Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 33 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 33 Discussion/Chapter 34 Predictions

Regarding Annie's flashback, I'm curious to whether Annie's father had some involvement with Eren's father in the past.

Mikasa just keeps impressing me. Isayama is truly something at making her look even more amazing these last few chapters.

Also, if a chapter leaves you with more questions than answers, then it's a pretty damn good one.
    Last edited by tonyyao82; May 14, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Mikasa was in "rage mode" against the female Titan after seeing Eren being swallowed and started to recklessly aim for the Titan's neck when both she and Rivaille were trying to rescue Eren. To save her, Rivaille was forced to kick Annie's hand in midair before she hit Mikasa.
    And that was how he got himself injured in chapter #30.
    Was he injured at the time? i remember the kicking part,but somehow i've forgotten about the injury part it seems.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post

Mikasa just keeps impressing me. Isayama is truly something at making her look even more amazing these last few chapters.
    I know that mikasa has a lot of fans, but somehow her character seems oversold to me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Was he injured at the time? i remember the kicking part,but somehow i've forgotten about the injury part it seems.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------
    Yeah, he made a painfull face after kicking Annie's hand.

About Mikasa i guess is because she is smart, determined and very powerful when fighting. It's kinda rare seeing a female lead with these characteristics in a shounen story.
    But i pretty much enjoy all cast from Shingeki no Kyojin : Arnin, Jean, Mikasa, Rivaile, Eren etc...

obs: about the Titan inside the wall somehow i get the feeling he was there even before people started to use the walled city as a last refuge.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Before moving on lets make sure we aren't tricked here: Even if there were TUNNELS and ROOMS and OPEN SPACES within the wall, made for soldier movement and maintainence, they couldn't possibly be wide enough for a titian to walk in there in human form and then power up, desu ne?? He'd have to power up in the dark. Expanding to that size WITHIN the walls should literally "explode" them outwards which they didn't, so I guess it ws indeed WALLED IN?
    I found the wall thing weird and confusing during the entire chapter. As in if "a titan in the wall" meaning a new titan appearing within the walls or literally inside the wall. Annie only made random holes while she was scaling up the wall. Even if it loosen and crumbled off afterward, the area shouldn't be so widespread and look so tidy. Some force must've been applied, which was what I thought happened on the lower right panel initially, like a punch or something. I thought the mystery titan was a backup for Annie or something, but seeing the wall depth versus Mikasa's size ratio didn't make any sense (the walls's at least a line of 8 people thick), and only then did I believe it was embedded in the wall.

Quote Quote:
    Problem 1: You don't get a thing of that size in there without people noticing - if there are any witnesses around.
    It's probably a relic of the past.

We're currently inside the last wall of defense. Earlier chapters gave me the impression that only the higher-class people reside in there. The middle panel here didn't really help either, it's like they have to make this feel like a super safe haven. So I found it a little surprising when the priest didn't over react when Annie crashed his church. In contrast, they've probably seen titans before. But back in the days when there was only one wall, and before humanity expanded out its land. I don't think it was a "rule" to have a three layers of wall system, rather it was the leftover of how the entire city was constructed before titans overwhelmed.

Quote Quote:
    Problem 2: Questions about titan's bodies and power and energy again: That thing was encased in darkness for presumably a long time - why can it even move still?
    We're not really explained what happens after prolonged lack of sunlight, but I guess we just have to assume it just renders them immobile and we should see it move in the next chapter.

- - - - - - - -

Too many variables to factor in about the mystery titan's background, but two possibilites of next chapter from a logical standpoint: it's going to rip up the place, Hulk-style, and it's not going to rip up the place. For some odd reason, I'm putting my chips on it being on the human's side. =|
    -

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to reading this chapter. Really fantastic and tons of questions are popping up. As much as I'd love to get some answers in order to satisfy my own curiosity, this keeps things exciting. Obviously, the cliffhanger here is insane.

Speaking of sanity, I'm glad Eren was able to keep his this time around during his titan transformation. I'm wondering why or how he was able to do it. Was it because he was more focused? Or was there something else about the situation that allowed him to keep his head? Is he simply learning more control? Whatever it is, it's pretty huge. It only increases his value as a weapon.

I also must say that the art is really improving, imo. I was wowed by the fight scenes, especially. The characters are so expressive, the panels feel very dynamic, full of movement and the progression of the panels is exciting. Totally loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82
    Regarding Annie's flashback, I'm curious to whether Annie's father had some involvement with Eren's father in the past.
    Even though that flashback was cryptic and mysterious, I'd say it's pretty obvious that they were both involved in some way with the enemy, if not directly with each other.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Finally got around to reading this chapter. Really fantastic and tons of questions are popping up. As much as I'd love to get some answers in order to satisfy my own curiosity, this keeps things exciting. Obviously, the cliffhanger here is insane.

Speaking of sanity, I'm glad Eren was able to keep his this time around during his titan transformation. I'm wondering why or how he was able to do it. Was it because he was more focused? Or was there something else about the situation that allowed him to keep his head? Is he simply learning more control? Whatever it is, it's pretty huge. It only increases his value as a weapon.

I also must say that the art is really improving, imo. I was wowed by the fight scenes, especially. The characters are so expressive, the panels feel very dynamic, full of movement and the progression of the panels is exciting. Totally loving it.

Even though that flashback was cryptic and mysterious, I'd say it's pretty obvious that they were both involved in some way with the enemy, if not directly with each other.
    I think it's Mikasa and that speech that she gave in the previous chapter that made him gain better control of himself.

And yes, I do think Annie and Eren's fathers were definitely involved with the enemy. It makes me wonder if her father experimented on Titans.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2