Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

39 45.35%
  • Good

34 39.53%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

1 1.16%
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 489 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions

Bleach finally getting back on track... So the enemies are quincy so whom does Ishida dad siding with I hope the bad guys ^^... Still this arc is getting interesting don't know how strong the enemies are and how can Kubo explain how can the quincy power up etc..

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Seriously, even if Kirge is Captain-class and other 3-4 Quincies are around Captain Class, I don't think they will be equal or stronger than SS Aizen even combined and Ichi is way beyond such a level, so I don't see how they can logically give him a run for his money...
    Still it's great that Quincies have some strong guys who can oppose Ichigo and Captains. That will really make them interesting oponents for the upcoming big Arc.
    I really want to see Stern Ritter. It would be interesting to learn at least a bit about them in the upcoming chapters. At least their appearence and their number. Hope they will be strong, but not as strong as to take Ichi in one on one.

P.S. To all the germans... I thibk it was explained before... of course Kubo might be wrong again in languages, but I think it was mentioned in earlier translation in the same mangareader, that Iacto Arme derives from latin and not Deutsch. Thus Jagdarmee might also derive from Latin. As German Empire at some point after the downfall of the great Roman Empire performed the role of the succesor of its political role in Medieval Europe, thus in modern Deutsch there are plenty of latin words and also words that derive from latin or have latin origin.
    Why are people under the impression Ichigo is around Dangai Ichigo level? We even saw time reversing on Ichigo shortly before he lost his powers. It makes most sense for Ichigo to be around the level he was when he fought Gin, maybe a little stronger because of his Fullbring but he might have lost his hollow powers. In case you didn't notice, Ivan, some fodder arrancar, tanked a bankai GT from Ichigo without sustaining fatal injuries. If Ichigo was far beyond base Aizen an attack like that would have obliterated Ivan even if Ichigo was holding back.

What confuses me further is why people believe the captains are now on a different level. Shunsui said it would take hitsugaya, the most talented captain, another 100 years to reach his level. A year and a half is nothing to shinigami, it would make little sense for any of them to be far stronger compared to pre TS.
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; April 18, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The old man failed to kill somebody????!! he must of not used his Bankai then or that King was simply too powerful

Good chapter though
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fallen.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was very interesting, it might possibly be that the leader of the vandenreich is a shinigami with the abilities of a quincy. As you saw before Ivan was granted the powers although he was an arrancar. He was most likely exiled earlier due to his collaboration with quincies post-exile during the war. But anyway I love the way mayuri plainly told the captain commander how it was his fault and you could see how angry he was staring back while in the shadows.
    "The second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."
    Vizards

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

HaouLelouch
    I explained my point in the previous chapter's discution. When Ichi fought against Ginjou he showed that with just a swing of his Bankai he can destroy a dimention that can't be destroyed by 5 Captain-calss Shinigami, so of course he is somewhere around his Dangai level (even though I don't agree with such a name, cause the only thing Ichi did in Dangai was to master his Bankai and merge his Shinigami and Hollow sides of his power. After getting his powers back he still had the same merging of his powers and mastered Bankai, but he also added Fullbring to it, hence he even powered beyond the level he was before using Final Getsuga Tenshou).

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    HaouLelouch
    I explained my point in the previous chapter's discution. When Ichi fought against Ginjou he showed that with just a swing of his Bankai he can destroy a dimention that can't be destroyed by 5 Captain-calss Shinigami, so of course he is somewhere around his Dangai level (even though I don't agree with such a name, cause the only thing Ichi did in Dangai was to master his Bankai and merge his Shinigami and Hollow sides of his power. After getting his powers back he still had the same merging of his powers and mastered Bankai, but he also added Fullbring to it, hence he even powered beyond the level he was before using Final Getsuga Tenshou).
    Lol since when were you under the impression that the captains even tried to destroy that little dimension thing? The captains were more than comfortable enough to leave Ginjo to Ichigo, evident by the fact they left before the fight even ended.

Also Ichigo is not a transcendental by the simple fact that Ginjo could sense his reiatsu. Unless you want to make some sort of argument that Ginjo is beyond monster Aizen's level. In which case why didn't their fight completely obliterate their surroundings like in the Dangai Ichigo vs Hogyoku Aizen fight?
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; April 18, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, I really enjoyed it.

I guess these guys actually stating they are quincy is a bit redundant at this point lol. I am mildly disappointed that we have yet to see what their bows look like, we have seen nothing outside of what that arrancar guy used. Interestingly, it seems like most of the bows these guys use work in a similar way to zampakuto as they do not seem to be originally bows but rather weapons or something. I mean, oppie seems to have a sword that transforms into a bow right? Perhaps the quincy crosses are kinda like newby weapons and more experienced fighters get a more personalized one. To me it was always a little disturbing that hypothetically quincys would fight in the generic way ishida would have led us to believe. Perhaps having a personalized bow is a new development of sorts and allows for individual abilities to show up among generic arrow shooting.

Another point is that the guy ichigo is fighting does necessarily have captain level nor ranks among the strong dudes in vander reich. The first thing to note is that it would seem like the espada equivalents of vender reich are the star knights (which sounds like the name of a transgendered boy band but w/e). For another, having captain rank in a different organization does not necessarily mean much.

On another note, where are urahara, chad and inoue? It seems like they should be doing more. Perhaps they are hiding in case someone needs surprising.

Another point which is mildly confusing for me is why exactly would urahara take ichigo to hm now and why he would fail to convince ishida to go. Urahara is a smart guy, both of this must be carefully calculated plots IMO. He is after all smart enough to convince ishida if he needs to, at least IMO, and he is most likely perfectly aware of the nature of the war so him not calculating that taking ichigo and co could trigger it all is somewhat strange. To me it seems like he had ulterior motives to go to HM and take ichigo there. Perhaps he actually intended to start the war however a more elaborate plot would not be unrealistic. What if he intended to recruit arrancar himself? Harribel is alive and there is strong indication that grimmjow was left alive in HM back in the day so perhaps he intended to enlist them against the quincy.

Another interesting point is that mayuri would have taken it upon himself to fix the balance of souls. It seems those 28000 lives actually fixed the balance for now. Normally it would seem like that is a horrible thing to do however if the alternative was to have the universe get destroyed they basically saved a few billion lives in turn.

Something I have been thinking though is just how true the whole dimensional spilling is. Why would vander reich trigger the apocalypse? I don't see how there is a benefit in that. Perhaps it would only affect SS and HM but not the human world? There is something off with this.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

HaouLelouch

Ok. I would actually say that manga stated through Rukia, that not even so many Catain-class Shinigami could destroy the dimention and Yukio was also surprised, when Ichi managed to destroy it, while you don't even try to bring any evidence.
    Of course they went after seeing Ichigo's resolve to fight Ginjou, because they were ordered to fight not only Ginjou, but also Ichi if he teamed up with Ginjou. Still, basically I don't by the posibility of those Captains being any threat to Ginjou as none of them individually couldn't take Tsukishima without being injured, while Ginjou after getting Ichi's Fullbring that was merged with his small part of Shinigami powers got seriously stronger, than he was before and also gained Ichigo's abilities like Getsuga...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You conveniently ignored Rukia's comment about 'there must be some other reason'(which was revealed in the same chapter to be in order to ascertain Ichigo's decision), rather than the captains being unable to destroy yukio's dimension.

It's pretty clear neither Ginjo or Ichigo were fighting anywhere near transcendental level. Unless they were both holding back immensely I really don't see those two being on the level of power you suggest.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter managed to build up some excitement for the upcoming chapters. Mayuri continues his cold efficient awesomeness. Honestly, I expected the events in Hueco Mundo to drag on for a while, but it seems like the war is about to begin rather spontaneously. And now we learn that Yama has some history with the leader of Vandenreich, should make the conflict between them a bit more interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fallen.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look back at the chapters ichigo was clearly holding back. Ginjou wasn't really a good opponent to fair against. Ichigo just wanted to end it himself.
    "The second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."
    Vizards

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

kirge will keep ichigo busy,they say. jeez,I hope he will crush him as soon as possible,even if he needs urohara and the others' help as well.at least they will have to do it to save SS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member llmcduff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Chapter was good but again the translationmistake with "Iacto Arme".
    It's "Jagdarmee" because it's german.
    I like how fast the pace is moving. It's really interessting. I love this arc.
    I echo your sentiment about the pace and arc. Very refreshing. I hadn't feel like this about Bleach for a long time. I really hope Kubo keeps this up.
    Me hungry!!! Or is it, Me Grimlock? I don't remember.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Food For Trolls:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/489/4

No WAY! I can't believe that no one has even so much as tried to put on A SANDAL in the Districts after 59. Bullshit Kubo. I can't even believe Soul Society keeps records of that information. This has just shocked my world. I think I am going to read it again. WE SHOULD ALL READ IT AGAIN

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sadffffff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that king looks a lot like zangetsu to me. just sayin'

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast