Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kabuto. Let's talk Villains.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Down Kabuto. Let's talk Villains.

I believe Kabuto Yakushi is by far the most boring, lame excuse for a villain Kishimoto could come up with.

I mean, he's so bad I'm actually starting to miss Orochimaru...that dude actually kept things interesting and slightly unpredictable.

Idk I mean like Kabuto was a bad ass without Sage mode in his arsenal; just medical Ninjutsu alone. He just seemed a lot more interesting when he was a human.

What do you guys and gals think about Mr. Yakushi.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto. Let's talk Villains.

I've always liked him as a villain, he's always had that wildcard element to him and you could tell he was an extraordinary individual I think what's letting him down is how shortsighted (no pun intended) he is when it comes to his plans. I have to say though that his hair are far from the best, it's just become a shabby mess and quite frankly it are embarrassing especially considering he are the former pupil of a Sannin and affiliate of Akatsuki all of whom have the best hair, especially Jiraiya his hair are the best.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think Itachi and Sasuke are going to beat Kabuto by breaking his glasses so he can't see.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Kabuto. I'm not a fan of the whole getting powers from other people thing though. When Madara started spamming Mokuton, I hated it. When Sasuke started using the same MS attacks as Itachi, I hated that too. There isn't enough originality in the movesets we've been seeing lately. Everyone's powers have originated from someone else, so there's not much to differentiate people.

And the thing that differentiated him from others in the past was his medical jutsu, which he isn't even using. I mean, when Sasuke started using Orochimaru's powers he didn't become a carbon copy fighting style wise. He mixed in the occasional snake with his usual fighting style. Well, I guess Edo Tensei is similar to his original "toying with the dead" techniques, so that's not too much of a stretch. And I guess one could say that that flash bomb jutsu thingy fits with his full knowledge of anatomy, since he knew how to systematically break down Susanoo... meh, I dunno. But I'm not disappointed with his showing atleast. I DO think people are asking for too much when they get these notions that he's gonna move on to fight Naruto. I also think it's silly that he's claiming he's the closest to Rikudou Sennin. I think he's confused at the level of powerful attacks people are slinging around nowadays, lol.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    To be honest I think Itachi and Sasuke are going to beat Kabuto by breaking his glasses so he can't see.
    The most remarkable thing about such a thing would be that kabuto has been literally fighting with his eyes closed lol.

As for him as a villain, I think he has evolved quite nicely. Heck, he is more unpredictable now than ever before in that regard. I never really thought he would go on an ability shopping spree and simply take in karin and suigetsu's abilities after taking orochimaru's and then become a sage. Heck, he has the advantage in a fight against two MS users, one with an EMS and the other one is immortal. Kabuto is easily the strongest ninja we have seen so far considering he was about as skilled as kakashi as a normal human, apparently became a decent bit stronger after absorbing orochimaru's body, got suigetsu's seemingly invincible body and perhaps somewhat unnecessarily took karin's regeneration ability (why does he need regeneration if his body is already intangible? I guess it can't hurt but will it help?) and even with his snake, liquid, constantly regenerating body he had to push it and become more snakelike as a sage. His perception powers are so damn advanced that he can fight with his eyes closed against 2 insanely skilled ninja who seemingly never run out of eye techniques (one would say they make them up on the spot and they miraculously work) and have a decent advantage. Earth ninjutsu is not enough for the guy, he makes the ground come alive lol. My only complain about kabuto as a whole is that he seems a bit one dimensional (with "a bit" being a massive understatement). He still does not have a goal of his own, he is still simply hellbent on destroying the leaf and that is it. Random destruction which does not seem to actually benefit him at all. Even if his goal was to acquire the rikudo's power (which he apparently wants considering his coming on being closest to him and the fact that he already took uzumaki powers into him) it does not seem like he actually intents on doing anything with it. Not even world destruction for that matter, just destroying the measly peace of land which makes the leaf. I guess this is not a fault of kishi alone though, it is really hard to make a villain that is not generically one dimensional. Heck, kabuto is not even insane enough to not need an objective and simply enjoy the destruction, he seems to need his objective so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto pretty much personifies the concept of "Knowledge and the ability to make use of it, equals power".

Like he himself said, he had nothing to begin with.

No Kekkei Genkai, no special body, no Bijuu sealed inside of him etc... the only thing he could rely on is his keen intellect, and he made good use of it. Just by gathering information and doing research, he managed to surpass a large fraction of the Narutoverse, putting him into the Top-Tier, among characters like Itachi, Sasuke, Naruto, Tobi etc.

Hell... if you count Edo-Madara as part of his powers, then he's currently the by far strongest living person in the whole story... he's fighting Itachi and Sasuke while his "Pet" dominates five Kage at once.

Look at all the help Naruto got to become what he's now. After Jiraiya died, the frogs came to seek out Naruto and offered him Sage Training, not to mention he already had the right body to begin with. Kabuto on the other hand had to seek out the snakes by himself to start his sage Training... and he didn't even have the right body... he had to achieve it by using his medical skills.

Thats another point: I also liked him when he was using his medical-ninjutsu for combat... but that can bring you only so far... and just because he isn't using it right now doesn't mean he's lost it. Also keep in mind all of his current powers are a direct result of his understanding of the human body and his scientific and medical skills.

About him taking powers from other people: I think it makes perfect sense and fits his character. Its basically the same as what real life scientists are trying to accomplish. "Oh look a that lizzard! It can regrow lost parts of its body! Lets research it to find out how its doing this, maybe we can use this ability for ourselves then!"

There are tons of animals and microbes being researched in hopes of harnessing some of their characteristics for the human race... I'm sure you get the point.

About his goals: Imho this whole "I'am going to crush the leaf" is just nonsense he made up in an attempt to drag Sasuke over to his side. I mean... at the same time he was telling Sasuke stuff like he's going to become his new big brother etc. while we know for sure thats bullshit and he's only after Sasuke's body, to use it for his research. Even Itachi outright told us Kabuto is an even better lier then himself.

His true gols are still shrouded in mystery... he wants to obtain the Rikudou's powers, that much is clear... but then?

I don't know... I wouldn't even call his character a true villain.

He grew up being exploited and having his skills misused by other twisted individuals like Orochimaru and Sasori, so its only natural he somewhat lost his value for human lives, being constantly surrounded by dying people. On the other hand he doesn't seem to me like someone who'd just kill for shits and giggles and strives conflict if it serves no purpose.

He has shown there's a benevolent side to him when he healed Hinata and later Sakura... in Sakura's case you could argue he just did it because it would benefit his masters long term goals, but in Hinata's case he did it for no apparent reason.

Keeping that in mind, for example lets assume he manages to accomplish his goals and becomes the most powerful person in the world. Do you think he'd become some kind of tyranical leader who'd make every other person suffer? I doubt it... being the introvert he is, I don't even think he wants to "rule over the world".

Instead I think its exactly what Itachi is saying: Kabuto himself doesn't know his own true self yet, and soon he's going to discover it, which in turn will decide his destiny.

Overall I can say I've always thought of Kabuto as a very interesting character. I prefer him to Orochimaru because Orochimaru was pretty much a finished character to begin with, while in Kabuto's case we witnessed his whole development from the beginings of the Manga.

I'am enjoying the current events and I'am looking forward to the conclusion... and I hope Kishi will handle it well, instead of turning him into another Danzou.
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 13, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

9. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@LnDRash : you sir copied my mind. Ask my permission first next time.

I will just add that, for me, Kabuto is among the few remaining ones who still have this "ninja aura" in the Narutoverse, despite his new powers, he is sneaky, he is a master spy, we never were able to clearly understand his true motivations and we still aren't, as he stated himself, he doesn't want to be famous because it would undermine his actions etc.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like kabuto either,but including himas one of the most important character has been a god choice.I can agree that latest chapters aren't so good and that we were expecting a better fight than this. yet,I'm still very interested in his past,but I hope kishi will do his best to make it a very good flashback.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto was able to negate Susano'o. That enough gives him some merit as a powerful ninja being as Susano'o is apparently one of the greatest jutsu in the series.

Anywho, Kabuto has been made to be able to defeat Sasuke if not for help from an invulnerable and immortal Itachi. If that was made to make Kabuto appear stronger than I can find no other way to do than to be able to hold his own against both Sasuke and an immortal and invulnerable Itachi. Granted, they want to stop him without killing him, but still. They can't use Tsukoyomi, he can evade Susano'o, and if he's hit by Amaterasu he'd most likely either become liquid and escape or just do the same jutsu Sasuke used when hit by Itachi's Amaterasu.

I'm very impressed by Kabuto so far and this fight seems very promising. I just hope Kishimoto doesn't end it prematurely and unsatisfactory.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    And the thing that differentiated him from others in the past was his medical jutsu, which he isn't even using.
    He used his medical ninjutsu and scientific knowledge to modify his own body, augmenting his self-regeneration and gaininig a version of the Hozuki Clan's Hyrdrifaction Technique. He's also still using his Chakra Scalpel technique (you can clearly see the chakra blades around his hands).

His use of Summoning: Edo Tensei can be seen clearly as an evolution of his Dead Soul Jutsu, which he used to reanimate corpses in the past. His new Sage Art: Muki Tensei can be seen as a further evolution of that, allowing him to animate any inanimate object.

Also, do keep in mind that Uchiha Madara is actually Kabuto's summon.

As I always said, Kabuto was the first recurring villain introduced in the series. He's been around longer than any of the others. For that reason, I hope his story isn't about to end. There's also the fact that even with the current flashbacks, we don't know who he really is or where he was from.

Of course, they aren't going to kill him until he cancels Edo Tensei, but I certainly hope Itachi gets put down soon. He has too many important kills under his belt for a villain / dead guy. Orochimaru, Nagato, and now possibly Kabuto? Give me a break.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku
    He used his medical ninjutsu and scientific knowledge to modify his own body, augmenting his self-regeneration and gaininig a version of the Hozuki Clan's Hyrdrifaction Technique. He's also still using his Chakra Scalpel technique (you can clearly see the chakra blades around his hands).
    I'll clarify my annoyance: He's used his medical ninjutsu to give him someone else's ability. He's not using his medical ninjutsu in battle. You could have completely taken his medical ninjutsu out of the equation and had him just sit in an operating chair while some random nobody spliced his DNA for him all this time. It wouldn't matter because it's the same end result: he's using someone else's powers. It's about originality (or lack thereof). I also remember the chakra scalpel being used to no great effect. It's why I didn't mention it since it did nothing.

Quote Quote:
    His use of Summoning: Edo Tensei can be seen clearly as an evolution of his Dead Soul Jutsu, which he used to reanimate corpses in the past. His new Sage Art: Muki Tensei can be seen as a further evolution of that, allowing him to animate any inanimate object.
    Coulda swore I mentioned that in my initial post about Edo Tensei. Muki Tensei is a stretch though as it's essentially Senjutsu, not medical ninjutsu. I'd also need to know if it's as simple as giving the environment natural energy the way a normal doton jutsu is used, of if he's actually creating honest-to-goodness life before I'd call it a practice in medicine.

Quote Quote:
    Also, do keep in mind that Uchiha Madara is actually Kabuto's summon.
    Is this in response to why I don't think he's powerful enough to go fight Naruto? Because access to Madara wouldn't change that. Not to mention the problem with Edo Tensei is that it can't be used as an accurate guage of a ninja's strength, since the summoner relies on ninja and their aquired power. It's not like Kabuto is fighting vicariously THROUGH Madara, with his own strength and skill. And even if he were, none of the power Madara is wielding originates from Kabuto (save for experiments done to boost him).

Quote Quote:
    As I always said, Kabuto was the first recurring villain introduced in the series. He's been around longer than any of the others. For that reason, I hope his story isn't about to end. There's also the fact that even with the current flashbacks, we don't know who he really is or where he was from.

Of course, they aren't going to kill him until he cancels Edo Tensei, but I certainly hope Itachi gets put down soon. He has too many important kills under his belt for a villain / dead guy. Orochimaru, Nagato, and now possibly Kabuto? Give me a break.
    I think Kishimoto could've/should've done more to make others care for Kabuto's motivations throughout the manga up to this point. Infact, most of his supporters are excited for the possibilities he presents, not for his accomplishments throughout the manga or his actual personality, combined with his recent showing. To me he was always that guy who just appears to praise Orochimaru's strength or cower at Sasuke's prowess before disappearing into obscurity (with the exception of what he's shown against Kakashi that one time, and him beating up on Tsunade for a while (which was still highly situational and only counts as an impressive feat in that context). And now, all of a sudden he's Big Bad no. 3. I don't think he'll get past this stage of his life. I do agree that Itachi should lose and disappear soon however.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto had great promise when he thought like a million steps ahead and was able to outsmart Kakashi. Now, he has surpassed Orochimaru. That's what gives him promise. Orochimaru was a great villain. However, since Kabuto's only ambition seems to be to become the next Sage of the Six Paths and nothing else, that doesn't really give him much of a chance of interaction with anybody else. Orochimaru created a country, joined Akatsuki to try and disturb it from the inside, declared war on his home village, had hideouts in probably every single country, relentlessly investigated and created new jutsu, etc. Orochimaru had limitless ambition. What's Kabuto's ambition? Surpass Orochimaru? Check. What's his current ambition? Be like the Rikudou Sennin. Wow. That lackluster goal is what keeps him from becoming a truly great villain.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as strong as kabuto is now ....he will NEVER be as evil or corrupt as ORO

i think if naruto extends beyond the current arc

(which i may be one of the few that hopes it does)

the series needs an ORO come back

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

oro will surely come back,rest assured. he isn't dead yet,and there are too many references to him. btw,kabuto won't be as snake-like as oro because he is smarter,imo.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru is as dead as a guy can be, no more no less. We actually saw him burn to death thanks to amaterasu.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-398-1/...apter-393.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-399-3/...apter-394.html

Even if something or oro remained, it would be either in kabuto (we have no reason to believe that whatever lifeforce that attempted to take over kabuto is orochimaru as the actual one was inside sasuke at the time) or inside itachi's susanoo in which case orochimaru actually remaining there after itachi died would in itself be a stretch, let alone the possibility of orochimaru coming out of dead itachi.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast