Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Now that it seems that the series is wrapping up, it's a good time to reflect. What were some of your favorite moments in Bakuman? Takagi throwing the punch to Ishizawa or Aoki slapping Nakai? All the Ashirogi victory cheers? Hiramaru's confession to Aoki? Azuki's live radio interview?
Some of my favorite moments were --
- Mashiro taking the graph showing they got #1 to his uncle's grave
- When Miura becomes their new editor and Ashirogi suddenly rush outside to bow and thank Hattori for everything he had done for them
- Aoki holding the umbrella out for Nakai
- Fukuda shoving Ishizawa into the shrubs and telling Aoki he'd help her draw panchira
- Kaya receiving flowers from Shueisha, with the card thanking her for supporting their Jump authors
Some chapters I especially enjoyed were Ashirogi following Hattori and Iwase around as a perfect crime, and the chapter where Mashiro and the assistants have too much on their plate doing both Reversi and PCP deadlines and had all those hilarious deathly-tired expressions.
Let me know yours
i think mine's when Reversi has decision to transform into anime and they're dreaming about a marriage wedding party
I'll probably have over 9000 if I'll sit down and count them all, but the first ones that come to mind are...
Saikou walking back to the classroom to get his math notebook and meeting Shuujin.
Saikou "proposing" to Azuki
Eiji's "WTFPWN-condition" to cancel a series if he becomes 1st place in WSJ
Good ol' ecchi moments from the begging of the series
Shuujin's badass moment when he WTFPWN'ed Miura in the cafe
These are only the first ones that come to mind, I'll probably add a couple more later.
When Azuki visits Mashiro in the hospital, he drops all the markers and then Azuki helps him back up. That's my favourite moment. There are lots others, but that's the first thing that came to mind.
There are a couple for me:
-I really liked when the drawings when Mashiros and his assisstants healths rapidly detoriating cause of doing pcp and Reversi at the same time. The drawings were so gross, but so unreal that I couldnt help laughing.
-An epic moment was Eiji saying he wanted to end Crow and the ensuing20 weeks at first
-Nanamine putting his comic on the internet and than afterwards hiis total personality switch
-Nanamine I really liked him, in a universe where people are learning and progressing towards their goals this guy is at the gate or maybe he is walking backwards
-Takagi eating with his chopsticks in his mouth
-oh and Himaru and Yoshida-shi after getting the yes for the wedding
What's more important, me or manga?
Manga is more important.
When Eiji used his series-ending powers to end his own series. That was a bit of a shock. I always assumed that he was going to be a dick and end Ashirogi's series.
Pretty much all otters 11 hiramaru moments were my favorites, I honestly enjoyed reading the manga within the manga more than bakuman itself.
- Mashiro proposing to Azuki
- The whole Mashiro and Azuki bit in the hospital
- The bit where Iwase challenges Takagi, and the loser has to strip and do a lap around the Shueisha buildiing. It's a pity that that scene was never mentioned when Iwase lost.
There are a lot, and those are just a few.
Let's see what I can remember...
- The whole first chapter.
- Mashiro's first visit to Niizuma and the whole discussion with Fukuda and Nakai about Crow and Jump.
- Everything Hiramaru. I remember disliking him at first and he was like an attention w*ore, but he ended up as one of my favorites and liked every moment from Yoshida's schemes to his brawl with Nakai and the proposal to Aoki.
- Every time Ashirogi win.
- Mashiro's visit to his uncle's grave.
- Both of Nanamine arcs.
- Ashirogi stalking Akira.
- Niizuma' Crow's final days.
- The gang trying to comfort Iwase during her depressed state.
- Fukuda thanking Yuujiro for his efforts when he announced Giri's anime adaption.