Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thank you, Bakuman.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank you, Bakuman.

I love all of it. I was watching imagine-nation on NHK a few years ago, and they used to do this manga ranking at the beginning of the show. One day, Bakuman volume 1 was at the top, and they gave a brief explanation of what it was about. I was in awe, back then I only read Naruto (which got me into manga) and Bleach. But, I was desperately in search for something different, something more 'slice-of-life'. Bakuman was it. The story, the characters, the cliffhangers, how the characters grew from boys to men. I'm crying typing this. Bakuman is the best manga I have read, I am so sad to see it end.

My favourite moment was when Azuki was is tears about the ecchi book they asked her to do and how Mashiro stopped everything he was doing just to go see her and comfort her, and when he announced that he wanted to be the first person to see her I was so happy and emotional. Every manga had it's flaws and to be honest I hated the Naminine arcs, but as a whole, Bakuman will always be special to me.

I knew no one in person who read this manga, and I was so frustrated that I couldn't debate with someone about a particular chapter, or a plot element I wasn't too happy about. Then, I found this forum, I met cool users like OtakuMode, Saladesu, FrostyMouse and Knifeshade. We debated, theorised, argued and discussed the manga to it's fullest. I loved it.

It gave me something to look forward to in the week. And at times, it made my week.

Thank you Obha and Obata, carry on the good work.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner crocca's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Just registered to write this.

Bakuman is my favorite manga and I'm in two minds over it ending. Happy it didn't out stay it's welcome and that it ended on a good note. Yet I'm also sad it had to end at all (I admit a tear may have been shed)! Every week for four years, from the very first chapter, I've had Bakuman to look forward to. And sometimes it was the only thing that I had to look forward to. It's really inspirational and a great motivator. I can't wait to see what Ohba and Obata create next.

So yeah, thanks Bakuman.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

It really warms my heart to see other people that feel so strongly about it. I think that while it's a manga that didn't attract as many people as Death Note, it's certainly a manga that is easier to hold dear in your heart. It's such a fantastic emotional journey.

I don't even know what to say anymore. It has all been said, I guess. I just love it. Thank you, Bakuman.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Suicune123 I feel much the same. I found MangaHelpers after reading such an exciting chapter of Bakuman that I couldn't wait for the next to be released, and sunk to the level of spoilers. I found those spoilers here, but more importantly, I found the community of people who loved Bakuman just as much as I did, who praised complained and argued the things that I had thought existed in my head alone. When I first arrived, I admit I was a bit annoying, posting massive walls of text responding to each and every person in essay-like format -I apologize especially to FrostyMouse in this regard- but I truly love discussing Bakuman with everyone. FrostyMouse became my greatest and most valued opponent; I often agreed with Sekida and Suicune and we used each others arguments to build up our own, but when we disagreed, I put all my energy into shredding them up... and it wasn't always easy; Knifeshade, what with his summaries and translations, became a sort of religious figure to me, and if he ever started a cult, I'd be his first and strongest follower; Alphabeta introduced me to reviews and it was so much fun; and finally, blade5468 became a comrade who I hope to collaborate a masterpiece with. Thank you all so much for sharing Bakuman with me, it was an amazing ride and I loved it all!
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; April 19, 2012 at 05:00 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Bakuman for showing me how hard, sad and joyful a mangaka's-life is
    Thank you for the best kiss in the history of manga
    Thank you for Crow, ZombieGun! Seiji no Mikata, PCP. +Natural , Reversi and all the other stories I was never able ot read but still loved as if I read them every week
    Thank you for the last 3 years, I'll miss you and already love the next story your creators will share with us
    Last edited by Raijatsu; April 23, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's make sure the Bakuman community of this forum stick together when Obha and Obata work on their next project!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can truthfully say we know by the reception of Bakuman's last chapter that it was a master piece. After all, if anyone read the post about Mahou Sensei Negima's last chapter, there is simply no comparison... This is how you end a Manga!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nickzerz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really really good! That was really amazing, and I feel the same way about Bakuman, wish I could draw. I have been wanting to make manga for awhile, cant though so I really get in a stump and have to write my novels, it just doesin't have the same feel for me though. I wish you luck!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The ending was kinda abrupt, but I look forward to their next manga!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Thank you for sharing such great info with us.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2