Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

34 46.58%
  • Good

29 39.73%
  • Average

4 5.48%
  • Bad

6 8.22%
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Bleach 490 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 490 Discussion / 491 Predictions ~Expect the Chapter around May 8th

I think the Vandenreich is going to deal some heavy damage to Soul Society, they seem much more prepared and seem to have many weapons to use, not to mention their strong and Kubo's just portraying the story like that.

By the way, I'm calling it right now. Komamura's getting his Bankai sealed. I mean someone's got to be fodder for the Bankai-sealing device, right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I think the Vandenreich is going to deal some heavy damage to Soul Society, they seem much more prepared and seem to have many weapons to use, not to mention their strong and Kubo's just portraying the story like that.

By the way, I'm calling it right now. Komamura's getting his Bankai sealed. I mean someone's got to be fodder for the Bankai-sealing device, right?
    i dont want komamura's bankai getting sealed because it was already trolled. moreover, komamura is already at a disadvantage since there are many long range fighters to hit the giant monster and when his bankai gets hit, komamura gets hit too. i want byakuyas bankai getting sealed. this way byakuya would follow wild approaches like he did against tsukishima.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking, what if the balance can be shifted if a strong spirit dies?
    So, if many strong spirits dies, it could have an potential impact on the balance.

For example, if the balance already is unbalanced, and Soul Society falls, it could have a dangerous impact on the balance, and potentially force the Royal Guards out.
    They probably only care about the balance afterall, so if the balance were to reach dangerous levels, they would probably "care" to appear.

Just to imagine old man Yama die, how many normal spirits his body and reatsu is worth... (Thinking in straight strenght here, not value, in case some would misunderstand).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Was thinking, what if the balance can be shifted if a strong spirit dies?
    So, if many strong spirits dies, it could have an potential impact on the balance.

For example, if the balance already is unbalanced, and Soul Society falls, it could have a dangerous impact on the balance, and potentially force the Royal Guards out.
    They probably only care about the balance afterall, so if the balance were to reach dangerous levels, they would probably "care" to appear.

Just to imagine old man Yama die, how many normal spirits his body and reatsu is worth... (Thinking in straight strenght here, not value, in case some would misunderstand).
    I dont see any use for now to have the old man die. After all his Lt was strong as we know hear, his loyal comrade and underling.nobody else seems to have a tie to him except for Yamamoto so he has to stay alive for now just for plot progress.
    As for the royal realm, i dont know why they havnt intervened at all yet in the past. Its very well possible that the secret mission of the gotei 13 is to protect the soul king. And that the soul king is no more then a hereditary position, meaning he could as well be really weak.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I dont see any use for now to have the old man die. After all his Lt was strong as we know hear, his loyal comrade and underling.nobody else seems to have a tie to him except for Yamamoto so he has to stay alive for now just for plot progress.
    As for the royal realm, i dont know why they havnt intervened at all yet in the past. Its very well possible that the secret mission of the gotei 13 is to protect the soul king. And that the soul king is no more then a hereditary position, meaning he could as well be really weak.
    I see it completely the other way around though, he has to die in order to archieve plot advancement, not to sound sardistic or anything.
    He overshadows Ichigo and "the old ways of doing things". It's normal for the older people to die in manga, or even in real life, in order for the young ones to grow up, take responsibility, and do something "new" and "refreshing".

The old tend to hang in old habits, they have a lot of experience, but they have stoped thinking in "new patterns".

As long old man Yama is alive, a lot of the old ways will remain the same, and to be fair, if Ichigo changed the old man too much, he might be harsh on himself questioning what he has been doing all overs many of hundres or even thousands of years.
    So its much better for Yama to die than to change, for his own and the readers sake.

I certainly don't want to see the old man Yama pity himself or blame himself for his methods over all these years, but that's just me.

So personally, he really has to die, unless we want to see a pityful Yama.
    Ichigo will change a lot of things, it's kinda the theme at this rate

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

490: plot advancement, change, worries

Wasn't the whole time-skip with Soul Society translating their new view due to Ichigo onto the G13 "that" plot advancement you are talking about?

And you are saying that old people can't change, that's simply wrong! Yamamoto did already change.

Nothing is implying that he would worry about his methods in all those centuries, it's just about that single person that he might wear him down.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 07, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

btw,the stern rittens are 7,did you see that? and their leader,who reminds me of ukitake,was the one ahead the other 6. since they are 7, how will they fight? yama may deal with BB,but there would be 12 captains VS 7 stern rittens nonetheless... uhm,it worries me...

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 490: plot advancement, change, worries

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Wasn't the whole time-skip with Soul Society translating their new view due to Ichigo onto the G13 "that" plot advancement you are talking about?

And you are saying that old people can't change, that's simply wrong! Yamamoto did already change.

Nothing is implying that he would worry about his methods in all those centuries, it's just about that single person that he might wear him down.
    wow, wow.. calm down there... first of all, I did say Yama had changed, it was the very nature of my post, wasn't it?
    What I said is, they can't change on their own, they need impact from outside. Young people are still gathering experience, and "analyse" what they have learned to a much greater degree than old people who live by experience.
    There are exceptions, but this is general the truth in our societies.

Just because I didn't mention all details doesn't mean I got some prejudge on old people.
    It's simple, just like there are different type of young people, there are different types of old people.

Yama is a very righteous man, moreover, he puts pride in his work, and it was implied that he had never changed until Ichigo changed him, making him soft, listening more to his heart.

So what I'm trying to say is, he's gonna have to swallow everything he has done over the many years if he starts to soften more than he already is, if Ichigo changes him anymore.
    Imagine if you were a good person, but through strength, determination and conviction you killed 10.000 people on a whimp to keep balance? He's been around for atleast a thousand years, he's bound to have a lot of "guilt" in himself, suppressed.

He's a good old man, but if he gets more soft than he already is, then he might do himself in, loosing conviction, determination and trust himself.
    Beeing a good man, and a strong leader, is no easy task, trust me on that, he's bound to be tired.

Even so, it's true there is difference on young and old leadership, I do by no means judge old people, but there are times where you need the qualities young people can give rather than the qualities of old people, and at times you need to experience and guidance of old people.

Again, what do you think would happen if Yama got softer? Do you really think he could handle all the descisions he has made over the thousand years, and still stand up as the strongest shinigami?
    Worse, there is a massive war going on exactly when this happens, there is no time for him to stabalize, even so, given time, he probably never would loose the guilt.

Though some learn to live with guilt, but such things takes a lot of time to get by.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Although learning to live with your guilt means you stop causing more burden to your guilts.
    So even if he's over a thousand years old, I can gureantee you, if he's a good man, then he has suppressed his guilt, rather than trying to live with it.

Kinda looking forward to see what Kubo has in mind with Yama, there are different posibilities, we'll see soon enough

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what do people think the over/under number of bankais sealed is, before ishida turns on the quincies by revealing their secrets? i'd say 7.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

as interesting as it would be for Yama-ji to get taken out (because of the forced changes we'd have to see in all things SS) the thing is we still havent seen his full power, when you consider he was still strong enough to fight someone like Aizen, while already handicapped by KS and having been stabbed AND having his Zan sealed.....displaying power superior to Aizen in those conditions....it means that the power thats required to take him out is incrediblly huge, as much as ppl wanna jump the gun on him being taken out we really have to consider the fact that for the most part most (if not all of the shinigami we've seen) have shown that their true power lies in their Zanpakuto, whether its the improvements in power/speed it gives them or the special techniques...we still havent really seen the most powerful shinigami's Zan abilities (we saw 1) or full power....so either way its unlikely or going to be incredibly hard....

maybe thats y Kubo left him with only 1 arm lol, never enough advantages when ur fighting yama-ji lol

but to add to that thought its clear his power must be on a scale we dont completely get yet...short of the 5 minutes we got with post Dangai Ichigo, there seems to be a huge gap between him and the other captains, senior or otherwise, i say that because it seems as tho someone like him is as important in this realm as a sort of linchpin as they say about the spirit king to all realms, i say that because it seems to me that if there wasnt someone like him it wouldnt be so hard to overthrow the G13 we've already seen a few ppl who are strong enough to take on the senior captains imo, but its different when u kno an imposing power like Yama-ji is there as well

i really think Yama has a power only rivaled by ppl in the royal guard because you can't have all your strongest cards in one spot, even in the royal guard he may be one of the more powerful shinigami there is

of course all that being said it ultimately does make the idea of him being taken out that much more enticing plot wise lol

----------------------------------------

sidenote: when estimating Yama-ji's power level i think alot of ppl may base it on Aizen, (and the same goes for Yoruichi, Urahara and Isshin) but we have to consider how many times the HG revived (quite literally) Aizen in that fight, the Isshin slash was a killing blow, the Yoruichi punch was a killing blow...etc....so that means these are ppl who are at the very least just as strong as that level Aizen was (or capable of enough power to kill him since it was 3 on one in the 2nd level).....the only one i'd put ahead of them all is maybe the monster HG Aizen at the end....but thats jus Ichigo and Aizen at that point... in transcendent beings mode...but even then we dont know what the extent of Yama's power in comparison is.....etc...

all this to say that in the end Aizen and this 'King' have one thing in common....it never felt like the rest of SS was the issue...but rather, the question has always been

'how do we get past that damn old man Yama'

....jus trying to reinforce the level its gonna take to take yamamoto out....because its been thrown around quite casually lately
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 08, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by provkitir View Post
    what do people think the over/under number of bankais sealed is, before ishida turns on the quincies by revealing their secrets? i'd say 7.
    I think it's just a trick of the current quincies,that is Buckbeard and his men. the shinigami don't know about it notwithstanding they had an all-out war versus them,hence it's a recent device,and uryu shouldn't know about it,dunno for what concerns ryuken...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member patz's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post
    i dont want komamura's bankai getting sealed because it was already trolled. moreover, komamura is already at a disadvantage since there are many long range fighters to hit the giant monster and when his bankai gets hit, komamura gets hit too. i want byakuyas bankai getting sealed. this way byakuya would follow wild approaches like he did against tsukishima.
    May be Komamura has been practice these past few years so when people attack the giant, he won't get hit too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not about him getting hit...Its about him actually sharing a sensory link with his bankai...Which can be advantageous i guess in him controlling its movements but the disadvantage is much more severe...Looking forward to next chapter...Its gonna be EPIC
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13