Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Techniques Discussion

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Acrobatic and his power won't make him better than players like Sengoku, Tanishi or Hirakoba.
    But go on our Tier and find where he is lol. He is REALLY low. Acrobatic + Power would DEFINETELY do him some good and put him above Shishido.
    (Not that Shishido is good or anything lol).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to talk about Sanada's "In".

How many techniques does it actually prevent in the series? We know it prevent Saiki. Does it prevent World of Ice? Atobe Kingdom? Irie's Understanding?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post

How many techniques does it actually prevent in the series? We know it prevent Saiki. Does it prevent World of Ice? Atobe Kingdom? Irie's Understanding?
    All we were told is that it eliminates prediction and SKnK. SKnK can be translated to Pinnacle of Wisdom and is said to be ''Brilliant Insight'' as HJnK was translated to Pinnacle of Hard Work and said to be ''Doubled Return''.

Since SKnK is Insight, I imagine it provides some defence against Insight. (This means Atobe likely doesnt have a dream of a chance against Sanada right now).

It also would eliminated Data Tennis.

---------- Post added June 16, 2012 at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Can anyone tell which technique is causing the clockwise Gyro Spin here?

Spoiler show

Momoshiro is returning Bakyuun with Black Jack Knife so I cant actually tell which technique is causing the intense spin on the ball like this.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post

Sorry I didnt notice this.

In eliminates Prediction. Data Tennis should initally become ineffective against it. SKnK is out of the question aswell.
    He becomes unpredictable, so it means you have to go on the defensive against Sanada.

It means unless you are a Counterpuncher (Fuji, Kaidoh, Yanagi) or are able to use a Counterpunching play style (Shiraishi, Yukimura) your at a big disadvantage against it.
    However if you are one of them then the technique doesnt affect you so much, since playing defensively is the norm for you if you are a counterpuncher, and Shiraishi and Yukimura showed they are still top level even when defensive. Atobe also, for that matter against Muga!Ryoma was splendid defensively.

In short, as long as your good defensively its fine. Otherwise, if your weak defensively, you have no idea which of FuuRinKaZanRai is coming next and are unable to react to it when it comes. Therefore your finished.

World of Ice and Atobe Kingdom are Insight. In doesnt eliminate Insight. So no, it doesnt stop World of Ice from Irie or Atobe. Irie's understanding is his hack ability so it doesnt stop that either. Remember In isnt even Sanada's main ability in SPoT. So its not gonna be able to stop such power.

It doesnt prevent Atobe and Irie's Insight based powers. But eliminates Prediction.
    This is what the manga has suggested at least.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What does Sanada's Zan actually do?

What sort of shot is it?

What makes it impenetrable? Always wondered.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    What does Sanada's Zan actually do?

What sort of shot is it?

What makes it impenetrable? Always wondered.
    The manga stance suggests that is a drop shot, I think.

You can view it in this chapter http://www.mangareader.net/422-27197...apter-300.html it appears like Sanada's going to hit a drop shot, so I think that might be a drop shot. However, the technique is stated as "the ultimate defense", so Sanada can use it to defend against the player shots and quickly make a counterattack.

In the anime, in National Finals against Tezuka, Sanada shows his Zan, he just hits strong shots but they're absorbed by Tezuka Zone, so no idea of what the shot really is, as Konomi has never shown it clearly. However, it might be a drop shot or just a method of ultimate defense that Sanada has, but it's not impenetrable as it can be defeated with World of Ice, Atobe Kingdom or a super fast shot that Sanada can't react to.

Hope it helped

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think a drop shot has something to do with it. According to Sai, he believes it is Sanada standing in the middle of the court at the net, returning every shot his opponent hits at him with his long reach. This would explain the "immovable" aspect of the technique. Perhaps the drop shot is how he gets the point.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason we've never seen it is because Konomi doesn't know how to make it work. It's kinda hard to make it work like the others, and the fact that it's a "defensive" technique doesn't help either.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough I'll take it back.

---------- Post added April 27, 2012 at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was April 13, 2012 at 07:42 AM ----------

Can Bane use Acrobatic Play?

http://www.mangareader.net/343-47019...hapter-23.html

He says ''til we try'' at the bottom left.
    I don't know WHY I was bored and started reading the pair puris. Look at this!

"PairPuri vol. 2 Tezuka x Shiraishi CAPTAINS
    Let's Ask Those Volleyers! [pg. 36-37]

The players in the boxes were chosen as the best volleyers!!
    Featuring all the players participating in the U-17 camp. We tried asking who they recognised as volleyers.

(...)

Aerial Combination (Kurobane Harukaze / Rokkaku)
    Both the variety of his volleys and his control of his position in the air were great. Clumsy as I am, I can't do it. (Kawamura)"

I don't know if he's an acrobatic player, but apparently is great doing volleys (I always thought that Davide was the one that tend to do volleys in that pair, taking advantage of his long racquet). Now that I think about it, he's a serve and volley player...

(sorry if this is 4 months old lol)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is also what made me wonder about it, I've read page of Shin Pair Puri's available online.
    This just confused me.

Thing is, we will never know. We will never get to see Kurobane in a match again.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuff that Sai said about Zan at some point:

Quote Quote:
    Zan = Immovable. It's pure defense. A Mountain stands still and is unyeilding. I think the best analogy is one a coach of mine has said about the tennis court. A tennis court is the ultimate returner, no matter what you hit at it, it bounces it back. So the same a mountain is. No matter what you throw at it, nothing takes it down in one hit. You have to uses it's own strategy against it.
    Quote Quote:
    Zan = A Perfect Defense. From what we've seen it's close to the net and utilizes a drop shot as one of it's finishers. The actual text describes it an an Iron Wall of Defense which cannot be taken down that crushes the opponent by drawing them into a long drawn out battle of attrition. I'm fairly certain Sanada uses his amazing height and superb control to keep the ball just out of reach of the opponent so when they return it it has to go back to him or close to him so he doesn't have to waste stamina and when they're finally too exhausted to run a ball down anymore he finishes it was that drop ridiculously close to the net.
    Hope that helps.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically it's gives a Tezuka Zone-like effect by carefully placing the ball. By hitting strong shots at certain places of the court, Sanada can force the opponent to hit the ball towards him.

So Zan is Sanada's version of TZ, I guess.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    So basically it's gives a Tezuka Zone-like effect by carefully placing the ball. By hitting strong shots at certain places of the court, Sanada can force the opponent to hit the ball towards him.

So Zan is Sanada's version of TZ, I guess.
    It looks like it´s a mix between Davide´s net play (yeah, I named him in my last post, just a coincidence) and TZ.

I hope that Marui-Kite´s doubles match ends quickly, I want to see Sanada playing.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Stuff that Sai said about Zan at some point:
    Sanada's height isn't amazing though. A lot of guys are taller than he is.
    Superb control I can believe though.
    Now that I think about it, Zan is more the style of play a Counterpuncher would use then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    It looks like it´s a mix between Davide´s net play (yeah, I named him in my last post, just a coincidence) and TZ.

I hope that Marui-Kite´s doubles match ends quickly, I want to see Sanada playing.
    We all wanna see Black Aura from Sanada bro. We all do.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada's height isn't amazing though. A lot of guys are taller than he is.
    Superb control I can believe though.
    Now that I think about it, Zan is more the style of play a Counterpuncher would use then.
    Akutsu, Chinen, Chitose, Inui, Renji, Kabaji, Ootori, Gin, Krauser. Amane, Kawamura are the same height. Too lazy to look up the HSers.

And yeah, it's pretty much like counter punching.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Akutsu, Chinen, Chitose, Inui, Renji, Kabaji, Ootori, Gin, Krauser. Amane, Kawamura are the same height. Too lazy to look up the HSers.

And yeah, it's pretty much like counter punching.
    Your list is missing Higashikata and Tetsu from PoT,

And of the HSers: Mouri, Ochi, Tokugawa, Oni, I could go on.
    Like I said, there's a lot of guys taller than Sanada is.

It sounds similar to the way Ochi played though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast