Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

Chapter is out

Well, the fight goes on and Hongo seems to be defeated.
    Last edited by TemplateR; April 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

Wow, another AWESOME chapter.

Sure seems like Hongo is done for sadly :\

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wht i found most interesting about this chapter was how sakaki said "this is bad their on akisame's level" it really gives a bit of perspective on his strength instead of comparing akisame to jenezad its more liek hes comparing jenezad to akisame as if hes surprised hes as good as akisame.

And yeah i agree hongous probably done for i can see a sakaki interruption coming and since sakaki obviously has experience against those special grapples jenezads using he might have a better chance?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, poor Hongo. To think that the cause of this is the fact that he's at such a high level.

But then again, another one of Sakaki's friends, dying? I doubt Sakaki is going to sit there and let the same thing happen to him again. Sure, it's wrong or whatever in terms of martial arts, but this is different from chapter when he was fighting with Shigure. He's going to end up being "selfish" again, and try to save Hongo's life IMO.

As for the Akisame comparison, it's actually different as far as I can see. Akisame is doing it for the sake of throws since he doesn't want to kill his opponent. For Jenezad, he's aiming at just about any vital area, but it's in a way where the only way for Hongo to dodge is to crash down like that. Hongo is perfectly aware of what he's doing, while in the Alexander fight, he thought he was being thrown.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is possible (and perhaps likely) that hongo managed to hurt junazard while taking severe damage however I think it is quite clear how grossly outclassed he is right now. Not a few weak ago kenichi could barely comprehend the fight between hongo and sakaki and now we are to believe he can see the movements of junazard even after taking a severe beating from miu and the expert guy? I think the fact that kenichi can read the fight means that not only junzard is actually far from going all out but also that even at such a level hongo is still not match for the guy. Akira need to land a serious hit in order for sakaki to have a chance though, I think he is going to pull that off at the cost of at least dislocating his arms and legs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hongou is da man! Amazing adaptation skills...I think he gonna win this one,Jenezad become ignorant and underastimate his opponent...i bet its gonna be one of his "kicks" or something...Akira gonna drop the defense and go for "counter-attack" style...atleast i hope for it)
    Oh and i doubt Sakaki will fight Silcardo here, two master-level fights in a raw is highly unlikly...
    p.s.
    Wasnt actualy expect a chapter,but its good we got one ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Jenezad wasn't lying when he said he could take on the both of them his power is SCARY I would of never have thought that his grappling skills are on the level of Akisame's this is incredible and his speed is ridiculous the way he managed to appear behind Hongou in his blind-spot on pg 14. He is clearly being outclassed now that Jenezad is going for the kill. I believe he'll manage to injure Jenezad at least once in the next chapter, but things are definitely not looking good for him. Hongou is losing mobility and speed every time he dislocates a limb soon he wont be able to keep up with Jenezad. I see why the Elder had difficulty fighting him he's extremely dangerous. I don't see how Sakaki will be able to defeat him if Hongou dies in the next chapter; Karate is not particularly strong against grappling and throwing techniques in general they're both at a big disadvantage. Akisame should of came with Sakaki to retrieve Miu. Perhaps the Elder will show up soon.

p.s; It would cool to see Jenezad fight Akisame seeing as the both of them are skilled in grappling moves.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was far more in line with what I had expected from a battle between Hongo and Jenezad. Jenezad had already been hyped to be on a level comparable to the Elder, a class above most of the other masters of Yami and Ryozanpaku. Sakaki was surprised that Jenezad's grappling ability was on par with Akisame's. Akisame's style is based on grappling moves while Jenezad's is not. Honestly, I don't see how Kenichi and the others escape without further external intervention. Maybe it's soon time for the Elder to make an appearance. A battle between the Elder and the Demon Fist would be on an entirely different level from what we've seen so far.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it wouldn't make sense for hongo to win this one. I think this is the perfect opportunity for sakaki to use his sure kill move which hongo mentioned against an opponent who would likely not die from it. All he needs is for hongo to deal some damage so that sakaki has an edge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter but I'm worried about Hongo since he is one of my favorite OSNF master.

It would be awesome if Saiga interrupted and said that Junazad has gone too far in trying to kill one of the nine fists. Then we can proceed to a epic fight. But that is very unlikely so Elder should substitute for Saiga. After Sakaki gets beaten of course.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang it there God Hand! My heart skipped a beat each page!

Akira is clearly outmatched but the guy can´t lose just like that, a good (and I mean good) blow next chapter can give my favourite Yami a decent loss. I will trust you to the bitter end.

hehehe... Kenichi used the suffix "san" for Hongou, he is now closer to him?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Im also getting a little annoyed with matsuena how he keeps alternating kenichis "strength/level" Ok so hes able to see through this fight which apparently not even the sword master was really capable of, but a few chapters earlier he got absolutely thrashed by miu. To make matters worse he then fought pengulu and was completely outranked however it really did seem to me like if it was a 1 on 1 fight miu would of stood a better chance than ken would have however it was ken who defeated him and when miu asked ken to use the korui nuki it was like it was obvious that ken should be the one to attack him as if his strength were on a higher level than hers. Just for the record it annoys the shit out of me how miu like never gets hurt only her clothes get ripped like pengulu didnt even land one hit on her but he destroyed ken common matsuena were not children we can handle some female violence. I dunno its just relly confusing for me i dont know how everyone else feels but i basically come on these threads to vent so yeah sorry if its annoying.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    Im also getting a little annoyed with matsuena how he keeps alternating kenichis "strength/level" Ok so hes able to see through this fight which apparently not even the sword master was really capable of, but a few chapters earlier he got absolutely thrashed by miu. To make matters worse he then fought pengulu and was completely outranked however it really did seem to me like if it was a 1 on 1 fight miu would of stood a better chance than ken would have however it was ken who defeated him and when miu asked ken to use the korui nuki it was like it was obvious that ken should be the one to attack him as if his strength were on a higher level than hers. Just for the record it annoys the shit out of me how miu like never gets hurt only her clothes get ripped like pengulu didnt even land one hit on her but he destroyed ken common matsuena were not children we can handle some female violence. I dunno its just relly confusing for me i dont know how everyone else feels but i basically come on these threads to vent so yeah sorry if its annoying.
    Miu's style depends on her dodging attacks and counter attacking. She was raised by the Elder and had 5 extra supermasters always giving her eye training with their superspeed.

Her body is pretty fragile vs Kenichi's tank like body that can take blows thanks to Ryozanpaku's torture I mean training. In fact, Kenichi's tank like body is the reason he even won the battle against Shou. Not to mention she doesn't have armor like Kenichi either.

There is plenty of female violence if you go back to Valkyrie vs Freya and other matches such as the masters vs females but this isn't a seinen manga where that is more common.

Also for the record, I would say Kenichi is more than halfway to Tanaka's level of expertise now. He just needs to work on his eyes to see moves more clearly and of course keep getting stronger.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Miu's style depends on her dodging attacks and counter attacking. She was raised by the Elder and had 5 extra supermasters always giving her eye training with their superspeed.

Her body is pretty fragile vs Kenichi's tank like body that can take blows thanks to Ryozanpaku's torture I mean training. In fact, Kenichi's tank like body is the reason he even won the battle against Shou. Not to mention she doesn't have armor like Kenichi either.

There is plenty of female violence if you go back to Valkyrie vs Freya and other matches such as the masters vs females but this isn't a seinen manga where that is more common.

Also for the record, I would say Kenichi is more than halfway to Tanaka's level of expertise now. He just needs to work on his eyes to see moves more clearly and of course keep getting stronger.
    Yeah i do agree with you on miu's fighting style however i really dont think one style of fighting should outweigh another if you get what i mean? like thats basically saying miu is more reliable against higher level opponents because shes fast enough to dodge and counter their moves but kens screwd cause he cnt keep up i feel like his style is more like defensive/blocking etc based hence the tekkou obviously hes no where near as quick or agile as her whether that changes as he becomes stronger we'll see (perhaps the next training with the elder will increase his speed?) but i dunno man i just found it odd he could comprehend the hongou vs jenezad fight in this chapter i'd like to think hes improved since the sakaki vs hongou fight since its been presumably over a month since it occurred in manga time lol but unless matsuena gives us rock solid evidence of this im not convinced till then ill just say its him being sloppy.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Miu fighting style outweighs Kenichi's . BUT I'd like to just say that Miu outweighs Kenichi as a Martial Artist, she's able to fight higher level opponents better than Kenichi can because she has been watching Masters fight since she was a child, and add her speed she's able to notice what her opponents are up to, dodge and counterattack them. And don't forget she has " Talent " which allows her to adapt to her opponents and fight against them easier. And don't forget about that beastly strength she has, thanks to the Elder training her attacks are considerably stronger than Kenichi's at the point in time. Most notably her kicks(Leg Strength). Also you have to factor in that her heart is much stronger which allows her to utilize her techniques better than he can. So add all of that together makes her stronger than kenichi. The only thing he really has on her is the endurance .

And about Kenichi being able to see through the fight, it's obvious that from watching all of those Master Class fights so far he's racking up on his observation skills. And it might be a little odd he could see through things that the sword master couldn't. Just because he's a MC doesn't mean he has a lot of experience in watching SMC fights, but Kenichi does......

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast