Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 175 Spoiler Thread

It hasn't ended yet and I already have teary eyes!

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so next chapter the anime already airs!?

I'm against dragging the story out, but isn't a little too fast-paced even by Ohba's standarts? I mean, we had major plot events, like Azuki getting the role of Miho, Reversi ending and now its anime airing, all in the last 5 chapters or so. Doesn't it feel like Ohba's rushing things a little?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Wait, so next chapter the anime already airs!?

I'm against dragging the story out, but isn't a little too fast-paced even by Ohba's standarts? I mean, we had major plot events, like Azuki getting the role of Miho, Reversi ending and now its anime airing, all in the last 5 chapters or so. Doesn't it feel like Ohba's rushing things a little?
    I don't know; I mean it was stated in the previous chapter that the Manga would end, what, two weeks before the anime is aired? So that doesn't give much time for anything to occur, and by all regards, what is left to occur? I think Mashiro and Tagaki are too preoccupied on tracking Reversi's results in Tankabon sales, anticipating the airing of Reversi's anime, writing PCP, and the upcoming marriage, that they don't have the time or concentration to start planning their next manga. I think the passage of time in this last chapter was well carried out. Sure, everything is staring to happen fast, but isn't that just because we are nearing the end? After all, Azuki agreed to marry Mashiro after she stared in his anime, and they've been waiting how many years to do so? I would marry her right then and there, but of course Mashiro in his infinite brilliance, decides they have to wait for the anime to air. Just the same, the anime airs two weeks after Reversi manga ends and he marries Azuki right after Reversi airs, so there is not much time to spread out between chapters. If anything, I prefer O&O's current speed.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the pacing was okay actually. Of course weeks past in this one chapter alone, but the only thing that was of importance was just volume sales. At least it wasn't too boring or linear. We got to see what the others were upto. Eiji seems to be getting ready to have ZG animated by the same studio doing Reversi. Aoki and Hiramaru seem to also be getting ready for their wedding. Iwase and Shizuka are both working on their next pieces. No idea what Takahama is smiling about...

Now, what I do have a problem with, is this sudden "We have beaten Eiji" turn of events. I dunno about you guys, but it felt anti-climatic. The way it was shown was too easy. I remember me, and Saladesu, and Frostymouse(?), amongst others were thinking "well, what counts as surpassing Eiji?!". And today's answer is: having more volume sales as well as ranked #1 at the same time. On the flipside, you could say well what did you have in mind. I dunno, I was expecting something more...deep.

Back to pacing, since the transition upto the wedding was so fast, I'm expecting (or more like wanting) the wedding to be spread across a few chapters (3-4). The less rushed it feels, the more enjoyable the ending will be (for me, anyway). I hope we'll get some powerful scenes in the next chapter since it's the proposal for heaven's sake. Speaking of which, I thought the ending for the chapter would be more powerful if Mashiro said those words infront of his uncle's grave rather than just his journal (I think that's his journal....).
    -

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Where's the climax?

Ever after Hattori announced that Reversi would be made into an anime things have been going too smoothly. There was a little competition for the role of Miho, but nothing on the level of Ashirogi/Nanamine face-off. Even Ashirogi vs Eiji had more drama than this. It's as if Naruto wouls suddenly became Hokage in just one panel, and no one else would give a f*ck, you know what I mean?

There won't be any battles left, only character development and plot movements. Pretty much 180 degrees opposite of what we had in DN.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Maybe it's less interesting than DN in the traditional sense, and they aren't having too much stopping them at this point, but... why would they? I agree I wasn't entirely satisfied by this definition of beating Eiji, but I'm happy with this story. I think it would be pointless to drag it on for no reason, just for the value of making it interesting. I feel like the story just reached its conclusion and making it any more than that would just be fake and pointless. Even the Azuki voice acting thing I think could've been completely left out and it felt to me just like dragging it a bit more. I just think the way it's ending now works. I'm hoping that won't be their last on-screen meeting with Eiji (it didn't feel nearly meaningful enough, and he didn't exactly admit defeat) because even though it's implied they'll keep fighting even after Bakuman ends, I feel that it's really necessary to have a moment where both Eiji and them genuinely believe that Ashirogi won. And if that moment was it, then yeah, that's not good enough.

But other than that, I think the pacing is great and I don't want any more additional "drama" for the sake of making the story interesting. It would just ruin it. In fact, I think it's even one of Bakuman's flaws. Sometimes it fails to be realistic not because it's too optimistic, but rather because it's too pessimistic. I believe if Reversi was real there would be no problem instantly giving Azuki the role and no one would bat an eyelid. The mangaka deserves to choose. Ohba just insisted on putting a lot of shit in their way so that it would be more satisfying when they achieve it. And I suppose that works in terms of drama, but I'm happy with these chapters just being chilled and satisfying. The conflict is over. I just want to enjoy the characters' happiness with them, we don't need more trouble, or a "climax."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xdanx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing a first kiss central color page on our future

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xdanx View Post
    Nice idea, but I predict something like Ashirogi surrounded by all the people they have met during their story.

Including Nanamine

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha yeah, that would be great!

I guess the sudden ending of Reversi with positive reviews and the overall exposure that the anime provided would suffice as to why they have surpassed Eiji. Although, I agree, Ohba could've given us something more regarding this matter (i.e. a separate chapter after the wedding or the kiss or whatever that involved Mashiro and Azuki), and not by just simply including it with the dream-fulfilled factor as if it's a side matter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a plan of "who's having first a baby?"...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ernabc View Post
    Maybe a plan of "who's having first a baby?"...
    Not in a Shounen story in a Shounen Jump that censored To Love-Ru. :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    I thought the pacing was okay actually. Of course weeks past in this one chapter alone, but the only thing that was of importance was just volume sales. At least it wasn't too boring or linear. We got to see what the others were upto. Eiji seems to be getting ready to have ZG animated by the same studio doing Reversi. Aoki and Hiramaru seem to also be getting ready for their wedding. Iwase and Shizuka are both working on their next pieces. No idea what Takahama is smiling about...

Now, what I do have a problem with, is this sudden "We have beaten Eiji" turn of events. I dunno about you guys, but it felt anti-climatic. The way it was shown was too easy. I remember me, and Saladesu, and Frostymouse(?), amongst others were thinking "well, what counts as surpassing Eiji?!". And today's answer is: having more volume sales as well as ranked #1 at the same time. On the flipside, you could say well what did you have in mind. I dunno, I was expecting something more...deep.

Back to pacing, since the transition upto the wedding was so fast, I'm expecting (or more like wanting) the wedding to be spread across a few chapters (3-4). The less rushed it feels, the more enjoyable the ending will be (for me, anyway). I hope we'll get some powerful scenes in the next chapter since it's the proposal for heaven's sake. Speaking of which, I thought the ending for the chapter would be more powerful if Mashiro said those words infront of his uncle's grave rather than just his journal (I think that's his journal....).
    I'm afraid I don't understand you point; Bakuman has always been a statistic battle manga, holding their battles in the polls and volume sells, with the highest seller/most popular being the winner, and as they've spent the whole series up until now working towards creating a quality piece that could do so, it is neither rushed nor off. For honestly, what else would make the winner than polls and tankabon sales? Its not like it wasn't foreshadowed properly either, what with the last chapter focusing on the fans, and even Mangaka's, reaction to the last chapters of Reversi.

I agree the proposal should be amazing, something romantic, but regardless I think the most important factor of the proposal should be art, and it would be brilliant done if in color!!! Weddings are pretty long, but they are also boring, so I would have to disagree with spreading it out over 5 chapters; maybe dedicating one chapter to the planning, one to the actual wedding, and the last to a reception party, but listening to a priest rant for five chapters, ugh! No thank you. Once again, I think the most important factor to the wedding will be good art.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Exactly! Where's the climax?

Ever after Hattori announced that Reversi would be made into an anime things have been going too smoothly. There was a little competition for the role of Miho, but nothing on the level of Ashirogi/Nanamine face-off. Even Ashirogi vs Eiji had more drama than this. It's as if Naruto wouls suddenly became Hokage in just one panel, and no one else would give a f*ck, you know what I mean?

There won't be any battles left, only character development and plot movements. Pretty much 180 degrees opposite of what we had in DN.
    I see, I've have always felt, and will continue to do so, that the climax of the manga was when they accomplished their dream and Azuki earned the role of heroin in Reversi, since then we are experiencing a 'wrap-up' or 'falling action' period. As for the Climax with Eiji, since the begging of Reversi and Zombie Gun we have seen them competing, so much so that they have held first and second place the entire time they were published, except for Reversi which dropped down for two weeks. We've seen Eiji edge them on, back off due to depression, and then return with even more gusto, and in the end Ashigori Muto did exactly what Eiji did, end the manga with a perfect streak, completely whipping out the competition; this counts as a victory to me. So while their victory may seem 'too easy' if judging by this chapter alone, its not as if the story wasn't leading up to it. Read the previous 20 or so chapters in one go and I think you'll arrive at a different conclusion.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    I don't know. Maybe it's less interesting than DN in the traditional sense, and they aren't having too much stopping them at this point, but... why would they? I agree I wasn't entirely satisfied by this definition of beating Eiji, but I'm happy with this story. I think it would be pointless to drag it on for no reason, just for the value of making it interesting. I feel like the story just reached its conclusion and making it any more than that would just be fake and pointless. Even the Azuki voice acting thing I think could've been completely left out and it felt to me just like dragging it a bit more. I just think the way it's ending now works. I'm hoping that won't be their last on-screen meeting with Eiji (it didn't feel nearly meaningful enough, and he didn't exactly admit defeat) because even though it's implied they'll keep fighting even after Bakuman ends, I feel that it's really necessary to have a moment where both Eiji and them genuinely believe that Ashirogi won. And if that moment was it, then yeah, that's not good enough.

But other than that, I think the pacing is great and I don't want any more additional "drama" for the sake of making the story interesting. It would just ruin it. In fact, I think it's even one of Bakuman's flaws. Sometimes it fails to be realistic not because it's too optimistic, but rather because it's too pessimistic. I believe if Reversi was real there would be no problem instantly giving Azuki the role and no one would bat an eyelid. The mangaka deserves to choose. Ohba just insisted on putting a lot of shit in their way so that it would be more satisfying when they achieve it. And I suppose that works in terms of drama, but I'm happy with these chapters just being chilled and satisfying. The conflict is over. I just want to enjoy the characters' happiness with them, we don't need more trouble, or a "climax."
    How's it not good enough? In Bakuman a victory is judged by 1st place in the polls and Tankabon sales; not only did they beat Eiji in both, but they did it the same way he ended Crow, with a untouchable streak that capitalized first place. Now lets consider how impossible such a feat is, then, try accomplishing that feat over someone who is good enough to do so themselves. If Eiji can capitalize everyone with a wide margin, and they can capitalize Eiji, who is fight with his full power, how amazing does that make them; how is that not a victory??? The whole manga has been leading them to this point, with every story they write getting better, and the Reversi/Zombie Gun arc in particular has highlighted the battle between them as they capitalized first and second place, so its not as if the story didn't lead to this point.

Of course the story fast paced, of course its a little boring, but what do you expect from falling action? Indeed, I have loved all the last chapters.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I think that would be prefect for the proposal, after all Azuki did say they'd kiss the next time they meet, and wouldn't that be romantic, kissing after accepting a proposal; both are perfect for a color page!

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/96130/b...y_red-hawk-neo It's Out! Jeeze, there I went and created a massive wall of text again.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; April 13, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaw,next chapter will probably be the last one.I didn't feel it last week,but while reading this week's chapter,I was quite sad.I've started reading it from the very beginning and after all those years,I would not be surprised if I teared up next week....

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XDD, Mashiro said he's going to do it by 'textbook', which is to imply a dating textbook, right? lol, I think there will be a lot of elements of humor in the next chapter, especially since this is not only their first date with each other, but the first date either of them have ever been on, and to top it off, Mashiro will use a dating textbook! I can already picture it now XD Only, I still hope the actual proposal is romantic. "After you go see Mashiro-kun, mom won't be mad if you don't come back, alright?" I love this, lol.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Center color is confirmed for next week! Here's hoping it covers the proposal and kiss, or perhaps a double page Kiss!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Quartz-pebble's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

After selling so many volumes, wrapping up the rivalry with Eiji, and with center color next week, I would absolutely not be surprised if the next chapter is the last. Second last, tops.

With the way time flows in this manga, they could totally have the anime air, a beautiful moment between Mashiro and Azuki, and a short timeskip to the wedding (with most of the characters having cameos) all in one chapter.
    ~Mineral & Rock Collector~

New Reply
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast