Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1096

Thread: Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FINAL] Bakuman 176 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    176 chapters and you still don't remember the name of the heroine.

I think that just goes to show how little she had to do with the plot. Or how bad your memory is. Either one.
    LOL It could be those things, or it could be that she's usually referred to as "Azuki" and not "Miho."

MIho aZUKI combined does give you "Mizuki" though... XD XD XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like one more chapter would have be better, I think.

I want to see Life after marriage+others life goes on chapter. Hoping I'll see that once I buy the volume version, which I do of every manga I read online.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

If I didn't say I was disappointed that it ended right where the good part begins, I would be lying.

I do respect Ohba and Obata's way of wrapping it up, they really went full-circle with it, and I still enjoyed it because it had meaning. But for me, what I like most about in Bakuman is the cast. You really do get attached to them over the weeks and months of endlessly following this series. So I was really looking forward to a wedding ceremony because it's the only scenario where everybody can be in one place at the same time. And although I do like the romance when it pops up, while few and far in between, it wasn't what ultimately got me reading this series (because in hindsight, it was a bit weak). I still remember my ex introducing me to Bakuman and I kinda shrugged it off after reading the synopsis and first chapter (at the time, it just came out I think).

But after a while when more and more chapters were out I went back to give it another go out of boredom and needing a new manga to read, I was hooked on to it. The "action" was fast paced, the chemistry between the characters were enjoyable, and it triggered that "this is really interesting" intangible feeling because it was quite different from the usual stuff we got. Which is why I say, for me, Bakuman is manga first romance second. And because of that point, while the ending was enjoyable, it wasn't as epic as I had hoped.

I would even go as far as say, as another member mentioned, that it felt rushed upto the ending. I'm not saying there could've been more arcs, but some scenes could definitely have been stretched a bit more or given more panels. One example in my mind is the win over Eiji (I didn't finish that debate with you, OME, but oh well). Another would be Reversi's anime, probably. Honestly, we spent 80% of the manga fixated on the trials and hardship that is the manga industry and then in the final moments we fast forward to a romantic scene and it's done?

On the flipside, I guess the ending also serves as a reminder that the entire plot of Bakuman was really that simple (metaphorically speaking), and it just shows how talented Ohba and Obata are to make even the most simple plots refreshing and capture our attention for all these years. Haha. ^ ^

Quote Quote:
    Wait, but Bakuman didn't have a one shot, right?
    I don't think so, wasn't the first chapter like 98179834 pages long? =/
    -

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member trunterzx's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though on the overall it was quite a good chapter, I still think it's inappropriate to leave out Takagi totally in the last chapter.

Remember when they made the promise? Takagi was also there. And it's actually all because of Takagi that they could start the dream of being a mangaka and make the promise with Azuki. Mashiro didn't even want to do it first without Takagi's persuasion! And all the while they have been working TOGETHER to make Mashiro and Azuki's dream come true. So at the moment when it finally came true, I feel a bit sorry for Takagi that he's being left out...

Well but on the whole, it's still a great manga!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member D.Blue's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this series from the very beginning and it feels a little sad to know it's over. These last few years I've been through college, two jobs and a lot of first-time experiences as I ventured forth into adult life.

Just like Mashiro, I guess. My journey towards my goal might still not be over, but it's nice to see Mashiro accomplishing his own. Bakuman's been a specially motivating series for me and I'm grateful to Ohba and Obata for working together on it.

Now that they're done, it's time for Oh&Ob to create a real version of Reversi next. I'm deadly serious.
    Have you ever tried to install Windows on your computer using a USB stick? ...It's painful.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman... you will be sorely missed

While I do wish that the chapter would've been longer, that last double page more than made up for the brevity!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

basically, this was a love story revolved around anime and manga in a sense. very clever.

I have to read all these chapters over again. great read, peace, Bakuman.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok well lets just say it ended good period but....
    This is how I would ended it
    This chapter is good so it would be the same but after this chapter it would be good to see everybody in the wedding hiramaru talking with aoki about getting a panda bed and a slim nakai meets aoki sister just to make an ass of himself, fukuda makes a pass on iwase(cause the both are kind of the same personality) iwase blushes, eiji is eating a lot but suddenly he sees something and starts drawing maniacally and screams I got the perfect idea. The editors are there playing a game and hattori wins.
    Mashiro Grandparent gets close to mashiro and says to him:
    "I saw the ferrari outside... so you actually did it huh.His dreams came true through you*

In the table with kaya takagi mashiro and azuki, takagi starts speaking for a toast saying he is honored to be mashiro and azuki best man and congratulates them. And in the end he shouts "we are ASHIROGI MUTO" the three of them(and kaya) hug each other CREDITS
    And yes everybody is invited even iwase

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a nice ride... glad to have followed it with faith since chapter 1.
    it was definitely not a masterpiece, but it showed us a little more about the mango world which we love, and for that I am thankful.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinds surprised you guys are surprised this is final chapter, i actully expected it after seeing all those random scenes in last chepter, there was no other point for them then this.

Kind of sad, they could roll it for longer, but on other hand looking how Bakuman story timeline was fast (176 ch. = 10 years!) it would be odd that they didn't get anime yet

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    I kinds surprised you guys are surprised this is final chapter, i actully expected it after seeing all those random scenes in last chepter, there was no other point for them then this.
    Can't blame them. We all knew the final chapter was near, but the majority were expecting a wedding you see, not ending right at the proposal. D:
    -

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i really have a lot of questions about the ending

so now they will get married because the is what they promised to each other
    -----> miho's mother likes that idea even miho's sister > what about the dad? is he sure that he will accept Mashiro?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point. We still haven't seen her dad. or Moritaka's dad....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    176 chapters and you still don't remember the name of the heroine.

I think that just goes to show how little she had to do with the plot. Or how bad your memory is. Either one.
    what is even worse, is that i just finished reading the chapter when i wrote that
    Quote Originally Posted by YukirinFan View Post
    LOL It could be those things, or it could be that she's usually referred to as "Azuki" and not "Miho."

MIho aZUKI combined does give you "Mizuki" though... XD XD XD
    thank you for trying to defend the undefendable
    as kaya thought of ashirogi muto, since i always found kaya way more practical i maybe mixed miho's name accordingly, who knows

For me, Bakuman will stay Legendary material because of the inside view of the shonen jump world. Now we all know why mangaka's life is so hard, and how much merit they have, entertaining us !

Plus, the whole Death Note dragging along because of the editor, which is obviously the reference to the last arc anime deal in Bakuman. Author shall always have the choice to realise proper ending. Nothing good can come out of forcing yourself, when your soul is just no longer there...
    Last edited by HumanRage; April 24, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The final chapter wasn't as disappointing as some of you say it is, it seems like an okay ending to me. Of course I was a bit disapponted, but I've always thought that they wouldn't go into the details of their relationship like a wedding or honeymoon, it's a shonen manga that doesn't really focus on romance. One chapter about them finally having their dreams come true and having their first kiss to seal it. The author probably wanted to do that, end it the way they started it.

The things I was mostly disappointed about was that they didn't show anyone else other than Mashiro and Azuki. I wished they had a chapter before that or even after that focused on the other characters. It would have been nice to see more of Hiramaru and Aoki xD, Hiramaru is definitely my favorite character. Their wedding would have been full of lol's, I wanted to see what happens between Nakai and Aoki's older sister. I kept on thinking that she would end up being some fat girl like him. Oh, and also more of team Fukuda of course, Fukuda and the gang always made the story better imo.

It kinda seems unfair not having Takagi appear in the final chapter. He's a main character too, but I guess mashiro took up more importance. Well he didn't have much to do with the dream of Mashiro and Azuki getting together, but he was there. He could have at least had a panel or something. >.>

Overall, I'm not too disappointed in it, I'm just too excited to see Obha and Obata's next work. ^_^ I'm hoping it's more of a non-mainstream battle manga like Reversi, with more psychological warfare (never used this term until bakuman, lol). They were able to think up tons of good ideas during Bakuman, I'm sure they can make another grand hit. They're like Ashirogi Muto, they don't want one long manga, they want to make a bunch of short great hits.

New Reply
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast