Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

39 45.35%
  • Good

34 39.53%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

1 1.16%
New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 489 Discussion

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions ~No WSJ and Bleach Next Week~

We have a new and interesting thread in Bleach Playground : Panel of the Week - Bleach 489 Edition.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this may not make sense to anyone but Mayuri accusing Yama that he didn't kill some one when he had the chance, i know it then showed a panel of Buckbeard, but what if it wasn't Buckbeard he failed to kill but was Isshin for trying the Dangai method of getting power, but instead of controlling it he ran out of time and ended up in the human world without any recollection he was a shinigami, and the people that helped him was banished from SS ie Urahaha, Cat(forget her name )

Only a theory of course

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I know this may not make sense to anyone but Mayuri accusing Yama that he didn't kill some one when he had the chance, i know it then showed a panel of Buckbeard, but what if it wasn't Buckbeard he failed to kill but was Isshin for trying the Dangai method of getting power, but instead of controlling it he ran out of time and ended up in the human world without any recollection he was a shinigami, and the people that helped him was banished from SS ie Urahaha, Cat(forget her name )

Only a theory of course
    I am not discarding your theory, but considering the current circumstances, Isshin is not a threat to SS. He helped them defeat Aizen. Vandenreich declaration of war is what threatens SS and Mayuri must be talking about the leader.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post

Only a theory of course
    Yoruichi is the cat's name. She doesn't appear enough unfortunately but thats the problem with such a huge cast.

Kinda annoyed that we had such a good chapter but now there is a break. But it gives time for authors to take a break and get back into the flow of things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

why the leader looks much like zangetsu?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Well the Nazi undertones are here to stay based on what we are seeing in the designs and the way these characters are being portrayed. It should be okay though because besides the attire I don't think Kubo will have many more parallels dealing with WWII and all that goes with it. I hope Kubo doesn't lend any Fascist designs and parallels to these characters but makes something completely fresh.

Also no need to be insensitive some things in history are not to be taken lightly.
    that's your point,not mine. Actually,if kubo used those references(as is he) you couldn't but accept it. history has to be known,but can't slow you down. "don't take lightly",c'mon we can't be forced to act so forever,there have been a lot of other massacres,is just that there's an intense (and meaningless) moralism behind the WWII

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

This Quincy King is a rival to Yamamoto, I imagine. Looking forward to seeing their reunion.

p.s., i thought it was kind of humorous to see, Mayuri getting bold with the General Commander. He was trying really hard, to to press the old man's button with his words.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    This Quincy King is a rival to Yamamoto, I imagine. Looking forward to seeing their reunion.

p.s., i thought it was kind of humorous to see, Mayuri getting bold with the General Commander. He was trying really hard, to to press the old man's button with his words.
    he is smart,he already knows what would happen. what I wonder is whether he was there 1000 years ago (when sasakibe,kyoraku and ukitake were children) or whether he read about that fight somewhere

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, being Maiury, maybe he was there during the war, but his experiments made him keep his young face.
    He was in jail, but i believe there was at least a few years of freedom before the reason to put him in jail.

It's not certain, but maybe he was there with CC.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Well, being Maiury, maybe he was there during the war, but his experiments made him keep his young face.
    He was in jail, but i believe there was at least a few years of freedom before the reason to put him in jail.

well wasnt mayuri just one of those ppl SS deemed 'POTENTIALLY' dangerous....i'm not sure he had anything to do with SS in the war or beforehand....in terms of why he knows so much well, being head of the Reaserch Department and having had the co-sign of Urahara himself to aknowledge his intelligence and know-how, means just like Urahara and Aizen, he would simply be one of those ppl who would KNOW things before anyone else does, this also means he has mostly all prior documentation on SS's past too, so i'm not sure it means he was there per say....

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member unusualangel's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

could it be possible that Buckbeard have a son and is the strongest of the Vandenreich? Buckbeard to be the final enemy was introduced to early in this "supposed to last for several years" final arc. Considering the way he looks. He's like between 40 and 45. Also I think it makes sense for Ichigo and or Uryu and the rest to fight a final enemy within their age range. you know, instead of fighting someone who's living for more than a 100 years now.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post

yeah he was in jail and we don't know what kind of crimes he had commited. he was surely older than urahara,but yet,being older than kyoraku is hard.maybe he made himself younger?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unusualangel View Post
    could it be possible that Buckbeard have a son and is the strongest of the Vandenreich? Buckbeard to be the final enemy was introduced to early in this "supposed to last for several years" final arc. Considering the way he looks. He's like between 40 and 45. Also I think it makes sense for Ichigo and or Uryu and the rest to fight a final enemy within their age range. you know, instead of fighting someone who's living for more than a 100 years now.
    Well i also believe that this dude who indeed kinda resembles Zangetsu won't be the final "enemy" of this arc. I put the quotes 'cause if we were to take into account that the Quincy are doing this 'cause of happened between them and the Shinigami then they have all the rights to start a war with SS.

What interests me the most is what role or better said which side will Ishida take in this war ? He's also a Quincy that's why it should be interesting seeing his choice in the matter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I am not discarding your theory, but considering the current circumstances, Isshin is not a threat to SS. He helped them defeat Aizen. Vandenreich declaration of war is what threatens SS and Mayuri must be talking about the leader.
    I never said it was an intelligent theory

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Thing that strikes me is if the VR's aren't the final enemy, then who, could be that ishida's have actually kept contact with VanderReich the entire time giving them the data on everything. I'm not 100% sure when isshin met ryuken back in the Arrancar arc(i think) they defiantly weren't friendly towards each other but then again Ichigo and Uryu have the same kinda thing so i could be clutching straws

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Well the Nazi undertones are here to stay based on what we are seeing in the designs and the way these characters are being portrayed. It should be okay though because besides the attire I don't think Kubo will have many more parallels dealing with WWII and all that goes with it. I hope Kubo doesn't lend any Fascist designs and parallels to these characters but makes something completely fresh.

Also no need to be insensitive some things in history are not to be taken lightly.
    I can already see a few more parallels besides the uniforms, such as their blitzkrieg on Hueco Mundo, or the rather harsh treatment of hollows that has been shown so far. These slight allusions don't really bother me so far, I just hope Kubo handles this tastefully when it comes to the more serious stuff, which doesn't seem too likely.

New Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast