Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2003

Thread: An Elastic Heart

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Series of Blurs, Like I Never Occurred

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Awesome comparison

did you ever try crack?
    Nope. I've only ever smoked pot. Scratch that, I did try ecstasy once. What about you? I wouldn't think so, but sometimes people surprise me.

Well I'm kind of used to it at this point but with the current cliffhanger it definitely hurts. I'm glad she's not going on hiatus though, you have to look at the bright side of things.
    True, true, true. It's not a hiatus. Even though three months definitely seems like one! But it's not a hiatus. Now I'm scared that it will turn into one!

I get what you mean. A peaceful, beautiful place sure is a nice thing I wouldn't mind. I believe I can witness more of Japan's society in Tokyo though but if I had the time and the money I would definitely visit more peaceful places too.

It's a nice change but I doubt I could live in a place where nothing much happens for too long.
    That's true. You'd get a lot more fill on your pop culture there. I remember once on America's Next Top model they were doing Tokyo fashion and it was ugly as hell. Literally looked like they grabbed as many neon, mis-matched articles of clothing as they could and put them all on at once. Although that was a few years ago. I wonder if the trends are still like that in the city.

FMA definitely is that great, I consider it one of the few masterpieces out there.
    Without a doubt. It's the best anime I have ever seen (Brotherhood, I mean). Hands down. It's so character driven. And the plot is intricate and well thought out. It reminds me of Harry Potter in that way.

I feel like I will only be disappointed when I watch it though so I really don't know.
    I went ahead and watched it. It's not as bad as everyone seems to think. The main problem with it is that the antagonists are very poorly developed. If you don't have a worthwhile villain/opposition in a story, then the plot goes down along with it. So the plot and villains are no good.

However, that isn't to say there aren't many great qualities about it. I watched it in English (I prefer all of my FMA dubbed). The voice acting is top notch as always. The dialogue isn't up to par with the rest of the FMA franchise, but it's not too noticeable. If you're a diehard FMA fan, you'll enjoy seeing Ed and Al again. The best part about the movie was the animation, too. It's in a different style that the first movie and the animes, but it's still a visual treat. Fluid and vibrant, and the fight scenes are cool to watch.

Overall, you should give it a watch. I think that since you're going into it without high expectations and I've warned you on how the plot/villains aren't great, that you won't have to fear too much disappointment. I enjoyed it and I'll probably watch it again.

there are such a lot of non high-school settings
    Well the big four (and DGM) aren't in high school setting for the most part, that's true. I have zero interest in Bleach though, and One Piece is something I've tried to get into a few times. It hasn't hooked me thus far, but I wouldn't say I have zero interest there.... Naruto is so long. @_@ (as well as OP for that matter). It would take me AGES to catch up at this point!

you're an awesome gurl too

though I was really surprised that you see me as someone mysterious XD
    I just mean that even though I feel like I know you to some extent, I don't know all that much. I honestly have no idea what you look like, for example. XD That's always a huge mystery barrier for me. If I can't have a concrete image of someone in my head, then their persona is constantly changing in my head and it creates an air of murk and mystery.

Unicorn did betray you?!
    Yes, yes he did!

oh I dunno, I feel like it's more of a basic approach, it's nearly impossible to become a pesimist when you are an optimist - of course that aplies the other way around too.

Now I could go on and on about what makes being an optimist so much better but it's like with everything, it has it's advantages and disadvantages.
    Pessimism is very limiting. Optimism will set your bar high, but it's easy to become disappointed. I feel like realism is a happy medium somewhere between the two.

Huh, I know exactly how you feel. It's not that I love drinking but it definitely helps me to be more honest and open towards other people. I feel like I'm so self-conscious that I can never really let loose completely though.
    I've yet to meet someone that I've dumped all of my secrets, insecurities, and hopes with. I don't know if that person will ever exist. In a weird way, I almost do it to preserve myself sometimes. That didn't really make sense, but I don't know how to put it exactly.

Creating walls is a natural thing, it's something everyone does. It's probably nothing more than a cheap try to protect yourself from whatever harm you might possibly face if you wouldn't create these walls.
    Now I don't know that much about you but from the impression I've got you definitely didn't have an easy childhood and things don't seem easy nowadays either - which obviously leads to you creating more and more walls. I can relate to that a lot, believe me or not. I need a lot of time until I feel relatively comfortable around people, I'm either pretty silent and hold back or I put up a huge facade. There are only a few selected people where I can be and act how I really am, and for that I'm glad. I hope you have someone like that too.
    You're right about that. But you don't really seem to be that self conscience on here. Are you shy in real life, Nii-chan? I think it's hard to picture.

There were definitely dark sides to my childhood that I hate to think about, but all the same... I don't think I would trade it for anything.

I used to have people like that, but I grew apart from them or else pushed them away after a certain point. @_@;;; I'm so difficult to handle sometimes. It's a wonder I have friends at all... I love you guys for putting up with me.

**Have to go to work! x_X Lost track of time, will send out other replies later~

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of tl;drs in this thread via quotes alone is staggering.

/ Re unsubs.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Yes thats similar to my closest friend. He listens to a large amount of music but what he listens to most is dubstep. He is involved in the local scene as well and has a ridiculous amount of knowledge on the genre but its not a genre i go out of my way to listen too. It has a lot of variation though and because he knows me very well, and knows my tastes, he is able to steer me to types of dubstep that I would like. It's quite handy actually as he goes "Hey omar, listen to this, you'll like it" and its usually true.
    I wish I had a guru in each genre that could dig up the best of every world. I'm really glad you have someone that can help you find some suitable dubstep for your liking. Dubstep is you life, after all. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to things like depstep as well as drum and bass, but there is some awesome stuff. When I get off my lazy ass and actually decide to go work out on occasion, I have to say that a good dubstep playlist will make me run harder.

I dont think i hate a whole genre, but I do hate a lot of subgenres. I dislike stuff like thrash metal, especially death metal and black metal. I like heavy metal though, my city is in fact considered the birthplace of it, but I just cannot stand the vocals and the distorted sounds in the extreme variety. Not my cup of tea. Another is probably brostep, which is a harder sounding dubstep developed by you dear Americans to attract frat boys. Well that's being a bit disparaging but its the skrillex-type sound seems to betaken as a definition of dubstep in the US. The really loud distorted and vicious sound is what puts me off.

I tend to dislike something the more extreme and rough it begins sounding, though there are exceptions. I like grime for example (UK mixture of rap and UK garage) but I dislike when the bpm goes higher and they are no longer rapping but talking incomprehensibly, the rest of grime I do appreciate.
    Laughed so hard at that bolded part! It's kind of ridiculous how true that is. I have to agree with you on the death and black metal thing though... I just never really saw the point in it. I can't even remotely understand the lyrics, which is an important aspect of a song to me. And now that my hair is short, head banging just isn't quite the same. I admit that I really like a lot of Skrillex's stuff. Then again, I like more chill stuff like Mt Eden too. They both have their good qualities. I want to know your favorite three dubstep songs now.

Yeah, some sounds go too extreme for the mere sake of being extreme and lose the purpose of good music in it. There's a point where it's just silly and there's no point anymore.

I would say I dont dislike much more than that, there are a lot of genres i dont listen to but thats more to do with my preferences being skewed to certain ways rather than anything else. What about you?
    I mentioned not being terribly sweet on country music, but it's impossible to escape when you live in Texas. I like melodic and lyrical music. It's so nice to hear something I can relate with because artists are so much better at putting things into words than I am. The genre isn't as important as how the song works on a whole. Most of what I listen to has an alternative vibe to it I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaali View Post
    Listen to

Nirvana - polly
    You are definitely a character, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post

Sometimes you make me feel like I'm on drugs a little bit. This is really pretty though. She reminds me of someone, but I can't quite place it...

I've always meant to listen to more of her stuff when you first linked that. Something I have to do after that Flying Lotus album.

Ali Farka Toure - Heygana
    Hah! That was a stark contrast right after listening to Gary's song. XD

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    You should try this drinking game.

Jesus, I wish I had friends cool enough to want to play Quidditch pong with me. We could even fill the cups with Butterbeer or Fire Whiskey. You have no idea how badly I want to play this now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaali View Post
    The amount of tl;drs in this thread via quotes alone is staggering.

/ Re unsubs.

And stay out!

You - foreveralone me faster so fast.... / goes off to the corner ©~Charlie
    Last edited by Charlie; November 08, 2012 at 04:13 AM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Sometimes you make me feel like I'm on drugs a little bit. This is really pretty though. She reminds me of someone, but I can't quite place it...
    Okay, but what about the music?

Seriously? My taste is wide-ranging, so I wonder what you're referring to. I remember those giant playlists I sent you, pretty diverse I thought. Music is a drug I guess.

Oh, just to remind you and also because Imp asked me in my thread the other day about my favorite "unknown" songs. This would be one. I wonder if you remember it?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite 3? Probably Kode 9 & spaceape - 9 Samurai, Tritonal - Still With Me (Ft. Cristina Soto) (Seven Lions Remix) and Burial - Homeless. It was hard trying to think of that actually, I'm not blown away so much in that genre. I'm more of a jungle/DnB type person (Juuuungle <3).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for a shitload of text

Nope. I've only ever smoked pot. Scratch that, I did try ecstasy once. What about you? I wouldn't think so, but sometimes people surprise me.
    How was it? Ecastasy I mean

Sorry, can't surprise. I've smoked pot but that's about it. There were a few occasions where I had the chance to try other things and as the curious person I am I was tempted to just give it a try but in the end I didn't do it because I believe it's just not worth it.

True, true, true. It's not a hiatus. Even though three months definitely seems like one! But it's not a hiatus. Now I'm scared that it will turn into one!
    Famous last words! I already see it happening now thanks to you

.... but no, she can't do that now. Impossible.

That's true. You'd get a lot more fill on your pop culture there. I remember once on America's Next Top model they were doing Tokyo fashion and it was ugly as hell. Literally looked like they grabbed as many neon, mis-matched articles of clothing as they could and put them all on at once. Although that was a few years ago. I wonder if the trends are still like that in the city.
    Haha, I can imagine XD I doubt that's your regular Japanese style (or style in Tokyo), probably just the rich and famous trying to stand out. And who gives a fu** about fashion, I will go straight to one of these Otaku Cafe's where a beautiful maiden in a great-looking cat-costume will greet me with a "Irashaimase goshujin-sama"

Without a doubt. It's the best anime I have ever seen (Brotherhood, I mean). Hands down. It's so character driven. And the plot is intricate and well thought out. It reminds me of Harry Potter in that way.
    Not sure if it's the best, there's such a huge amount of very different but great anime out there that I can't choose just one, it's definitely among the best though.
    I can see where you're coming from but I still have difficulties comparing a manga to a book XD

I went ahead and watched it. It's not as bad as everyone seems to think. The main problem with it is that the antagonists are very poorly developed. If you don't have a worthwhile villain/opposition in a story, then the plot goes down along with it. So the plot and villains are no good.

However, that isn't to say there aren't many great qualities about it. I watched it in English (I prefer all of my FMA dubbed). The voice acting is top notch as always. The dialogue isn't up to par with the rest of the FMA franchise, but it's not too noticeable. If you're a diehard FMA fan, you'll enjoy seeing Ed and Al again. The best part about the movie was the animation, too. It's in a different style that the first movie and the animes, but it's still a visual treat. Fluid and vibrant, and the fight scenes are cool to watch.

Overall, you should give it a watch. I think that since you're going into it without high expectations and I've warned you on how the plot/villains aren't great, that you won't have to fear too much disappointment. I enjoyed it and I'll probably watch it again.
    I guess I will give it a try then! Not now though, I'm following too much series at the moment

Well the big four (and DGM) aren't in high school setting for the most part, that's true. I have zero interest in Bleach though, and One Piece is something I've tried to get into a few times. It hasn't hooked me thus far, but I wouldn't say I have zero interest there.... Naruto is so long. @_@ (as well as OP for that matter). It would take me AGES to catch up at this point!
    You really are an exception regarding that matter, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hasn't followed or is following at least one of the big three (big four is new to me).

I just mean that even though I feel like I know you to some extent, I don't know all that much. I honestly have no idea what you look like, for example. XD That's always a huge mystery barrier for me. If I can't have a concrete image of someone in my head, then their persona is constantly changing in my head and it creates an air of murk and mystery.
    Haha, I think I posted a picture once. Don't try to find it though, I believe it's already deleted and it was shitty too XD maybe I will share another one at some point, I like to remain mysterious

but I guess I can say the same regarding you (with the exception of a photo ofc), isn't that how it's like with most people here though? You know them quite a bit and you might even talk to them on a regular basis but if you think a bit more about it you realize that there's actually a damn lot you don't know about. I believe building enough trust to tell a person everything (or a lot) about you is hard to accomplish, especially on a "mere" internet site. Not impossible but nothing usual either.

Pessimism is very limiting. Optimism will set your bar high, but it's easy to become disappointed. I feel like realism is a happy medium somewhere between the two.

Well the middle is always rumored to be the best way, nothing wrong with your argument though. I'm not a die hard optimist either, I guess it's some sort of optimism-realism. I try to look at the bright side of things but I don't expect things where it's most likely that it just won't come true.

I've yet to meet someone that I've dumped all of my secrets, insecurities, and hopes with. I don't know if that person will ever exist. In a weird way, I almost do it to preserve myself sometimes. That didn't really make sense, but I don't know how to put it exactly.
    All of them? I believe that's nearly impossible, even if you trust and love someone completely there might just be something you don't want to talk about, with no one. At least that goes for me, I think I've told my best friend and my girlfriend 90% about me but there still are certain things that I just don't feel like talking about. That's just me though, maybe you're different but you never found this special someone you would tell (nearly) all your secrets and thoughts?

You're right about that. But you don't really seem to be that self conscience on here. Are you shy in real life, Nii-chan? I think it's hard to picture.
    No, shy would be the wrong word. Like I said I'm rather silent at the start though because I'm so self-concscious. Well I guess it's not just that but at least it plays a huge role, I believe I need more time to get comfortable with people I just met than your usual guy.

And I guess you never knew the me from back then here, I wasn't that frank at the start XD even now there aren't that much people who I show my absolute true self to or who I would talk about serious personal matters. You're one of them though so you can feel honored :P

There were definitely dark sides to my childhood that I hate to think about, but all the same... I don't think I would trade it for anything.

I used to have people like that, but I grew apart from them or else pushed them away after a certain point. @_@;;; I'm so difficult to handle sometimes. It's a wonder I have friends at all... I love you guys for putting up with me.
    Well your life is your life, there's always worse or better out there. Facing hardships is a natural part of your life so even though there are certain things I regret or which I dislike thinking about I would never trade it. I believe people who actually want that have/had it way, way worse and would comment our problems with a sarcastic laugh.

And I don't know you enough to make a good statement about that. You certainly don't seem to be the easy type but from my impression you're not as bad as you're picturing yourself. From what I can tell you're an interesting and special person that stands out of the crowd and someone you can have a damn lot of fun with. I can imagine you bitching around pretty well too though ;P

And it's over.... that took a damn huge amount of my time XD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Naomi how are you doing?

Since I did promise to tell you when I would be, but I am going to be in Dallas January 19-21

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's okay ignore my post

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nii chan - this is for you - some manhwa behind the scenes.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

tl;dw

and this is finnish, not korean

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

A new defintions of Korean - is anything I post is manhwa / korean.

Anyways - that behind the scenes is freaking awesome - me gusta.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    A new defintions of Korean - is anything I post is manhwa / korean.

Anyways - that behind the scenes is freaking awesome - me gusta.

Huh - so thats where that post above was. I was looking for it all along....

Naom - have a drink with me ~~

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    HEY NAOMI, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Thread Closed