Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Techniques Discussion

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Techniques Discussion

http://c.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5523/...ch_061.006.jpg

Why aer they levitating? I dont remember this being part of the abilities Synchro provides.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...07/c062/1.html

Was this technique a Serve also? Or a Smash? I cant tell, especially the stance in which Hakamada hits it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

Vanish is a ground smash. About the Mutsu's, I don't know, it's just normal synchro, maybe they use a more powerful version of synchro but it's like the normal one.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 09, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Techniques Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Vanish is a ground smash. About the Mutsu's, I don't know, it's just normal synchro, maybe they use a more powerful version of synchro but it's like the normal one.
    Does he NEED to have one knee on the ground when performing it lol?

Why does Konomi clash against his own work?

He says Nakagauchi is faster here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-53158...hapter-30.html

But then he states otherwise here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-55183...hapter-31.html

Nakagauchi is 2.5 while Krauser is 3.

Reason to believe Fuji significantly increased his Strength stat after his loss to Shiraishi?

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27261...apter-364.html

Or was it that Niou is significantly weaker than Shiraishi? As Higuma Otoshi was no good against the real Shiraishi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Konomi was trying to exaggerate Nakagauchi's strength but then forgot about it and made his speed stat lower lol. I reckon that Niou's power level is 3.5, the same as Shiraishi with the gold on. So Fuji's strength increased probably, or he improved the technique of Higuma Otoshi.

Here is something a little off track.
    Which is faster: Fuu or Gyro Laser?
    If Fuu is slower, is it faster than regular Laser Beam?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why does Konomi clash against his own work?

He says Nakagauchi is faster here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-53158...hapter-30.html

But then he states otherwise here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-55183...hapter-31.html

Nakagauchi is 2.5 while Krauser is 3.
    How does that clash? While you have two contradicting statements, they are made by different sources. Nakagauchi is completly dominating Krauser there, so one of the players in the camp says that Nakagauchi is better in all areas. He doesn't actually move a lot himself, so of course they couldn't make a proper judgement there. On the other hand, the stat sheet is from the coaches perspective who have much more data on both players (and as such it's probably the more accurate source).

Reason to believe Fuji significantly increased his Strength stat after his loss to Shiraishi?

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27261...apter-364.html

Or was it that Niou is significantly weaker than Shiraishi? As Higuma Otoshi was no good against the real Shiraishi.
    There were only four days between the two matches, and Fuji didn't have access to any high tech training equipment there, so chances are Niou simply had less power than Shiraishi back then.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    How does that clash? While you have two contradicting statements, they are made by different sources. Nakagauchi is completly dominating Krauser there, so one of the players in the camp says that Nakagauchi is better in all areas. He doesn't actually move a lot himself, so of course they couldn't make a proper judgement there. On the other hand, the stat sheet is from the coaches perspective who have much more data on both players (and as such it's probably the more accurate source).
    Konomi writes the manga. Give a reason why he would have the players who make the audience who since the first arc in Part I are the ones who explain the situation of the match, the abilities and techniques shout out simply inaccurate info?
    Its not like Konomi has ever done that before. Yet he goes and says otherwise a few pages later.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Konomi writes the manga. Give a reason why he would have the players who make the audience who since the first arc in Part I are the ones who explain the situation of the match, the abilities and techniques shout out simply inaccurate info?
    Its not like Konomi has ever done that before. Yet he goes and says otherwise a few pages later.
    Remember all those rumors Kintarou twisted to get his weird perception of Echizen with three eyes and whatnot? Or Chitose saying that Tezuka was probably the closest to TnK after their match even though he arguably was one of the people farthest away at that point? Or all of the Rikkai regulars being on Tezuka's level when they're clearly not? How about Yukimura saying that Tezuka cannot be surpassed even though Sanada did just that a few chapters earlier? Fuji says he had trouble against Echizen during their practice match and that he might have lost if Echizen wasn't tired, then we get the flashback later on that reveals he wasn't anywhere near serious.
    Those are just a few things from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more situations where the statement changes depending on what character makes it.

Basically, you have to differentiate between a character saying something from their point of view and Konomi saying something through a character. I freely admit that that's not always easy, but that doesn't mean he's never done it before.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember all those rumors Kintarou twisted to get his weird perception of Echizen with three eyes and whatnot?
    Except this is where the players are watching a match live making it COMPLETELY different to rumours...

Or Chitose saying that Tezuka was probably the closest to TnK after their match even though he arguably was one of the people farthest away at that point?
    He was the one playing the match, not watching it live in the audience up front. Konomi could have been writing from the characters viewpoint after a match, but in this example with Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Konomi had a character comment and analyse the situation completely incorrectly which is something he has never done before.

Or all of the Rikkai regulars being on Tezuka's level when they're clearly not?
    I cant argue with this.

How about Yukimura saying that Tezuka cannot be surpassed even though Sanada did just that a few chapters earlier?
    Sanada did against an injured Tezuka. Niou was being an uninjured Tezuka. So things are different.

Fuji says he had trouble against Echizen during their practice match and that he might have lost if Echizen wasn't tired, then we get the flashback later on that reveals he wasn't anywhere near serious.
    This proves nothing. Fuji could have been saying he would have lost as he knew he wouldnt get serious in the match as he didnt get serious til Kirihara.

Those are just a few things from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more situations where the statement changes depending on what character makes it.

Basically, you have to differentiate between a character saying something from their point of view and Konomi saying something through a character. I freely admit that that's not always easy, but that doesn't mean he's never done it before.
    Just the fact that we dont know who said it and it was a passing comment through the match, kinda hints that it Konomi saying it through his characters.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Except this is where the players are watching a match live making it COMPLETELY different to rumours...
    Except it doesn't really. Both are statements based on incomplete information.

He was the one playing the match, not watching it live in the audience up front. Konomi could have been writing from the characters viewpoint after a match, but in this example with Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Konomi had a character comment and analyse the situation completely incorrectly which is something he has never done before.
    Quote Quote:
    He's strong!! His tennis is flawless!!
    Some random person about Mizuki before he gets crushed by both Fuji and Atobe.

Quote Quote:
    Surely the Kaidou we see now is invincible
    During the National Finals D2; I hope you will agree that he was nowhere near the top.

Sanada did against an injured Tezuka. Niou was being an uninjured Tezuka. So things are different.
    Tezuka wasn't injured at the beginning of the match. If Niou had used Phantom more, or had used ZSS, it would have been the same thing.

This proves nothing. Fuji could have been saying he would have lost as he knew he wouldnt get serious in the match as he didnt get serious til Kirihara.
    Yet Tezuka makes a different observation. Who is right doesn't really matter here, the point is that those are two contradicting statements where two characters have a different view on the same situation.

Just the fact that we dont know who said it and it was a passing comment through the match, kinda hints that it Konomi saying it through his characters.
    Not at all. We don't know who said it, that's true, but I would interpret that as an observation from a generic person watching the match, in other words they are making that statement based on what they see in front of them.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough I'll take it back.

---------- Post added April 27, 2012 at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was April 13, 2012 at 07:42 AM ----------

Can Bane use Acrobatic Play?

http://www.mangareader.net/343-47019...hapter-23.html

He says ''til we try'' at the bottom left.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Bane use Acrobatic Play?

http://www.mangareader.net/343-47019...hapter-23.html

He says ''til we try'' at the bottom left.
    He wasn't able to before the hidden camp, it's not listed in either the databooks or PP 2 where volleyers are covered, but it's quite possible that that was his upgrade or something.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't able to before the hidden camp, it's not listed in either the databooks or PP 2 where volleyers are covered, but it's quite possible that that was his upgrade or something.
    Completely had me baffled this line.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Bane can use acrobatics? That's all he got?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Then Bane can use acrobatics? That's all he got?
    All he got? That would be freakin amazing. Remember he wasnt weak like Mukahi or Kikumaru, the guy had power. IF he did get Acrobatic play although its likely he didnt, it would make Kurobane Harukaze awesome.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

All he got? That would be freakin amazing. Remember he wasnt weak like Mukahi or Kikumaru, the guy had power. IF he did get Acrobatic play although its likely he didnt, it would make Kurobane Harukaze awesome.
    Acrobatic and his power won't make him better than players like Sengoku, Tanishi or Hirakoba.

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast