Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will be the last one standing?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sage Naruto

6 46.15%
  • Sage Kabuto

6 46.15%
  • Sage Jiraiya

1 7.69%
  • A double KO with the final two.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Way Sage Battle

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Three Way Sage Battle

Combatants: Naruto vs Kabuto vs Jiraiya.

Conditions:
    - All contestants are at full health and current strength.
    - They all start in Sage Mode.
    - Naruto can only use his cloaked version six tails and down, and can only control the three tail and below versions.
    - Jiraiya has Ma and Pa already summoned.
    - Everyone has basic knowledge, but lack deeper knowledge of their opponent's abilities, i.e. the techniques Jiraiya gains from Ma and Pa, and Kabuto's sage techniques.
    - Jiraiya and Naruto can't summon the same toad, and any toad they summon will only have loyalty for them.
    - Kabuto can use Edo Tensei, but he only has two available for use and can only summon one at a time. Obviously Madara, Nagato, Itachi, Nidaime Mizukage, and Muu are forbidden. Every other Edo summon is allowed.

Goal: Last person standing wins.

So who wins?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Way Sage Battle

If Edo Tensei is allowed, then Kabuto will win. You dind't put the Third Raikage in the rules for example, and we have people like Hanzou, Sasori, Deidara, who can change the fate of battle.

I think we should block the ability to use Edo Tensei, so Kabuto would rely on his own powers, since Jiraiya and Naruto didn't displayed sealing techinques.

The same way that Orochimaru + Edo Hokages could take on almost anyone in the Manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I figured that not only could Naruto easily create enough clones to keep an Edo summon occupied, but both him and Jiraiya could simply summon a toad to reverse summon them away. In addition, most of those Edo summons can't really go all out with Kabuto right there on the field. So things do seem balance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea edo tensei needs to be taken out, because kabuto is still OP. if edo is out I give it to jiraiya with ma n pa because of the genjutsu, but kabuto has shown genjutsu invasion abilities so... Then naruto also has some impressive attacks in sage mode. Well imma just go jiraiya because of his versatility with ma n pa

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

With Edo Tensei as a condition Kabuto takes the battle; their are any number of individuals who would significantly increase the probability of his victory. If Kabuto is allowed to use Edo Tensei, Kabuto vs Naruto and Jiraiya would be more balanced.

The only way I see a somewhat contested battle is if Kabuto is more restricted in his Edo Tensei, or he is unable to utilise it at all.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder... Does Muki Tensei actually super-charge the land the way it does a person? If so then the rocks and such that Kabuto takes control of an likely injure Jiraiya and Naruto despite them being in Sage Mode.

Eitherway, I still give Kabuto the win even without ET, thanks to regenerative powers in addition to the ability to turn into liquid to escape all of their big powerful jutsu. So far, Naruto's the only one shown to go back to normal after using his trump card twice in a row, and if Kabuto were to figure that out, then he can wait for his power to run down before stunning them both with ... whatever Flash Bang no Jutsu is called. They can sense attacks coming, but they'll still be pretty banged up from the explosive disruption, giving Kabuto a chance to rush in and screw one of them over.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I wonder... Does Muki Tensei actually super-charge the land the way it does a person? If so then the rocks and such that Kabuto takes control of an likely injure Jiraiya and Naruto despite them being in Sage Mode.

Eitherway, I still give Kabuto the win even without ET, thanks to regenerative powers in addition to the ability to turn into liquid to escape all of their big powerful jutsu. So far, Naruto's the only one shown to go back to normal after using his trump card twice in a row, and if Kabuto were to figure that out, then he can wait for his power to run down before stunning them both with ... whatever Flash Bang no Jutsu is called. They can sense attacks coming, but they'll still be pretty banged up from the explosive disruption, giving Kabuto a chance to rush in and screw one of them over.
    I can only guess that Rasenshuriken would be too much for Kabuto to regenerate, since it destroy matter in a molecular level, and even if Kabuto dodge it, it would explode, just like with Pain. But there still the possibilite of him surviving that, but I'm counting that it will hit him, and which is pretty much unlikeable.

Sage Wise, I think Kabuto would win, because of his regenarative abilities and liquifiying, but if Naruto enters in 6-Tailed mode, he would pretty much blows up all. Even Kusanagi could not scratch the 4-Tailed Cloak, and Orochimaru(who could be cut in half) said he would not survive the Bijuu Daama.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I believe Naruto would win. He has the advantage of numbers and can literally form an army of Sage clones. With his sensory ability, he would be able to keep track of where Jiraiya and Kabuto both are. And the FRS should easily take any Edo summon involved off the field long enough for it not to be a problem. Worst case, Naruto summons one of the toads and have them reverse summon it off the field. Kabuto also should be easy to deal with using a FRS. With Naruto's tricks, he should be able to land a hit, since we've seen that's possible with Kabuto distracted.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto wins because of Kyuubi. Jiraiya is better than Naruto in Sage Mode, and Kabuto looks to be hard to destroy, but Sage Mode and Kyuubi Mode Naruto would be too strong for either of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since its a Sage-Mode battle I'am going to assume no Kyuubi-Mode for Naruto?

If thats the case then Kabuto should win imho.

Gamaken, Gamahiro and Gamabunta will be busy just surviving against Manda II, so they are hardly any factor in this battle, regardless of who summons them.

As soon as Naruto holds a Rasenshuriken in his hand Kabuto is going to use Hakugeki... Naruto loses his focus and the Rasenshuriken goes *poof*. I'd even go so far to say, at that point its already more or less over for Naruto, since he's stuned and open to attack. Itachi just barely managed to save Sasuke by somehow squeezing out an incomplete Susanoo, something he could only do thanks to a prediction based on his insight into human nature. Naruto doesn't have both of those things, so he'll take a heavy hit while his defenses are down.

Jiraiya is kind of in the same boat. As soon as he attempts the Toad Song, Kabuto is going to interrupt it with Hakugeki. Hiding isn't an option because Kabuto with his senses can easily track him down anywhere. However, unlike Naruto, Jiraiya can at least defend himself by using his hair... and I'am not even joking this time. The situation should be compareable to this, so the hair would provide a valid defense.

But even keeping that in mind, I don't think Jiraiya has anything else which would be particularly threatening... Senpou: Goemon probably... but I'am giving Kabuto enough credit to get the hell out of there before the oil reaches him.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Naruto wins because of Kyuubi. Jiraiya is better than Naruto in Sage Mode, and Kabuto looks to be hard to destroy, but Sage Mode and Kyuubi Mode Naruto would be too strong for either of them.
    Wait what?
    Wasn't Naruto the only perfect sage? Maybe you meant that Jiraiya can stay endlessy in sage mode while Naruto can't.

As for the fight I too believe Kabuto to be the winner, even though, if Naruto goes all out from the beginning, it would be a close fight, since even with his powers of regeneration I doubt Kabuto can regenerate a spam of Oodama Rasengans. Other than that, Kabuto showed little prowess in the close range department, since his attacks evidently lacks the augmented power Naruto has ( Itachi not only blocked Kabuto's strike with a sword, but he wasn't even blown away, they simply separated ).
    Still his Hakugeki ( if I remember the name right, the flash bang thing ) is most difficult to deal with for both Jiraiya and Naruto ( even though with Naruto's sensing abilities he should be able to sense Kabuto regardless ), and his Muki Tensei is actually a very powerful jutsu, since it would easily dispatch Naruto's clones, unless they start to go in the air like against Kyuubi.

Add to the equation Jiraiya and his overpowered ninjutsu and it is actually a closer call than expected... I give Kabuto the win thanks to Edo Tensei, unless Naruto goes apeshit on them with 6-tails.
    The only attack that managed to even graze him in that state was Chibaku Tensei, and neither Jiraiya nor Kabuto have an attack even comparable imho

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget that we previously saw that healing from the regular Rasengan took quite a chunk of chakra out of Kabuto before. So healing from the stronger variations should also take a toll on him. And as long as Naruto has some clones out, he should be able to avoid being attacked if Kabuto uses his Hakugeki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While thats true, hiting Kabuto with a Rasengan would be far from easy. His movements always where pretty skilled and efficient, and now with those Sage Mode boosts and his heightened senses, which allow him to dodge even something as fast as Sasuke's Susanoo arrow while not even looking, I have my doubts about a Rasengan scoring a clean hit without incapacitating Kabuto somehow beforehand.

Lets not forget Kabuto dodged even Itachis sword swing at close range and while being distracted by the crows... Itachi is one of the fastest and most skilled characters around and even has the luxury of Sharingan movement prediction, so thats quite a feat if you ask me... slaming a Rasengan into his gut will be one hell of an effort.
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I give it to kabuto. Kabuto is a 3 man immortal army by himself, the ET make no sense in this fight. This is something I have brought up in other threads about kabuto:

- As a normal human he was about as strong as kakashi
    - His absorbing of orochimaru's remains made him stronger by quite a bit and gave him a reasonably hard to kill body.
    - Sage mode is an enormous boost at the very least. His already snake like body turns further into a snake. Snakes have enhanced senses which snakes enjoy meaning kabuto's already snakelike body and senses are enhanced to the point of stupidity when he can fight with his eyes closed.
    - On top of everything he has suigetsu's intangible body and karin's chakra constantly regenerating, even if his body is somehow hurt it will regenerate pretty fast which is quite bad considering merely absorbing orochimaru's remains should have made him considerably harder to kill than normal humans to say the very least.

It's barely a matter of skill here, kabuto is effectively immortal and to a great extent has a degree of immunity to actual physical damage. I don't think rasengan can kill him at all and his sage arts have evidently surpassed those of naruto and jiraiya. Heck, kabuto can effectively force matter alive and use it to attack, that is an entire step ahead of doton. The worst part about this is that all of the previous points about kabuto's strength don't even take into consideration the ET, I honestly don't think jiraiya or naruto would win even without them. I guess a biju bomb could actually hurt kabuto (as it did suigetsu) but kabuto still has considerable chakra from his sage mode and regeneration meaning that is unlikely to deal significant long term damage. Give kabuto immortal ET and the fight should even be an easy one considering naruto and jiraiya are also going to be killing each other while kabuto has 2 kage level team mates of his choice.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Draw. Naruto eventualy goes 6 tails and kills them all aside from ET (he can't those) then when he goes back to normal he dies from the ET left alive.

PS. Bijudama would finish Kabuto even in his water mode. Waterboy was left KO'ed even if he had a lake to back him up.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast