Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 3.23%
  • 2 (Average)

2 2.15%
  • 3 (Good)

25 26.88%
  • 4 (Great!)

43 46.24%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 19.35%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 2.15%
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 664 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week due to Golden Week ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    I see the whole Hyouzou debacle hasn't dulled your hopes of getting another swordsman for the crew

Anyway, I don't really see Kinemon as a strawhat...even though his swordmanship does have the extra dimensions of an added(probably cool) df and the two sword style.....for one because he has a limiting responsibilitys son. I doubt he would go through all this just to leave him and go pirate...he also doesn't really bring any new dimension to the crew...we have swordsmen in Zoro and Brooke, we have an incurable lech in Sanji, we have df users...I also doubt he has a dream that only piracy can help him achieve....I feel his only purpose here is to open the doors of foreigner-hating Wano to the Strawhats in some distant future
    lol.....no it hasnt. the reason is because if you see the original design for the strawhats, oda intended to have 3 swordsman in the crew from the beginning. i think there is something up with his son. i think it is not a person, i think that we will find out that his son has long since died and he cant except that and has suppressed that memory.

why do you say he doesnt bring anything to the crew? We dont know enough about him, but as far as this arc goes, he is definitely the numbeer 1 option. i also think he will go to wano with them, and this arc will be kinda like the alabasta arc, where it spands over a couple arc.

definitely think kinemon of the foxfire will be the next nakama. CC knows who he is, so either kinemon has a bounty or he is a renown samurai, which leads me to believe he is strong enough. Oda cant wait to long to have the next nakama join

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week due to Golden Week ~

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    lol.....no it hasnt. the reason is because if you see the original design for the strawhats, oda intended to have 3 swordsman in the crew from the beginning. i think there is something up with his son. i think it is not a person, i think that we will find out that his son has long since died and he cant except that and has suppressed that memory.
    If this turns out to be true then I may join the Kinemon for next bandwagon since it would be a suitable past tragedy to fit in with the rest...its a bit of a long shot though but then Oda is always surprising us

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    why do you say he doesnt bring anything to the crew? We dont know enough about him, but as far as this arc goes, he is definitely the numbeer 1 option.
    I will concede the lack of knowledge at this point.for now. and i agree about the number one option thing...way better than harpie girl in my opinion...I guess we just wait and see.

Something curious about the chapter though is G5's jurisdiction...Why is it so close to the redline what about the new Mariejoia? Struck me as odd. Also am curious to know who will be sent for backup once smoker's guys report the situation...Am hoping Sentoumaru because I want a pure Haki vs haki clash with luffy to settle some questions still lingering about COA clashes. If not maybe Coby serving under an experience VA from headquarters...but this would muddy an already murky pool of potential clashes btn Smoker, Luffy, Law and CC

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

On an entirely separate note here is a link to a tentative translation of one piece blue deep. It has new supernovae bounties(Kid 400,000,000 Drake 380,000,000 Killer 280,000,000 etc), info on the new world, haki, roger pirate, a whole bunch of characters etc...don't really know where to post this just thought it may be a good read for canon fans
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; April 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    How would it make any sense for Caesar trying to enter an isolated country full of samurais, just to find a little boy, Monosuke, who's supposed to be at Punk Hazard and in his captivity not the way around?

Also I don't see Oda stretch the time for their big fight over this arc, when we still got no one besides CC, Law[+crew?] and the two Marines to present a good conclusive fight for PH.
    I think they stole momonosuke when he and his father were out of the island,and somehow they managed to kidnapp him. about this arc's characters...you are right,we need more characters,maybe we will have law's crew involved,and if smoker's men are going to ask reinforcements,we may see some other vice-admirals or an admiral!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. I don't really want/think that Kinemon will join the SH (isn't it slightly too early into the NW to get more nakama?) but for whatever reason, i can't shake the thought that Momonosuke may join. Idk. we haven't even met the kid yet and I already think he has potential to join. fail.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    you must be forgetting what happened in FIshman Island when hyozu used his poison on luffy: he survived and chopper stated:" your blood has got resistance to poison"
    here's the link http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/610/4
    That all still depends on the strenght and amount of the poison. Being soaked in poison and getting pricked by some poison are different things. It wouldnt make sense plot wise to make Luffy immune to all poisons. Amount and exposure time are probably going to be the main issues that determine how Luffy handles poisons.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    That all still depends on the strenght and amount of the poison. Being soaked in poison and getting pricked by some poison are different things. It wouldnt make sense plot wise to make Luffy immune to all poisons. Amount and exposure time are probably going to be the main issues that determine how Luffy handles poisons.
    hyozu's poison was said to be very strong,and able to kill quickly.yet,rufy's blood stomped it. I think it's an excellent plot twist making him able to counter every poison,a further step to become the strongest of the world . but I liked the theory of CC's poisons being stronger because of chemical works.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

well this new guy is perfect for join cause hes ability. and hes a swordsman who use 2 sword. oda need 3 swordsman in the crew. i mean brook use 1, this guy use 2 and zoro use 3, make perfect sense. plus see how he can put new close to the crew. they need him for the new world. cause in some island they need it for the temperature or they need to act as spy or something. i think hes not going to find hes kid in this island and hes dream will be. that he will find hes kid.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    hyozu's poison was said to be very strong,and able to kill quickly.yet,rufy's blood stomped it. I think it's an excellent plot twist making him able to counter every poison,a further step to become the strongest of the world . but I liked the theory of CC's poisons being stronger because of chemical works.
    Its not a plot twist it would be unnecessary plot armor. And like i said i think the resistance is going to come down to the strength and amount of a poison that Luffy faces.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question... What if instead of creating poisonous gases, CC can instead form an air vacuum (or something along those lines)? How would the crew deal with him then?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zephyr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Here's a question... What if instead of creating poisonous gases, CC can instead form an air vacuum (or something along those lines)? How would the crew deal with him then?
    I don't think it, because it'll be related to Dragon once his DF (that I suppose will be Wind Wind Logia Fruit) will be exposed... I think that CC's fruit is related to Gas Status and Molecular Interraction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas) along with maybe poison gas, refrigerated gas, or some other specific type of gas... you know, as one of the three state of matter Gas gives Oda a very huge range of fantasy....

Aim To The Top, No Matter How.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay let's stop talking about who'll join the crew in this thread . Use The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...-2nd edition for that . ...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week due to Golden Week ~

btw,even if CC's poison affected luffy,he still can se haki to hit a rogia user.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week due to Golden Week ~

I wonder if Smoker and Tashigi as well as the strawhats who got their personalities switched can access the basic skill set of the bodies they are in...Can Tashigi smoke up? can Smoker use Haki at vice-admiral level in Tashigi's body...can Nami beam up in Franky's body, can Chopper access the superior fighting strength of Sanji's body, can Franky access Chopper's forms, can Sanji uhhh...uhhh? never mind.
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They probably can in theory but don't know how to do it

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but why did hawkins fail in a such a way??? he said that brownbeard had to die,yet he is still alive. "the magician" can't fail!

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast