Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Techniques Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

I think one time thing. I always thought Atobe Kingdom is the upgrade version of World of Ice.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think one time thing. I always thought Atobe Kingdom is the upgrade version of World of Ice.
    Well, it kinda is. But the blind spots they can detect are different I believe. From what I understand, the blind spots found by KnS cannot be reacted to because you can't see the spot the ball is going to land in (so Irie could counter it with his wide field of vision) whereas AK searches for spots that you simply cannot physically reach. So the combined form is probably hitting the ball to a spot you can neither reach nor see if that makes sense.

And well, there must be a bit more to it than a simple upgrade because otherwise there was really no reason why Atobe used both of them rather than only AK on that last point.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Oh also, I keep forgetting this, but Sai told me that in volume 13, we get a clearer shot of Phoenix of Egypt. I don't have the page on me right now, but apparently it's a bit more zoomed out and you can see a phoenix shape heading towards Tokugawa. Basically Phoenix of Egypt seems to be Hoshi Hanabi, except it doesn't require a cord ball and aims straight at the opponent's head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not like it's going to find any new spot, but I can see it narrow down the spot down. Also, I think because the shot need to overlap (both cannot reach+cannot see) it should narrow its use even more.

And either way, it just seem pretty useless. Users on Mouri level seem to have no trouble handling World of Ice (not too sure on this though). It seem to be mainly AK they have problem returning.

Really, I think Atobe just use that to see as many possible places he can hit the ball to as much as possible, to open his options up. I think it's hardly in doubles to use tech like AK or World of Ice since it's useless unless that both opponents have the same blind spot. Even if one can't return the ball, the other can simply do it. Atobe probably use it to see if there's anywhere that, say, AK Mouri and World if Ice Ochi, or something along that line.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11