Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: HQ Manga WebComics made outside Japan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

HQ Manga WebComics made outside Japan

Are there any popular manga webcomics made outside japan (europe or USA)?
    I'm not talking about stupid doujins of narutos/bleach, sprites or hentai, the real thing, High Quality Webcomics with manga style made OUTSIDE Japan by non-japanese people.
    ORIGINAL STORIES, NON-HENTAI.

Do such things even exist?
    In MH's menu you can find categories for manga, Manhwa and Manhua, but nothing else. What about "Westwa"?
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; April 08, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HQ Manga WebComics made outside Japan

... There are. I can only talk about Spain because I don't know how it goes in other countries (or languages), but lately Spanish publishing houses that release Japanese manga are also focusing on Spanish authors, and there's quite a few Spanish manga out there. If you're searching for actual webcomics, there's the Spanish manga 5 Elements (made by the author of Raruto, that has its own section here, but it's a completely original story) that I've been trying to talk the author into releasing in English for a couple years. In fact, that one manga has even made it to Spanish stores, with volumes where like 95% of the content is available online, and it gets quite some sales. And he's not the only Spanish web-mangaka, at all.

I don't know how it goes in other countries, but just to answer your question: yes, there are.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HQ Manga WebComics made outside Japan

If you're talking about OEM (Original English-language Manga), I know that Gomanga (Seven Seas Entertainment) has some of their OEM titles availble online. I don't know if that would count as a webcomic though. They always put up a page or two from their OEM titles daily ever since Seven Seas was founded in 2004.

New Reply