Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
How would you like Hunter x Hunter? How do you think it will play out? What are your hopes? Your worst fear?
I'd like to see it end in anti-climax. Story wise, I expect it the involve the outside and I hope they actually touch on the afterlife once they get to the real world tree. I would love to see that all my favourite characters that died souls went to the afterlife or something along those lines. I wouldn't put it past Togashi, YYH focused heavily on the afterlife. I'd like to see it as a major theme of Hunter x Hunter is the meaning of life and death.
Gon winning for real and showing who is the boss, at least once, at whatever.
Leorio being a doctor OR showing of his nen skills.
Kurapika as a mafia leader (maybe the entire mafia boss).
Killua beating Illumi in an all out combat.
Alluka's last mistery (the origin of her powers) dead with her.
Kaito. Anything about him.
The Zodiac showing what they are made off, and why they were Netero's partners.
Ryloldan dead by whatever.
Zushi in the Olympian Battle.
Pick 2 and be happy, cause the rest is gonna be anti-climatic and unexpected like always.
Oooo. I pick, Leorio being a Doctor, and Gon winning for real and showing who is boss. That and at least seeing Chrollo vs Hisoka, and I don't even care what else happens to Hunter X Hunter. I just want these things.
Gon defeats Gyro.
^ correction to my previous answer. Series can end AFTER Gon meets Gyro. That's all I want.
"Gyro did not meet Gon that day..." has become a personal meme amongst my friends, insert *blank* did not meet gon that day. Its such an intriguing line to me, it left me wondering what it will be like. I'd love to see what/if Togashi has anything big planned for Gyro or not. That awesome line needs pay off.
Aside from that Gyro is IMO the best final villain for Gon.
I know everyone wants Gon vs Hisoka. But I actually much rather see Hisoka vs Killua and Gon vs Illumi. Though I think Hisoka and Illumi
should end up killing each other. Anywho neither to me is really final villain material.
Chrollo or the rest of the Spiders are Kurapika's villain. I don't want Gon being on the side line for the final fight.
Gensuru was already beaten by Gon so it wouldn't be too interesting. Though it would be cool to see him fight again.
Meryem was just too strong. If Gon defeated him..it would just be silly.
Pariston is just a troll. I see him being like Q from one of the Star Trek series. (My older sister was a fan). Q was some super power shape shifter
who COULD just kill everyone but he had more fun being a complete douche. I think that is what Pariston is.
Gyro is the best and not just for process of elimination but because well for one thing his whole mission in life is to spread evil.
But also because of Gyro's past. He lived with his father but his father didn't give a crap about him. This is rather similar to how
Ging abandoned Gon. And you could have a parallel between Gon dying and Ging not visiting and Gyro's father not caring
if Gyro lived or died. Gyro's father used Gyro to his advantage and Gon seems like a way for Ging to entertain himself.
Both have rather selfish fathers. However the difference is how Gon and Gyro react. Gyro killed his father and sought
to spread evil. Gon was ecstatic to see the father who abandoned him and while Gon can hardly be said to be a moralist
I don't think he's anywhere close to being Gyro evil. Then there's also how Gyro kept to himself to avoid being a bother
while Gon is pretty much just makes himself known.
That line is so simple yet so powerful, it insinuates that Gon and Gyro meeting would be a colossal event and it also means that one day in the future, they DO meet.
Gyro also makes sense in the general theme of friendship and caring for one another. He became what he is because he realized that no body loved him. It is kind of similar to the way Killua felt he had no friends and such. To me, it also seems like this is what Killua would have turned into if he had not met Gon.
Yea, I want me some Gyro. That is one of the more memorable NGL chapters to me. I actually don't care if we see a final face off with Hisoka vs Gon, or Spiders vs Kurapika, so long as these characters have some kind of interesting resolution. I forgot who said it but honestly I don't need Kurapika or Chrollo to kill each other to feel satisfied with that arc or storyline. I moreso just want to see Kurapika find a reason to live BEYOND revenge and actually come to terms with that. I'd also like to just see more Spiders because I find them infinitely interesting as characters and would just love to understand their group better more then see a final battle with them. As far as confrontations I do want? I'd like to see Ging in combat, Leorio risking his life for something (be it to save someone's life medically, or in battle), and Hisoka vs one of his pets. I want to see Hisoka fight either Gon, Killua or Chrollo. Preferably Chrollo I guess cause it seems like the most built up after all this time, he passed up going to NGL because of this! Or rather he ignored NGL for this reason, I want pay off in some way (either they fight or become friends or something)
Does anyone else want more Mito? I'm not sure what she could contribute to the end of the series, but maybe someone else can think of something.
I just wrote a massive post and accidentally closed my browser... So I lost it all. Since I'm annoyed now, I will summarise what I'd like to see in some dot points.
- Gon and Gyro Confrontation. This encounter should be world changing. I believe that the only person in the entire world that can heal Gyro's pain is Gon. They both have similar upbringings but with one key difference. Ging had the sense to leave, knowing he was not fit to be a father. Gyro's father however, didn't leave and instead used, abused and ruined Gyro. Many times it's been said that Gon has a monster inside of him, that is true, but Gon has only once ever allowed his inner demons to take over (Pitou Curbstomp), Gyro however has embraced his inner demons and now that he is an Ant, has thrown away all of his humanity. I think that this encounter will be world changing. I don't see this being a battle, I see this being a conversation between two people who never had the chance to have a real father.
- Killua works things out with his Family. I don't want Killua to kill any of them, he loves them and they love him. I like to think that they will one day understand and respect Killua's decision to live life on his own terms.
- Afterlife in HxH Explained. I am very intrigued by how the afterlife works in Hunter x Hunter, with the introduction of souls, I am sure we will get this explained before the series end.
- Hisoka UNexplained. Not every should be explained, Hisoka is one of those things. If his back story or history is explained, It would ruin his mystique. He is a character that should just disappear (like the Magician he is) never revealing any of his secrets. That is the way it should be.
- Kurapika's Rage Fades Away. One of the very first things Kurapika says in the series is that the only thing in the world that he fears is that his rage might fade away. I believe that the truth about the Kurta massacre will come to light and he will realise that the were just as wrong as the Spiders were. I feel Kurapika will devote his life to helping Melody find Satan's Rhapsody and help her reverse her curse. I'd like to see it reversed before the series end as well.
- Outside Unexplored. I am probably alone in this, but I really wouldn't care if the outside was left a mystery by the time the series ends. I'd like Ging to realise that he will never see everything, but he will still continue to try anyways. I just don't think we have explored enough of the storyline possibilities of the current known world and the Outside should remain a mystery for the most part.
Just an idea, probably not great.