Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Could the Supernovas > Shichibukai???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the Supernovas > Shichibukai???

Basic Question Could the 11 Supernova's now be more threatning as a group than the Shichibukai...

We know Luffy is at least > or = to more than a few Shichi's

Zoro seems to be on par with Luffy

Law is a Shichibukai

Kidd is challenging Big Mam and sinking her ships

Drake is challenging Kaidou before the Timeskip even started

Could we dare say that this group as a collective could challenge even the Yonkou???

I honestly doubt Shanks could win vs. all the Supernova
    I am starting to doubt Whitebeard could win vs. all the Supernova's

The Admirals might not even walk out unscathed from a challenge from the "Worst Generation"

We know for a fact at least two of them can hit Logia's... (Luffy and Law)

Among them they have the most broken ability users in the series (Bonney, Law, Hawkins, Apoo, Kidd)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a collective... how strong is this group?!?!?!
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could the Supernovas > Shichibukai???

on par with original shichibukai i guess - but still this group murders the supernovas except luffy, law and kidd (doflamingo, mihawk, kuma, hancock, crocodile, moriah, jinbei)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    Could we dare say that this group as a collective could challenge even the Yonkou???

I honestly doubt Shanks could win vs. all the Supernova
    I am starting to doubt Whitebeard could win vs. all the Supernova's

The Admirals might not even walk out unscathed from a challenge from the "Worst Generation"
    > Shanks
    > Admirals
    > Getting injured by Supernovas

P.S : While I do understand about WB, but we have a seen an old and sick WB, in his state... Yea I can see him getting beaten by the Supernovas, but I doubt it. But for Shanks and Admirals, it is just plain impossible.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 07, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah, gonna have to agree with Zehahaha, the Supernova are strong, but they still have ways to go before they can beat an Admiral or a Yonkou, even as a group. These past two years have given them enough power and experience to survive an encounter with them probably, but not flat out beat. I mean, These 7 (Yonkou+Admirals) are the strongest character's in the manga. That would just be kind of lame if they could take two years of experience in the New World and just beat people who have damn near conquered it.

As for the Shichibukai thing, I would like to assume that despite Law's strength, he is the "weakest" Shichibukai. His peers have an incredible amount of time in the New World under their belt.

As for the Devil's Fruit users, these last chapters seem to indicate that those with strong enough haki and stand up even to the most hax devil's fruits. Even the three Admirals stood up to Whitebeard's shockwave. Pretty sure these experienced marines and pirates could withstand some of the more crippling effects.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WB stomped the admirals,and kizaru really owned 4 admirals. I know a lot of people disagree with this,but we know for sure that the Emperors are the strongest pirates of the world. my ranking is the following: Emperors>admirals > shichibukai > supernovas. luffy was clearly on another elvel compared to the other supernovas 2 years ago,the others weren't at shichibukai level,they had troubles even against pacifistas.
    and the fact drake and kidd are challenging emperors means nothing: we saw a lot of fodders who challenged stronger people(those who attacked crocodile at alabasta),as ruffy challenged the WG (when admirals could easily kill him). SUpernovas now are stronger than how they were 2 years ago,but rufy should still be the strongest,not to mention the pirates even stronger.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    luffy was clearly on another elvel compared to the other supernovas 2 years ago,the others weren't at shichibukai level,they had troubles even against pacifistas.
    Care to share on which chapter Luffy, Zoro and Sanji beat a pacifista easily pre timeskip? I doubt you will find it, because they barely got 1 down. So did the other supernovae.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i tend to say it is possible that the Supernovas are at least on par with the Shichibukai . I mean just seeing how much Law has grown in this period makes me say it is possible . I don't even expect Kidd to be inferior to Law , actually i think he's stronger and the others have grown as well so IMO i think they could be on par or even beat the hell out of the Shichibukai
    I mean Luffy and Zoro are also part of the Supernovas so there's just no way they are gonna lose in a fight against the 7 Shichibukai ! After all we know that Luffy is infamous for defeating 2 Shichibukai , making 1 his nakama and another one in love with him lol

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well,that's sure! if luffy is with them,then they win.the 11 of them pre time-skip against the 7? dunno, but now the supernovas should win,imo. without luffy and zoro,they would lose,imo.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Never. Boa and Mihawk can tank them with quite ease.
    And let's not turn this in another Luffy is above or below admirals, please.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No way, none of them are on par with Doflamingo, Hancock, Mihawk or Kuma.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    No way, none of them are on par with Doflamingo, Hancock, Mihawk or Kuma.
    pretty sure hancock isn't quite high up there

she's the only one who uses haki (haki master, actually) and she's still on an assumed equal level with the other shichibukai.

luffy defeated some of the shichibukai with brute force, pre-haki.

now luffy has haki on top of his brute force that matched 3 shichibukai. maintaining the assumption that the shichibukai are more or less equal, i'm pretty sure hancock's no match for luffy

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Never. Boa and Mihawk can tank them with quite ease.
    And let's not turn this in another Luffy is above or below admirals, please.
    I definitely agree with Uriel.. Boa, Mihawk, Kuma, and Doflamingo would destroy a ton of them, Im not even sure if Luffy post timeskip can beat Kuma (we never got to see his full capabilities), and most of the Super Novas weren't nearly as strong as Luffy, the only ones I say were close or even were Kidd, and Law, followed by Hawkins and Drake, the rest I think were pretty far back, but maybe I'm judging them too early.

P.S. Law is a Supernova, and Shichibukai so which team would he be fighting for, Im gonna say Shichibukai because that is actually a rank, not just a title.

also, I don't think a lot of the Supernovas (pre-timeskip) could defeat Shichibukai (pre-timeskip). I also doubt they can now, with the exception of some of the strongest supernova, and I don't think it would be an easy win, It would diminish the title of Shichibukai if it was easy.
    Last edited by leiatte; April 08, 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    pretty sure hancock isn't quite high up there

she's the only one who uses haki (haki master, actually) and she's still on an assumed equal level with the other shichibukai.

luffy defeated some of the shichibukai with brute force, pre-haki.

now luffy has haki on top of his brute force that matched 3 shichibukai. maintaining the assumption that the shichibukai are more or less equal, i'm pretty sure hancock's no match for luffy
    hancock's beauty would turn some of the supernovas into stone. about crocodile,except rufy they can't hit him,since noone of them can use haki,not even rufy could 2 years ago.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Supernova are more powerful if not at the moment then very soon. Here's my reasoning:

Zoro is somewhere around Mihawk's level, with Killer added Mihawk should go down.

Hancock is roughly as strong as her sisters, which makes here kind of weak except she's pretty awesome with haki. That being said nobody should just assume her DF is gonna KO anybody, otherwise I'll just assume Bonnie would KO everybody else.

Kuma is just a PX with an awesome DF now. That being said any one of the Supernova should have the ability to KO him if they can land a hit. Even if they don't Kidd would just rip him apart.

I apologize to all Crocodile fans in advance, but he's fodder. He's a character that relies completely on his DF, and oh yeah, you can use blood against him.

Donflamingo seems like a badass, but to be honest we know as much about him as we do about most of the Supernova.

Moria is another Shichibukai I have no respect for and assume most of the Supernova could beat. The guy had more than a year head start to steal shadows and build zombies and he still lost. I wonder if Luffy could make all of his zombies faint with a blast of haki now.

Jinbei is a strong fighter but at this point I assume Luffy could take him.

Blackbeard and Law I pretty much won't consider part of the Shichibukai for the sake of argument since one is now a Yonkou and the other a Shichibukai.

Anyway, whether you agree with how I described the Shichibukai or not, you have to admit that the Supernova are pretty powerful, powerful enough for one of them at least to become a Shichibukai. Then take into account there's 11 Supernova as opposed to only 7 Shichibukai.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

disagreed completely: Hancock is much stronger than her sisters,remember how much they feared her. she is beauty,and can shoot "hearts",aside from turning the opponents into stone. I'd say Apoo,capone and Urouge would be turned into stone.
    we don't know what's the difference between mihawk and zoro. mihawk may slice killer with a single strike,who knows. in the war he didn't fight at his best,maybe he possess haki and can own even 5 supernovas together.
    Kuma is much stronger than a px,I though he was the strongest out of the supernovas,since damaging him is almost impossible,he can teleport,shoot air bomb and beams.
    jinbe was still equal to rufy,more or less. crocodile isn't so weak,he keeped up with doflamingo and mihawk. yes blood can nullify his df,but it doesn't mean it can defeat him (look at jaws' punch ecc.) . anyway,with rufy there,I think they would still win.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast