Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 1st String

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Your 1st String

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Wow, I never thought I'll see this much backlash against Tokugawa.
    You should sees Fayte against any character that is fodder.

From your logic of not knowing Yukimura and Sanada, why doesn't that include every other HS that doesn't know these two? It's too much work to get in touch with MS tennis world? Probably not. In fact, many of my friends who's in a sport club in high school talked to their juniors and keep and in touch to know the "King" of those sports EVEN WITHOUT godlike entity like Sanada or Yukimura. That shows how much any of them care.
    Coz Tokugawa is a 2nd Year HSer. Meaning he was an MSer at the same time as Yuki/Sanada.
    I didnt say it was too much work to get in touch with the MS world (re-read my post), im saying Tokugawa didnt care to.
    We arent talking about your friends. In this series, all the players know of each other despite being from different regions.
    Chitose, Inui and Mizuki knew of Mouri without meeting him. This is coz they were MSers at the same time so they were aware of ppl at the top of their age group.

In this series, the Msers all know of each other without meeting each other due to fame.
    So if they were MSers at the same time, if Tokugawa was involved, he would know besides him there are other great players.

Your unbelievably and fantistically naive for thinking I was bringing real life experience into this. You NEVER use real logic for PoT logic. Ever.

People in sport clubs spend a lot of time together, and most likely are going to become good friends. (At least from real life experience of mine, don't know about you). Good friends keep in touch, and of course talked about the very topic that make them friend in the first place.
    Correct, you dont know about me. I have a life and dont use my life to compare with a shounen DBZ Sports anime. It doesnt make sense to do so.
    Your telling me your HSers 2 years above you became your good friends? Cool story bro coz thats irrelevant to what I said.

Tokugawa and Yuki/Sanada went MS at the same time but were not in the same school so your paragraph is irrelevant.

You're trying to put too much hate logic into this. Logically and realistically, all HS who had even the slightest friendliness toward their kouhai would keep in touch with them and know at least the main details that's going on.
    You should break down your complaints to what I said. Dont do walls of text. They're annoying. Im breaking it down for you here.
    Its not hate logic. What does kohai's of the same school have to do with Tokugawa?

Now, go and hate every HS that doesn't know their popular players in the MS, go.
    Tokugawa and Yukimura were MSers at the same time making what your saying invalid.

Of course, you have no idea when some of them start playing tennis. What if he start playing HS 1st year, or he start at the beginning of his 2nd year? You are assuming way too much. This doesn't apply to Tokugawa, though.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/3
    Your link states Tokugawa was playing since he was 5. You then say I am assuming way too much? What's with you? Im going by whats been given. So ACTUALLY I DO KNOW when he started playing tennis.
    You then say it doesnt apply to Tokugawa... Then what are you talking about lol?

He's training aboard. Now, I would excuse him for that rather than all other HS without the backstory. Why would someone who is training aboard care about a result of MS tournament? I don't. And I actually don't know anyone who does ever. Does that make me a jerk for not caring about my country?
    Didnt say he was a jerk. Re-read the post. I said he is very different from Tezuka. Youve probably not read the post as your reply is nonsense.
    The characters of the story are the kids who are THE BEST of their age in the country so the best all know of each other.
    Unless your amongst the top 50 kids in your country, relating yourself to this post is irrelevant as you are neither from Japan or in the characters' situation.

And does it really matter that he's staying behind and doesn't have a badge? I thought he stay here to raise level of 2nd stringer? And he try to "power up" Echizen. That shows he at least have some care for others.
    Dont confuse Tokugawa with Irie and Oni. They are Courtleaders who stayed behind to uplift the camp. We havent been told Tokugawa did that.
    He didnt ''power up'' Ryoma. Ryoma worked hard himself so he could defeat him. The best things he has done since his intro is tell Ryoma to go the mountain hell training and take a shot from Byoudouin and get tossed in the air like a fool.

Now, that's FAR better than Tanegashima, who's staying behind because he doesn't like plane. It's like "Meh, I'm No. 2! I'm the second best player in the camp! But I won't go there to secure win for my country because I hate airplane!" Sure, sounds like a pretty nice guy right there. Oni drop his badge for others, too. I think in essense, Tokugawa, Irie, and Oni is pretty much the same. At least for this reason. No reason to use this to hate him over another.
    Tanegashima is shown differently as he welcomes the 2nd year MSers from the Black Jersey brigade and stopped the embarrassment for the HSers. Tanegashima at leasted accepted a badge. Tokugawa is clearly above No.9 yet he has not accepted a badge other than No.1.

Tanegashima stayed in the camp to protect his No.2 badge, Tokugawa has stayed a 2nd Stringer so that he is allowed to challenge Byoudouin. A completely selfish goal. Dont drag down Tanegashima to Tokugawa.

Oh, and so far, I hate Byoudouin. Like, what kind of person would say "die" and suddenly shot a ball
    Oni asked Momoshiro who he thinks he can kill with his piece of Jack Knife. The whole killing thing you shouldnt take seriously.

Oh, and so far, I hate Byoudouin. Like, what kind of person would say "die" and suddenly shot a ball that can break wall at someone who is just finish practicing their tennis and are taking a break? Wait, let me rephase that, what kind of person will just say "die" and shot a ball that can break wall at another person, at ANY time? And just walk away, without laughing it as joke, with a total serious look. I definitely don't want to be friend with that person.
    Sanada says he wants crush his opponents. To crush someone would kill them. We dont bitch that Sanada uses such words lol.
    In this PoT series, Kirihara wanted to see blood and scream ''Let me dye you red''. Krauser says some deep stuff too.

Your reasons to hate Byoudouin are weak. Just say you personally dont like him which is fine.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 17, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your 1st String

Quote Quote:
    It's true, I hammer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Sanada says he wants crush his opponents. To crush someone would kill them. We dont bitch that Sanada uses such words lol.
    Yeah?

Although pair wise, Yukimura/Sanada crushes any other MS pair and probably HS pair.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 17, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

Correct, you dont know about me. I have a life and dont use my life to compare with a shounen DBZ Sports anime. It doesnt make sense to do so.
    Your telling me your HSers 2 years above you became your good friends? Cool story bro coz thats irrelevant to what I said.

Tokugawa and Yuki/Sanada went MS at the same time but were not in the same school so your paragraph is irrelevant.

You should break down your complaints to what I said. Dont do walls of text. They're annoying. Im breaking it down for you here.
    Its not hate logic. What does kohai's of the same school have to do with Tokugawa?

Tokugawa and Yukimura were MSers at the same time making what your saying invalid.

Your link states Tokugawa was playing since he was 5. You then say I am assuming way too much? What's with you? Im going by whats been given. So ACTUALLY I DO KNOW when he started playing tennis.
    You then say it doesnt apply to Tokugawa... Then what are you talking about lol?
    My… I wish you know how to actually read my post. I said this.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/3

He's training aboard. Now, I would excuse him for that rather than all other HS without the backstory. Why would someone who is training aboard care about a result of MS tournament? I don't. And I actually don't know anyone who does ever.
    He trained aboard until 1 year ago where he is called to U-17 camp. That's what I'm getting from that page. I think that excuse him for not knowing Sanada and Yukimura. And for that entire paragraph that you try to show that it doesn't apply to Tokugawa, I present this following sentence

Of course, you have no idea when some of them start playing tennis. What if he start playing HS 1st year, or he start at the beginning of his 2nd year? You are assuming way too much. This doesn't apply to Tokugawa, though.
    Yeah, it doesn't. Thanks for repeating what I state in paragraph that trying to make me say something I don't say.

Quote Quote:
    Dont confuse Tokugawa with Irie and Oni. They are Courtleaders who stayed behind to uplift the camp. We havent been told Tokugawa did that.
    He didnt ''power up'' Ryoma. Ryoma worked hard himself so he could defeat him. The best things he has done since his intro is tell Ryoma to go the mountain hell training and take a shot from Byoudouin and get tossed in the air like a fool.
    Point taken on Irie and Oni. But for the shot from Byoudouin and toss into air like a fool. He's taking a shot that can destroy wall instead of Ryoma.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/7

That's what I call moving in to protect Ryoma. I can call that a nice enough guy.

Quote Quote:
    Tanegashima is shown differently as he welcomes the 2nd year MSers from the Black Jersey brigade and stopped the embarrassment for the HSers. Tanegashima at leasted accepted a badge. Tokugawa is clearly above No.9 yet he has not accepted a badge other than No.1.
    Apparently, this is just a difference in what is acceptable for both of us. Shuuji doesn't stay behind because he want to raise level of the court. He stay and doesn't play for his freaking country because he hates airplane. And welcoming MS is… good because…? If he's not head coach (but he could be) then it doesn't matter. Stopping embarrassment the HS isn't something that impressive either. He just ask. Oni give his badge to someone else too. Why is it different with him? And Irie doesn't take a badge too, but it's pretty show that he can.

Quote Quote:
    Tanegashima stayed in the camp to protect his No.2 badge, Tokugawa has stayed a 2nd Stringer so that he is allowed to challenge Byoudouin. A completely selfish goal. Dont drag down Tanegashima to Tokugawa.
    No, he stay in the camp because he hate plane.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/48/7

Now, if you show me where he stay to protect his No. 2 badge…? And staying in the camp to protect his No. 2 badge is good because? Look like a coward if that were the case. But I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Quote Quote:
    Oni asked Momoshiro who he thinks he can kill with his piece of Jack Knife. The whole killing thing you shouldnt take seriously.

In this PoT series, Kirihara wanted to see blood and scream ''Let me dye you red''. Krauser says some deep stuff too.

Your reasons to hate Byoudouin are weak. Just say you personally dont like him which is fine.
    Weak? I don't understand why it's weak. Oni have good sportsmanship and make it clear that it is just a figure of speech. Same with Sanada.

I don't like Kirihara either. But he have decent personality outside his blood mode.

Byoudouin, on the other hand,

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/6

That's some nice friendly face he got there. I think it's more on hostile side, maybe it's just me. And after he shot 2 of ball that break wall at them?

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/69/4

Wow, how about at least stand around and talk a little of why you do it or sorry. Something that break a wall like that can probably break your bone or your neck. Such an awesome person.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it doesn't. Thanks for repeating what I state in paragraph that trying to make me say something I don't say.
    I asked, what are you trying to say lol. It didnt have anything to do with the post if it had nothing to do with Tokugawa.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Yeah?
    Yeah. I have no complaints that Sanada uses those words. Its fine. to crush is almost to kill.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late to me share my 1st String list?

Here I go:

No. 1 Houou
    No. 2 Shuuji
    No. 3 Kazuya
    No. 4 Oni
    No. 5 Ryoga
    No. 6 Irie
    No. 7 Atobe
    No. 8 Sanada
    No. 9 Akutsu
    No. 10 Fuji
    No. 11 Inui
    No. 12 Shiraishi
    No. 13 Yukimura
    No. 14 Niou
    No. 15 Akaya
    No. 16 Kaoru
    No. 17 Krauser
    No. 18 Tachibana
    No. 19 Eishirou
    No. 20 Echizen

And about doubles, I think it'll be choosen a little before official matches, and against each country it'll be a different combination.

I bet too it'll have at least 2 matches and after this, the representatives will return back to the training camp to defend their badges.
    Last edited by mystictapion; April 18, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@ mysticaption is Eichirou Kite Eishirou? I like your list btw. Shocked you also put Ryoma last lol.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@ mysticaption is Eichirou Kite Eishirou? I like your list btw. Shocked you also put Ryoma last lol.
    Sorry, corrected now! And Thanks! About the rankings, I wish it was like this, but not necessarily Ryoma is weaker than Eishirou or another player, but I think can have a situation like Irie, putting Ryoma in last position.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    Sorry, corrected now! And Thanks! About the rankings, I wish it was like this, but not necessarily Ryoma is weaker than Eishirou or another player, but I think can have a situation like Irie, putting Ryoma in last position.
    No way, only bad thing. Ryoma won't be last and Sanada won't be behind Atobe.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    No way, only bad thing. Ryoma won't be last and Sanada won't be behind Atobe.
    Like I said before, read again. And about Atobe and Sanada, I keep my position.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Im gonna make mine (No Hs for me!)

No. 1 Yukimura
    No. 2 Sanada
    No. 3 Ryoma
    No. 4 Atobe
    No. 5/No. 6 Kikumaru/Niou
    No. 7/No. 8 Kirihara/Shiraishi
    No. 9/No. 10 Momoshiro/Tachibana
    No. 11 Kintarou
    No. 12/No. 13 Marui/Kite
    No. 14 Fuji
    No. 15/No. 16 Yuushi/Inui
    No. 17 Akutsu
    No. 18/No. 19 Kaidoh/Hirakoba (vipers pair!)
    No. 20 Sengoku/Jirou (can´t decide :/)
    Last edited by Hardy; July 13, 2012 at 04:02 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Im gonna make mine (No Hs for me!)

No. 1 Yukimura
    No. 2 Sanada
    No. 3 Ryoma
    No. 4 Atobe
    No. 5/No. 6 Kikumaru/Niou
    No. 7/No. 8 Kirihara/Shiraishi
    No. 9/No. 10 Momoshiro/Tachibana
    No. 11 Kintarou
    No. 12/No. 13 Marui/Kite
    No. 14 Fuji
    No. 15/No. 16 Yuushi/Inui
    No. 17 Akutsu
    No. 18/No. 19 Kaidoh/Hirakoba (vipers pair!)
    No. 20 Sengoku/Jirou (can´t decide :/)
    I know this will break your heart, but Sengoku, Jirou and Im almost certain now for Yushi are forgotten bros lol.

They WERE awesome. But are yet to improve since Nationals. In Jirou's case, yet to improve since Regionals as far as we are concerned.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this will break your heart, but Sengoku, Jirou and Im almost certain now for Yushi are forgotten bros lol.
    Jiro maybe, Yushi almost definitely, but I am still holding onto Sengoku. I don't care what anyone says, Sengoku is gonna make a comeback.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Jiro maybe, Yushi almost definitely, but I am still holding onto Sengoku. I don't care what anyone says, Sengoku is gonna make a comeback.
    I think Yuushi has the best chance of those characters, actually. Jirou is pretty much dead in the water, though. He'll become relevant again around the same time as Yuta and Minami do. Sengoku has a decent chance, but he's also been marginalized for such a long time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

They WERE awesome. But are yet to improve since Nationals. In Jirou's case, yet to improve since Regionals as far as we are concerned.
    Yup, but you know I love the forgotten bros...
    Sengoku has always been considered in POT as a great player... that somehow always loses in important matches and doesn´t improve at all (that´s kinda unlucky).
    I don´t remember where I read that Jirou had Muga potential. Sadly, he is the biggest forgotten brother lol
    Yuushi is Hyotei´s second best player (don´t say ¨that´s Kabaji idiot -.-¨) , I´ll be very dissapointed if Konomi doesn´t give him some more screen time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    I don´t remember where I read that Jirou had Muga potential. Sadly, he is the biggest forgotten brother lol
    http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=296

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast