Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

39 45.35%
  • Good

34 39.53%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

1 1.16%
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 489 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions

Nice chapter and it's funny to saw captain Mayuri speak like that to the captain commander. It's seem Kirge Opie maybe strong because the king say he will keep Ichigo busy a little while.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

10/10 chapter for me, the pace is perfect, art was good as usual, Kubo is doing a good job.
    But one question : How the hell the boss of Vanderreich isn't dead ? A Quincy is a human, so he's supposed to have the same lifespan as them right ? They're not Shinigamis or anything like that, so living for 1000 years... That's a bit too much for a human, unless he's something else now.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Right, Momo, it just came to me.
    Actually, I kinda like it. Her hair clip makes her cuter

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was really great!
    So finally the fighting began and now Van der REich will fight against SS and Ichi will fight against those Quincies who seems to be quite strong. Of course they might stall him for some time, but I hope Ichi won't use Bankai as it would be at least strange to see him using Bankai from get-go, especially after all his evolutions.
    We should also keep in mind that Urahara is also there and Nel. And these guys can at least fight one on one against these Fullbringers. Even though I hope Ichi will kick these Fullbringers' asses by himself

It would be also interesting to learn more about the history of Quincies and how Ichi is related to them. Maybe through his Mom, thus they know about him.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    10/10 chapter for me, the pace is perfect, art was good as usual, Kubo is doing a good job.
    But one question : How the hell the boss of Vanderreich isn't dead ? A Quincy is a human, so he's supposed to have the same lifespan as them right ? They're not Shinigamis or anything like that, so living for 1000 years... That's a bit too much for a human, unless he's something else now.
    Was it ever stated that he is actually a quincy?As far as I remember,only his subordinates are quincy so far.He could be someone entirely else.Or he's pretending to be a quincy,while in fact being a shinigami.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome! I've been wondering for weeks what happened to those citizens,it was mayuri. new revelations,especially about yamamoto! so yamamoto could kill him 1000 years ago,right?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it,this kinda reminds me of Naruto,where the third Hokage had the opportunity to kill Orochimaru in the past,but failed to do so because it was his student.Years later Orochimaru invaded Konoha and killed Sarutobi.Yamamoto better brace himself.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the 'Stern Ritter' are the new Espadas, I hope they're strong in their own right and won't have to rely on sealing/stealing bankai. Although seeing how the Führer is invading when Ichigo is not there suggest their main strategy will be bankai stealing/sealing. I would forward to see some strong quincies fight, their abilities were always quite interesting.

Bleach is getting really good.
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; April 18, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what a great chapter, i am glad to see the vice captains and the first appearance of rukia in a while

somehow i feel the 12th divisions captain probably took joy in killing those people to balance the souls lol, either way this leader of the vandenreich appears to be a total badass, i cannot wait until next weeks chapter to see them invade SS

should be epic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter ended much to soon. I am incredibly glad that we are getting ready to see some serious action in the upcoming chapters. It's cool seeing the Lieutenants again sans Momo and it's good to see that everybody seems to be doing well. Nobody seems to have changed that much in terms of appearance though.

Kirge vs Ichigo should be cool, I'm hoping that Kirge is around Captain-class so he could give Ichigo a run for his money. The Vandereich leader seems to have faith in him, then again he could probably still expect him to be beaten eventually. And it seems that not all quincy have arrows and ranged weapons, as Kirge formed a sword with his Quincy Cross. Although I can't say that it won't shoot something in the near future.

I am extremely happy that the Vandereich are not waiting 5 days to attack the SS, this should be some good action! And it seems like the new group of elite baddies are called the Star Knights. I'm hoping they will be just as badass as the Espada were. As for Yamamoto, how dare he try and chastise Mayuri when Mayuri was doing his best to keep order. He may be a lunatic, but he is a lunatic that does his job right!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The pace of this chapter is great, it begins slowly, as the doubt that Kira voiced, then its a gradual escalation that has its climax in the last 3-4 pages:

Quincy's are about to invade SS now that Ichigo is elsewhere, while Mayuri makes some big reveals:
    his squad killed the ones Kira was skeptic about to preserve the balance of the souls, and Yama wasn't able to kill the king of those Quincies.

Still it makes sense that Ichigo is viewed as a special case, since Vandereich seems pretty prepared to fight normal Shinigami, while Ichigo is nothing like a normal Shinigami, having Fullbring ( and/or Hollow ) powers.
    Seems to me that SS will be invaded, and rogue Shinigamis will either refuge on Karakura or stay within it, as rebels.
    Sorta like Ichigo & co back in the days.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter was good but again the translationmistake with "Iacto Arme".
    It's "Jagdarmee" because it's german.
    I like how fast the pace is moving. It's really interessting. I love this arc.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As a german myself, I thing that it should not be Iacto Arme, but Jagdarmee (meaning hunting army).

Well, Kubo already messed up the arrancars spanish...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Maybe he is "dead" and just a soul. We don't know what happens to a human that has spiritual power and dies, do we? Its one of the grey areas in this series. I would think they would keep their power after death.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, even if Kirge is Captain-class and other 3-4 Quincies are around Captain Class, I don't think they will be equal or stronger than SS Aizen even combined and Ichi is way beyond such a level, so I don't see how they can logically give him a run for his money...
    Still it's great that Quincies have some strong guys who can oppose Ichigo and Captains. That will really make them interesting oponents for the upcoming big Arc.
    I really want to see Stern Ritter. It would be interesting to learn at least a bit about them in the upcoming chapters. At least their appearence and their number. Hope they will be strong, but not as strong as to take Ichi in one on one.

P.S. To all the germans... I thibk it was explained before... of course Kubo might be wrong again in languages, but I think it was mentioned in earlier translation in the same mangareader, that Iacto Arme derives from latin and not Deutsch. Thus Jagdarmee might also derive from Latin. As German Empire at some point after the downfall of the great Roman Empire performed the role of the succesor of its political role in Medieval Europe, thus in modern Deutsch there are plenty of latin words and also words that derive from latin or have latin origin.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; April 18, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast