Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Techniques Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

Even though there are characters that are taller than Sanada, that still doesn't mean Sanada isn't tall. Also, Sanada is physically stronger than more than half the people that are taller than him. He is the perfect all-rounder in my opinion. Teleportation, Broken techniques, Excellent strength, I mean come on.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And even more right now, for me, physically, should be at Oni's level right now maybe, or even stronger due to Black Aura.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Konomi will scrap FuuRinKaInZanRai for Black Aura. I mean, there isn't much use for his original technique compared to Black Aura.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if BA allows him to make super amazing shots that outclass all the FuuRinKaInZanRai ones (which we haven't completely confirmed yet, although it's certainly something you could argue), I see no reason why he wouldn't still use Rai's movement and In.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Konomi will give Sanada advanced forms of the FuuRinKaZan like Fuji's counters.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Even though there are characters that are taller than Sanada, that still doesn't mean Sanada isn't tall. Also, Sanada is physically stronger than more than half the people that are taller than him. He is the perfect all-rounder in my opinion. Teleportation, Broken techniques, Excellent strength, I mean come on.
    FFS, you're 100% Sanada man.
    He isnt that tall in the series if there are many players taller than him. That is the bottom line.

So I'm saying that height shouldnt really be the main factor in Zan otherwise everybody taller than him should be able to pull off Zan.

When you say physically stronger than more than half, are you including HSers in that? Since you can't confirm such a statement.

And yeah, he is like a perfect All-Rounder.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    He isnt that tall in the series if there are many players taller than him. That is the bottom line.

So I'm saying that height shouldnt really be the main factor in Zan otherwise everybody taller than him should be able to pull off Zan.

When you say physically stronger than more than half, are you including HSers in that? Since you can't confirm such a statement.

And yeah, he is like a perfect All-Rounder.
    Maybe he just has long arms lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the bottom line is there are like 100+ characters in PoT and you were able to list like what, 5 that are taller?. He is still amongst the tallest in the series. Not only that, but the first time we even see Sanada, the emphasis is on his large figure.

http://i2.mangareader.net/new-prince...nis-568987.jpg

Sanada is a big guy. That is the bottom line.

Quote Quote:
    No? That's like saying everyone Ochi's height should be able to pull off Mach serves.

Quote Quote:
    Yes I will include HSers, because most of them were not even shown to be that strong physically. They are all pretty average with the obvious exception of Oni and Babe Ruth. I would put Byodouin as a Sanada type character. He probably isn't primarily a power player, but he is naturally strong.
    Last edited by Fayte; August 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the bottom line is there are like 100+ characters in PoT and you were able to list like what, 5 that are taller?. He is still amongst the tallest in the series. Not only that, but the first time we even see Sanada, the emphasis is on his large figure.

http://i2.mangareader.net/new-prince...nis-568987.jpg

Sanada is a big guy. That is the bottom line.
    We mentioned 11. Don't know how you've cut that down to 5.

There are a lot of guys bigger than him in this U-17 Camp. That is the bottom line.

No? That's like saying everyone Ochi's height should be able to pull off Mach serves.
    Actually you're wrong here since its partly because of his gift of height that Ochi pulls of Mach Serves.
    Your example isn't really valid sense since there is nobody else anywhere near 226cm in this series and the fact that it was said by the Data guys its coz of his height that his serve is amongst the best we've seen.

Yes I will include HSers, because most of them were not even shown to be that strong physically. They are all pretty average with the obvious exception of Oni and Babe Ruth. I would put Byodouin as a Sanada type character. He probably isn't primarily a power player, but he is naturally strong.
    Sanada type? lol you mean a strong All-Rounder i'm guessing.

Miyako Shinobu had a 5 in power, there is no guarantee Sanada is a 5 in Power.
    Date Danji I believe is stronger than Sanada, along with Ban Rikiya.
    I don't think Sanada is stronger than Byoudouin.

Ishida Tetsu and Ishida Gin are givens too.
    Kabaji Munehiro is likely stronger.
    Liliadent Krauser another one I believe.
    Kawamura is stronger too.

Yeah its more than half but really and truly I believe its the balance of extremely high technique with high power and solid speed and the high Mental I believe Sanada has that makes Zan so effective.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We mentioned 11. Don't know how you've cut that down to 5.

There are a lot of guys bigger than him in this U-17 Camp. That is the bottom line.
    Please just admit that you're wrong.

If the average height of the tennis population is 5'8 and there are people who are 6'0 - 6'3, they are tall. It doesn't matter if there were 50 people taller than 5'8, they are ALL tall.
    Last edited by Fayte; September 02, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Japan Male stature promedy: 165,5 cm.

Sanada is 179, and is only 15 (or 16, I don't care) years old. He IS tall.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are you guys having a pointless argument over if a character is tall or not? Everyone defines the term "tall" in their own way because it is such an ambiguous word. Also don't forget, PoT is a manga, where people are made to have unusual hair and eye colors and height.

PoT: throwing logic out the window since the beginning of time.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Please just admit that you're wrong.

If the average height of the tennis population is 5'8 and there are people who are 6'0 - 6'3, they are tall. It doesn't matter if there were 50 people taller than 5'8, they are ALL tall.
    You are wrong. We named 11, you said five.
    Your bringing real life tennis into it, it has no real relevance here where Ochi Tsukimitsu is 226cm. Which makes you even more incorrect.

I never said he wasn't tall. I said there are a lot of guys taller than him. FACT.

I have said nothing that isn't true.
    Higashikata, Akutsu, Chinen, Chitose, Inui, Renji, Kabaji, Ootori, Gin, Krauser and Tetsu from PoT is eleven.
    I havent even started with HSers.

Please admit that you're the one who is wrong. If there are many players taller than him, Zan cannot be based around his height, it must be more due to his technique.
    Why you thought bringing real life tennis into PoT Logic would help you argument is beyond me, when he have a Japanese guy in the series who is 2.26m tall.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Why are you guys having a pointless argument over if a character is tall or not? Everyone defines the term "tall" in their own way because it is such an ambiguous word. Also don't forget, PoT is a manga, where people are made to have unusual hair and eye colors and height.

PoT: throwing logic out the window since the beginning of time.
    arrrghhhh I never even said he '''wasn't tall''. Ever. Fayte tends to misread things if there is a hint of negativity about Sanada.

---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2012 at 02:49 AM ----------

The Movie-only technique: Gemini

Users: Xiu, Peter, Kieth

In the instance before returning a shot to their opponent, the user creates a pocket of air in the shape of a tennis ball right in front of the real ball he is returning to his opponent.
    As he returns the opponents shot, the ball of air which he creates in his hand hovers in the air in the same path of the real ball.
    This means that both the ball of air, and the real ball are returned to the opponent at the same time.

However, the ball of air is directly in front of the real ball. This means the ball of air hits the opponents racket first, throwing the opponents swing off-balance.
    So that the real ball which is directly behind the ball of air, can only be hit by a ver off-balance racket causing the opponents shot to be off-balance and almost always land outside of the court.

The Movie creators really went the distance in giving their characters unique special moves this time haha.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 24, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhibit A: Tezuka killed the dinosaurs
    Exhibit B: Echizen harnessed star power

What next movie animators?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Exhibit A: Tezuka killed the dinosaurs
    Exhibit B: Echizen harnessed star power

What next movie animators?
    Honestly I'm stunned at how they had the nerve to show Bio-Magnetism can be used as a lob too.
    Just the whole explosions in the ceiling, the stars suddenly being drawn towards Ryoma's lob and into the castle.

Gemini was an amazing technique. I'm still curious as to how someone can shape a ball of air in the hands and send that ball of air flying along with a real ball in just one swing. Amazed.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast