Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

7 4.70%
  • Good

41 27.52%
  • Average

57 38.26%
  • Bad

44 29.53%
Thread Closed
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 583 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 583 Discussion / 584 Predictions - Golden Week incoming : no chapter next week.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    That's only for Shisui's MS jutsu. Danzou probably wouldn't need few hours to use the Sharingan again.
    the illusion danzo used on mifune was,in fact,koto amatsukami . danzo required hours despite having hashirama's cells: this is of course suitable to itachi's statement in volume 58.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 583 Discussion / 584 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    My impressions with this chap:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ .... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ .....
    Sorry to quote myself but i forget to add my prediction for next chap:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz....

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 583 Discussion / 584 Predictions - Golden Week incoming : no chapter next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
    The answer to that is easy.

Root was created 350 chapters after Naruto.

Kishi was never interested in Naruto's past anyways. All we know is that Naruto relates with people who never had friends and says it's thanks to Iruka he didn't turn like Gaara, yet he admitted he should have studied at the academy instead of playing with his friends (during the Rasengan training) so he had friends, and that Iruka was the one who picked the most on him until Sarutobi told him to take it easy on Naruto during chapter 1 (hence when Naruto was 12 already)
    it may be the answer,but kishi can change what's going on in the story,so inside the manga there is other explanations. keep in mind what happened in volume 59,minato and the other turned out to be minato's guards,although I doubt he'd already decided that long ago.
    danzo probably didn't know about naruto being minato's son,but even if he did,hiruzen was really protecting him,and we already know that the councillors(homura and koharu) wanted to prevent he could risk. I mean,danzo and the others agreed with hiruzen who wanted to mantain the secret,for the leafs sake,of course

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a nice twist if this flashback re-strengthened Kabuto's resolve that he does indeed have a purpose and identity and then he proceeds to stomp the Uchiha bros

Still hard to see Kishi going:

"Oh, Kabuto knows about this mysterious thing...and this mysterious thing, oh and also that mysterious thing"

then

"Kabuto has THIS power...and THIS power, that power...oh btw he has Sage Mode...but he dies 3 chapters later"

I think we'd all be like ooook. So he's like Aizen? Aizen was hyped up beyond belief for several arcs only to be defeated by the biggest ass-pull in Bleach history. Don't hype Kabuto up so much (about what big revelations he knows about and how sick his powers are only to kill him a few chapters later).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If anything, this would show how good Kabuto was at assimilating with villages. He probably earned their trust by healing the injured shinobi since no enemy would ever help out their enemy. Kabuto is a medic nin, he wouldn't need to meet with enemies, just heal his allies in a safe place. It doesn't look like he was an actual shinobi but more like a nurse. Apparently, Iwa noticed only because Kabuto made a mistake. I think Kishi was hinting at how smart Kabuto was and how tricky he was, being able to mix with others.

Just because a foreigner is detected doesn't mean the village would arrest the person or have him executed. If Kabuto broke through the barrier and was detected, I'm sure he'd have to talk to the village officials or police about why he came into the village. Depending on how Kabuto went through the detection barrier, I'm sure the village barrier detection guards would react appropriately. If he walked in normally, they wouldn't see him as an enemy, just potential. If he ran in or jumped, they'd probably see him as an enemy.
    Kabuto's mother fooled the second best shinobi in Iwa for five years. You think that would have ever hapoened to Jiraiya, Minato, Gai, Danzo or Kakashi? All of these othet villages are underdeveloped jokes. On one hand you've got Akatsuki members faking death and usind mind control to get intel and here you have Konoha doing the same thing with altered hair styles, different names and smiles.
    Last edited by zerocooldx; April 19, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Kabuto's mother fooled the second best shinobi in Iwa for five years. You think that would have ever hapoened to Jiraiya, Minato, Gai, Danzo or Kakashi? All of these othet villages are underdeveloped jokes. On one hand you've got Akatsuki members faking death and usind mind control to get intel and here you have Konoha doing the same thing with altered hair styles, different names and smiles.
    Why wouldn't Jiraiya, Minato, Gai, Danzo or Kakashi fall for it? Because you like them?

Don't forget that Kabuto infiltrated Konoha as well. So now Hiruzen is a joke? That must mean Gai and Kakashi are jokes as well. It's not even clear that Jiraiya knew before the Konoha invasion. There's nothing to say Minato would find out unless he has some psychic ability we're unaware of.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

we haven't seen kabuto anywhere near the top brass of other villages either. he seemed to be mostly among the foot soldiers,not the generals.

however i do think that 'how do they gather info actually in narutoverse' is a good point. this also occurred to me that the way we're now seeing information being gathered in flashbacks is not quite in line with how we've seen it in present time occurrences...like how sasuke and taka gathered info about B in cloud village or jiraya did in rain village.

but i guess on both those occasions the other villages pretty quickly caught upto the enemy activity. i guess what lower caliber ninjas like kabuto did was to take info without the infiltrated village ever finding about them. that's why danzo would use some one like kabuto instead of oro or other powerful ninjas at his disposal to gather info in a time consuming fashion, instead of the wham-bam-genjutsu style.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

i think this chapter needs to be considered in making timelines. the flashback clearly happens after uchiha massacre,since danzo had the eye patch...i guess that kabuto younger than itachi.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    we haven't seen kabuto anywhere near the top brass of other villages either. he seemed to be mostly among the foot soldiers,not the generals.

however i do think that 'how do they gather info actually in narutoverse' is a good point. this also occurred to me that the way we're now seeing information being gathered in flashbacks is not quite in line with how we've seen it in present time occurrences...like how sasuke and taka gathered info about B in cloud village or jiraya did in rain village.

but i guess on both those occasions the other villages pretty quickly caught upto the enemy activity. i guess what lower caliber ninjas like kabuto did was to take info without the infiltrated village ever finding about them. that's why danzo would use some one like kabuto instead of oro or other powerful ninjas at his disposal to gather info in a time consuming fashion, instead of the wham-bam-genjutsu style.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

i think this chapter needs to be considered in making timelines. the flashback clearly happens after uchiha massacre,since danzo had the eye patch...i guess that kabuto younger than itachi.
    I think Kabuto has maybe 8ish years on Naruto, which puts his birth around the time of the kyuubi attack. But this also adds some timeline to when Oro left the village for good. We saw he worked for Danzou and I'm pretty sure that was when he was still part of the village. Though we could be wrong completely here and Danzou may have had the eye patch before getting the sharingan. But judging by that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Minato died before the massacre (massacre happened when Naruto was 5 or 6). Orochimaru certainly wasn't still with the village considering he left because Oro appointed Minato hokage.

See the plot hole here? Its either Danzou had the eye patch for a long time, or Kishi screwed up. I'm going with the former, Danzou also looks much much younger as well.

Edit: just noticed my stupid mistake. :x
    Last edited by llamapie; April 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What I don't understand is how Kabuto could have taken the Chuunin test 7 times without raising suspicion when he was an accomplished spy before he even hit his teen years.
    Yeah this does kind of stretch the bounds of credibility. I can accept that Kabuto was sneakily taken into Root and since he was out on missions for the Foundation all the time no-one in the village (except the orphanage) could know who he was. But for him to enter the Chunin exam 7 times and no one to ever raise an eyebrow over him? So a kid show up out of nowhere that no-one has ever seen before, becomes a genin, and enters the Chunin exam 7 times and ... profit? Oh well - this is probably one of the smaller 'problems' in Kishi's plot so I'm not going to sweat it, but clearly Kabuto's backstory is being seriously ret-conned by Kishi at this point and we're just supposed to shrug and ignore everything that happened before the timeskip except for the VotE.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot on. That's one of the biggest flaws of this manga: there's no balance between the hero's village and the other ones. Konoha was born from the alliance between the two strongest ninjas in the world, directly descending from the two sons of a God. The most powerful shinobi we've seen so far (Hashirama, Madara, Minato, Hiruzen, Itachi, Sasuke, Naruto) are ALL from the Leaf. All the doujutsus (even byakugan, lol) gathered there. Even the tailed beasts were said to be all under the first hokage's control, and came to spread all over the world just thanks to his kindness.

IMO it's pretty clear that Kishimoto started to develop the whole plot without even thinking about outer villages. Then, suddenly, from the Shippuuden saga the rest of the world was born. With grotesque results, like Pain that wtf-pwned a whole village out of the blue, and therefore Naruto that wtf-pwned Pain like it was a chuunin exam. Or the resurrection of mythical monsters, like the 3rd Raikage a.k.a. Robocop or the Kin-Gin brothers, sad kids grown up on chakra meat and legendary weapons, instead of ramen and milk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thought was that this happened before the massacre (no arm seals to conceal his Izanagi-fodder sharingan), but after he had already stolen Shisui's eye. I figured this because it seems like Danzou and Nonou were recently acquainted- she probably embedded Shisui's eye for him. So basically during this time at Konoha, Itachi is skulking around being suspicious while he's planning his double-cross on the Uchiha (presumably with Tobi).

What this really makes me wonder is exactly when else and for how long Oro was paling around with Danzou and Root... wasn't he in Akatsuki at this point? Guy always did have his hands in many sinister soups.

Also, a thought just occurred- that other guy is Aburame Shikuro or whoever Tobi mentioned must be Torune's father. I'd like to know more about that guy if Tobi praised him.
    Last edited by badluckartist; April 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    Danzo was a jerk for using his eye on Kabuto's mom
    Danzo wouldn't have had Kotoamatsukami at that point in time, so he couldn't have used it on her. It was just good old fashion blackmail.

The only interesting part of the flashback was the fact that we now know Orochimaru's and Danzo's connection to one another, Root. But its pretty funny to see how incompetent Kishi has made all of the other villages. You couldn't walk into Konoha without setting off the alarm, not even Nagato could get past without activating it. And even if you did get past it, like Itachi and Kisame did, you wouldn't get far before being uncovered by the village shinobi. Yet here is a kid in Kabuto who not only is being a spy but acting as an official village shinobi and still being able to go through four villages in five years without even getting caught. Its like no one noticed until Iwa, and even then it was too late and the guy walked out without a scratch. Like come on.
    It was more like Nagato didn't give a damn about setting it off, since he was a god and all. And Itachi and Kisame were able to overtly walk round and drink tea dressed in their Akatsuki robes before they were even detected by Kakashi. That actually seems more incompetent. It's one thing to fail at suspect someone dressed as one of them, it's a whole other thing to fail at suspecting someone dressed so differently. I would point out that Kumo apparently had no problem getting into the village, grabbing Kushina, and taking her while also hiding their trail so that only the likes of Minato could follow them.

Also, don't forget that despite them knowing Orochimaru was gonna attack, Konoha still ended up devastated by a force of 200 and were unable to do anything against any of the Paths even though they had them outnumbered a dozen to one. And how no one in the village seem to have notice the dozen of people, including sixty children, being kidnapped and experimented on by Orochimaru right under their noses. So Konoha hasn't exactly been shown all that competent either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    It was already explained why Itachi, and by association, Kisame could enter the village. Orochimaru might still have been a part of root, which would explain his entry. Plus it was during the Chunin exams. So really that doesn't need more explanation.
    That does bring up another issue though, as despite the number of missingnins Konoha had, they didn't bother to take measures to ensure they couldn't sneak back into the village or give said knowledge to others.

Danzo had the eye patch before the massacre though. He had it even before making his deal with Hanzou and dealing with Yahiko and gang.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; April 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member know all's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can we get such a lame chapter right before Golden week? There is nothing to discus for an entire two weeks. That sucks.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Oro entered disguised as the 3rd Kazekage and everyone bought it. He, like, Itachi probably knew the work arounds to sneak in as well. I don't see the issue either.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

So yet again we see Danzou had a direct influence on creating Konoha's worst enemies and subsequently the ninja world's. Even Itachi falls under this, even if he was actually looking out for konoha.
    That's why I amended by saying it was the chunin exams. We all know who's skin Orochimaru was wearing during the final matches. So yeah, there shouldn't be an issue with Orochimaru's entry into the village. However, I was referring to this

Spoiler: That Old Fox show

It implies that Orochimaru had help in. With him being involved with root, a member even, it makes sense.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; April 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^Thanks for reminding the Kage's meeting part. It's even worse (again lol) than expected from Danzou. Actually it shouldn't surprise me since he was willing to let Konoha in ashes by preveting Naruto to come against Pain. This is not about the village anymore despite what he kept saying. I guess he realized he was starting to get too old for seat and that damn Hiruzen is still not dead, so he had to act quickly.

Thread Closed
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast