb the power and take a gradual swing at it.
    I agree with this theory but Rai is far too hack to be returned by a technique Momoshiro can use. Sanada can only be stopped by plot-powered Ryoma and the other great 3 members Yukimura and Tezuka(Im guessing he can since he has TMnK at will now).

    ---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The original explanation Sai gave us made it sound as if Bakyuun worked on the same principle as Rai, but as a weaker version, so take that as you will. Kaoz has never been convinced that BJK will definitely break Rai, but using Mifune's explanation of "If you don't have 10 at Once, you can't stand on the court with people who do," BJK should definitely break Rai. Echizen also smacks Rai out of the park as well.
    Yes and no. Since Momoshiro can use it w/out showing he can hit 5 at once makes me wonder.
    Since really and truly only 3 players besides Ryoma who are beasts.
    This comment now makes me laugh. Ryoma was so wrong here. Only one other guy who was also from Kanto was missing due to surgery.

    BJK may not break Rai simply coz Momoshiro can use it. the 2nd Year MSers in this series are arent good enough to do that.

  16. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 75, 76 and 77 Discussion/Predicitions

    Technique isn't all to return power shots, even if you have outstanding technique, and you have little power and arm strength, you will never return Rai or some godlike technique. It's all about technique and power, or only power. Players like Kintarou, Echizen and Tezuka have great strength and are able to return the strongest shots.

    BJK won't break Rai. Kintarou returned BJK like nothing using Yama Arashi and Echizen could have returned it as well, that was before going to the mountains. Sure, Oni will have another stronger technique that would return Rai (maybe B.Tomahawk, but that it's not canon). So if we have to order which shot is stronger, I would say:

    Secret move from Oni (Anime B.Tomahawk) > Rai > BJK

    And about the match, I'm sure they'll lose the second set in order for Niou to heal his arm, or he gets a sub and the match still goes for Niou and Niou gets the badge. We still have to see what Mouri can do, he did nothing but return ZSserve, and Ochi has showed what he can do, I think it's time for Mouri to show what he can do, because I'll be very dissappointed if he isn't any better than that.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 13, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts