Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Gear by Oh! Great

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheJuanPercent's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 353 Discussion

Hey Dopeycheese, can you please translate the important tidbits of the chapter if you understand Chinese?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Exis10's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like but not exactly same

Spoiler show

Great and fresh chapter

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drylick View Post
    @Dopeycheese: I think there is no way for Ikki to be wearing the Flame Regalia core since Kururu has already broke it down to assimilate the regalia's core into the Storm Regalia.
    ermmm i wasnt talkin about the regalia core, i meant the shoes, looked similiar

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuanPercent View Post
    Hey Dopeycheese, can you please translate the important tidbits of the chapter if you understand Chinese?
    yea sure, i was about to do it but most of the guys above could figure out what's going on, anyway:-

-rika is free of brainwashing

-the thing on rika is called DETH - a super bomb, apparently it talks or im seeing the text bubbles all wrong

-Ringo tries to get in close to destroy it but stops half way when she realises the thing is linked to rika's spine and her internals

-DETH taunts them as the world watches

*flashback*
    -sora knew this day would come, all the time he spent with rika would boil down to this moment(apparently that's why he's emo-ing)

-sora rips the pregnancy results as nike injects rika with something

-sora doesnt want a child, mentions what he wanted to leave as his legacy was not a child but a utopia
    *flashback end*

-seems like despair is the part of the ninth line of Aettir(was it aettir?? the symbol with many intertwinning lines, the one kazu used against nike)

-sora wont let ikki reach rika and ringo, to which ikki replies that he wont even try, since he wont make it anyway

-the same way sora brought rika for a purpose, ikki too brought ringo for a purpose

-ringo activates the storm regalia
    Last edited by dopeycheese; April 17, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    ermmm i wasnt talkin about the regalia core, i meant the shoes, looked similiar

yea sure, i was about to do it but most of the guys above could figure out what's going on, anyway:-

-rika is free of brainwashing

-the thing on rika is called DETH - a super bomb, apparently it talks or im seeing the text bubbles all wrong

-Ringo tries to get in close to destroy it but stops half way when she realises the thing is linked to rika's spine and her internals

-DETH taunts them as the world watches

*flashback*
    -sora knew this day would come, all the time he spent with rika would boil down to this moment(apparently that's why he's emo-ing)

-sora rips the pregnancy results as nike injects rika with something

-sora doesnt want a child, mentions what he wanted to leave as his legacy was not a child but a utopia
    *flashback end*

-seems like despair is the part of the ninth line of Aettir(was it aettir?? the symbol with many intertwinning lines, the one kazu used against nike)

-sora wont let ikki reach rika and ringo, to which ikki replies that he wont even try, since he wont make it anyway

-the same way sora brought rika for a purpose, ikki too brought ringo for a purpose

Thanks for this. And I think the last two lines you've got there pretty seal it for us;
    Quote Quote:

. . . right? Ikki did plan this out, he willingly allowed Ringo to have the Regalia, which is proved by him saying he brought her with him for a purpose. [Unless it's just one of those situations where, just to look cool, he calls himself a genius when he really isn't that much of one, and it only makes him look even more idiotic.] <-I just hope it's not one of those situations, and that he really did plan this out and give Ringo the Storm Regalia on purpose.

And yeah, Drylick, there's more to a Regalia than just the core. Sure, the core is the most important part, but there are other parts that make up the Regalia, too, aren't there? Those parts are, along with the core, as a whole, called a Regalia. And I hope it O!G is saying that Ikki was carrying normal AT back wheels with him when he put on the Storm Regalia, so that when he gave the Storm Regalia core to Ringo, he still had "spare" back wheels to put on his ATs. Or else wouldn't make much sense. Then again, he would have needed to have been wearing normal ATs to start with, as I don't think he and Ringo could've switched Regalia parts while in the Tower.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I just saw Ikki wearing the Storm Regalia before they took on Sora. It's just my presumption.

I'm waiting for the mystery of the Ninth Line to unfold. Minami still aint saying anything.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear Manga to End in 5 More Chapters in Japan

So we have about 2 more chapters left, yes?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheJuanPercent's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear Manga to End in 5 More Chapters in Japan

Still 4 chapters to go.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drylick View Post
    I'm waiting for the mystery of the Ninth Line to unfold. Minami still aint saying anything.
    up to this point they have all been hinting that the ninth line is something terrible, but knowing how ikki is breaking out of cages im sure ikki will redefine the ninth line into his liking, like...something good?

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Sora seems to have said that the ninth line refers to "despair". Ikki might be able to change it to have it stand for love or some other good feeling. All we know other than that about it is that it's the ninth bar needed to complete the Sky Regalia's access code, as the "fence" in North Mythology that is said to have held back the god Odin to the World Tree Yggdrasil had nine bars.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter's out on Mangastream, fully translated. And can I just say that as a long-time AG fan, this chapter was one of the best by a long way recently. After the Aircraft Carrier, the whole fight so far, I thought AG kinda went downhill - less focus on tricks and skills and more on OMG, Ikki is strong! Flashback! But Sora is stronger! Flashback! But Ikki uses a new move! Flashback! But sora counters! Flashback!
    This was the first chapter in a while that genuinely surprised me, too. And art is as great as always. 9/10.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i think OG nailed this one, i really did not expect that which is a good thing btw arent those kazu's ATs ikki is wearing?
    No, these are Ikki's first AT that he got from Ringo, Ume and Mikan baack in chapter 2:

Trick 2:

http://www.mangareader.net/137-7507-...chapter-2.html

Trick 353:

http://www.mangareader.net/air-gear/353/16

The Advent of Despair...
    Black Carnival

http://gustavosnovaes.deviantart.com/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The art was great, as it generally is. Although admittedly Ringo's AT was more awesome than usual. But the fight continues to drag on with seemingly endless one-ups. Now after all of Ikki's tremendous displays that have exceeded anything else he has ever displayed we discover that he hasn't even been wearing the Storm Regalia. It is similar to the one-up Sora pulled a few chapters ago with his AT. I had honestly hoped that the battle would conclude this chapter. As we get nearer to the conclusion of the manga, every chapter spent on this battle is one less spent on everything else that is far more interesting in the story. After reading this chapter, I just died a little more inside.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tallywhacker? So apparently the evil bug is British.

http://mangastream.com/read/air_gear/78305508/5

Ha, knew OG would turn the ninth line despair thing into Hope.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

But it's still at least good to know that Ikki is so freaking powerful as a King that he doesn't even need his Regalia. Overpowerd, a bit, but he's a Shounen hero so it's expected.

Sora is pretty amazing, too, what with how he's able to apparently produce wind from his own body. What the hell? It surprised even Ikki himself, it seems. But then he used his ace in the hole, by having Ringo activate the Storm Regalia. Now, hopefully, Drylick's right and he can remotely control it by accessing and utilizing the wind it produces, but what did Kururu mean by Ringo being "able to use it now"? Does this mean Ringo will be the one to use it? Maybe there was something that needed to be done/accomplished so that she could use it. She and Ikki are both probably going to be using it, too, but we'll see, I guess.

From what Ikki was saying to Sora, and how he was saying, I'm expecting to have a way to beat Sora with the Storm Regalia's power even though Ringo is the on wearing it. But yeah, still, I could be wrong, so let's see what happens.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Down Re: Air Gear 353 Discussion

I wonder if we're reading the same manga...Air Gear officially Sucks! It needs to end now. Oh Great! always Trolls you towards the end of his manga, Air gear is now tasteless, Ringo is using the Storm Regalia, everything we just read was for nothing, why is she using that's not what we wanna see how is she using it and why? it's juss thrash now

New Reply
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast