Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Gaara vs. Sasuke

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Gaara vs. Sasuke... as they currently are...


    The Ultimate Defense vs. The Ultimate Eye

    --------The fight starts in a Neutral Ground, but assume that since the timeskip it doesn't take him much chakra nor time to do-----

    They are both going for the kill...

    They both know everything about each other at the time of the Kage Meeting... but not new abilities like EMS or Magnet Release Techs(Gold Dust)

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    For The Hell of It... Let's Make a Second Scenario

    --The Conditions are perfect for Kirin
    --Gaara doesn't know about the Sharigan Techs
    --But Gaara can use every Magnetic Release Tech with Iron Sand and Gold Dust in anyway he can use his normal sand... and He also has Shukaku...

    ==========================================================
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  2. #2
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Sasuke wins the first scenario and potentially loses the second one.

    Gaara has shown the ability to block Enton back when Sasuke wasn't machine-gun volleying the blasts around the battlefield, and Sasuke wasn't taking advantage of his incredible speed the last time they met either (he had to sit still as he was outnumbered and needed to protect from every angle), so their last clash doesn't mean a whole lot. Anyway, even with full on knowledge of Sasuke's capabilities and Gaara's capabilities, Gaara needs to be able to catch him. Even if we assume Gaara with his current knowledge knows Sasuke's max speed, we have to assume Sasuke knows how fast Gaara's sand can move too. Anyway, it was alot easier to give Gaara the win back when he could fly and leave Sasuke on the ground defending against sand... but Sasuke can fly now too and we have canon proof that Gaara's way of dealing with Genjutsu is... well, to NOT deal with it. And it was a visual Genjutsu too, so we know for a fact Sasuke's can work.

    Basically the fight comes down to disorienting Gaara by running circles around him only this time when he rushes in to stab with a Chidori or Chidorigatana... it's a feint for him to cast a paralyzing Genjutsu. Now, I'll concede that it's possible Gaara can still control his sand while paralyzed with Genjutsu, but if his body can't move then Sasuke is free to smash through his sand defense with a well timed Susanoo fist or Susanoo arrow to one-shot Gaara, seeing as though Gaara would be forced into a defensive "hide in my sand" stance if the paralysis took effect. Not to mention Sasuke doesn't even have to go the paralysis route and could just fool Gaara into thinking he crushed Sasuke already by showing a fake image of himself getting crushed (like he did against Deidara's C4).

    I'm gonna go ahead and assume Shukaku can't do the same thing for Gaara than Gyuuki does for Bee for the simple fact that Gaara has to be unconscious for Shukaku to take control. He has to forcefully put himself to sleep. Meaning no partnership. Sasuke would be just fighting Shukaku, not Shukaku and Gaara. Meaning if Shukaku is placed under Genjutsu and then has his head chopped off with Chidori Eisou... that's game. And let's not assume Sasuke's Genjutsu doesn't work on giants. Manda was bigger than Shukaku and it worked fine on him. Though the iron sand is the biggest problem as the metal could potentially ground Sasuke's raiton like a big lightning rod...

  3. #3
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume Shukaku can't do the same thing for Gaara than Gyuuki does for Bee for the simple fact that Gaara has to be unconscious for Shukaku to take control. He has to forcefully put himself to sleep. Meaning no partnership. Sasuke would be just fighting Shukaku, not Shukaku and Gaara. Meaning if Shukaku is placed under Genjutsu and then has his head chopped off with Chidori Eisou... that's game. And let's not assume Sasuke's Genjutsu doesn't work on giants. Manda was bigger than Shukaku and it worked fine on him. Though the iron sand is the biggest problem as the metal could potentially ground Sasuke's raiton like a big lightning rod...
    Based on the parameters set in the beginning, Gaara doesn't have Shukaku anymore.
    I will say however that there is no such thing as neutral ground with Gaara's ability to break down the minerals in the ground.

  4. #4
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    There is however a such thing as prep time. If the sand isn't already in desert/loose sand form then Gaara has to grind away at nearby sand to make it viable for his techniques. Also the surrounding sand doesn't move as fast as his gourd sand.

    And yes, in his first post he made two scenarios: one with, and one without Shukaku.

  5. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    And yes, in his first post he made two scenarios: one with, and one without Shukaku.
    Oh I missed that part. I think Gaara could win pretty easily with the iron sand not only as a conductor but as a part of his defense against Susano'o. I dunno if Sasuke's arrows are strong enough to pierce Gaara's ultimate shield, let alone one with the added fortification from iron sand. Since Sasuke uses Fire and Lightning based ninjutsu, mid level sharingan genjutsu, and incredible taijutsu speed, it would seem that he could easily take the win. But I think Gaara is not getting the credit he deserves for being as smart if not smarter than Sasuke currently. I think they would both feel out their opponent's moves, which would turn into that prep time you were talking about.

    Also, we have seen that Gaara is able to remove the user from Susano'o and to stop it's movements.

    I say Gaara takes it via lightning rods and desert funeral.

  6. #6
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Fight starts, Sasuke starts spaming MS jutsus and wins. 1 focused Amaterasu is going to burn right trough that sand like nothing. What Gaara bloked was not a normal Amaterasu, was something that Sasuke trew at him. Amaterasu forming in his face point blank range is going to burn right trough his armour and trough his face. Amaterasu was already showed to burn trough a belly of a frog that spits fire, a solid wall and fire itself.
    Second scenario would end just about the same..
    Last edited by xXan; April 11, 2012 at 01:05 AM.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #7
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Unless Sasuke is able to catch Gaara in a genjutsu or land one of his MS techniques on him before he goes into his sand barrier, Gaara holds the higher change of winning this. Gaara would ave completely control of the earth and any action upon it. Sasuke's best chances after Gaara creates his sand tsunami or sand whirlpool is to take to the air on his hawk. But even with his hawk, Sasuke will have a hard time avoiding Gaara's sand limbs. Sasuke's only option after that is to somehow draw Gaara out of is shell, perhaps with the use of Kirin or maybe even Susanoo's blade, in order to open him to attack/genjutsu.

  9. #8
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    I really don't think Gaara is going off the bat inside his sand ball. Also covering that thing in flames and focusing them is going to roast Gaara alive. There is no way in hell Sasuke can't get trough sand with his Amaterasu.
    Also whatever Gaara does Sasuke can jump on his bird and move away. Hell he could use some Raiton on the sand to punch his way trough. If all fails summon a Kirin to blast right trough any shield Gaara has(raiton > doton).

    I really have no bloody idea what Gaara can do to win.

  10. #9
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Also covering that thing in flames and focusing them is going to roast Gaara alive.
    It has never been stated that Amaterasu burns quicker when the user focuses on a target for a longer time. What has been shown however, is that although Amaterasu can burn anything, it does so relatively slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    There is no way in hell Sasuke can't get trough sand with his Amaterasu.
    Gaara has already been shown to be able to block Ametarasu with his sand. If Sasuke decides to keep on Amaterasuing away at Gaara, he can just create more sand. Who will last longer I wonder...
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Also whatever Gaara does Sasuke can jump on his bird and move away.
    And Gaara has already been shown to be adequately equipped to deal with fast flying targets - Deidara anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Hell he could use some Raiton on the sand to punch his way trough. If all fails summon a Kirin to blast right trough any shield Gaara has(raiton > doton).
    Again, never been stated that Sand is doton. In fact, there is a lot of evidence against it (someone posted a load of it a while ago if I recall). Gaara doesn't even use the hand signs for Doton to use his sand.

    That said, Sasuke would probably do better sticking to Susanoo and his regular techniques than Ametarasu against someone like Gaara.
    Infinite RAGE!

  11. #10
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    The only attack Sasuke possesses that would likely be effective against Gaara is his Genjutsu. Amaterasu, Kirin, Susanoo are not likely to particularly effective against Gaara. Amaterasu is too slow-burning to be of particular concern, Kirin requires prep time that would likely allow Gaara to take control of massive amounts of sand in order to defend himself. Gaara would likely overwhelm Susanoo by simply grinding away at it with his sand until Sasuke is unable to keep it materialised. The only way I see a victory for Sasuke is if he immediately closes the distance and traps Gaara within his Genjutsu before Gaara' s sand comes to the defence, unlikely if Gaara and Sasuke have any real distance at the start of the fight or Gaara is prepared to immediately take the defensive; something that is his natural inclination. However, if Gaara is a significant distance from Sasuke at the commencement of the battle, or manages to establish his defence, the battle significantly favours Gaara from start to end. The longer the battle, the more improbable any sort of victory for Sasuke becomes.

  12. #11
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    @zimbardo

    Quote Quote:
    It has never been stated that Amaterasu burns quicker when the user focuses on a target for a longer time. What has been shown however, is that although Amaterasu can burn anything, it does so relatively slowly.
    Actualy it has... We have clear examples of Karin's back and a toad belly + a sold wall example.
    Quote Quote:
    Gaara has already been shown to be able to block Ametarasu with his sand. If Sasuke decides to keep on Amaterasuing away at Gaara, he can just create more sand. Who will last longer I wonder...
    Not Amaterasu. ENTON Amaterasu. 1 opens in your face and is focused the other does not. For instance Gaara has no sand at his eyes and those would be burned to a crips before he can take any actions.

    Quote Quote:
    And Gaara has already been shown to be adequately equipped to deal with fast flying targets - Deidara anyone?
    That dude was trying to capture him and not fly away. Sasuke can fly away prep Kirin and shoot it down very fast. Also vs Deidara he had the sand in the desert... Bid diference.

    Quote Quote:
    Again, never been stated that Sand is doton. In fact, there is a lot of evidence against it (someone posted a load of it a while ago if I recall). Gaara doesn't even use the hand signs for Doton to use his sand.
    Doton is EARTH. Handseals or not its irrelevant. Jutsus can be done with or with no handseals. Jutsus replicate the properties of the element they are created in. Fire burns, wind blows and so on. If jutsu X has the same identical properties (chemical and so on) with water then that IS water. Also we already got Chidori making a huge hole in sand... There is no diference from real elements to made up ones.

    Quote Quote:
    That said, Sasuke would probably do better sticking to Susanoo and his regular techniques than Ametarasu against someone like Gaara.
    No. Sasuke is going to Amaterasu Gaara's face off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The only attack Sasuke possesses that would likely be effective against Gaara is his Genjutsu. Amaterasu, Kirin, Susanoo are not likely to particularly effective against Gaara. Amaterasu is too slow-burning to be of particular concern, Kirin requires prep time that would likely allow Gaara to take control of massive amounts of sand in order to defend himself. Gaara would likely overwhelm Susanoo by simply grinding away at it with his sand until Sasuke is unable to keep it materialised. The only way I see a victory for Sasuke is if he immediately closes the distance and traps Gaara within his Genjutsu before Gaara' s sand comes to the defence, unlikely if Gaara and Sasuke have any real distance at the start of the fight or Gaara is prepared to immediately take the defensive; something that is his natural inclination. However, if Gaara is a significant distance from Sasuke at the commencement of the battle, or manages to establish his defence, the battle significantly favours Gaara from start to end. The longer the battle, the more improbable any sort of victory for Sasuke becomes.
    Amaterasu burns slow? NO. It burned close to instantly trough the belly of a frog that spits fire and trough solid wall. That is FOCUSED Amaterasu. It also burns trough fire itself. The databook even states it burns with the heat of the sun.
    The sun has 6,000°C on the surfece and 15,000,000° C in its core. So asuming its somewhere between this 2 points... Anyway Gaara melts.
    Now considering the non-focused one obviously does not have that heat the databook was probably refering to the focused one that was able to burn something design to survive fire close to instantly and then trough solid wall. There is NO slow.

    Kirin blew off a mountain completly. I really don't care what shield Gaara puts up as it is going to be obliterated. Also Gaara has no time to put his shields up (move sand) before Kirin strikes. Do you have any idea how fast a lighting bolt moves? If not google it but it moves way faster then you can blink.
    Last edited by xXan; April 11, 2012 at 06:52 AM.

  13. #12
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Gaara showed to be able to deal with Amaterasu, and his sand resisting both Raikage's attack and Sasuke's enton proves that he can deal with any kind of Chidori attacks.
    Further, he is a sensor thanks to his sand, so he would be able to track Sasuke's movements without looking into his eyes, thus preventing Tsukuyomi also.

    Susano'o would be a bitch to deal with, and I don't know if Gaara, with only his sand, could prevent the arrows to hit him.
    Then again, Gaara is one of the few characters in the Narutoverse that has chances to deal with Susano'o, so that is a big advantage.

    Ironically, I believe that Gaara has more chances in scenario 1 than in scenario 2, since Kirin is a beastly jutsu, and Sasuke being able to drop it whenever he wants is too much of an advantage, since he would be able to exploit any weakness from Gaara.
    And I doubt that even the sand of Shukaku can deal with speed close to the speed of light itself.

    Basically, I give Gaara the win 6 times out of ten in scenario 1, and 1 or 2 times in scenario 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Doton is EARTH. Handseals or not its irrelevant. Jutsus can be done with or with no handseals. Jutsus replicate the properties of the element they are created in. Fire burns, wind blows and so on. If jutsu X has the same identical properties (chemical and so on) with water then that IS water. Also we already got Chidori making a huge hole in sand... There is no diference from real elements to made up ones. .
    How come then Gaara blocked A's legdrop?
    We saw that basically Raiton Armour >= Chidori, so his sand resisting A and Sasuke's enton and then collapsing to chidori would make no sense whatsoever

  14. #13
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    @Uchiha_Blood

    Quote Quote:
    How come then Gaara blocked A's legdrop?
    We saw that basically Raiton Armour >= Chidori, so his sand resisting A and Sasuke's enton and then collapsing to chidori would make no sense whatsoever
    I belive i used the words "made a hole" and that i can back it up with this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/113/16

    Also Chidori WAS able to pierce the raiton armour, not much but it was. The armour does not do automatic damage if you put you hand on it. The leg drop was mostly a blunt damage. Sasuke using his Chidori spear or anything like that is not going to make the sand "collapse" its going to make a hole trough it. The shield is for protection and reaction times/speed. Stoping Raikage would mean stoping something of Raikage's weight. There is no indication he used any piercing attacks there.

    Quote Quote:
    Gaara showed to be able to deal with Amaterasu
    Never happened. I sugest you people start reading the manga more carefuly. As i said 2-3 times in this topic alone, Gaara showed to be able to deal with a enton Amaterasu that was moved his way from a distance. The real Amaterasu that forms in your face and burns that hot (post above) is going to instantly incinerate Gaara's eyes and go right trough that armour of his to burn his face off. Gaara can't even put his sad up before his face is gone.

    PS. Kirin can be set up somewhat fast. It does not take that long. Sasuke using his Susano as a flametrower would set that up fast enough to turn Gaara into a crater.
    Last edited by xXan; April 11, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

  15. #14
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Quote Quote:
    The sun has 6,000°C on the surfece and 15,000,000° C in its core. So asuming its somewhere between this 2 points... Anyway Gaara melts.
    Do you believe that bullshit in the Databook ?
    Might as well believe that Sandaime is the strongest Hokage since it was mentioned in the databook too...

    Quote Quote:
    Never happened. I sugest you people start reading the manga more carefuly. As i said 2-3 times in this topic alone, Gaara showed to be able to deal with a enton Amaterasu that was moved his way from a distance. The real Amaterasu that forms in your face and burns that hot (post above) is going to instantly incinerate Gaara's eyes and go right trough that armour of his to burn his face off. Gaara can't even put his sad up before his face is gone.
    lol what ?
    Do you know what the Blaze release is ? (aka Enton)
    It is the ability to manipulate and shape the black flames of Amaterasu... There's no such a thing as Enton Amaterasu and Real Amaterasu...
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 11, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #15
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara vs. Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Uchiha_Blood

    I belive i used the words "made a hole" and that i can back it up with this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/113/16

    Also Chidori WAS able to pierce the raiton armour, not much but it was. The armour does not do automatic damage if you put you hand on it. The leg drop was mostly a blunt damage. Sasuke using his Chidori spear or anything like that is not going to make the sand "collapse" its going to make a hole trough it. The shield is for protection and reaction times/speed. Stoping Raikage would mean stoping something of Raikage's weight. There is no indication he used any piercing attacks there.
    That was back in part 1, and that Gaara was at his weakest.
    Against Kimimaro he had a major power up, in part 2 he had another major power up, in the War arc he got an ultra power up.
    Raikage having not the best piercing abilities means nothing if the shield can withstand an attack way more powerful than Chidori in destructive force and an enton justu on top of that, we saw back against Kimimaro in part 1 that Gaara can mix minerals in his sand to increase the density and the hardness of the sand.

    Back in part 1, Gaara withstood a piercing attack from a CS2 Kimimaro, which was leagues above the same Sasuke that pierced the sand.

    And no, we saw with the Liger Bomb, with Raikage piercing Juugo from part to part that Raikage's nintaijutsu is ultra-powered no matter what he does.

    And Raiton Armour almost blocked passively Sasuke's Chidori, meaning that the strongest, most focused attack from Sasuke was barely enough to pierce something the Raikage has always on.
    Its not like Raikage focused his chakra onto the part Sasuke hit, mostly because A was plenty arrogant not to believe Sasuke could've pierced his guard.


    Quote Quote:
    Never happened. I sugest you people start reading the manga more carefuly. As i said 2-3 times in this topic alone, Gaara showed to be able to deal with a enton Amaterasu that was moved his way from a distance. The real Amaterasu that forms in your face and burns that hot (post above) is going to instantly incinerate Gaara's eyes and go right trough that armour of his to burn his face off. Gaara can't even put his sad up before his face is gone.

    PS. Kirin can be set up somewhat fast. It does not take that long. Sasuke using his Susano as a flametrower would set that up fast enough to turn Gaara into a crater.
    Say Gaara uses the sand thingy he used to defend against Chidori back in part 1 and Deidara back in part 2, the ball thing.
    Since Amaterasu can't burn trough Gaara's sand as showed in the manga, and that Gaara not only can see thanks to the third eye, but also control sand remotely, how can Amaterasu get past it?
    Focused or not, we saw Gaara's sand barely affected by Amaterasu's flames ( Enton uses Amaterasu's flames ) so yeah, here you have Gaara's answer to Amaterasu.

    As for Kirin, OP says that EMS is not included, so no spammable Amaterasu, so no instant Kirin.
    Kirin needs a lot of time to set up, and say Gaara puts sand on top of Amaterasu's flames, preventing the heat from reaching the atmosphere. Sasuke would need to sacrifice a good chunk of his chakra only with the set-up, he would waste another good chunk with Amaterasu and Susano'o. In the meantime, he would need to survive because if Gaara takes him away from Susano'o like he did against Madara and crushes him with his sand, its game-over.

    Not only that, but Gaara can send sand underground, so him catching Sasuke off-guard can be possible, if done stealthly like he did against Kimimaro.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts