Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 33 Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 33 Discussion

Discuss chapter 33 and make predictions about chapter 34 of Shingeki no Kyojin here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 33 Discussion/Chapter 34 Predictions

Shingeki no Kyojin #33 Raw: Click Here

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

i was hoping for a color page.... They got annie very quick. The other human-titans are coming to get Annie and Eren. I think that they will capture Eren and we are going to see what is going on in the world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hm. might be a tad early for a capture, or rather for us readers to get the info XD

In any case awesome fight panels again. It's really intense, specially Annie's and Eren's facial expressions midfight. Annie's really a beast, the way she hit him hard before finally desperately trying to scale the wall, she's like 100% on instinct or so it seems. I have to admit with the appearance of the big guy the chances of her escaping rose drastically, both that and the way she is fighting all out don't bode well for my theories of her somehow hooking up with the town's folk after all. Looks like she made her decision when not going down those stairs, and looks like she now is following through on that decision with 100% dedication. Pretty badass.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hm. this chapter gave birth to another crackpot theory of mine beginning with the question "why kids??"

So going from that panel with Annie and her Dad - WHY KIDS? why send somebody so young out on such a task?
    It's the same inside the wall, but there it would appear young people are forced to fight or otherwise join one or the other organisation for the society's survival's sake. So was Annie sent to infiltrate a group of kids undergoing training? Or did they actually send Annie lacking other personel? Cause it strikes me the big guy looking in would be kinda "parent" size ... which would make the largest amount of titans ...kids...and babies turned monster and retarded in the process except for a select few who keep their mind and maybe even can grow in their titan form? Annie and Eren are same age and same size after all...

Sigh this story just confuses me more and more (albeit in a guud way )

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Exciting chapter, as usual. Mikasa continues to amaze. Eren gets a beatdown from Annie again. Another titan shows up for the assist. A host of questions remains, and it seems like only more are being put forth. I hope to see a bit of info on the titans revealed, even if it's only a tidbit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter raised many, many new questions and answered very few old ones. Once I wrap my mind around the titan walled into Wall Shima I might begin to think more about the rest of the chapter. One of the great WTF cliffhangers in recent memory.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Well even with Annie's capture I don't think we'll be getting any questions answered now that she seems to have encased herself in something that definitely won't be easy to break - I'm guessing the skin hardening technique of the titans was applied here in some manner (my guess is this should probably be the first in a line of things to figure out the skin hardening human clad titans use considering that they need to figure out how to defeat that). Of course nothing else needs to be said about the cliff hanger as that was a major surprise for us all. Eren's kept his sanity this time around so yay for him in the first step towards becoming a better weapon in the fight against titans. With the added bonus of what they discovered behind the wall looks like Scouting legion will be back in business - so much things exposed to the public. Still what I do wonder is how the higher ups or at least the people behind this would make their move, we know for a fact that they're not stupid and can be very cunning.

Overall, I would say this is a straightforward chapter actually but words fail to say how much I actually liked it - definitely a great chapter (not best but it handled Annie I think nice and concisely while adding a new layer of mystery).
    Last edited by Hamy; May 12, 2012 at 05:01 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

With (at least) two titans in the wall with massive witnesses, it will be hard to hide the fact that humans are behind this. Even if she is shut in, Annie can still be used as proof that Eren is not an isolate case unless the second titan manage to steal her.
    Annie flashback is mysterious, it adds more questions than answers. And I hope Eren will be able to learn her hardening techniques so that he can defend a bit more during fights. He showed perseverance in this chapter but that won't be enough.
    Also I wonder what the current events will produce w.r.t new church believers, it is still mysterious to me what is the intention of Isayama wrt that point of the plot

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    With (at least) two titans in the wall with massive witnesses, it will be hard to hide the fact that humans are behind this. Even if she is shut in, Annie can still be used as proof that Eren is not an isolate case unless the second titan manage to steal her.
    It seems as though Irvin's plan was a stunning success. He exposed the Titan responsible for decimating the scouts, demonstrated the Eren is on humanities side and could retain control as a Titan. It remains to be seen what the powers that be think, but the case can now be made that Eren is a powerful weapon, and one that humanity must have, now that the enemy is known to have similar powers. And the fact that Annie is an MP proves Irvin's contention that the enemy came from within the city, and has infiltrated the army.

Quote Quote:
    Annie flashback is mysterious, it adds more questions than answers. And I hope Eren will be able to learn her hardening techniques so that he can defend a bit more during fights. He showed perseverance in this chapter but that won't be enough.
    Now I really want to know more about her father, he seems to be an increasingly important character. Like Eren's father, he is somehow involved with the enemy.

I am curious how Eren will train, everyone we know of with similar powers has been an enemy.

Quote Quote:
    Also I wonder what the current events will produce w.r.t new church believers, it is still mysterious to me what is the intention of Isayama wrt that point of the plot
    I am not sure how he plans on developing the religious angle either, but it does seem necessary. Religion, war, human suffering, and politics never seem very far apart.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Of course nothing else needs to be said about the cliff hanger as that was a major surprise for us all.
    When I read the final page the first thing I thought of was the Colossal Titan. The walled in titan looks very similar, and must be a similar size.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

The action scenes in this manga are really well choreographed. I can't wait to see this series animated but I hope the animators use more traditional methods and not anything too overlystyalized.

The material Annie encased her body in further shows her mastery of her titan form. What's worrying is that this will prove to be an even greater setback even if they were to attain Annie for research by some means. The flashback with Annie's father presented the man in a mysterious lighting, I would then think it safe to assume that this man is perhaps someone we've seen already. I'm guessing that he bears some noticeable relation to Eren's father.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

why did mikasa said she was responsible for the best fighter in legion not being able to fight? i probably have forgotten something...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    why did mikasa said she was responsible for the best fighter in legion not being able to fight? i probably have forgotten something...
    Mikasa was in "rage mode" against the female Titan after seeing Eren being swallowed and started to recklessly aim for the Titan's neck when both she and Rivaille were trying to rescue Eren. To save her, Rivaille was forced to kick Annie's hand in midair before she hit Mikasa.
    And that was how he got himself injured in chapter #30.

Talking about the chapter i really liked although it gave us more questions than answers. Why there is a Titan inside the wall?
    Also it was good to see in spite of being in full control(Arnin was walking atop his hand), Eren is still weaker than Annie. Points to the author for being consistent.
    Last edited by DassJennir; May 13, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have been thinking about the titan in the wall for a couple of days - and I got ... nothing preety much XD

Problem 1: You don't get a thing of that size in there without people noticing - if there are any witnesses around.
    Problem 2: Questions about titan's bodies and power and energy again: That thing was encased in darkness for presumably a long time - why can it even move still?
    Problem 3: For what reason would a sentient titan/human agree to let himself be burried alive for an indefinite amount of time?

Before moving on lets make sure we aren't tricked here: Even if there were TUNNELS and ROOMS and OPEN SPACES within the wall, made for soldier movement and maintainence, they couldn't possibly be wide enough for a titian to walk in there in human form and then power up, desu ne?? He'd have to power up in the dark. Expanding to that size WITHIN the walls should literally "explode" them outwards which they didn't, so I guess it ws indeed WALLED IN?

Initially I was thinking a big guy showing up now has to be connected to Annie, in all likelihood a rescue attempt - but actually IF that thing was walled in there it is unlikely matters are related: If this thing were about Annie, he would have been walled in during her lifetime - I don't see how that could have happened without people noticing as this is one of the inner walls close to constantly inhabited quarters?

Currently I am thinking Irvine actually got MORE successful with his plan than is good for him and anybody else for that matter - not only did he managed to get Annie and prove the infiltration theory - in the ruckus this caused, unfortunately the big guy got unearthed, too which might cause more trouble then it will provide answers:

If that thing CAN move fully it is highly doubtful anbody can do anything against it, not Eren, not the Legion, probably not even Eren and Annie together could do squat against something of that size if it is an intelligent human version like they are themselves. Furthermore, having Annie and Eren fight it out midcity, crashing the service at the church and all, will cause enough unrest already - if the general public realizes there are "titans in the walls" panic will ensue and some factions are bound to try to cash in on that instability.

Btw none of this gets us any closer to WHY was that thing walled in in the first place?

Could it be it was captured there somehow, immobilized, and then walled in as back in the day they could not kill it off? But if they couldn't kill it how could they immobilize it? Could it be some titans like the huge one maybe have some sort of hibernation phases and he was walled in during such? If he was walled in not as a prisoner but with a purpose, what was it? could it have been superstition of the predecessors of the religious bunch ("if we wall in a titan it the gods will grant the wall itself the strength of a titan" or some bull like that?) Or maybe Annie's people did wall him in decades ago as a "sleeper agent" so to speak - but HOW did they without people noticing? But what is its purpose than?

The more I ponder it, this thing must have been in there VERY long, OR, possibly, many people either do know and are conspirators, OR, many people did know but all were killed to keep the secret?

Sooo confusing ... great chapter
    Last edited by haegar; May 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast