Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Techniques Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

Yeah I realised you were kinda lost, lol. No problem ^^

You still think Duke can't hit an SSS then? (like I do, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Yeah I realised you were kinda lost, lol. No problem ^^

You still think Duke can't hit an SSS then? (like I do, btw)
    Yeah that's my current stance on the matter. I don't want to rule it out because Duke has a ridiculous 27 in Base stats and is half-european which seems to count for a lot in PoT.

I feel that that just ONE stat difference in Power can make a huge difference in the impact of a Power shot.
    Kawamura has a 5 in Power, Date had a 6 in Power iirc, yet Date can effortlessly send Kawamura flying and Kawamura can't make Ban's feet leave the ground.
    Duke has a 7 so for the logic I explained in Kawamura/Date, it makes sense that Duke can send Gin to the "shadow realm" with just one shot.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ganonslayer101's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be important to discuss how Black Hole's time limit actually works in regards to the technique. I have a few Questions about it.
    1) Is it 30 minutes of Unlimited Black Holes?
    2) Does it only expect one for tally?
    3) Is black hole hard to return, I.e. is the Returned shot Special?
    4) Can you hit a special shot out of a Black Hole?
    5) How long does a Black Hole last?
    and 6) Is there a specific spot on the Black Hole that the ball has to hit, or is the whole trail viable?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we haven't gotten that many specifics yet, but I'd think that:

- The number of black holes you open doesn't affect the time limit. Oni made no mention of it when he said that Tokugawa should've still had a lot of time left.
    - A black hole probably lasts for the point it is used in? We didn't see any leftover holes before the point Byoudouin used the World Techniques in, but during that point the holes from returning Bullfighting of the Spanish and Phoenix of Egypt don't disappear.
    - I don't think it matters where the ball hits the black hole, it seemed to stop instantly.
    - The return itself does not seem to have any special properties. I would guess that it's technically possible to use a special move on the return, I don't think we'll ever see it happen though - special moves generally don't get combined.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ganonslayer101 View Post
    3) Is black hole hard to return, I.e. is the Returned shot Special?
    I strongly believe so. Since Tokugawa was able to take a notable lead once he brought out Black Hole.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I strongly believe so. Since Tokugawa was able to take a notable lead once he brought out Black Hole.
    Obviously he's going to take a lead if he can stop all of Byoudouin's attacks, it's not like he was notably inferior before Byoudouin brought out Pirate. Can you at least construct a theory how the return is special?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Obviously he's going to take a lead if he can stop all of Byoudouin's attacks, it's not like he was notably inferior before Byoudouin brought out Pirate. Can you at least construct a theory how the return is special?
    Unless you're implying that Byoudouin's defense magically collapsed all of a sudden I don't see why Tokugawa would be taking points at a rapid rate unless his returns weren't basic. It's pretty simple.
    Unless Byoudouin's ability to defend and engage in high level rallies suddenly collapsed.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you're implying that Byoudouin's defense magically collapsed all of a sudden I don't see why Tokugawa would be taking points at a rapid rate unless his returns weren't basic. It's pretty simple.
    Unless Byoudouin's ability to defend and engage in high level rallies suddenly collapsed.
    We haven't seen most of the rallies, so we don't know how many shots Byoudouin returned before Tokugawa got the point. In fact, the only rally we do get to see after Tokugawa starts using Black Hole is one in which Byoudouin returns that ball multiple times. Also, I reckon it's a lot easier to score when the ball literally stopped in one place and you can aim and take a full swing etc., so you can get the upper hand from that without needing any fancy special shots.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't seen most of the rallies, so we don't know how many shots Byoudouin returned before Tokugawa got the point. In fact, the only rally we do get to see after Tokugawa starts using Black Hole is one in which Byoudouin returns that ball multiple times. Also, I reckon it's a lot easier to score when the ball literally stopped in one place and you can aim and take a full swing etc., so you can get the upper hand from that without needing any fancy special shots.
    Yeah I re-read the chapter, I'm changing my view that instead of the shot being special itself, its better to say that what's special about the shot is the time and space that the user is given to hit the shot wherever he wants.
    Although, with a mere 4.5 in Strength & Tech, I still expect Byoudouin to hit back whatever normal shot Tokugawa hits back.
    I mean, Byoudouin must have at least 7 in Tech or something. Then again, we don't know Byoudouin's Speed stat...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Byoudouin's speed is implied to be mediocre. That said, I think Tokugawa still got a stat boost from Asura no Shindou during that time? So his power etc. were probably above 4.5.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Byoudouin's speed is implied to be mediocre. That said, I think Tokugawa still got a stat boost from Asura no Shindou during that time? So his power etc. were probably above 4.5.
    Didn't Byoudouin not activate that Asura thing too? I was assuming that once we saw a gotdamn Pirate on the court arrive out of nowhere that Byoudouin must have got some kind of stat life which should result in his Speed stat becoming mediocre for G10 level as opposed to just being mediocre.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Pirate seems to be similar to Kijin, and Oni's profile says that that one's power and mental, so I don't think it does anything for Byoudouin's speed.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Pirate seems to be similar to Kijin, and Oni's profile says that that one's power and mental, so I don't think it does anything for Byoudouin's speed.
    Noted.
    Then again since Byoudouin is G10, there must be some explanation or a note from Konomi mentioning he can make up for his Speed or that at least his Speed never holds him back due to his tennis style, just like what we got for Yagyuu Hiroshi?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Then again since Byoudouin is G10, there must be some explanation or a note from Konomi mentioning he can make up for his Speed or that at least his Speed never holds him back due to his tennis style, just like what we got for Yagyuu Hiroshi?
    The best comparison might be Irie's stamina - it's low but for some unknown reason not a significant issue.

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10