Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2003

Thread: An Elastic Heart

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Series of Blurs, Like I Never Occurred

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Is it even WORSE?

...I already have a hard time believing Breaking Dawn was better than the very first movie, which I haven't watched yet(and I don't plan on changing that).
    I can count on one hand the number of books that I have started and refused to finish. Breaking Dawn in one of them. I read Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon, and by book three, I hated the series. But I felt that I needed to at least get some closure and finish the saga. Breaking Dawn was so bad that I actually spent $13 on it, forced myself through the first entire half of the novel and then finally couldn't take it anymore. I'm not the type to just throw a book aside with no intention of ever picking it up again. Especially after experiencing the vast imagination of Rowling in the Harry Potter series, Meyers was... well, I don't want to be any meaner than I already have been so I'll just stop. XD

I've only seen the first Twilight movie once and it was forever ago. Also, I was painting so I didn't really pay attention to what was going on. There was one part that made me laugh really hard though, I'll give it that.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    shulolol it should be banned from the cinema
    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Could not agree more. Bugz, I am disappointed in you.
    Me like Twilight?

I've never watched the movies or read the books.

T'was just a question.

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    lol i think Bugz wanted to make fun of her, but he made a mistake Nao is a HPtard, the twilightards are Ancy and Matzik
    I wasn't trying to make fun out of Naomi. I already knew about her tardness for those things.

I wanted to ask her a question and that's the first one that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Hey, Bugz~ =D

Hmm. Well, I didn't finish the book (it was SO bad), but I think I'll see it anyway. One of the lame-est parts of the book is that there is no fight epic battle of doom (or so my sister tells me) even though the entire first half of the novel build up to it and leads you to believe. But judging by the movie trailers I've seen, there's going to be some action. Might be worth it since I've seen the other four movies anyway, you know? I won't see it in theaters unless my mom asks me to go with her and pays for it. She really likes the movies, so that's a possibility.

I'm surprised you're asking though. Are you going to see it? XD
    I just wanted to know whether you still have an interest in the series. I guess it's yes and no.

But yeah my younger sister loves that crap. It's poisoned her mind and I feel sorry for her now.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    I just wanted to know whether you still have an interest in the series. I guess it's yes and no.

But yeah my younger sister loves that crap. It's poisoned her mind and I feel sorry for her now.
    Ah, I see. XD I was thinking it was a really random thing to ask. Seems like it was random in your mind as well, so that makes sense. I didn't remember you being into Twilight after all.

Oh dear. :/ Sorry to hear that. I hope that her ideal lover isn't a guy who sneaks into her room at night to watch her sleep, follows her where ever she goes, leaves her, has a cannibalistic instinct to murder her, etc etc. "Poison" is a superb word to describe the Twilight novels. They teach young girls horrible values about relationships and self worth. If there were to be one reason for disliking the series, that would be the one to trump them all.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

/ unsubs

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance, you damn unicorn!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

My taste is fucking sweet

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, anime/manga is exactly like crack. The first high is the best. You can keep using to get similar highs and awesome trips, but it's never quite like the first.
    Awesome comparison

did you ever try crack?

Ugh. I knowwwww. And I was so disappointed to see there won't be a chapter this month either. You'd think it wouldn't really be a big deal anymore by this time, but that's definitely not the case! Not after that cliff hanger she dropped us at last time. She truly is a sadist, that woman.
    Well I'm kind of used to it at this point but with the current cliffhanger it definitely hurts. I'm glad she's not going on hiatus though, you have to look at the bright side of things.

I don't know about Tokyo, just because it's pretty crowded and hectic there. I don't really enjoy even large American cities that much, so I can't imagine being somewhere foreign in a setting like that, you know? But can you imagine living at a shrine or a home out in the country like in Totoro? That would be wonderful, I think. I would really love to travel anywhere outside of the US, Mexico, or Canada. I'm stuck in this hemisphere and continent! I wonder when I'll see more of the world. Although I don't know how I feel about completely moving away from USA. This country seems to fit my lifestyle and all that.
    I get what you mean. A peaceful, beautiful place sure is a nice thing I wouldn't mind. I believe I can witness more of Japan's society in Tokyo though but if I had the time and the money I would definitely visit more peaceful places too.

It's a nice change but I doubt I could live in a place where nothing much happens for too long.

Finally! It was weird when I finally decided to watch FMA because I had seen a couple episodes of it randomly on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) when I was younger and then my cousin had a obsession with it. Finally watching it was definitely interesting. XD It was like being an outsider who finally saw the grass on the other side!
    FMA definitely is that great, I consider it one of the few masterpieces out there.

I might give it a shot eventually. Just because it's FMA though. I might enjoy it to some extent. I hate people who're like "it ruined the series!" or whatever. FMA and FMA:B are untouchable. You can't "ruin" something so epic. I think it's on Netflix. Might order from there when I've gotten down my movie list a bit.
    I don't understand that reason either, nothing can ruin what was achieved. You can question or criticice what happened afterwards but what was once done right can never be destroyed.

I feel like I will only be disappointed when I watch it though so I really don't know.

I'm still on episode 5 only, but I'm certainly going to finish it. It's an interesting premise and refreshing that it isn't in high school. XD
    there are such a lot of non high-school settings

Its strangeness is what hooked me.
    It's one of it's strong points, definitely. Not everyone likes it though. If you like it now you will love it later.

Bilingual (multilingual too) people are so awesome. *_*
    you're an awesome gurl too

though I was really surprised that you see me as someone mysterious XD

At least you didn't ditch me like Charlie did.
    Unicorn did betray you?!

So many people are jaded with disappointment that optimism is something rather foreign. It can be contagious though, so don't expect to be lonesome there for very long.
    oh I dunno, I feel like it's more of a basic approach, it's nearly impossible to become a pesimist when you are an optimist - of course that aplies the other way around too.

Now I could go on and on about what makes being an optimist so much better but it's like with everything, it has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Because drunk!Naomi is fucking insane. It's a wonder I haven't stayed sober since that very first time I got wasted because I almost always regret something I say/do. XD I always used to think that drinking was awesome because it was a way to destroy the millions of walls I build up when I'm completely aware. But as I've gotten older I've realized that I just construct new and different walls when I drink. Maybe one day I'll master the art of being completely open and honest.
    Huh, I know exactly how you feel. It's not that I love drinking but it definitely helps me to be more honest and open towards other people. I feel like I'm so self-conscious that I can never really let loose completely though.

Creating walls is a natural thing, it's something everyone does. It's probably nothing more than a cheap try to protect yourself from whatever harm you might possibly face if you wouldn't create these walls.
    Now I don't know that much about you but from the impression I've got you definitely didn't have an easy childhood and things don't seem easy nowadays either - which obviously leads to you creating more and more walls. I can relate to that a lot, believe me or not. I need a lot of time until I feel relatively comfortable around people, I'm either pretty silent and hold back or I put up a huge facade. There are only a few selected people where I can be and act how I really am, and for that I'm glad. I hope you have someone like that too.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance, you damn unicorn!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: A Series of Blurs, Like I Never Occurred

Faux self depreciation, huh? I took it seriously because I guess I'm used to the real thing. You're a cocky little bastard, you know that?

But yeah, you have a good point there. I knew you'd understand that when I said I don't love all of it. And I'm sure there is a tonnnn of shit in my iTunes library that would make your skin crawl. Haha. My taste varies a lot. I like having friends that listen to things I wouldn't typically play or find though. My best friend listens to country music a lot . Even though I'm not a country fan, I still love it when she makes me mix CDs and things because even redneck music has its gems.

What's your most hated genre of music? And avoid mentioning Keane in there, because that will register as a blow on the emotional level!
    Yes thats similar to my closest friend. He listens to a large amount of music but what he listens to most is dubstep. He is involved in the local scene as well and has a ridiculous amount of knowledge on the genre but its not a genre i go out of my way to listen too. It has a lot of variation though and because he knows me very well, and knows my tastes, he is able to steer me to types of dubstep that I would like. It's quite handy actually as he goes "Hey omar, listen to this, you'll like it" and its usually true.

I dont think i hate a whole genre, but I do hate a lot of subgenres. I dislike stuff like thrash metal, especially death metal and black metal. I like heavy metal though, my city is in fact considered the birthplace of it, but I just cannot stand the vocals and the distorted sounds in the extreme variety. Not my cup of tea. Another is probably brostep, which is a harder sounding dubstep developed by you dear Americans to attract frat boys. Well that's being a bit disparaging but its the skrillex-type sound seems to betaken as a definition of dubstep in the US. The really loud distorted and vicious sound is what puts me off.

I tend to dislike something the more extreme and rough it begins sounding, though there are exceptions. I like grime for example (UK mixture of rap and UK garage) but I dislike when the bpm goes higher and they are no longer rapping but talking incomprehensibly, the rest of grime I do appreciate.

I would say I dont dislike much more than that, there are a lot of genres i dont listen to but thats more to do with my preferences being skewed to certain ways rather than anything else. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    My taste is fucking sweet
    You want appreciation dont you! I can tell, you want it! YOU WANT IT-yea your taste is sweet.
    Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You want appreciation dont you! I can tell, you want it! YOU WANT IT-yea your taste is sweet.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop shining and link some music.

Another is probably brostep, which is a harder sounding dubstep developed by you dear Americans to attract frat boys. Well that's being a bit disparaging but its the skrillex-type sound seems to betaken as a definition of dubstep in the US. The really loud distorted and vicious sound is what puts me off.
    Rusko sums it up

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen to

Nirvana - polly

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop shining and link some music.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always meant to listen to more of her stuff when you first linked that. Something I have to do after that Flying Lotus album.

Ali Farka Toure - Heygana

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You should try this drinking game.

20. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast