Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Your 1st String

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your 1st String

I don't wanna spoil you nor anything like that, but Sanada's match conclusion is already out, check the chapters 109, 110 and 111 thread.

From the wikia:

Spoiler show

Some people here work in the wikia, it has a ton of legit info (well, I'd say all of it lol) so I'd say that you should check it out if you can't find something.

Marui didn't get the spot, it's still Tohno's. Kabaji is out, Yukimura will leave, and Niou's status is unknown right now. Also, Kintarou might had returned his badge.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Your 1st String

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I don't wanna spoil you nor anything like that, but Sanada's match conclusion is already out, check the chapters 109, 110 and 111 thread.

From the wikia:

Spoiler show

Some people here work in the wikia, it has a ton of legit info (well, I'd say all of it lol) so I'd say that you should check it out if you can't find something.

Marui didn't get the spot, it's still Tohno's. Kabaji is out, Yukimura will leave, and Niou's status is unknown right now. Also, Kintarou might had returned his badge.
    Thanks for the info!
    I should have been more especific. Yes I read those chapters but it seems inetivable that Sanada will play Shuuji again(when he masters the triple clutch as he said). Same goes for Akutsu vs Tennis Jesus.

So it could be that Yukimura gives his spot to Sanada and Akutsu becomes Kuwamura's partner(although as I said I rather he leaves,maybe have his last match against his former friend and go train to become a Sushi chef like he said he would during the semi-finals).
    Making this list is hard. I still havent found spots for Shiraishi and Fuji...What to do,what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

No. 1: Byoduin
    No. 2: Shuuji
    No. 3: Oni
    No. 4: Ryoga
    No. 5: Kazuya
    No. 6: Atobe
    No. 7: Ryoma
    No. 8: Fuji
    No. 9-10: Marui/Niou
    No. 11: Sanada( Gets it from Yukimura)
    No. 12-13: Akutsu/ Shiraishi( Akutsu replaces Kabaji, Kuwamura leaves and Shiraishi takes his place)
    No. 14: Kintarou
    No. 15-No. 16: Jiroh/ Jackal
    No. 17: Inui( I'm pretty sure he is the one with the badge,right?)
    No.18-19: Momoshiro/ Kenya
    No. 20: Irie

Notes:
    - Even though the only 2 HS I like are Shuuji and Irie I still keep some since it would be kinda lame if the entire team is under 15.
    -No kirihara, Kaidou or Hiyoshi since they should focus on becoming captains of their school teams.
    -Akutsu/ Shiraishi so Shiraishi can do the same he did for Kirihara to Akutsu.

- Marui/Niou Are match together but they can work in ANY doubles team now. Niou seems to me like THE best doubles player right now. He can copy anyone it seems even down to their mental fortitude. He can syncro with any teamate PLUS he can syncro with his oponnents if he wants to. When it comes to doubles he seems to be 3 demons level.

-Jiroh/ Jackal: This one is out of preference but makes since on paper. Jackal can't just sit down and watch as his partner powers up like a trucker. And Jiroh's time has been a LONG TIME COMING!!! Since Jiroh is pretty much lazy Marui he and Jackal should have natural chemistry. Also Jiroh has 2 other things:
    A.) He can't be copied since he was born with his ability.
    B.) He is confirmed canditate for PoP since he truellly enjoys playing tennis from tha bottom of his heart.
    So there you go. Thoughts?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ganonslayer101's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

I was thinking something..........
    In my Opinion, now that I know that Irie was already likely a high rated player, i can see the new First String Shaping out like this. Like it would sort of reaarange itself to meet a place where everyone gets into a more comfortable place
    20. Shiraishi Kuranosuke (I think once Irie decides to regain his original position that everyone under him will move down so I think Kenya will take the spot and that Shiraishi will win it from him since I never really saw Shiraishi as all that strong after seeing him get walled by 3rd Court.)
    19. Oishi Shuichiro (I see Oishi getting dragged down into the ground since Niou left his side but I think with a Eiji pairing that he can remain within the First String)
    18. Kikumaru Eij (Since he keeps Oishi afloat plus he is actually a fairly good player in his own right I can see him this high)
    17. Masaharu Niou (While Niou is rediculously strong I can't put him to high because his best copy is of Kunimitsu "Glass-Arm" Tezuka and is likely to injure himself early in the game)
    16. Inui Sadaharu (I believe that Inui could take one of the Open Positions and Play doubles with Inui, the reason I put him this high is just because Number 17 was a single player spot) or Kaoru Kaido (I can see Kaido here as a replacement for Inui thanks to the Laser combo plus his stamina makes him pretty beast)
    15. Renji Yanagi (While I don't believe he deserves his position, I think he would make it if he played doubles with Inui) or Kirihara Akaya (I can see him reaching this level with his devil mode plus if he can reawaken Muga then who knows how powerful he can get)
    14. Shusuke Fuji (Everyone (Including me) is expecting him to reach this level and I can see him take a place here with his counters and closed eye to make his stand)
    13. Takeshi Momoshiro. (I see Momo moving really higher up thanks to BJK given that it gave Oni the #5)
    12. Kawamura Takashi (Since Taka couldn't actually win against Date or Ban, and now that Kabaji is gone, I see Taka working with Momo since they have doubles experience and they can be the Power Player Pair replacement for Ban and Date) or Gin Ishida (I can also see Gin working here given his strength, the only discrepensy is that I think Taka has higher endurance and now that Taka can hit 108, is he as strong as Gin?)
    11. Chitose Senri (The Muga master likely has some tricks under his sleeve and I want him here just so we can se one match where PoW definetly is worth being a Muga skill (It's either broken or Implied to be breakable in every match it has appeared in) or Tachibana Kippei (I am so sick of this character's fruitless hype, he doesn't deserve all the screen time he's gotten I need to see a full match with him to really see what he can do), (I have these two seperate because I don't see any fruit to the Beast Synchro and until we see solid evidence of what it is I have them seperate or else they replace Eiji and Oishi) Or Akutsu Jin since he was able to stop the #6 even though that guy is only good in doubles since you can't do Nitoryu in singles and his attack from anywhere style really makes him valuable) #11 is the Throw Up Spot here
    10. Atobe Keigo (I see Atobe remaining at his current level thanks to Atobe Kingdom and His Powerful Smashes)
    9. Kintaro Toyama (X ball strike, amazing strength, wild stamina, and PoP, Kin-Chan definitely ranks high but I don't see him as getting passed Ryoma or anyone above him right now)
    8. Genichirou Sanada (Sanada IMHO is a great character with stupidly OP skills that make no sense and are really not what you'd expect from someone so low, Black Aura and Rai get him this spot and Nothing else)
    7. Ryoma Echizen (While it may seem weird to have Ryoma so Low, I just can't put him higher in the current picture of everyone's abilities even with PoP)
    6. Duke Watanabe (He can Gently break 108 Hadyoku so I imagine he is powerful and he has great stats that I see him keeping a high spot and he starts the string of High School only territory)
    5. Irie Kanata (This is what I think was Irie's original place was so I think he'd reclaim it)
    4. Jujiro Oni (While I believe that he was the original #3 after Shuji made an appearance and Byoudin came back to defeat him, but I think Ryoga would be able to overcome him)
    3. Ryoga Echizen (I seem him as being equal to Shuji, but at the same time not being able to overcome him so he beats Oni and then gets stuck at 3 for eternal draws)
    2. Shuji Tanegashima (He can negate any special move, I think that is enough to warrant his current standing and then keep him there)
    1. Hoo Byoudin or Tokugawa Kakuya (For either of them I am not sure, I want Byoudin to win because he is the final boss but at the same time I don't want their leader to be an ass and Tokugawa really deserves revenge)

Any thoughts?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Ryoma has now GS, he should be in the top 5 position. Also, Ryoma might play with Ryoga just to regain his memories and then Ryoga gives him his No.4 badge and leaves so they can face each other in the future (international arc most likely)

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After thinking and new consideration I have Updated my list.
    19./18. Inui Sadaharu/ Yanagi Renji
    17. Ishida Gin or Shiraishi Kuranosuke
    16./15. Tachibana Kippei/ Chitose Senri
    14. Shusuke Fuji
    13./12. Kaoru Kaido/ Marui Bunta
    11. Akutsu Jin
    10./9. Atobe Keigo/ Masaharu Niou
    8./7. Genichiro Sanada/ Shuji Tanegashima
    6./5. Jujiro Oni/ Irie Kanata
    4. Kintaro Toyama
    3. Ryoma Echizen
    2. Tokugawa Kakuya
    1. Ryoga Echizen

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have a No.20 dude.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Number 20 should have been Momoshiro, don't know how that got erased

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada/Tanegashima pair and Marui/Kaidoh pair both sound pretty odd but its a strong side nonetheless.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Marui/Kaidoh isn't really odd (it's like a better Champion pair and a worse Kite/Marui pair).

But yeah Shuuji/Sanada came out of nowhere, but it could work out I guess.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Marui/Kaidoh isn't really odd (it's like a better Champion pair and a worse Kite/Marui pair).
    Why would it be better?
    Marui/Jackal have a ridiculously good partnership. I don't know if Kaidoh and Marui could work together just as well.
    Jackal's stamina exceeds Kaidoh's too. Kaidoh only has his amazing laser combo which is truly amazing, but can he support Marui as well as Jackal?.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We know that Jackal is faster and has better stamina, but Kaidoh's determination allows him not to stay behind at all (+he has better power). He certainly has his combo, that was praised A LOT in PoT and seemed unreturnable by Yanagi/Kirihara.

About him adapting to Marui... Who knows? Kite is a selfish bastard and it worked, I don't see why Kaidoh wouldn't work there. In fact, as far as I know, the Champion's pair team play was never something remarkable, they were just very good individually, one focused on defense and the other in the attack (you might come up with a page of X chapter that says the opposite... but I'll take that risk ). Contrary to pairs like GP, the Jimmies or even Shishido and Chotarou.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

About him adapting to Marui... Who knows? Kite is a selfish bastard and it worked, I don't see why Kaidoh wouldn't work there. In fact, as far as I know, the Champion's pair team play was never something remarkable, they were just very good individually
    Kite changed his person for the match completely though. Also, Kite's ability to use Shukuchiho in all directions more or less shits on anything Jackal and Kaidoh could possibly offer. Kite is a little too good of a player to compare him here.

I believe it was their partnership though since their ability to interchange between front and back or more notably Marui's ability to leap into defense and their abiltiy to decide who returns what(albeit Marui made it seem comical)

Kaidoh adapts to Inui well sure, but I've never been impressed by his Doubles prowess that much with Momoshiro for instance.

Only the Rikkai players seem to be able to have amazing teamwork with all of each other and still play Singles really well.

one focused on defense and the other in the attack (you might come up with a page of X chapter that says the opposite... but I'll take that risk ). Contrary to pairs like GP, the Jimmies or even Shishido and Chotarou.
    I could come with a page to challenge it but you make a good point.
    Marui/Jackal didn't seem to rely on formations like other pairs but that doesn't mean they didn't have perhaps the one of the best teamworks in the series.
    WoK and Data Pair don't rely on formations but are obviously ridiculously good pairs.

Btw, having determination in SPoT is mainstream now lol.
    Kaidoh no longer has that edge imho.
    Atobe, Niou, Kawamura, Momoshiro and too many others have spammed the unwavering determinatin thing so far.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm, yeah, Kite kinda sets the bar too high to make a decent comparission.

Kaidoh and Momo had that masks match (Nationals SF) that kinda showed some team play when they started using the others move (but it was very likely Momo's idea... he's actually a very good doubles player).

Dunno, I see Kaidoh as a player that just adapts to his partner. Not bad, but nothing really remarkable.

Also, the determination thingy was because Jackal has a freaking 1 in mental, lol, and even if Kaidoh has an average 3, his determination was mentioned plenty of times.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Also, now that there's a post questioning the MSers abilities, a 1st string that could do fairly well against them.

01. Ryoma (cause Ryoma)
    02. Sanada
    03. Atobe (uhm... yeah)
    04. Kintarou (should go to 5, but we've already seen that match)
    05. Yukimura
    06. Kite (teleporting instead of diving like Akutsu did would had helped a lot)
    07. Tachibana
    08. Chitose (asuming they have Wild Synchro)
    09. Inui
    10. Yanagi (Data pair is stronk)
    11. Akutsu (There's nothing to reflect)
    12. Shiraishi (strong enough to return Gin's Hadous)
    13. Kirihara (wildcard)
    14. Fuji (CE counters 14's serve)
    15. Kikumaru
    16. Niou (it worked once so...)
    17. Momoshiro (1 good BJK and it's over)
    18. Marui
    19. Kaidou (I didn't come up with anything better)
    20. Yuushi (Akiba sucks)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...
    Ryoma can't beat Byoudouin, Sanada can't touch Tanegashima, Atobe can't touch Duke,
    Kintaro VS Ryoga might be awesome if Kintaro can enter TnK on demand,
    Yukimura can't beat Oni with his AnS, Kite can't beat Ohmagari with such inferior stats,
    WoK with Synchro hangs in the balance but if Kimijima never went beyond 60% in his match then I worry even for WoK wild beast Synchro.
    Data Pair can't beat Ochi/Mouri but would give an excellent match I hope.

Akutsu has worse stats than Fuwa, but... I guess this would be an extremely exciting match.
    I don't know how Fuwa's "Mirror" would ruin Akutsu.

Shiraishi knows how to cancel Hadoukyuu's, but Date's Winter is superior to his Spring & Summer. And his Summer is ridiculous.
    Whatever Kawamura hit to destroy the floodlight was not a 108thHadoukyuu with all that spin on it lol.
    Kirihara? He would be way too inferior in this match.

Fuji's CE does counter Vanish. Fuji VS Hakamada is a good match.
    Kikumaru/Niou pair? Why not. Niou can destroy almost any Synchro pair from within so if Kikumaru > Oishi, and Niou/Oishi > Mutsu/Mutsu, I guess that's a certain victory.
    Momoshiro VS Mitsuya? I think it will take many BJK's but Momoshiro can probably beat Mitsuya.
    Marui/Kaidoh > Taira/Hara? How will either of them hit back Bakyuun?

Yuushi VS Akiba? Akiba has better stats... Yushi is quite shaky for me.

Your list would get eaten up by the HSers though lmao.
    (Nicest way possible bro)

New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast