Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Long Distance Tier Debate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long Distance Tier Debate

Quote Originally Posted by there76 View Post
    Not necessarily, the great great grandfather is implied to have been stronger when he was younger.

I think he's STILL strong.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I think he's STILL strong.
    True, I am just saying he is not in his prime form.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay I'll rapid fire a few, lemme know how you think one of these fights might turn out:

Bodoro vs Gozu (spear hunter examinee hisoka killed)

Flutter vs Ikalgo

Bloster vs Franklin

Machi vs Biscuit

Shizuku vs Cheetu

Colt (koruto) vs Gorain (Goreinu)

More: Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts

Knife wielding Assassin (Indoor fish fodder from Yorknew) vs Tsezguerra
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Bodoro vs Gozu (spear hunter examinee hisoka killed)
    In close quarters combat. I think I would go with Bodoro, but I think Gozu could fend him off at a distance with his spear. So my pick would be Gozu

Quote Quote:
    Flutter vs Ikalgo
    I think Ikalgo would win.

Quote Quote:
    Bloster vs Franklin
    Franklin.

Quote Quote:
    Machi vs Biscuit
    Biscuit.

Quote Quote:
    Shizuku vs Cheetu
    I believe Cheetu takes this easily due to his insane speed.

Quote Quote:
    Colt (koruto) vs Gorain (Goreinu)
    Note sure on this one, but I'll go with Colt.

Quote Quote:
    More: Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts
    Killua alone would fodderize the Shadow Beasts. Godspeed son.

Quote Quote:
    Knife wielding Assassin (Indoor fish fodder from Yorknew) vs Tsezguerra
    Battle of the fodder? ummm. I think I'm going to pick Tsezguerra. Knife guy had almost no screen time lol.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heheh, basically the right answers to me too. Godspeed would probably destroy MOST human average level nen users. But I wonder whether or not he could kill ALL the shadow beasts himself. IDK, they are still somewhat of a mystery. But In the end i'd at the very least give it to Gon and Killua's team.

I was thinking Machi might stand a chance against biscuit only because her threads seem like they'd be effective from a distance. Set up trip wires, try to choke her. Though Biscuit is freaking experienced as hell! She'd probably win at least at close range with great ease. Still It came to my mind and I was thinking I'd be neat to see Machi just in general in a real fight for her life, show off what sort of crazy traps the threads could set up. So far we've mostly only seen the Phantom troupe vs fodder characters.

In hindsight, Bloster would probably be trashed by a more experienced Emission user with essentially the same ability. The non Royal Guard Chimera ants just don't seem that tough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Gido, Rielhlvelt and Sadaso

vs

The Amori Brothers...all armed with submachine guns.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Brothers always fight together and are good at tracking, but the 3 gimps are also determined sneaky guys themselves. Hmmm quite the match up! Still I think the gimps would come out on top because lol Nen. There ability to sense the Amori brothers and endure their attacks is probably to their advantage. Not only that they could use the Amori brothers inability to see Nen to their advantage. Gido is probably the most impressive of the 3 to me, though Reihlvelt's electric whips seem kinda scary to me too. Even Gon didn't want to approach them. I think if the Amori brothers just knew how to master Ten and Ren, they could probably make this a much more interesting match up.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Bodoro vs Gozu
    I think Gozu. He looks a bit younger and stronger than Bodoro.

Flutter vs Ikalgo
    Ikarugo. Flutter is only good at surveillance.

Bloster vs Franklin
    Franklin. Because Franklin seems to also have some amount of brains besides brawl, while Bloster not. And I'm pretty sure, Franklin is faster and a lot more experienced, so dodging is an option.

Machi vs Biscuit
    Ah, what an intersting one. I'd love to see this one. If Biscuit can land a punch, Machi is probably finished. But Machi is probably faster and her nen threads, while not exactly combat-oriented weapon, can very well shred her opponent's body if not carefully avoided... But I'll go with Biscuit as experience is on her side as well as the element of surprise when she switches to her true form.

Shizuku vs Cheetu
    It'll be tough for Shizuku... Cheetu is superior in speed, clearly, but stupid, sucks at tactics and plays instead of fighting, while Shizuku, even if she's a ditz most of the time, demonstrated she can think and knows how to fight. So Shizuku in the end.

Colt vs Gorain
    Goreinu. Colt seems weak, to be honest, and Goreinu, while clearly nowhere near the beast tier, has an effective ability that can even work against opponents a lot stronger than him (although probably they fall for his trick only once...), and it allows him to outclass weak opponents.

Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts
    Although we saw the abilities of only half of Injuu, I think they're more likely to win. They weren't guardian dogs for mafia bosses for nothing, it's just Genei Ryodan even without Kuroro are slightly more than majority of even well-trained nen-users can handle...

Knife wielding Assassin vs Tsezguerra
    Tsezuguerra. That assassin was able to see Kuroro's strike, sure, but seeing is not the same as possessing necessary reactions to do something about it. It does seem that the assassin didn't give Kuroro even the slightest of trouble, Danchou simply pinned him to the wall like a butterfly and let out his nen fish to finish the boring business for him. Well, sure, Kuroro is a beast who far far outclasses that nameless assassin (and Tsezuguerra), but still, it shows that the guy was nothing special. Tsezuguerra is a one star hunter (this has to count for something), cautious and rational, while he's not among the strongest, I'm sure he's not among the weakest either. He didn't fight Gensuru, but it's likely because Gensuru had a tricky ability.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, thanks for guessing for all the fights I suggested.

When Long distance was mentioned I just had it in my head to propose Machi vs someone out of her league. I have this feeling her ability would be really advantageous to setting traps, I know greater distance weakens the strength of the thread. But imagine she hides using zetsu Gon style and lays a bunch of threads near herself to spring on a victim hunting her. I'd still give this to Biscuit since with her experience she might be able to sense even Machi's threads and get the first hit. And like you said if Biscuit gets a hit in her true form I think its lights out for really anyone weaker then say Uvogin or Phinx.

With Killua and the gang vs the Shadow beasts, should we assume Godspeed could allow killua the first strike against even the likes of Hisoka now? I am really curious to see Killua and Gon in battle against higher level Nen using Humans who just aren't as durable as the Ants. Still, we could believe the Shadowbeasts bodies are really tough too like Killua perhaps? In terms of overall skill, I don't think thats impossible since they were meant to represent top of the line bodyguards. Uvogin was just that much tougher then them, and even then he almost died!

Okay here are a few others:
    I like the idea of group battles, both groups could come up with strategies and roles for their group (observation, front lines and back up or offense and defense)
    Nobunaga Machi and Uvo against Morel, Knuckle and Shoot

Pokkle and Kastro vs Basho and Tochino (Neon's mafia bodyguards)

Porcupine Wolf and Owl (Shadowbeasts) vs Bat Owl (ants) and Welfin

Yupi Palm and Squala vs Pitou Shalnark and Melody (assuming both parties formed a well functioning team)

Gon and Killua vs Knucle and Shoot (for real this time post NGL arc (no macho gon obviously and shoot is in top mental condition))

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    I'll close this thread, but for a reason. You'll see the why soon, don't worry.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4