Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: What series (manga/manhwa/video game/light novel) do you think would make a good anime?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What series (manga/manhwa/video game/light novel) do you think would make a good anime?

I couldn't find a thread about this so, I figured I should make one.

I think the recently completed Superior(aka Superior Cross) would make a great anime.

It was a good series with strong emotional undertones and plenty of humor. The only big downside was that the art often wasn't very good. And each chapter is crazy long, even the short chapters are like 50 pages, so that would provide a lot more content per episode. So even if they paced it as slow as 1 episode per chapter it would still not seem sluggish.

So I think if it were adapted to a 24 or 48 episodes series it could be far better than the original work.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What series (manga/manhwa/videogame/light novel) do you think would make a good anime?

Well I think Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (Flunk Punk Rumble) would be a good anime. It should follow the manga of course and don't have too many filler, that would be really fun to watch.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What series (manga/manhwa/video game/light novel) do you think would make a good anime?

I think “The Legend of Zelda” would make an awesome anime. In fact, I remember that I used to wonder why there wasn’t an anime about this game when playing Ocarina of Time.

I did some research and I found out that there is a TV series - some animated Zelda shorts - but I do think the story is rich enough to have more than 13 episodes and longer episodes (the shorts were only 15 minutes long).
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What series (manga/manhwa/video game/light novel) do you think would make a good anime?

Since each album of Sound Horizon tells a story, I'd really like one of the albums to be featured as an anime. They already had Roman as a manga so I'm pretty sure it would be doable as an animated adaptation: they can reuse the voice actors that were already featured in the albums.

Personally I think either Märchen or Moira would work well since they're pretty large in scope.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, a LOT of video games in japan would make a good anime.
    Like the final fantasy series, tales of series, Ys series, Star ocean series(there is one of those around) and if I remember correctly Valkyria Chronicles came from a video game too.
    Would certainly love a valkyria chronicles 2 or 3 on anime form since the game is not localized

On the other hand, the phoenix wright trilogy would be fantastic as anime series although it would be hard to adapt. Even though there's already a movie..I still wonder why there's no anime yet.

On the positive side, if any of you knows this series: Dangan Ronpa , a visual novel that was published on the psp which gained a lot of recognition. It is where you and a bunch of other students are trapped in school with a murderer. The goal is for you to discover and find the murderer before...well, you all die.
    It's actually getting an anime after all those years!
    The fanbase for the game is big so it wasn't that unexpected and then there's Devil Survivor 2, a shin megami tensei series on the NintendoDS that is also getting an adaption.
    I loved the first one and thought it would work great as an adaption and I haven't played the second one but it's great news anyway.

New Reply