Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 91 Discussion/92 Predictions

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 91 Discussion/92 Predictions

Interesting game. I love the way this is set up. With the focus being on trust more than anything else.

And, god, Baam is being such a dick right now. Yeon was being perfectly reasonable but his response was essentially "The only people who can be happy are the ones I say can, so the rest of you should go die!" WTF?!

I keep hoping there is some brilliant alternate meaning to his selfish/dickish attitude. Like he's trying to push people away because if they walk beside him they will get hurt or something. But it's getting harder to believe that every chapter.

Is it possible that the answer is much simpler and Baam just turned into a colossal A-hole?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 17, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Interesting game. I love the way this is set up. With the focus being on trust more than anything else.

And, god, Baam is being such a dick right now. Yeon was being perfectly reasonable but his response was essentially "The only people who can be happy are the ones I say can, so the rest of you should go die!" WTF?!

I keep hoping there is some brilliant alternate meaning to his selfish/dickish attitude. Like he's trying to push people away because if they walk beside him they will get hurt or something. But it's getting harder to believe that every chapter.

Is it possible that the answer is much simpler and Baam just turned into a colossal A-hole?
    Yeon was not perfectly reasonable. Viole could pick at most 7 teammates, the others would all fail. They would not be happy. Even his teammates would then be hunted down as enemies of Zahard. The Tower, like life, is unfair, and Viole has simply grown up enough to realize that. Perhaps he believes that by killing Zahard he can end the current system of the Tower and start up a more fair one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Yeon was not perfectly reasonable. Viole could pick at most 7 teammates, the others would all fail. They would not be happy. Even his teammates would then be hunted down as enemies of Zahard. The Tower, like life, is unfair, and Viole has simply grown up enough to realize that. Perhaps he believes that by killing Zahard he can end the current system of the Tower and start up a more fair one.
    In refusing to adhere to the rules and pick teammates Baam literally created the need for this test. Whether he wanted teammates or not, he could have just taken them and abandoned them on the next floor but for whatever reason he won't. Meaning everything bad that happens during this is at least partially his fault.

Sure the people that went with him might be at risk but as things stand he's putting everybody at risk because he prefers to go solo.

Which is exactly what Yoen told him. He could end this whole thing right now by just by picking 7 people. The only reason they will be fighting here is because Baam is intent on going on alone. Might people die by going along with him? Sure, but Wangan is going to die if he fails and who know about the others' situations. Which Baam might know if he wasn't ignoring the plight of others and focusing only on himself and his goals. That isn't "grown up" that's just selfish.

Even if going along with him is a death sentence, he could have just told them that and see who still wants to come.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 17, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In refusing to adhere to the rules and pick teammates Baam literally created the need for this test. Whether he wanted teammates or not, he could have just taken them and abandoned them on the next floor but for whatever reason he won't. Meaning everything bad that happens during this is at least partially his fault.

Sure the people with him might be at risk but as things stand he's putting everybody at risk because he prefers to go solo.

Which is exactly what Yoen told him. He could end this whole thing right now by just by picking 7 people. The only reason they will be fighting here is because Baam is intent on going on alone. Might people die by going along with him? Sure, but Wangan is going to die if he fails and who know about the others' situations. Which Baam might know if he wasn't ignoring the plight of others and focusing only on himself and his goals. That isn't "grown up" that's just selfish.

Even if going along with him is a death sentence, he could have just told them that and see who still wants to come.
    There would have been more tests irregardless of Viole's decision. Just because they would avoid this particular test is meaningless; they will face hundreds more tests before they reach the top. Everyone there has their own reasons for climbing the tower. As Viole said, not everyone can be happy. You may think it's his responsibility to carry everyone there to the top of the Tower, but he clearly has his own goals. You may remember that he once tried to help someone climb the tower, someone that he had an incredibly deep friendship with, and that person tried to kill him. Before that, another person he thought was his friend took his friend hostage and then crippled her. He knew those people well and they betrayed him, and he doesn't even know the people he's currently with. He clearly learned an extremely valuable lesson, and it only took him 2 brushes with death. You might want to go back and read where Androssi clearly outlined for him how the Tower works, back in Hide-and-Seek. Watching Baam get stabbed in the back again because he was trying to help others climb the Tower would essentially be a repeat of Part 1, and would completely undo any sort of character development he acquired.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; April 17, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    There would have been more tests irregardless of Viole's decision. Just because they would avoid this particular test is meaningless; they will face hundreds more tests before they reach the top. Everyone there has their own reasons for climbing the tower. As Viole said, not everyone can be happy. You may think it's his responsibility to carry everyone there to the top of the Tower, but he clearly has his own goals. You may remember that he once tried to help someone climb the tower, someone that he had an incredibly deep friendship with, and that person tried to kill him. Before that, another person he thought was his friend took his friend hostage and then crippled her. He knew those people well and they betrayed him, and he doesn't even know the people he's currently with. He clearly learned an extremely valuable lesson, and it only took him 2 brushes with death. You might want to go back and read where Androssi clearly outlined for him how the Tower works, back in Hide-and-Seek. Watching Baam get stabbed in the back again because he was trying to help others climb the Tower would essentially be a repeat of Part 1, and would completely undo any sort of character development he acquired.
    Your missing the point.

This isn't a matter of him "carrying people to the top" or even trusting others. He is actively preventing others from going up because it's what he wants. 8 people were supposed to pass this test and he's trying everything in his power to reduce that number to 1, himself. He doesn't have to stay with these people all the way up the tower even if he picked them, he could just part ways.

They may die on other tests but that's on the tower and the Zahards. The consequences of those aren't Baam's fault. The consequences of this test IS, because he forced it to happen and it didn't need to.

Maybe he's doing it because he wants to keep people from getting caught up in whatever he's involved in, or maybe he has severe trust issues; regardless for Wangan it's the same thing as if Baam gave him a death sentence; and for what gain? Baam is causing himself difficulty in fighting this ranker, and everybody else difficulty by putting them in a position where they are forced to fight one another.

Yeon was right in saying if he just picked 7 people they could all be done with this and nobody would have to get hurt but, for whatever reason, Baam is intent on forcing the issue.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your missing the point.

This isn't a matter of him "carrying people to the top" or even trusting others. He is actively preventing others from going up because it's what he wants. 8 people were supposed to pass this test and he's trying everything in his power to reduce that number to 1, himself. He doesn't have to stay with these people all the way up the tower even if he picked them, he could just part ways.

They may die on other tests but that's on the tower and the Zahards. The consequences of those aren't Baam's fault. The consequences of this test IS, because he forced it to happen and it didn't need to.

Maybe he's doing it because he wants to keep people from getting caught up in whatever he's involved in, or maybe he has severe trust issues; regardless for Wangan it's the same thing as if Baam gave him a death sentence; and for what gain? Baam is causing himself difficulty in fighting this ranker, and everybody else difficulty by putting them in a position where they are forced to fight one another.

Yeon was right in saying if he just picked 7 people they could all be done with this and nobody would have to get hurt but, for whatever reason, Baam is intent on forcing the issue.
    The fewer people that go on to further tests, the higher chance of passing you have. Wangnan was cheering for everyone to kill each other during the first test. You think he cared about the situation of everyone else? Also, if Viole managed to get them all to drop out right then, he wouldn't have to fight any of them again. He doesn't know that if Wangnan fails again he'll be dead, and it doesn't matter either because most of the people there are putting their life on the line to pass the tests. How would you feel if he chose 7 people, and one of them wasn't Wangnan? Yeon wants him to pick 7 people because she thinks she'll be one of them, she doesn't care about the others either, her specialty is failing her teammates. Again, Androssi spelled it out for Baam, you climb the Tower by failing those you're competing with. The Tower isn't a happy cheery place where everyone gets to go up. Sure, Viole could just let them go through, but he'd be setting himself back as well as making them all enemies of Zahard, which is clearly something he doesn't want to do.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; April 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still trusting Baam's intentions in not letting people go any further. He isn't just adamant or selfish for stopping them. The chances of anyone getting killed or seriously harmed in this test should lesser in what lies ahead. May be their is more to gain from forcing the test to be changed.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zephyr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I am still trusting Baam's intentions in not letting people go any further. He isn't just adamant or selfish for stopping them. The chances of anyone getting killed or seriously harmed in this test should lesser in what lies ahead. May be their is more to gain from forcing the test to be changed.
    I cannot reply even in a way better than yours. It's the same as I've thinked b4. Guys, if Baam is a member of FUG and was also trained to become a Slayer, then he well knows how The Tower works outside residential places... So, "die", here took as means to "drop any hope", isn't a bad thing after all...

Aim To The Top, No Matter How.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

HMM interesting this new test . I was really looking forward to new tests . I think this is one of the reasons i like Tower of God (also Liar Game ) .
    The test sounds pretty simple but unfourtunately we have guys like that violet haired dude who's bossy and i doubt he'll cooperate too much . He pissed me off being so mean to Rapdevil. I really don't understand why he listens to that brat .
    But yeah now i'm sure , Rapdevil has to be one of Baam's teammates from now on and i don't accept this not happening

Btw i loved Wangnan. He's on the right path admitting he's actually scared of Baam Though i don't blame him seeing how heartless he is now .

Yeon's flames are beautiful . Now i sure can say i'm a Baam x Yeon fan Baam is really strong . I feel so sad that he doesn't trust anyone anymore . And why, 'cause of that ugly biatch Rachel

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back! At perfect time at the beginning of new game. This couldn't get even more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I cannot reply even in a way better than yours. It's the same as I've thinked b4. Guys, if Baam is a member of FUG and was also trained to become a Slayer, then he well knows how The Tower works outside residential places... So, "die", here took as means to "drop any hope", isn't a bad thing after all...
    I would love to believe that, yet a part of me wonder as well. Baam has changed so much through those years after what had happened. We wouldn't know what goes on inside his head, whether he still has that compassion to save others' life in relation to his goal. Looking at latest chapters only, I would say that he seems to have lost his humanity for the time being and only seek for his goal. Whichever way it goes, I'm looking forward to it. :P

Honestly I'm rather confused with the rules of the game, especially with the connectors, remotes, rooms, and teammates. But it is a cool idea, and as matzik said, this is why Liar Game and Tower of God are awesome. <333

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to see Baam fight Love though, not have to endure this lame game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

the prince put it nicely when he said that Baam wont dare fight against a ranker, however the current Baam is not exactly normal
    who knows what he ll do. What ever the case be i hope he gets to fight the ranker

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I would if Baam decides to fight the ranker Love head on and wins the battle . I mean don't know but seeing Love , he's kinda cute , kinda child-like so i dare to say he'll lose against Baam but not exactly 'cause of lack of strength but 'cause of something else. ( though i don't know what that something else is )

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2