Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 3.23%
  • 2 (Average)

2 2.15%
  • 3 (Good)

25 26.88%
  • 4 (Great!)

43 46.24%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 19.35%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 2.15%
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 664 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Post OP 664: impressions

Awesome chapter like last week.
    • G5 marines not caring about the kidnappings, being only concerned with Tashigis body switch.
    • Buttomed up Tashigi, not wearing a BH. :P
    • It seems Punk Hazard and the surrounding sea is really in the range of action of G5
    • A close legged "Smoker" and scary "Tashigi" XD
    • Will Smoker come out as the saviour again, like at Alabasta?
    • Is Joker the one talking to Doflamingo at Mary Joa
    • Don't like how Vegapunk is pictured as the bad guy, we still know nearly nothing about him. Creating the Pacifistas will have lead to less human casualties.
    • Can't believe Nami is letting Sanji smoke cigarettes, but he might go crazy without in that kind of situation.
    • I wonder if Ceasars horns are part of his uniform. His looks remind me of a japanese ghost or demon.

mattiaildivino
    They most likely smoke to be able to concentrate and think, not because it's a fun thing to do. Just ask somebody who does.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 18, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 664 Discussion / 665 Prediction

episode 664 spread foreshadowing. strawhats smoking a large cigar with smoke all over the place. if you get what i mean.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

beck26
    Why not write it out than? The Strawhats forming an alliance with Smoker to win against Clown/Law is a realistic vision, especially when half of the Mugiwaras are hugely handicaped. Or it's just time for Ussop to shine, as we weren't presented many villain characters capable to fight them with Brownbeard down and the sheep guys easily taken down by Sanji and Co some chapters ago.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

For me A Zoro vs Law fight might happen

luffy takes on cc
    Zoro takes law

and loved how Zoro was thinking i've already eaten the dragon

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the SH will make an alliance with Smoker I don't know, but surely, Sanji will love it if Smoker still be in Tashigui's body.
    Now, been more serious, I do think that in the next arc or even in this we will meet Vegapunk. Will gather more information about him more than any other time.
    Also, I want to know if Trafalgar leaved the island or is just coming to the SH.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

no dudes...not the alliance thing...im talking about "smoker becoming a strawhat"....in fishman arc, the crew was featured in a spread that got hints of "shark"...which turned out to be jinbe.

now strawhats featured smoking with smokes coming out of their bodies. just sayin.

like when luffy was holding out an "ace of spade" cards and "death" card on the other hand, while looking up the sky and with his mouth wide open = ace's death.
    or when ussop and luffy riding a reindeer in a winter....turned out to be that it would be their closest friend chopper.

and i dont want to imply something but remember the spread when the crew are portrayed as samurais?...look closely in the "O" in one piece, who it looks like?

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC. but im talking about the 664 spread.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, again the Smoker will join the crew? Every chapter that Smoker shows up you'll say that he'll be a SH?

If there is a standard for next nakama, I would say that first the character must have loosed someone very important, like Robin, Zoro, Nami. Secondly, you must have a dream, a clearly objective that you will only achieve if you join the SH. Smoker doesn’t fit in this standards (at least for me).

He's cool as a marine and if some marine would have to join the crew it would be probably Coby, who has a dream and all that stuff.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OP 664: impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Awesome chapter like last week.
    • G5 marines not caring about the kidnappings, being only concerned with Tashigis body switch.
    • Buttomed up Tashigi, not wearing a BH. :P
    • It seems Punk Hazard and the surrounding sea is really in the range of action of G5
    • A close legged "Smoker" and scary "Tashigi" XD
    • Will Smoker come out as the saviour again, like at Alabasta?
    • Is Joker the one talking to Doflamingo at Mary Joa
    • Don't like how Vegapunk is pictured as the bad guy, we still know nearly nothing about him. Creating the Pacifistas will have lead to less human casualties.
    • Can't believe Nami is letting Sanji smoke cigarettes, but he might go crazy without in that kind of situation.
    • I wonder if Ceasars horns are part of his uniform. His looks remind me of a japanese ghost or demon.

mattiaildivino
    They most likely smoke to be able to concentrate and think, not because it's a fun thing to do. Just ask somebody who does.
    Actually,someone who smokes has to keep smoking because his body requires it,but that's not the case if the body is switched. I mean,if you (a smoker) are in my body,you don't have to smoke anymore,since the body in which you are does not require nicotine,whereas I (who don't smoke) in your body would be nervous without nicotine.
    I'm not accusing you of smoking,of course

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

beck26
    There is no smoke coming out of their bodies, Brook excluded for obvious reasons, only from cigars and weapons, their outfits are as in the past based on gangster/mafia members.

Odachi not changing his mind on how a "real samurai"[chap 70] looks or being inspired by his own work is nothing new or suprising.^^ He used the theme for the 310 and 526 spreads too. They also posed as vikings[446], in an underwater world[471], Oda has shown a red/green dragon[449/578].

mattiaildivino
    Everyone in my near family does/did, so I'm sure to know that much. Still it can easily become a habit, with their mind remembering the effects and it's not like the effect will change that hugely. Nevertheless I'm against smoking too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Oh boy, again the Smoker will join the crew? Every chapter that Smoker shows up you'll say that he'll be a SH?

If there is a standard for next nakama, I would say that first the character must have loosed someone very important, like Robin, Zoro, Nami. Secondly, you must have a dream, a clearly objective that you will only achieve if you join the SH. Smoker doesn’t fit in this standards (at least for me).

He's cool as a marine and if some marine would have to join the crew it would be probably Coby, who has a dream and all that stuff.
    this is off-topic so this is the only time ill reply to you regarding this:

1. coby rivals luffy's dream...you saying coby is more likely to be a strawhat is more farfetched than akainu being a good guy. coby will never go out of the marines. its his dream as you said.

2. not every strawhat got their dreams and past revealed right away. and if you want a hint, tashigi's dream requires sailing around the world. while smoker got a little past where he admired roger.

"Every chapter that Smoker shows up you'll say that he'll be a SH?" ----- its better than saying every new character (especially if its a chick) is said to be strawhat material. at least i stand by my theory.

like mone...why the hell would she be a strawhat??? coz she's hot? please.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

There is no smoke coming out of their bodies, Brook excluded for obvious reasons, only from cigars and weapons, their outfits are as in the past based on gangster/mafia members.

Odachi not changing his mind on how a "real samurai"[chap 70] looks or being inspired by his own work is nothing new or suprising.^^ He used the theme for the 310 and 526 spreads too. They also posed as vikings[446], in an underwater world[471], Oda has shown a red/green dragon[449/578].
    well, guys...please, im just theorizing (um, like all of us) i could be wrong ( as ive said many times)...i would be fine if smoker really would not be a strawhat...whatsthe big deal? oda knows best, im just guessing...i would be fine if the next nakama is a samurai, a shandian or a viking. or even if theres no more nakamas. i just theorize coz one piece is mind boggling and fun.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. A lot of history of the island and CC, although Law's involvement still poses some questions. Still not certain how the battle lines are going to be drawn and where everyone will stand. Although I hold out hope that there won't be a serious battle between Law and Luffy at this point. Law switched the hearts of the Strawhats, and the only way I see those returning to their original owners is if Law decides to do so. At the moment the only clear villain of the arc is CC.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Good chapter. A lot of history of the island and CC, although Law's involvement still poses some questions. Still not certain how the battle lines are going to be drawn and where everyone will stand. Although I hold out hope that there won't be a serious battle between Law and Luffy at this point. Law switched the hearts of the Strawhats, and the only way I see those returning to their original owners is if Law decides to do so. At the moment the only clear villain of the arc is CC.
    i agree. but i doubt law will team up with luffy in this arc. its either law will ask luffy for help at the end of this arc or luffy will discover why law did this alliance with CC himself.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

beck26

mattiaildivino
    Everyone in my near family does/did, so I'm sure to know that much. Still it can easily become a habit, with their mind remembering the effects and it's not like the effect will change that hugely. Nevertheless I'm against smoking too.
    but,physically speaking,neither sanji nor smoker should have nicotine dependence anymore,since they aren't in a body affected by that any longer. a habit?it may be,but in a different body they may not like it (you can imagine rufy who wants to eat meat in a body which has got a food intolerance).
    Also,I was disappointed that nami allowed him to damage her body. he should rather hide nami's fingers in a way I'd be banned if I told you how
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; April 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner levelup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the biggest question now is who is behind Ceasar Clown. Corrupt government official? Yonko? I was sad when I didn't see the ladies on the color page. But nice humor from Oda as always.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

this is off-topic so this is the only time ill reply to you regarding this:

1. coby rivals luffy's dream...you saying coby is more likely to be a strawhat is more farfetched than akainu being a good guy. coby will never go out of the marines. its his dream as you said.

2. not every strawhat got their dreams and past revealed right away. and if you want a hint, tashigi's dream requires sailing around the world. while smoker got a little past where he admired roger.

"Every chapter that Smoker shows up you'll say that he'll be a SH?" ----- its better than saying every new character (especially if its a chick) is said to be strawhat material. at least i stand by my theory.

like mone...why the hell would she be a strawhat??? coz she's hot? please.

Quote Quote:
    Am I missing something, but where is said in the manga what is Tashigi’s dream or that Smoker admired Roger?
    She stated it herself back in Logue Town that her dream was to go around and collect all the named swords..
    Last edited by Uriel; April 18, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast