Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Try to think up possible arcs for the future.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Try to think up possible arcs for the future.

This is a bit cliche...But I want to see a war in the world of HxH. All those Nen users must count for something. So far, we have seen Nen users dealing with plenty people, but I guess that in a war there is capable nen users from both sides.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont hope really for a war in HxH world because
    we had in one piece war and in naruto we have war already

and i dont think togashi want to do that much
    drawing a whole war thats really really hard for him i bet

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    i dont hope really for a war in HxH world because
    we had in one piece war and in naruto we have war already

and i dont think togashi want to do that much
    drawing a whole war thats really really hard for him i bet

a HxH war would be entirely different from one piece which was really just a battle.

It would be closer to Naruto in how there would be many battles except it would be even more intense and more strategic.

Basically think of Zevil Island on a global scale and you got probably the most awesome arc ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if it was Zevil Island on a global scale with Nen and characters from various arcs. It would be probably the most epic thing ever. I hadn't even though of it like that. Good insight sticky.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    if it was Zevil Island on a global scale with Nen and characters from various arcs. It would be probably the most epic thing ever. I hadn't even though of it like that. Good insight sticky.
    It's what I've been dreaming about ever since Volume 22.

I think this Outside Arc could bring it into play.

Hunter Association is hunting down Beyond Netero but I say it's 99.9% likely that Gon will take up Beyond's torch and will end up being hunted by the Hunter Association. Then things get fun when the Hunter Association hires the Zolydycks to kill Gon (yes I think they would go as far as assassinating a 12 year old
    if the Outside is dangerous enough.) Gyro meanwhile will be trying to get his hands on the dangers of the Outside so he can cause death and destruction.
    The spiders...I have no idea. They will be a wild card. Especially Hisoka. The Kakin Empire will probably go to war with the Hunter Association to protect
    their interests in the Outside world.

But I'm sure you can see how complicated and complex and awesome that could be.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe your dreams will come true, if things with Beyond Netero heat up. The Hunter's Association seems to be attached to v5, and now that I think about it, maybe they were the ones on the phone with Netero in a flashback back at the start of his fight against Meruem. Supposing that breaking the agreement about the outer continent violates the treaties the v5 made, problably not only Beyond's crew (and whoever join them in the end) will be targeted but the Kakin Empire as a whole as well. So the probability of a military intervention seems possible in this context.

@Edit:
    A little swordsaged by mrsticky, though our conclusions differ a little ^^'
    Last edited by heron bpv; April 13, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap you guys are right, this might be a world war arc!

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heron bpv View Post
    Maybe your dreams will come true, if things with Beyond Netero heat up. The Hunter's Association seems to be attached to v5, and now that I think about it, maybe they were the ones on the phone with Netero in a flashback back at the start of his fight against Meruem. Supposing that breaking the agreement about the outer continent violates the treaties the v5 made, problably not only Beyond's crew (and whoever join them in the end) will be targeted but the Kakin Empire as a whole as well. So the probability of a military intervention seems possible in this context.

@Edit:
    A little swordsaged by mrsticky, though our conclusions differ a little ^^'
    Nice! I really like your idea! Especially those being the v5 that Netero was talking to.

One thing I see though is that aside from Gyro there won't really be any villains just opposing sides.
    Each will have legitimate reasons as to why they go to war except Gyro who just wants to spread evil.

Oh!

I just thought of something...

What if the v5 KNEW that the Chimera Ants were from the outside and the REAL reason why they wanted them exterminated was so
    nobody who isn't already in the know would find out that they were actually from the Outside.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Outside World will be surely a two arcs in one like the previous arc finishing the Chimera Saga.

And about the war...No, it wont be like OP and Naruto or Bleach. You have to take in consideration that so far, the only one that handled well the events and the simultaneous fights was Togashi. The rest were just meh. Naruto failed completely and One Piece had some troubles even when everything was happening in the same place. In that regard, HxH has proved to be better and you only have to look The palace Invasion to realize what I'm saying.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Outside World will be surely a two arcs in one like the previous arc finishing the Chimera Saga.

And about the war...No, it wont be like OP and Naruto or Bleach. You have to take in consideration that so far, the only one that handled well the events and the simultaneous fights was Togashi. The rest were just meh. Naruto failed completely and One Piece had some troubles even when everything was happening in the same place. In that regard, HxH has proved to be better and you only have to look The palace Invasion to realize what I'm saying.
    Your 100% right. The Palace Invasion was so complex, with so many things happening but it never felt confusing, everything made perfect sense and it was just so god damn epic! The Palace Invasion PLEASE BE ANIMATED NOW!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I could do without an war arc, it seems like we just came out of one with the ant arc.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True ^ I don't need an arc as big as NGL right away, heck NGL starts out fairly small in its first volume all things considered. Something more like Heaven's Arena sure would be nice right now (in terms of mood/tone) Though I really would love to see a return to that sorta "crime drama" feel of Yorknew with Meteor City arc somehow.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    True ^ I don't need an arc as big as NGL right away, heck NGL starts out fairly small in its first volume all things considered. Something more like Heaven's Arena sure would be nice right now (in terms of mood/tone) Though I really would love to see a return to that sorta "crime drama" feel of Yorknew with Meteor City arc somehow.
    Well it's not like it would happen all at once. I just see everything building up to one.
    And really we just had the Election Arc/Alluka which was pretty small scale.
    I'm wanting things to spice up again. It doesn't need to be palace invasion craziness again so soon.
    Actually I love how the Chimera Ant Arc starts off seeming like it's just gonna be some safari.

One thing I want is for the war arc to somehow concern just about everyone.
    So I would like the arcs for the time being to show what everyone is doing
    and for it to all tie in together somehow. Kinda like how the Yorknew Auction tied
    in the story line for the four main characters. But yet on a much larger scale.

So I don't need a war arc right away. But eventually.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree an arc that ties most of the characters back together would be great.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty conclusive that the majority of us want some arc that brings back a lot of the old characters we love. I personally want to see more Hanzo, he is such an entertaining character. His personality reminds me of Chu from YYH in a way. I'd love to see Zushi again as well and of course the main 4 back together again, but something tells me we will not see all of them reunited until the end of the entire manga.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast