Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko 184 Discution Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 184 Discution Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fcToho View Post
    Well what I like about Toriko is, that it just provides this cheerful and light-fooded (is that a pun? >_>) atmosphere. I just feel good when I'm reading it. It isn't that complex and everything (at least it doesn't FEEL that way), but I'm happy reading it.

The only unnecessary character till now is Rin. The manga lacks women eh? Nah, so for the better: It is a manga for MEN.

For this chapter: Really good, I liked all the chapter in the food honour temple. But I hope Toriko doesn't become too strong too fast. That little flying knife was a little devastating.
    So are you saying that all mangas that are directed at men have to have only men? I dont think so.
    Toriko is popular amoung women (I´d say even more popular than amoung men), BECAUSE there are so many men in the manga.

I dont understand why everyone is still complaining about Rin. You act like as if she was in the manga way too often unnecessarily.
    Since the Jewel-Meat Arc (Where she was quite usefull at some points) she has only appeared in like 2 chapters that mattered to the story, no wonder she couldnt show anything that would make her not unnecessary to you.
    Rin has potential (apart from her running after Toriko), and I believe that Shimabukuro will use it if she appears in another major arc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pandamic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that komatsu will instinctively learn how to do knocking with his knife once he masters the food honor training. Since Toriko won't kill animals he doesn't intend to eat he'll need someone reliable knock out those he can't kill;he can't always rely on his knocking gun since it can always runs out of ammo. As we saw in this chapter komatsu now has a knak for instinctively knowing where to stick his blade in; i am sure that will lead to him to learn knocking. Also knocking suits his personality more than brutally killing things, although I'm sure he could if he had to.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic62955_1.gif

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I would actually like to see at some point is Toriko learning more about knocking as he lacks in this department.
    He needs it not only to fight wild beasts, but also he will need to use it in fights as he can't always use just his raw strength as it seems that after this training he might demolish all the oponents below Bishokukai Vice-Chefs' level.
    Would be great to see Jirou teaching some knocking or Teppei.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn685 View Post
    So are you saying that all mangas that are directed at men have to have only men? I dont think so.
    Toriko is popular amoung women (I´d say even more popular than amoung men), BECAUSE there are so many men in the manga.

I dont understand why everyone is still complaining about Rin. You act like as if she was in the manga way too often unnecessarily.
    Since the Jewel-Meat Arc (Where she was quite usefull at some points) she has only appeared in like 2 chapters that mattered to the story, no wonder she couldnt show anything that would make her not unnecessary to you.
    Rin has potential (apart from her running after Toriko), and I believe that Shimabukuro will use it if she appears in another major arc.
    Huh? I'm just saying that a manga without a woman protagonist/antagonist is lacking something for the female audience imo.
    And I also didn't say that Rin appears too often. I just feel that if she wouldn't appear again I wouldn't shed a tear. Till now that is.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2