Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kabuto. Let's talk Villains.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto. Let's talk Villains.

I wouldn't say the sharingan properly evolves into the rinnengan. Technically speaking, the rinnengan came before the sharingan as far as we know. In this regard, the sharingan is but a depowered version of the rinnengan, the result of the separation of the two important halves of the rikudo's power. The situation would be the same with senju powers, they would be a depowered version of the power the rikudo had at some point. More so, sharingan is unable to develop into a rinnengan on its own, it is absolutely necessary to complete the powers of each side by adding the other.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I wouldn't say the sharingan properly evolves into the rinnengan. Technically speaking, the rinnengan came before the sharingan as far as we know. In this regard, the sharingan is but a depowered version of the rinnengan, the result of the separation of the two important halves of the rikudo's power. The situation would be the same with senju powers, they would be a depowered version of the power the rikudo had at some point. More so, sharingan is unable to develop into a rinnengan on its own, it is absolutely necessary to complete the powers of each side by adding the other.
    or maybe the sage's power was the result of the union of his parents,who knows. maybe his parents had strong power which, merged them,became the rinnegan. btw,they may be the decrease of the rinnegan,but it also means that they would evolve into rinnegan if they merged again.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as what the manga has stated, the uchiha and senju came from the rikudo and they got his power, not the other way around lol. At least the manga has been quite explicit about the senju and uchiha being offsprings of the rikudo rather than the rikudo being the offspring of those two clans.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as what the manga has stated, the uchiha and senju came from the rikudo and they got his power, not the other way around lol. At least the manga has been quite explicit about the senju and uchiha being offsprings of the rikudo rather than the rikudo being the offspring of those two clans.
    the "uchiha" and the "senju" clans emerged from the rikudou, they could easily have been called another name before that

you should have pointed out that the sage was stated to be the starter/inventor of all ninjutsu/chakra manipulation

in this regard, i don't think there was any doujutsu before that. stamina maybe, but the rinnegan would just be weird looking eyes without chakra control

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto explicitly says, "Just as I suspected... what awaits when you progress beyond the Sharingan is the Rinnegan."

Obviously Senju DNA is required, we know that Madara obtained Hashirama's cells after their battle, which allowed him to evolve his Sharingan into the Rinnegan.

My point was that Kabuto and Orochimaru were experimenting with Senju DNA and wanted an Uchiha clan member.

Knowing that combining Senju and Uchiha DNA is the key to awakening the powers of the Six Paths, it seems pretty obvious to me that they intended to do just that.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The sage invented traditional ninjutsu however not necessarily chakra manipulation. Remember the samurai? They were implied to have been there from before ninja and they seem fairly adept at chakra usage to say the least.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I like him, I hope he beats the Uchiha

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Explain. Sakura's last antagonist? She wasnt improving at a great rate combat wise so I dont know how you reached this.
    Yeah, that's not like she was the most improved character after the timeskip, that she became the student of the sannin who had a beef with Oro and Kabuto, that she specializes like Kabuto in medical ninjutsu (although it was scrapped completely from Kabuto's fighting style) and that she and Kabuto related during the Naruto vs KN4 fight (2 normals persons among monsters. Which was the perfect theme for a final fight)

Anyways, this Kabuto arc is by far the worse pile of crap Kishi ever written. It's safe to say t's not what he planned for or it looks very bad for the rest of the manga.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

im not entirely against kabuto ,it just irritates me how he suddenly became a major one ,gathering orochimarus left overs and surpassing him in a really short time
    what kept orochimaru from reaching the same heights then if it was all his researches and ideas and techniques ? a part of me still wishes that orochimaru pops out of kabuto at some point saying "i knew you would do all these ,you were my safe card for return..thank you kabuto and bye bye..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, I find it weird that people don't consider Kabuto a "major one" already, considering he was the first recurring villain introduced in the manga. I personally saw this coming ages ago, and always predicted he'd surpass Orochimaru.

He's just like Ranmaru Mori in Yotoden: Wrath of the Ninja. Ranmaru was Nobunaga's aide and right hand man, but didn't seem to be that important to the plot. However, right at the very end, it turned out he was the one who had orchestrated everything. He then killed two of the three main characters and nearly opened the gates to hell.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto is one of my favorite characters you are never clear with him who he is his goals personality etc. i think he should never reveld his past or his goals completle becouse his more intresting and of all villans he should survive and continue to lurk from shadows like early even after manga/anime ends.About his taking every power i expected it becouse knowing every ,jutsu perfect being , etc demands a body with almost all kekei genkai,special abilities,mutations,etc everithing Orochimaru talked,and wanted and Kabuto folowed his master in desire to surpass him

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the fact he even tried to kill orochimaru is important,it will have consequences in the near future,together with the blood he was implanted in himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto is what Naruto is for Jiraiya. He is the one to carry Orochimaru's will. I don't think Orochimaru is psychotic, just unstable since the death of his parents. Kabuto has gone beyond what Orochimaru has done. I know he won't die yet because Itachi isn't going to kill him. Naruto has surpassed Jiraiya in almost every way. I see the same in Kabuto. And it's promising. I mean, Kishimoto has him fighting both an immortal & invulnerable Itachi and Sasuke with EMS. If there's a way to hype somebody that's gotta be it, right?
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Kabuto is what Naruto is for Jiraiya. He is the one to carry Orochimaru's will. I don't think Orochimaru is psychotic, just unstable since the death of his parents. Kabuto has gone beyond what Orochimaru has done. I know he won't die yet because Itachi isn't going to kill him. Naruto has surpassed Jiraiya in almost every way. I see the same in Kabuto. And it's promising. I mean, Kishimoto has him fighting both an immortal & invulnerable Itachi and Sasuke with EMS. If there's a way to hype somebody that's gotta be it, right?
    The only way you couldn't think Orochimaru is not psychotic is by being psychotic yourself. The man is not just immoral, but essentially lost his humanity, was into kidnapping, human experimentation, mass murder, literal body snatching, and all around creepy and evil behavior. While he certainly isn't the most psychotic character I've ever read, he is pretty damn loose in the head.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    The only way you couldn't think Orochimaru is not psychotic is by being psychotic yourself. The man is not just immoral, but essentially lost his humanity, was into kidnapping, human experimentation, mass murder, literal body snatching, and all around creepy and evil behavior. While he certainly isn't the most psychotic character I've ever read, he is pretty damn loose in the head.
    Nope. Psychotic implies that there is something mentally wrong with Oro, but there isn't. He simply holds no regards for the accepted ethics of man and place little value in life. Being "evil" is not the same as being psychotic. Everything Oro does has a purpose to it.

As for Kabuto, he is a terrible villain because he has little identity of his own. Even his backstory is about him having no identity!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast