Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: An Elastic Heart

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always. - Part 1

Yep, I haven't seen them much. Golden and Albino are more common and lesser in price. You know they need to be DNA tested for knowing their sex? Even the experts cannot tell the sex from looking at them. Some breeds have identical males and females. Mine were sexed too, cost me some money and inconvenience.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

You had to know the sex to make sure they wouldn't have a clutch you mean?

Occasionally you'll have birds like that, where the sexual dimorphism is almost nonexistent. So I believe it.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Let's grab Gary's tits, he likes it. D:
    He loves it when I do it, but I'd be careful, if I were you...

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    He never came back then I'm assuming?

Feral dogs figure it out sometimes, but I guess they're closer to being an apex predator than a parakeet, so you have a point.
    Oh no. He was pretty smart (as far as parakeets go), but a complete idiot as far as anything else goes.
    I'd like to think he found a nice flock of geese or some shit to fly south with. But to be honest, he probably died in the first 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I feared the same, that they might not survive. Its in their Nature to adapt. I had the pair when they were just two months old. Kept them for more than 2 years. It was hard for me to let them ago, due to the attachment. In the end, I am happy to have freed them.

Really, you haven't seen them? There are many variants in Rosella. The most beautiful is the Blue variant.
    I bet the first thing they did was shat on someone's head just for the lulz. If I were a caged bird, that would be something I always wanted to try.
    Those birds are larger than my tiny parakeets, so they're probably a lot smarter too. You had them when they were just little babies. I don't think I could have ever set them free like that. I'm too selfish and attached to mine. @_@

And those are gorgeous birds. So pretty.

Great idea, you do it >.>
    Milly's going to get his face mauled.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I turn a blind eye to being felt up if distracted (beer and food)...Naomi, don't think less of me ....IT MEANT NOTHING TO ME

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant, differentiating male from female. People try to guess on the basis some differences, as size of beak and head, feather colors, etc. I see many experts making wrong assessment. Best way is DNA Sexing.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Occasionally you'll have birds like that, where the sexual dimorphism is almost nonexistent. So I believe it.
    You can tell by their behavior sometimes, too. Like female parakeets are usually more territorial than the males. Mine bicker all. the. time. I'm about 80% sure Hugo is a chick. They always fight over that god damn swing with the jewels on it.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Oh no. He was pretty smart (as far as parakeets go), but a complete idiot as far as anything else goes.
    I'd like to think he found a nice flock of geese or some shit to fly south with. But to be honest, he probably died in the first 48 hours.
    He would certainly met his doom trying to keep up with geese

I'm assuming since this was a long way back he was probably out in colder weather up north. If it wasn't cold enough to have killed him then a raptor probably got him

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Omg! Milly milly milly milly. =D

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant, differentiating male from female. People try to guess on the basis some differences, as size of beak and head, feather colors, etc. I see many experts making wrong assessment. Best way is DNA Sexing.
    No I know what you meant. But I think the DNA is done so they can pair two of the same sex together to make sure a clutch doesn't appear one day in the cage with them

Like the same way you would neuter or spay a cat or dog.

You can tell by their behavior sometimes, too. Like female parakeets are usually more territorial than the males. Mine bicker all. the. time. I'm about 80% sure Hugo is a chick. They always fight over that god damn swing with the jewels on it.
    Well that betch knows she's the favorite, of course she's going to smack fools around

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

He would certainly met his doom trying to keep up with geese

I'm assuming since this was a long way back he was probably out in colder weather up north. If it wasn't cold enough to have killed him then a raptor probably got him
    It was Colorado. It's no Minnesota, but it could get pretty cold in the winter.

Well yeah. He was bright ass blue, so he didn't blend in very well with anything. He was a funny bird though. Once, he was sitting on my knee and my little sister was sitting near us. She was kinda mean to him and didn't like him very much, so she was just going on and on like "you're so stupid. What a retarded little bird. What a stupid birdddd~"

So he hops down from my knee, waddles over to my sister, and starts climbing on her. At this point she's like "awww, look. He wants to sit on me now." All smug and what not. Anyway, he climbs all the way to the top of her head, shits, and flies three rooms away to his cage.

It was the best thing I had ever seen. I cried I laughed so hard.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Well that betch knows she's the favorite, of course she's going to smack fools around
    Hugo always loses.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well hey, losing doesn't mean you can't be proud and bitchy x)

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Oh! Omg! Milly milly milly milly. =D

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Oh right...the plugin was turned off

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not curry badger anymore.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT AM I DOING UP

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

It's not curry badger anymore.
    It will always bee Curry Badger in our hearts

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a pair of love birds. I waited for them to lay egg. Laid egg they did, but I was like when both of them did. The shopkeeper made a fool out of me. They were both females. You can monitor their behavior, but you can't certain if both the birds are of some gender. It is only possible when you are sure of male and female.

Have you ever had Canaries? They are one of my favorite birds. I had three pairs of Crested head Canaries.

Spoiler show

If you ever want to add birds to your collection, try them. They are so cute and they produce alluring whistling. Some Canaries can whistle in so many tones.

By the way, all the birds, peacocks, pheasants, chicken, + puppies I had, were babies. Not mention, I hatched some at my home, in the incubator. It was too cruel to see the newborns searching for the comfort and warmth of their mothers. I disposed off the incubator.

No I know what you meant. But I think the DNA is done so they can pair two of the same sex together to make sure a clutch doesn't appear one day in the cage with them

Like the same way you would neuter or spay a cat or dog.
    In a way, yeah. It is not very wise to have your birds breed over and over again. Too stressful for the female.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a pair of love birds. I waited for them to lay egg. Laid egg they did, but I was like when both of them did. The shopkeeper made a fool out of me. They were both females. You can monitor their behavior, but you can't certain if both the birds are of some gender. It is only possible when you are sure of male and female.
    HOW IS BABBY FORMED?

Did he make a fool of you, or did you just not care to check the DNA?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast