Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Most disappointing fight in naruto and why?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most disappointing fight in naruto and why?

Quote Originally Posted by chilibun View Post
    Nagato didn't get dissed in that fight. He's been a noob blessed with powerful eyes since the beginning. He has never been shown to be all that skillful or tactful. Just somebody with mind blowing powers.
    Before we could at least say, " Nagato was born with the Rin'negan," or " He made all the Jutsu that he used." Now we can't even say that and that's the fucked part. Nagato was never his own person. Always on the heels of someone else's goal or ambitions. Always being manipulated by someone else. Never showing abilities that he created or belonged to him. Even in death, he's at his most powerful when he isn't behind the steering wheel of his own body. That's fucked as hell.

So yes, he did get dissed in that fight. Kishimoto dissed him by showing that he's so much of a tool, that someone else can literally get better result than him when using his body.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; April 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather, Nagato showed to be powerful. It can be interpreted as Nagato not being at his best in mind and body to be beaten. He wasn't paying attention to Itachi at all, just to the jinchuuriki who got owned. Itachi was able to do better because Nagato wasn't focusing on him, so I don't think Nagato was made to look that bad. It was three against one, and his only advantage in fights is his body, if you don't count the mystery of Rin'negan.

Naruto got the worse end as he was made to look stupid. He's socially stupid, not in combats.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Rather, Nagato showed to be powerful. It can be interpreted as Nagato not being at his best in mind and body to be beaten. He wasn't paying attention to Itachi at all, just to the jinchuuriki who got owned. Itachi was able to do better because Nagato wasn't focusing on him, so I don't think Nagato was made to look that bad. It was three against one, and his only advantage in fights is his body, if you don't count the mystery of Rin'negan.

Naruto got the worse end as he was made to look stupid. He's socially stupid, not in combats.
    However, It's not Nagato, It's Kabuto. Here Kabuto is having the flashback as if he can see what is happening. Which means Nagato was a tool in practically every sense of the word.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; April 18, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The fights I hate are fights that aren't fights, but rather... predicaments.

Any fight where one of the opponents is either:

Holding back
    Dying from illness
    Hindered thanks to the opponent knowing all (or the majority of) their secrets
    Hindered trying to protect allies

Well, I guess I don't HATE them. I just hate the outcome because there's rarely any full on evidence of superiority between the characters. Though if we're being specific, I wasn't a fan of the Naruto vs. Kakuzu fight. This was the fight where Naruto "surpassed" Kakashi? The fight where he took out an opponent who'd already lost the majority of his strength and had one foot in the grave? And he won the fight with a basic bait-and-switch, the exact god damn move anyone that knows how to use KB can perform. But THIS makes him superior to a genius armed with 1000 jutsu and an infinitely higher intellect? Whatever.
    I agree ( ). Basically, fights with plot induced stupidity

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3