Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: The Castle - The Entrance (Part 1)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts The Castle - The Entrance (Part 1)

The Entrance

Bats flew out of the trees. It seemed that they were last sign of life before the grim fog surrounding the castle took in. Slowly, they reached the tip of the mountain. It was all but a bridge that binds reality and fantasy now. Or so some were thinking. It is not that fantasy was not already present in the world they were leaving. Some came from far, some came from closer, all were thinking that they were going on an adventure! Something was a miss, what kind of an adventure is that filled with horror? How can it even be an adventure? These questions and much more were hitting the merry crew of adventurers as they went along the bridge.

Nothing will even be the same, nothing! Such thoughts were not even needed, they already left one nightmare to step into another. They already left one battle to go fight another, they already saw blood and now are hungry for more! Who were they? Well, to the best of the knowledge of the world they were known as The Group, for all that is sacred let them remain nameless! Otherwise we would have to insult them, no, no, such language and descriptions would not fit, never! Sadly, they will tell their own story and you will see, no need to set up a path of glory for a killer, no need to set up a red carpet for a monster. Although I call for caution dear reader, before you make the assumption that they are all evil, read this story with an open mind!

And so it was a bridge, standing amid the air on a gloomy day such as that, that these merry men set foot toward an evil place we shall not describe yet! One of them stood out, at least to him he did! Ah yes, Mio, is that him among the heads on the bridge? Yes, yes, hello Mio! You are looking really pretty today, ah, pardon, handsome, oh no? Well you are as grim as ever I see, how is life? Killing? Doing something useful? Well look no further if you want that, remember those bats that you left behind? Yeah, those that were flying out of the trees, here they are:
    Spoiler show

Don't worry, don't worry dear sir! You are about to go into battle with one of the worst creatures ... at least before the ones in the castle, but I fear not for you my hero, oh my hero! What words of flattery I must use to describe your fall here and now?! Oh never forget! Never forget that you must not anger mother EARTH, never!

Spoiler show

Spoiler: OOC show
    Last edited by Josef K.; April 17, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Castle - The Entrace (Part 1)

Mio smiled bitterly as he saw the giant bats come down upon him and his companions as hail. His companions seemed rather surprised at he sudden attack but he wasn't. He's heard the stories about the Castle and the mother (mother Earth) who was attacking anyone who sought to enter but he actually never suspected bats. Now, he thought, I've seen everything. (How wrong he was).

The bats were many, but not organised. Like most animals they attacked as they seemed fit, dropped down, clawed, then ascended back up. Mio knew that his best chance was to wait until the bats who wanted to attack was a bit too close to him, he then raised his left arm and protected himself with the bracer/glove he has had extra reinforced because of his raven and then used his sword with only his right hand to stick the bats before rolling away and preparing for the next strike. All around him his "companions" were struggling, killing, trying not to get injured, then killing some more, but he didn't care about them. All he wanted was to slay these beasts and continue his way towards the Castle be it with or without them.

A song from his childhood started to play in his head as he worked his way with the bats, a song about the Hervarar saga. As his sword was glowing strangely pink from the white aura and red blood he was doing his utmost to make sure he stayed unhurt and muttered about the invasion, death of Hervor and the treacherous Mirkwood. He was not in a hurry with slaying his foes, nor did he want to drag it out too long. If he rushed, he'd get out of breath too quickly from straining himself and if he stalled other creatures might join in the fight so as the rest of the Group finished off their foes he was in the middle of his dance / song with an aching right arm from holding his two handed with one hand for so long.

"Therefore men think that they can perceive, from their forefathers' names which are written down."

He now feinted to the right, let one of the last bats dive, went back left and thrust his sword through the head of it. Rolled around, aggro'd another one, took this one straight on, let it bit his hand as he had the reinforced armor protecting him to such an extent that he only received a flesh-wound. Then, as it had it's teeth stuck to his plate, he punched the tree next to him - leaving the bat's head taking the impact between the two bodies of Mio and the tree.

"Great clouds of dust rolling over the plain, through which glittered white corslet and golden helmet in the rain"

When he killed the last one he looked around and noticed he had slain four of them, in total he couldn't count them all. As a matter of fact, he didn't want to count them all. He made a prayer for the restless souls who were slain this night, took off his left glove, and started to wash his wound. It was then he realized.

He's ridiculously hungry.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Castle - The Entrace (Part 1)

Crisis at the Entrance - The Metamorphosis

Bat wings all over the place! Such a mess children, such a mess! Mother is not happy, not happy at all! You have to learn to clean up after yourselves! You left all the work for me! How do I take care of it? Oh I know! Idea, idea, I am a creator after all, from these wings and the guts of the bats I can make even more terrifying monsters! Behold, the bugs!
    Spoiler show

Are you not entertained? Are you not amused? Are you not satisfied? I am letting you play games, by my rules of course! Such unruly children, mother is not happy! No, no! Go my pretties, show them the wrath of nature, you killed my babies, now my babies are going to kill you! Oh the irony, oh the joy and sorrow of my heart that so wants revenge, and if you kill these I will just sprout new ones, you can never kill me, never!

Why, I was so filled with joy I could have slayed them all like bugs, like insects! But no I send insects to destroy them, they are worst than vermin, I am telling you reader these adventurers may claim a noble soul but they are rotten to the core, do not trust them, trust only me, I will guide you, the path of the reader is paved by the storyteller, remember that, even you are nothing without me!

Alas, not only the animal kingdom which I control but the winds that the sky sent were on my side as well, everything is on my side, you are weak, worthless, pathetic little humans! You can never beat me, I am so powerful, I am so lovely, I am so beautiful!

"Ugly witch!"

Who said that? Mio?! Mio?! No not him, the one with the hat, ah I am confused, no matter insects kill them all! They say I do not understand these pesky humans, I can sure learn a lot by playing with them kekekekeke!

Spoiler: OOC show

New Reply