Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 153

Thread: Techniques Discussion

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Even though there are characters that are taller than Sanada, that still doesn't mean Sanada isn't tall. Also, Sanada is physically stronger than more than half the people that are taller than him. He is the perfect all-rounder in my opinion. Teleportation, Broken techniques, Excellent strength, I mean come on.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    And even more right now, for me, physically, should be at Oni's level right now maybe, or even stronger due to Black Aura.

  4. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    I wonder if Konomi will scrap FuuRinKaInZanRai for Black Aura. I mean, there isn't much use for his original technique compared to Black Aura.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  5. #34
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Even if BA allows him to make super amazing shots that outclass all the FuuRinKaInZanRai ones (which we haven't completely confirmed yet, although it's certainly something you could argue), I see no reason why he wouldn't still use Rai's movement and In.

  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    I think Konomi will give Sanada advanced forms of the FuuRinKaZan like Fuji's counters.

  7. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Even though there are characters that are taller than Sanada, that still doesn't mean Sanada isn't tall. Also, Sanada is physically stronger than more than half the people that are taller than him. He is the perfect all-rounder in my opinion. Teleportation, Broken techniques, Excellent strength, I mean come on.
    FFS, you're 100% Sanada man.
    He isnt that tall in the series if there are many players taller than him. That is the bottom line.

    So I'm saying that height shouldnt really be the main factor in Zan otherwise everybody taller than him should be able to pull off Zan.

    When you say physically stronger than more than half, are you including HSers in that? Since you can't confirm such a statement.

    And yeah, he is like a perfect All-Rounder.

  8. #37
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    FFS, you're 100% Sanada man.
    He isnt that tall in the series if there are many players taller than him. That is the bottom line.

    So I'm saying that height shouldnt really be the main factor in Zan otherwise everybody taller than him should be able to pull off Zan.

    When you say physically stronger than more than half, are you including HSers in that? Since you can't confirm such a statement.

    And yeah, he is like a perfect All-Rounder.
    Maybe he just has long arms lol

  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    FFS, you're 100% Sanada man.
    He isnt that tall in the series if there are many players taller than him. That is the bottom line.
    No, the bottom line is there are like 100+ characters in PoT and you were able to list like what, 5 that are taller?. He is still amongst the tallest in the series. Not only that, but the first time we even see Sanada, the emphasis is on his large figure.

    http://i2.mangareader.net/new-prince...nis-568987.jpg

    Sanada is a big guy. That is the bottom line.

    Quote Quote:
    So I'm saying that height shouldnt really be the main factor in Zan otherwise everybody taller than him should be able to pull off Zan.
    No? That's like saying everyone Ochi's height should be able to pull off Mach serves.

    Quote Quote:
    When you say physically stronger than more than half, are you including HSers in that? Since you can't confirm such a statement.
    Yes I will include HSers, because most of them were not even shown to be that strong physically. They are all pretty average with the obvious exception of Oni and Babe Ruth. I would put Byodouin as a Sanada type character. He probably isn't primarily a power player, but he is naturally strong.
    Last edited by Fayte; August 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

  10. #39
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    No, the bottom line is there are like 100+ characters in PoT and you were able to list like what, 5 that are taller?. He is still amongst the tallest in the series. Not only that, but the first time we even see Sanada, the emphasis is on his large figure.

    http://i2.mangareader.net/new-prince...nis-568987.jpg

    Sanada is a big guy. That is the bottom line.
    We mentioned 11. Don't know how you've cut that down to 5.

    There are a lot of guys bigger than him in this U-17 Camp. That is the bottom line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    No? That's like saying everyone Ochi's height should be able to pull off Mach serves.
    Actually you're wrong here since its partly because of his gift of height that Ochi pulls of Mach Serves.
    Your example isn't really valid sense since there is nobody else anywhere near 226cm in this series and the fact that it was said by the Data guys its coz of his height that his serve is amongst the best we've seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Yes I will include HSers, because most of them were not even shown to be that strong physically. They are all pretty average with the obvious exception of Oni and Babe Ruth. I would put Byodouin as a Sanada type character. He probably isn't primarily a power player, but he is naturally strong.
    Sanada type? lol you mean a strong All-Rounder i'm guessing.

    Miyako Shinobu had a 5 in power, there is no guarantee Sanada is a 5 in Power.
    Date Danji I believe is stronger than Sanada, along with Ban Rikiya.
    I don't think Sanada is stronger than Byoudouin.

    Ishida Tetsu and Ishida Gin are givens too.
    Kabaji Munehiro is likely stronger.
    Liliadent Krauser another one I believe.
    Kawamura is stronger too.

    Yeah its more than half but really and truly I believe its the balance of extremely high technique with high power and solid speed and the high Mental I believe Sanada has that makes Zan so effective.

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    We mentioned 11. Don't know how you've cut that down to 5.

    There are a lot of guys bigger than him in this U-17 Camp. That is the bottom line.
    Please just admit that you're wrong.

    If the average height of the tennis population is 5'8 and there are people who are 6'0 - 6'3, they are tall. It doesn't matter if there were 50 people taller than 5'8, they are ALL tall.
    Last edited by Fayte; September 02, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

  12. #41
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Japan Male stature promedy: 165,5 cm.

    Sanada is 179, and is only 15 (or 16, I don't care) years old. He IS tall.

  13. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Why are you guys having a pointless argument over if a character is tall or not? Everyone defines the term "tall" in their own way because it is such an ambiguous word. Also don't forget, PoT is a manga, where people are made to have unusual hair and eye colors and height.

    PoT: throwing logic out the window since the beginning of time.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #43
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Please just admit that you're wrong.

    If the average height of the tennis population is 5'8 and there are people who are 6'0 - 6'3, they are tall. It doesn't matter if there were 50 people taller than 5'8, they are ALL tall.
    You are wrong. We named 11, you said five.
    Your bringing real life tennis into it, it has no real relevance here where Ochi Tsukimitsu is 226cm. Which makes you even more incorrect.

    I never said he wasn't tall. I said there are a lot of guys taller than him. FACT.

    I have said nothing that isn't true.
    Higashikata, Akutsu, Chinen, Chitose, Inui, Renji, Kabaji, Ootori, Gin, Krauser and Tetsu from PoT is eleven.
    I havent even started with HSers.

    Please admit that you're the one who is wrong. If there are many players taller than him, Zan cannot be based around his height, it must be more due to his technique.
    Why you thought bringing real life tennis into PoT Logic would help you argument is beyond me, when he have a Japanese guy in the series who is 2.26m tall.

    ---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Why are you guys having a pointless argument over if a character is tall or not? Everyone defines the term "tall" in their own way because it is such an ambiguous word. Also don't forget, PoT is a manga, where people are made to have unusual hair and eye colors and height.

    PoT: throwing logic out the window since the beginning of time.
    arrrghhhh I never even said he '''wasn't tall''. Ever. Fayte tends to misread things if there is a hint of negativity about Sanada.

    ---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2012 at 02:49 AM ----------

    The Movie-only technique: Gemini

    Users: Xiu, Peter, Kieth

    In the instance before returning a shot to their opponent, the user creates a pocket of air in the shape of a tennis ball right in front of the real ball he is returning to his opponent.
    As he returns the opponents shot, the ball of air which he creates in his hand hovers in the air in the same path of the real ball.
    This means that both the ball of air, and the real ball are returned to the opponent at the same time.

    However, the ball of air is directly in front of the real ball. This means the ball of air hits the opponents racket first, throwing the opponents swing off-balance.
    So that the real ball which is directly behind the ball of air, can only be hit by a ver off-balance racket causing the opponents shot to be off-balance and almost always land outside of the court.

    The Movie creators really went the distance in giving their characters unique special moves this time haha.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 24, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #44
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Exhibit A: Tezuka killed the dinosaurs
    Exhibit B: Echizen harnessed star power

    What next movie animators?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #45
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Techniques Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Exhibit A: Tezuka killed the dinosaurs
    Exhibit B: Echizen harnessed star power

    What next movie animators?
    Honestly I'm stunned at how they had the nerve to show Bio-Magnetism can be used as a lob too.
    Just the whole explosions in the ceiling, the stars suddenly being drawn towards Ryoma's lob and into the castle.

    Gemini was an amazing technique. I'm still curious as to how someone can shape a ball of air in the hands and send that ball of air flying along with a real ball in just one swing. Amazed.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts