Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

34 46.58%
  • Good

29 39.73%
  • Average

4 5.48%
  • Bad

6 8.22%
New Reply
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 490 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 490 Discussion / 491 Predictions

Biggest question. Do Quincy live as long as Shinigami? Because if Yama failed to kill Buckbeard 1000 years ago, that is what would be implied. But what if Buckbeard wasn't "that man 1000 years ago." What if Isshin is the one Yama failed to kill? What if that's why Isshin didn't show up to the party until after Yama and crew went lights out against Aizen? What if Isshin, is somehow connected to the Quincy through Ryukken and broke some convoluted SS law by being so? What if that is why Yama would have had to kill him in the 1st place? What if Isshin used FGT to survive and escape?! So many questions, but mostly, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BACK STORY ON ISSHIN?!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 490 Discussion / 491 Predictions ~Expect the Chapter around May 8th

To be honest I am very curious as of what is up with the garganta that appeared next to hiyori and lisa. The situation in particular made no sense. A garganta opens up and she smells shinigami? There are 3 people that have the ability to open a garganta as far as we know, one is aizen who is locked up, the other is mayuri and the last is urahara. Mayuri has been in SS so it should not make sense for him to appear next to hiyori using a garganta. So that leaves urahara. Why would urahara open a garganta near hiyori and lisa? did something happen to hiyori and lisa? What I was thinking was that it was urahara that actually allowed nel and co into the human world so that they would convince ichigo to go to HM. Basically urahara wanted to bait ichigo into HM, perhaps for him to see the quincy thing for himself.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

another thing
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/485/15

Anyone sees the chair in the top left frame? It is disappearing from there. If we assume that buckbeard is indeed a quincy, would he perhaps actually have absorbed the chair's spirit particles? If that is the case then perhaps this guy is in a constant final form so to speak but to a similar degree as uryu when he fought mayuri. Actual domination of spirit particles....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida is part of the royal quincy family. I believe buckbeard is his uncle. I want to know why exactly this is called holy war. Kirge's released form looks like an angel. They must have some sort of connect to the spiritual king. Kings worlds is basically the heaven of bleach.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be honest I am very curious as of what is up with the garganta that appeared next to hiyori and lisa. The situation in particular made no sense. A garganta opens up and she smells shinigami? There are 3 people that have the ability to open a garganta as far as we know, one is aizen who is locked up, the other is mayuri and the last is urahara.
    If Kubo didn't decide to introduce Ashido Kanō in the manga, it can be one (or some) of the quincies from HM, who are presumably shinigami. Perhaps they were planning to capture Love's bankai but he wasn't there. It coincides with the time Ivan tried to capture Ichigo's bankai. If they indeed fought Love and failed to capture his bankai too, it supports the theory that Ichigo and four vizard captains are the special war potentials VR is talking about. I find it unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    another thing
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/485/15

Anyone sees the chair in the top left frame? It is disappearing from there. If we assume that buckbeard is indeed a quincy, would he perhaps actually have absorbed the chair's spirit particles? If that is the case then perhaps this guy is in a constant final form so to speak but to a similar degree as uryu when he fought mayuri. Actual domination of spirit particles....
    When Uryū released Quincy Final Form, the spirit particles were moving toward him and he was visibly absorbing them. In VR leader's case, the chair and stairs are dissipating. The guy certainly has a great control on spirit particles but I don't think he's in a constant final form, this form seems to give quincies wings which let them absorb spirit particles easier and faster.

Ok, predictions for next chapter: I think Ichigo will fight Kirge for a while but he'll prove too powerful and Ichigo will release his bankai. I can see Nelliel changing into her adult form to protect Ichigo but getting hurt by one of Kirge's arrows to show readers how powerful these new enemies are. I don't expect to see a fight in SS, I guess we'll finally see the faces of star knights, and some captains will arrive at the scene to stop them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess this explains why quincy are the only being able to completely erase a hollows existence

Quincy= Angels
    Hollow = devils/demons

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL,I can't believe it that Kubo used the same proverb used by kishimoto on Kinkaku and Ginkaku about silent and speech http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/490/9 XD . I really liked this!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the quincy looks like it turned into a angel would be cool if ichigo's hollow powers comeback and he uses his mast it would be like a demon vs an angel

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    LOL,I can't believe it that Kubo used the same proverb used by kishimoto on Kinkaku and Ginkaku about silent and speech http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/490/9 XD . I really liked this!
    Lol, it's a pretty common proverb. At least, even my country does use it...

I can't wait to see more of the Holy Form/Quincies. I hope there are some references of angels, like the theme of Star Knights or so...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 490 Discussion / 491 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JutsuJuken View Post
    Biggest question. Do Quincy live as long as Shinigami? Because if Yama failed to kill Buckbeard 1000 years ago, that is what would be implied. But what if Buckbeard wasn't "that man 1000 years ago." What if Isshin is the one Yama failed to kill? What if that's why Isshin didn't show up to the party until after Yama and crew went lights out against Aizen? What if Isshin, is somehow connected to the Quincy through Ryukken and broke some convoluted SS law by being so? What if that is why Yama would have had to kill him in the 1st place? What if Isshin used FGT to survive and escape?! So many questions, but mostly, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BACK STORY ON ISSHIN?!!!
    very good theorys you have there! I also want to know more about Isshin .. i mean come on! In Bleach time-line Ichigo have now known about Isshins shinigami powers for over 17 months! I mean, true he said that isshin didnt need to talk about it before he was ready for it, but SERIOUSLY.. its taking him a bit too long!.. And Ginjou was talking about Isshin in the start of the fullbring arc too, for some reason. .. !

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather universally common, I won't translate the languages, abbreviations are at the end. I asume everybody with knowledge of it will use it once or twice in his life for himself/others.
    • Arabisch: [1] إذا كان الكلام من فضة، فالسكوت من ذهب → ar
    • Englisch: [1] Speech is silver, but silence is golden → en
    • Esperanto: [1] Parolo estas arĝento, oron similas silento → eo
    • Französisch: [1] la parole est d'argent, le silence est d'or → fr
    • Griechisch (Neu-): [1] το λακωνιζειν εστι φιλοσοφειν → el
    • Japanisch: [1] 言わぬが花 (いわぬがはな, iwanuga hana) → ja (wörtl. Nicht sagen ist eine Blume)
    • Niederländisch: [1] Spreken is zilver, zwijgen is goud → nl
    • Persisch: [1] اگر حرف از نقره است، خاموشی از طلاست → fa
    • Polnisch: [1] Mowa jest srebrem, a milczenie złotem → pl
    • Russisch: [1] Слово - серебро, молчание - золото → ru
    • Norwegisch: [1] Tale er sølv, men taushet er gull → no
    • Schwedisch: [1] Tala är silver, tiga är guld → sv
    • Spanisch: [1] Hay cosas que más valdría haber dejado sin decir → es, En boca cerrada no entran moscas → es
    • Tschechisch: [1] Mluviti stříbro, mlčeti zlato → cs

I don't really want to see a angel/heaven theme, too many manga with that topic/theme already, but to be honest I would prefer it over the nazi/german allusions right now. Yeah it's obviously german/dutch themed, but please no stereotypes or history please.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the stern ritten is Ryoken himself,or at least he was once one of them. it would be cool especially because it reminds me of Harry Potter,where Malfoy's father was a Death-eater. Uryu and Malfoy have actually a nice comaprison

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Lol, it's a pretty common proverb. At least, even my country does use it...
    We have it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I can't wait to see more of the Holy Form/Quincies. I hope there are some references of angels, like the theme of Star Knights or so...
    I guess they'll all have wings, it seems it's a common theme of Quincy Complete Holy Form. It may also be their weak spot, damaging the wings may make them absorb spirit particles harder.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's a better version of that form. when uryu used it against mayuri,it was an imcomplete form. we can compare it to Naruto(well,sasuke)'s Cursed Seal. if someone couldn't use it,it damaged him. but the Sound 4 used a technique to prevent the damages. I know it's stupid justifying something with something happened in another manga,but this is just a comparison to explain better

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Rather universally common, I won't translate the languages, abbreviations are at the end. I asume everybody with knowledge of it will use it once or twice in his life for himself/others.
    • Arabisch: [1] إذا كان الكلام من فضة، فالسكوت من ذهب → ar
    • Englisch: [1] Speech is silver, but silence is golden → en
    • Esperanto: [1] Parolo estas arĝento, oron similas silento → eo
    • Französisch: [1] la parole est d'argent, le silence est d'or → fr
    • Griechisch (Neu-): [1] το λακωνιζειν εστι φιλοσοφειν → el
    • Japanisch: [1] 言わぬが花 (いわぬがはな, iwanuga hana) → ja (wörtl. Nicht sagen ist eine Blume)
    • Niederländisch: [1] Spreken is zilver, zwijgen is goud → nl
    • Persisch: [1] اگر حرف از نقره است، خاموشی از طلاست → fa
    • Polnisch: [1] Mowa jest srebrem, a milczenie złotem → pl
    • Russisch: [1] Слово - серебро, молчание - золото → ru
    • Norwegisch: [1] Tale er sølv, men taushet er gull → no
    • Schwedisch: [1] Tala är silver, tiga är guld → sv
    • Spanisch: [1] Hay cosas que más valdría haber dejado sin decir → es, En boca cerrada no entran moscas → es
    • Tschechisch: [1] Mluviti stříbro, mlčeti zlato → cs
    and in turkish

söz (speech) gümüşse (silver) sükut (silence) altındır(golden)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I don't really want to see a angel/heaven theme, too many manga with that topic/theme already, but to be honest I would prefer it over the nazi/german allusions right now. Yeah it's obviously german/dutch themed, but please no stereotypes or history please.
    unfortunately i think u may jus be stuck dealing with it, Kubo's already butchered spanish too lol, as for angel/heaven theme i wonder about that, i mean hasnt it always been kind of unavoidable based on the Bleach premise from the very start....i'm actually surprised we're this far in and its only been mentioned (with mentions of the soul king's 'realm')

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

New Reply
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast