Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 1st String

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your 1st String

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Fuji is lame. Do not want.
    I love Fuji coz he plays with his eyes closed. Besides that I agree. He is the result of laziness. I noticed your the only guy to have Tokugawa-less list. And im pleased as I dont like Tokugawa. How come he aint on your list?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Fuji lame? With the potential he has and his counters? Man, first time I hear this lol
    His moves are great, but up til now, all his moves can be contained by players who only need to be Shiraishi level and there are quite a few HSers who I feel would kick Fuji's ass and considering he is meant to be a genius and is the most popular character but yet done nothing, I wouldnt be surprised if Konomi fodderized him.
    Coz Konomi knows that the fans will still love Fuji fodderized or not. Coz look at this, he is the most popular character and all he has done is get his ass kicked.
    The poll was from the start to when the No.s 11-20 get introduced. Fuji did nothing and was still popular.

Almost telling Konomi ''Forget about this guy, they'll always love him'' as oppose to ''Come on Konomi, he needs improvement coz the fans love him'' Coz Konomi takes polls extremely different from the rest of Jump authors lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

DON'T GIVE KONOMI ANY IDEAS!!!!!

Anyway Fuji will not be fodderised (hopefully). He played that match against Tezuka and he said that he would go higher. Implying that we will get to see some screentime and improvement from him.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    DON'T GIVE KONOMI ANY IDEAS!!!!!

Anyway Fuji will not be fodderised (hopefully). He played that match against Tezuka and he said that he would go higher. Implying that we will get to see some screentime and improvement from him.
    I doubt Konomi would make Fuji fodder. He's one of the best players in the series, I doubt he'll do that.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Konomi would make Fuji fodder. He's one of the best players in the series, I doubt he'll do that.
    Yukimura was THE best players in the series. All Konomi did was alter the yips.
    Shiraishi was also amongst that group. All Konomi did was remove a weight which isnt even improvement. Konomi hasnt actually shown what Shiraishi has gained from this camp.

Konomi fodderized old 3rd Cort, old 2nd Court, old 1st Court and No.s 11-20 in a blink.
    Sanada is not that popular but appears all the time.

We must doubt nothing in terms of Konomi's fodderizing.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Fuji has more screentime in anime than in the manga.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Fuji has more screentime in anime than in the manga.
    Explain. We didnt see him anymore in the anime than in the manga really. Since we are talking about SPoT here.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Explain. We didnt see him anymore in the anime than in the manga really. Since we are talking about SPoT here.
    We saw him more in the anime talking and playing than in the manga. Konomi hasn't made him appear as much as we expected, but that should end now. We'll see next match or another match the referee saying: Fuji Syuusuke vs Ohmagari or Fuji vs Tohno.

In the manga, he only appeared playing against Tezuka and saying a few things. The anime gave him more screentime, Echizen also got the biggest screentime on anime, due to being the main character and for the fans sake lol.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 15, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

about fuji being lame...

I'm going to have to agree. I dont see much any character development and is mostly predictable.

Like someone stated he's the stereotypical genius, but even the he loses. Since fuji dont have much air time in anime or manga, its hard to see his motivations. as of now all i know is he wants to become stronger and try to beat tezuka. well others too want to defeat or get to tezuka's level.

Let's guess the future match of fuji... he will be pressured and make a new counter... then win or lose. another point is it dont matter how genius you are.. if you lack basic skills level vs a stronger opponent that can see through your techniques you lost. it's up to konomi to develop fuji, if konomi dont want to then i guess fuji isn't that important since even the manga author seems to not to give him attention. i guess we'll have to wait until future chapters, to be sure.
    Last edited by ashore; April 15, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed your the only guy to have Tokugawa-less list. And im pleased as I dont like Tokugawa. How come he aint on your list?
    The only highschoolers I actually like are Shuuji and Irie. The rest are irrelevant.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The only highschoolers I actually like are Shuuji and Irie. The rest are irrelevant.
    Oni and Tokugawa aren't irrelevant to the story? Tokugawa is the new Tezuka, Echizen's current aim is Tokugawa, beating him in a match like he wanted to do in POT with Tezuka. Oni's like Akutsu's fated rival and also important to the storyline, much like Irie and Tokugawa. Byodouin's the man who defeated Tokugawa, so he is important as well. For me, the irrelevant ones are Ryoga, Duke, and from No.6 to 10 (and the other fodders as well).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Your opinion. However Oni and Tokugawa arent irrelevant. you went too far. Unless you meant irrelevant to you and not the storyline.
    I dont even like Oni and Tokugawa though.

The only HSers I actually like are now Kimijima, Ochi, Ryoga, Tanegashima, Byoudouin and Irie.
    (I would have added Hara Tetsuya coz he was hilarious in his match but back then we didnt know he was gonna become instant fodder.) Why Byoudouin? Coz he did nothing wrong. He is in fact awesome despite the intense manchild look he put a cocky Tokugawa in his place.

Considering Konomi has introduced over 30 HSers its quite poor that we like so few. Perhaps Konomi should have slowed things down slightly, or had proper chapters with 17 pgs to better add depth to the story or something I dont even know how he could have stopped this downhill slope PoT storyline took, but im too hooked to quit the series hahaa.

Oni and Tokugawa aren't irrelevant to the story? Tokugawa is the new Tezuka, Echizen's current aim is Tokugawa, beating him in a match like he wanted to do in POT with Tezuka. Oni's like Akutsu's fated rival and also important to the storyline, much like Irie and Tokugawa. Byodouin's the man who defeated Tokugawa, so he is important as well. For me, the irrelevant ones are Ryoga, Duke, and from No.6 to 10 (and the other fodders as well).
    Tokugawa is NOT the new Tezuka. Ppl have got carried away. Just coz Ryoma is aiming for him does not make him the new Tezuka.
    Tezuka had the awesome unselfish goal of winning for Seigaku. Winning the Japanese National Middle School Tournament with them and becoming a pro came after all that.

Tokugawa looks down on Japanese Tennis. After a discussion with Kaoz, Ive realized Tokugawa looked down on Japan Tennis so much that in Middle School he likely never gave a crap about his school team as he doesnt even know Yukimura and Sanada. The two King freshman who won the Nationals when Tokugawa was a 2nd Year MSer therefore he should know them and they should know him. But they dont know each other. At all.

Tokugawa's only goal in the camp is to defeat Byoudouin which for me is pathetic and from then I see him as a loser.
    He and Tezuka's characters were extremely different besides both becoming walls for Ryoma to climb(LOADS OF PPL HAVE BEEN THAT), Left-Handed, And always keeping a straight-face and lacking emotion which made Tezuka cool.

Tokugawa looks down on tennis SO much that despite being OBVIOUSLY significantly above from what we can now confirm No.s 9-20 in ability and likely Tokugawa is above No.s 3 and above, he has clearly like Irie, Oni and Tanegashima chosen to stay with the 2nd Stringers. Except Tokugawa was worse and unlike Tanegashima and Oni didnt get a badge number but it seems he probably refused anything other than No.1. Showing how doesnt rate Japan.

Tezuka is leaving Japan coz he wants to be a pro and was given the opportunity to go to Germany as it states he got the opportunity from scouts as oppose to Tezuka himself going to apply to a german school but was willing to damage his arm in a match in the Japan U-17 Camp.
    Tezuka and Tokugawa have been given strong characters and backgrounds by Konomi and Tokugawa is very different from Tezuka character wise.

Tezuka didnt really give a f*ck about Sanada's fetish for defeating him which made Sanada look lame. What was cool is that Tezuka didnt care for rivalries but he always took matches seriously with 100% attitude. Tokugawa was a cocky bastard who got his ass kicked by Byoudouin and I now love Byoudouin for that.
    Apparently guys on here say that Tokugawa went easy on Ryoma at first. Tezuka wouldnt have done that shit. He would have wiped the guy head on just like Yukimura and Sanada do.

Tokugawa
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 16, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I was comparing from the rival point of view. Tezuka, along with Nanjiro, was Echizen's greatest rival in the series. Now in Shin, Tokugawa has become Echizen's main rival for now. Ryoma's only goal right now is to get his revenge beating Tokugawa, like he wants his revenge against Byodouin.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was comparing from the rival point of view. Tezuka, along with Nanjiro, was Echizen's greatest rival in the series. Now in Shin, that role has passed to Tokugawa. Ryoma's only goal right now is to get his revenge beating Tokugawa, like he wants his revenge against Byodouin.
    Nope. Tokugawa isnt his only aim. Tokugawa and Tezuka are very much different.
    Re-read my post. Tezuka didnt have a person he wanted to beat. He had a goal to accomplish. More cool than Tokugawa.
    Ryoma made it clear he is aiming for No.1 and Tokugawa is just a wall to climb like many others in the series.

I think its wrong to say Konomi is making just another Tezuka. Konomi is normally good with characters. The way he has fodderized 20+ HSers is just a blip.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. He has to defeat Tokugawa to accomplish that goal. If he doesn't, he'll never become No.1. He's an obstacle in Ryoma's growth as a tennis player.

Also, Ryoga will be another obstacle in Ryoma's way. When Ryoma usually faces such a god like player, his growth his not normal. He improves drastically and gets better and better.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 16, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokugawa is NOT the new Tezuka. Ppl have got carried away. Just coz Ryoma is aiming for him does not make him the new Tezuka.
    Tezuka had the awesome unselfish goal of winning for Seigaku. Winning the Japanese National Middle School Tournament with them and becoming a pro came after all that.

Tokugawa looks down on Japanese Tennis. After a discussion with Kaoz, Ive realized Tokugawa looked down on Japan Tennis so much that in Middle School he likely never gave a crap about his school team as he doesnt even know Yukimura and Sanada. The two King freshman who won the Nationals when Tokugawa was a 2nd Year MSer therefore he should know them and they should know him. But they dont know each other. At all.

Tokugawa's only goal in the camp is to defeat Byoudouin which for me is pathetic and from then I see him as a loser.
    He and Tezuka's characters were extremely different besides both becoming walls for Ryoma to climb(LOADS OF PPL HAVE BEEN THAT), Left-Handed, And always keeping a straight-face and lacking emotion which made Tezuka cool.

Tokugawa looks down on tennis SO much that despite being OBVIOUSLY significantly above from what we can now confirm No.s 9-20 in ability and likely Tokugawa is above No.s 3 and above, he has clearly like Irie, Oni and Tanegashima chosen to stay with the 2nd Stringers. Except Tokugawa was worse and unlike Tanegashima and Oni didnt get a badge number but it seems he probably refused anything other than No.1. Showing how doesnt rate Japan.

Wow, I never thought I'll see this much backlash against Tokugawa.

From your logic of not knowing Yukimura and Sanada, why doesn't that include every other HS that doesn't know these two? It's too much work to get in touch with MS tennis world? Probably not. In fact, many of my friends who's in a sport club in high school talked to their juniors and keep and in touch to know the "King" of those sports EVEN WITHOUT godlike entity like Sanada or Yukimura. That shows how much any of them care.

People in sport clubs spend a lot of time together, and most likely are going to become good friends. (At least from real life experience of mine, don't know about you). Good friends keep in touch, and of course talked about the very topic that make them friend in the first place.

You're trying to put too much hate logic into this. Logically and realistically, all HS who had even the slightest friendliness toward their kouhai would keep in touch with them and know at least the main details that's going on.

Now, go and hate every HS that doesn't know their popular players in the MS, go.

Of course, you have no idea when some of them start playing tennis. What if he start playing HS 1st year, or he start at the beginning of his 2nd year? You are assuming way too much. This doesn't apply to Tokugawa, though.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/3

He's training aboard. Now, I would excuse him for that rather than all other HS without the backstory. Why would someone who is training aboard care about a result of MS tournament? I don't. And I actually don't know anyone who does ever. Does that make me a jerk for not caring about my country?

And does it really matter that he's staying behind and doesn't have a badge? I thought he stay here to raise level of 2nd stringer? And he try to "power up" Echizen. That shows he at least have some care for others. Now, that's FAR better than Tanegashima, who's staying behind because he doesn't like plane. It's like "Meh, I'm No. 2! I'm the second best player in the camp! But I won't go there to secure win for my country because I hate airplane!" Sure, sounds like a pretty nice guy right there. Oni drop his badge for others, too. I think in essense, Tokugawa, Irie, and Oni is pretty much the same. At least for this reason. No reason to use this to hate him over another.

Oh, and so far, I hate Byoudouin. Like, what kind of person would say "die" and suddenly shot a ball that can break wall at someone who is just finish practicing their tennis and are taking a break? Wait, let me rephase that, what kind of person will just say "die" and shot a ball that can break wall at another person, at ANY time? And just walk away, without laughing it as joke, with a total serious look. I definitely don't want to be friend with that person.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 16, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast