Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hisoka

1 3.70%
  • Illumi

0 0%
  • Chrollo

3 11.11%
  • Gyro

17 62.96%
  • Pariston

2 7.41%
  • Kurapika

1 3.70%
  • Other

3 11.11%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Provided there will be one of course

If, however, there will be a Big Bad, who do you think it will be? Will it be our favourite crazy clown/magician Hisoka? Killua's creepy and manipulative brother Illumi Zoldyck? The charasmatic leader of the Phantom Troupe, Chrollo Lucilfer? Perhaps the dangerous man destined to one day meet with Gon, Gyro? Could it be the loveable, yet perhaps very dangerous troll known as Pariston Hill? Or maybe even Kurapika, who's hunt for his fallen clansmen's eyes has revealed to him the ever-present evil in his world.

Or could it eventually turn out to be someone else? What do you think?

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

TvTropes ruined us, right? Dammit, I knew this would happen.

And for all purposes, I think Jairo is designed to be the big bad. All the introduction of his life, the whole secrecy and the tease Togashi left is a proper way to introduce the Big Bad.

Hisoka works best as a mentor, Kuroro works best as a final boss but not as the big bad. If you realize the speech that He made about Glory, Money and Fortune there is a strong hint they're doing all this for something else. Entirely ideological.
    Illumi is the same as Hisoka: Both are meant to fight Gon and Killua someday, but they are better as mentors.

And Pariston...Well, I think this characters was made to set in motion a lot of stuff we're just beginning to see. He was first introduced in the Chimera Arc as a dangerous man and I keep believing it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been a lot of TvTropes related posts lately xD

I agree with you about Hisoka and Illumi. I can't really see them as final bosses (maybe Hisoka, but just maybe), like you said they're most likely going to eventually be major opponents for Gon and Killua. Personally I think Gyro/Jairo is going to be the Big Bad, what with the fact that he's destined to meet with Gon one day. Pariston I think will be one of those tricky guys that'll keep changing factions for his own benefit. He could turn out to be 2nd main baddie. I really like his character, so it would be cool to see him as the Big Bad. Perhaps in the future he and Ging will face each other in battle.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

As Uriel said, I think Gyro's introduction feels like the setting for the big bad of the series.

About the other candidates...

Illumi is the final boss for Killua.

Pariston is probably the nemesis of Ging.

Hisoka and Chrollo are weird and unpredictable. I can't imagine which will be their roll in the series.

And Kurapika is still one of the good guys for me. Even if he has walked the dark path, he doesn't have any reasons to be against Gon.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Pariston, but Gyro is also a huge possibility. Especially since we haven't seen him yet.

I agree with you guys about Illumi and Hisoka. They're wishy-washy antagonists, but not necessarily big bad people. I see them both as mentor types. Though I'm really intrigued by how their aspect of the story with Gon and Killua will play out. Will we see Killua vs. Illumi? Will we see a Gon vs. Hisoka rematch? Or Killua vs. Hisoka (I want to see this)? Gon vs. Illumi? How will Alluka play into this?

Oh, the possibilities!

Chrollo is an antagonist and we'll see him again, but not as the end-all-be-all antagonist. Maybe Gyro will set up shop in Meteor City, mess around with things, and cause the GR and our protagonists to team up. Then the GR and our protagonists face off. Just speculating here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I considered the big bad would be the King. He took Neteros life. And was in the verge of waging war with the whole world.
    It was nice to see a demi-human/beast for a change out of all the arcs that revolved around human conflicts.

Talking about the future, I feel like Jairo would be the big bad psychologically. The same way Joker was in the Dark Knight. I mean, he doesnt look like a threat nen-wise or else he would have gone toe to toe with others. He just made a drug operation in NGL (correct me if Im wrong) before he died. Although i reckon it won't be the last time we will see the Ants;Hisoka; Zoaldicks; Pariston; NGL exploration group; Hanzo and some ninjas; Biscuit etc..

Although i like the concept of Biske being Gon's mom. That would mean if Ging is 32 ish years old and Biske is 50 -12 = They gotten some action when Ging was 20 and Biske was 38. Talk about cougar days.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wait!Chrollo will be Gyro's minion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chrollo kneels to no one!!

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Nen is unpredictable, but something is clear: You don't know if He didn't had before even if it was underdeveloped. And it's strongly related to will, and Gyro is the only one whose will was strong enough to not forget and keep being him.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka and Pariston are too much fun to be the big bad. They have no real ambition except to cause trouble.

Illumi is too personal. For a story like HxH where there is a lot of world building Illumi is just sorta you're neighborhood friendly assassin.
    I mean maybe Togashi could do Illumi wants Alluka's power to destroy the world...but frankly I think that would be stupid.

Chrollo is too much of Kurapika's villain to be the big bad. It would make Gon too much of a side character. I don't think that should happen.

Kurapika--I dunno. Maybe. But it sounds too much like fan fiction. Like "oh wouldn't it be cool if Kurapika was the big bad" rather than contributing to the story.

Meryem is not the big bad. Pouf is the ant villain of Chimera Ant Arc but the point of the Rose Bomb is that humans are WORSE.

That's why the big bad narrows down to...

Gyro. He represents the worst in mankind. He's also dangerous as a Chimera Ant. And he's like the antithesis to Gon.
    Gyro is the likely the closest we'll ever get to a big bad.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Just wait!Chrollo will be Gyro's minion.
    I think a more likely scenario:

Gyro takes control of Meteor City. Turns the citizens against the Spiders. Spiders die from being outnumbered.

Remember Gyro was Kingpin of NGL. He reeks charisma. Chrollo and the spiders are a rag tag group in comparison.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

I think a more likely scenario:

Gyro takes control of Meteor City. Turns the citizens against the Spiders. Spiders die from being outnumbered.

Remember Gyro was Kingpin of NGL. He reeks charisma. Chrollo and the spiders are a rag tag group in comparison.
    I was just thinking that Gyro would control the old men behind the scenes,but Welfin's group is coming and Phinks said they would kill any ant who come here,I think Chrollo's nen is restored but if it's not,GR would try to use Hina's ability,and Bizef skills could help too.

Maybe Gyro is the guy who is in Chrollo's prophecy...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be a war of Spiders vs Ants.

Ants will win with Gyro as their king.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyro plain and simple. Togashi clearly made a point that when Gon meets Gyro the entire world will change dramatically. Their meeting is the point we are heading too. I feel that Gyro will tie all the ends together. If you think about it, everything connects with Meteor City. I imagine this: Gyro is the Big Bad and will meet Gon in Meteor City.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Beyond Netero not an option?

Though actually, I don't think there'll be a Big Bad of HxH in the strictest sense; it's another shonen trope that Togashi has subverted to different degress in each arc (Greed Island being the only arc where it's played straight with Genthru). Even Meryem, on paper the Biggest Bad of the series, turned out not to be a Big Bad in the conventional sense.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Why is Beyond Netero not an option?
    Honestly when i saw that guy I remember this dude...

He way used too much of media exposure... there the same... I think...
    Spoiler show

No thats just my first impression...
    Last edited by riniloves; August 13, 2012 at 04:34 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast